PDA

View Full Version : Nirvana: when the luck runs out

ehf
15-04-2012, 10:21 PM
I am old enough to (fondly) remember the 70s and 80s, when we used to routinely whip the Jambos. Since then, they have enjoyed an astonishing run of luck against us: punctuated with a few victories for us, but so many draws where we should have won and losses where we should have drawn (tho, to be fair, a fair few well-deserved drubbings). But overall, the Yams have carried so much luck, it has been baffling. I say this as (a) a former player; (b) a farher wose children have played rugby, football and hockey at a fairly high (inc international) level: and (c) an avid follower of English football as well (Arsenal fan).

The luck the Jambos have had over 20 years is incredible, but I understand it now: it is going to run out on 19 May, big syle: it was always leading up tp this.

We will win this game, and the elusive Scottish Cup. Don't be afraid, this will be our day, the day that will shut the classless, shabby low-lifes up forever!

Spike Mandela
15-04-2012, 10:29 PM
I am old enough to (fondly) remember the 70s and 80s, when we used to routinely whip the Jambos. Since then, they have enjoyed an astonishing run of luck against us: punctuated with a few victories for us, but so many draws where we should have won and losses where we should have drawn (tho, to be fair, a fair few well-deserved drubbings). But overall, the Yams have carried so much luck, it has been baffling. I say this as (a) a former player; (b) a farher wose children have played rugby, football and hockey at a fairly high (inc international) level: and (c) an avid follower of English football as well (Arsenal fan).

The luck the Jambos have had over 20 years is incredible, but I understand it now: it is going to run out on 19 May, big syle: it was always leading up tp this.

We will win this game, and the elusive Scottish Cup. Don't be afraid, this will be our day, the day that will shut the classless, shabby low-lifes up forever!

Can you do the team talk on May 19th ehf?:aok:

proud_and_green
15-04-2012, 10:29 PM

This has occured to me as well. It is karma. We have suffered the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune and put up with them with dignity. But those were tests of our worthiness and now is the time and our reward will be the greatest prize of them all and that reward will be delivered in the presence of our tormentors............It has to be! It will be!

Keep the Faith - Glory Glory

Emerald
15-04-2012, 10:30 PM

I said the same thing to my wife earlier. Its got to come to an end at some stage, it always does. This is the perfect time. How good a story is in the making?

Sammy7nil
15-04-2012, 10:34 PM
Perhaps we will get a pen that was clearly outside the box perhaps they will be denied a stonewaller just like thay got against Rangers in 98 we are due a wee bit luck.

15-04-2012, 10:38 PM
This has occured to me as well. It is karma. We have suffered the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune and put up with them with dignity. But those were tests of our worthiness and now is the time and our reward will be the greatest prize of them all and that reward will be delivered in the presence of our tormentors............It has to be! It will be!

:agree: It just has to be destined that we end our scottish cup curse against THEM!

BELIEVE :flag:

ehf
15-04-2012, 10:41 PM

Exactly: it has always been leading up to this: no other way to explain such outrageous good fortune on their part.

Dashing Bob S
15-04-2012, 10:42 PM
Luck doesn't come into it, more the fact that Tynecastle regimes from Mercer through to Robinson and Romanov have spent way more than their team could ever be expected to generate in income, racking up 40 million quid of debt in the process. If you are outspending your competitors by 3:1 in wages, the chances are that you will win more than you will lose.

The consensus seems to be that this is unsustainable, yet they carry on doing it. If Romanov doesn't pull the plug (or is forced to the collapse of his other businesses) then the collapse of other clubs seems to point to more domestic and european footballing regulation which will reign in this madness.

Seen in that light, Hearts record against Hibs looks less than spectacular.

Lofarl
15-04-2012, 10:50 PM
Mind our wee pal the Vladster has 5 long weeks to fk about with Hearts. That's 5 weeks of Hearts fans sheiting themselves that Vlad might play Football manager cup final edition. 5 long weeks and 2 paydays to hope for. 5 long weeks of oh Christ I hope Black, Scakel, Suso stay fit. 4 weeks until they play Celtic in the last game if the season where Broony will probably kick **** out of half of them.

They have so much to fear. It's fate. We're winning this cup. Dont believe it, know it.

SlickShoes
16-04-2012, 12:05 AM
Mind our wee pal the Vladster has 5 long weeks to fk about with Hearts. That's 5 weeks of Hearts fans sheiting themselves that Vlad might play Football manager cup final edition. 5 long weeks and 2 paydays to hope for. 5 long weeks of oh Christ I hope Black, Scakel, Suso stay fit. 4 weeks until they play Celtic in the last game if the season where Broony will probably kick **** out of half of them.

They have so much to fear. It's fate. We're winning this cup. Dont believe it, know it.

:top marks Can't stop laughing at the bit in bold!