PDA

View Full Version : glory hunters' thread

AgentDaleCooper
16-04-2012, 01:06 AM
i'll admit it - before the semi, last game i was at was the 2-0 defeat to the yams at ER when deek was captain and sent off...in my defense, i've been at uni in the weeg since 2009, and am mighty skint...but that game depressed the hell out of me.

...but i was at the semi, and i'll be at hampden again. my cousin (who was back, coincidentally, for the semi) has his flight booked for the final.

...so. own up - who on here's not been back in yonks, but is going to be there for the final?

Haymaker
16-04-2012, 01:30 AM
Me, mainly as I can't afford the round trip 19+ times a season. But I will be there for the final.

Mango Man
16-04-2012, 02:06 AM
I will be going, if I can get a ticket obviously, getting a bit worried about getting one now :boo hoo:. Don't get along that much nowadays due to not being able to afford/justify paying 20 odd quid every week, maybe make 2 or 3 games a season, not been this season though.

Been to Hampden many times and vowed never to go back after that semi, hence Hibs winning the LC 5-1 the next year and me not being there to witness it :loser:

Can't miss this one.

lyonhibs
16-04-2012, 06:33 AM
Due to distance, only other game this season was the derby capitulation at New Year. Season b4 I only got to 4/5 games. Being a skint student in the Weeg is nae excuse tho - I did that for 4 years! :-P

Allant1981
16-04-2012, 07:23 AM
Ill hopefully be there, due to work i hardly get to a game these days but the holiday request form was in on sat evening

Koom
16-04-2012, 08:39 AM
.....not been for a couple off years now, due to various reasons, but had a season ticket for 30 years prior to that, am i now classed as a glory hunter??....(will be making the final, come hell or high water)

GordonHFC
16-04-2012, 09:05 AM
Former ST holder for many years but have too many other committments these days. I will not be actively seeking a ticket for the Final. Would only do so if we could not sell out our allocation but hell will freeze over before that happens.

Hibernian Verse
16-04-2012, 09:16 AM
i'll admit it - before the semi, last game i was at was the 2-0 defeat to the yams at ER when deek was captain and sent off...in my defense, i've been at uni in the weeg since 2009, and am mighty skint...but that game depressed the hell out of me.

...but i was at the semi, and i'll be at hampden again. my cousin (who was back, coincidentally, for the semi) has his flight booked for the final.

...so. own up - who on here's not been back in yonks, but is going to be there for the final?

A lot of people.

FWIW, I go to Uni in Aberdeen, work weekends, still have a ST and manage to get to the big games/a lot of away games.

JeMeSouviens
16-04-2012, 09:33 AM
I am a lapsed Hibby. Gave up my ST in 2009, went to a few games the following season, 3 (I think) last year and none at all this season. Will try and get a ticket but if I don't it's my own fault and can't argue that the diehards who have suffered through this year's eye bleeding torment deserve it more than me.

(Not to say I don't think there's another 90 minutes of eye bleeding torment waiting at Hampden btw.)

SouthEnglandHib
16-04-2012, 10:52 AM
Was last at the St Johnstone game back in Jan, but a 100 quid train or a 10 hour (one way) coach journey is no fun, but will do it for final.

Ryan91
16-04-2012, 11:19 AM
I feel ashamed to say this but I will hopefully be going to the final.

I lost interest around October time before going to a game at the start of November and deciding that I'd seen enough and wanted nothing to do with Hibs (pretty sure we played St. Johnstone took the lead and then lost 2-1, also pretty sure Calderwood was sacked shortly afterwards), of course with victory in the Semi I decided that I would go to the final but will probably not be going to any games at ER for the remainder of the season.

I'm probably not going to get a season ticket next year (even though I'm going to be at Uni here in Edinburgh)

Greendub
16-04-2012, 11:19 AM
I'll openly admit I've not been the biggest supporter in recent years, up until the semi I hadn't been to a hibs game for 13 years, purely because I much preferred getting stoned and hanging out with my mates than going to games.

Over the last year I've been to the nou camp to see barca and Amsterdam for Ajax.

And after the semi, I will be at the final.

Not a Hibernian glory hunter, that's why I religiously follow barca

DH1875
16-04-2012, 11:33 AM
Not trying to be funny or anything but hopefully most of the glory hunters will jump on the Yams band wagon and free up more tickets for us :thumbsup:.

HibeeSince85
16-04-2012, 11:45 AM
I feel for the glory hunters, they have very little chance of getting a ticket unless they have a mate with a ST.

surreyhibbie
16-04-2012, 11:47 AM
Me. Even if I can't get a ticket I will have to be home for the celebrations. Just in case, although to be honest I am bricking it...

iwasthere1972
16-04-2012, 12:53 PM
Can I nominate my brother for this prestigous awards.

He only attends semi and finals but in his defence he travels out in all weathers (snow, rail and gale force winds) to pick up his paper to read the match reports.