PDA

View Full Version : Right Billy, nane of this divided loyalty pish on Sportscene

hibs0666
15-04-2012, 09:40 PM
Just behave yourself Billy, you're not one of them any more.

HibeeSince85
15-04-2012, 09:55 PM
Shame he never read this before he started speaking.

Sean1875
15-04-2012, 09:57 PM
Never managed to watch Sportscene tonight, did i miss more nostalgic yam pish? :rolleyes:

PatHead
15-04-2012, 09:59 PM
Never managed to watch Sportscene tonight, did i miss more nostalgic yam pish? :rolleyes:

Yip :confused: Says its difficult as he has tainted family members

God Petrie
15-04-2012, 09:59 PM
**** off Beattie. GOC done more than you ever will you no mark.

Yet more classless behaviour from hertz employees.

Wheat Hound
15-04-2012, 10:04 PM

what did the galoot say?

neilmartinrocks
15-04-2012, 10:04 PM
Yip :confused: Says its difficult as he has tainted family members

sounds like a job for.................:hnetinq:

lapsedhibee
15-04-2012, 10:05 PM

Thought his goal celebration was quite good.

neilmartinrocks
15-04-2012, 10:09 PM

wuid have been a sight better if he was already on a booking:greengrin

Dunbar Hibee
15-04-2012, 10:22 PM
wuid have been a sight better if he was already on a booking:greengrin

:agree:

Sean1875
15-04-2012, 10:30 PM

really? personally I think that 'run' thing he does makes him look a right arse. IMO though of course.

Spike Mandela
15-04-2012, 10:38 PM

He did sound to all intents and purposes tonight like the Hearts asst manager tonight. Cannae see him jumping for joy if we win it somehow.

Hibs90
15-04-2012, 10:40 PM
He also nearly said 'I'm a hearts supporter' aswell.:rolleyes:

neilmartinrocks
15-04-2012, 10:44 PM
He did sound to all intents and purposes tonight like the Hearts asst manager tonight. Cannae see him jumping for joy if we win it somehow.

maybe he's only on loan as well:greengrin

Spike Mandela
15-04-2012, 10:48 PM

I'm not suggesting he isn't carrying out his role professionally but he just seems like he's going through the motions with us. I get the impression he feels a bit like a square peg in a round hole at Hibs.

Maybe his subdued outlook on the final will be good for us.

Sammy7nil
15-04-2012, 10:50 PM

Him his wife and his son were all Hibbys

I remeber when Falkirk stuffed Hearts 6 - 0 his wife who I worked with saying it was fantastic.

Billy maybe turned when he went to Hearts but his close family are Hibbys

Bishop Hibee
15-04-2012, 10:55 PM
I actually thought Billy Brown, Beattie and Nevin all came across quite well compared to the usual suspects who can't string two words together. Even Beattie agreed it was never a pen for the yams.

Hibs90
15-04-2012, 11:00 PM
Him his wife and his son were all Hibbys

I remeber when Falkirk stuffed Hearts 6 - 0 his wife who I worked with saying it was fantastic.

Billy maybe turned when he went to Hearts but his close family are Hibbys

I'm not saying he isn't but he still nearly said it regardless :greengrin

hibsbollah
15-04-2012, 11:16 PM
I actually thought Billy Brown, Beattie and Nevin all came across quite well compared to the usual suspects who can't string two words together. Even Beattie agreed it was never a pen for the yams.

Agree. The three of them were good, unbiased and interesting. Beattie saying his pen shouldnt have been awarded was a nice change. And Billy Brown in the dugout is fine with me if its fine with Fenlon...

Halifaxhibby
16-04-2012, 01:30 AM

Am i correct in thinking removing your top is a bookable offence and leaving the pitch is also a bookable offence?, in that case beattie should have been sent off!!, oh i forgot!, he's not leigh griffiths so he can do whatever he wants!!

Would be interesting to see if a player left the pitch after a goal celebration then head butted an opposing player in the chest(ryan magowan against sproule) would he get sent off?

No wonder football referees are such a joke these days, IMHO its no longer a sport its a business, the way the champions league is set up is to make sure the big teams always get thru to the latter stages, no wonder they refuse to introduce video refereeing, god forbid there was a sense of fairness in the game, its all money money money, 20 years from now your only going to have 10 or 12 super clubs in europe and the rest of us will be unable to compete on all levels.

Money is killing the game, its out of control now, someone at fifa with some testicular fortitude should level the playing field so we can see good competition each year. As much as i love to watch barcelona play i'm starting to get sick of the same teams competing at the very top level.

Maybe we should take a leaf out of hearts book and sign a few players on loan outwith our on league, promise them a great wage then forget(ahem) to pay them!!, scholes, lampard and vaz te on loan til the end of the season!!.

Phil D. Rolls
16-04-2012, 10:20 AM
really? personally I think that 'run' thing he does makes him look a right arse. IMO though of course.

I thought Beattie came across as an honest decent bloke. Quite funny as well.

Was his celebration any dafter than one from a player who will now miss the final, and has already been booked for the same thing in the competition?

JeMeSouviens
16-04-2012, 10:25 AM
Agree. The three of them were good, unbiased and interesting. Beattie saying his pen shouldnt have been awarded was a nice change. And Billy Brown in the dugout is fine with me if its fine with Fenlon...

Mostly agreed. Apart from Nevin's cringeworthy fawning over clips of Beattie. His fantastic through ball for Skacel (who to be fair had plenty to do and finished it superbly) was clearly intended for Driver (who was offside) but clipped off a Tic defender's heel. Not exactly the rippling 6 pack you expect when a player whips their top off either.

Quite liked Brown on Ki, as Beattie was trying to say they were more difficult chances than they looked, "let's face it, they were a couple of absolute sitters".

stantonhibby
16-04-2012, 10:37 AM
I thought Beattie came across as an honest decent bloke. Quite funny as well.

Was his celebration any dafter than one from a player who will now miss the final, and has already been booked for the same thing in the competition?

who ??

DH1875
16-04-2012, 10:55 AM
Someone must have hard a word cause as bad as he was he was a lot more cringe worthy on SKY :agree:.

Paisley Hibby
16-04-2012, 11:22 AM
I was more concerned about Brown openly discussing Griffith's weakness - ie pointing out that his performance on Saturday shows what he can do when when he focuses on the game and not the fans. Not exactly a secret but I was surprised at him saying it.

Sudds_1
16-04-2012, 11:33 AM

Having listened to him, I'm now quite sure he actually is. He had plenty opportunities to confirm he was totally commitetd to the Hibs....but hedged again and again. It would have been quite easy for him to say that Hibs are his team now and his sole focus for the final.....

....but he didn't. And that, I think, speaks volumes. :rolleyes:

...as for the Pat Nevin/Beattie love in..........they should go get a room! :wink:

Weir7
16-04-2012, 11:44 AM
Shame he never read this before he started speaking.

Id sack him.

We need 100% positivity and focum from everybody - fans, players, directors etc etc. Don't want to read from players if we win we are legends, monkey off our back all that stuff.

Treat it as normal game and keep it low key. And WHEN we win then we can come out will all that stuff.