PDA

View Full Version : The whole country will be behind Hibs on 19 May

LaMotta
15-04-2012, 08:28 PM
Obviously apart from smelly Jambos themselves and a few weirdos, it is clear that the majority of the country will be willing Hibs on to win at Hampden next month.

People just hate Hearts and a Hibs win would bring a feel good factor across Scotland and to Scottish Football in general.

TornadoHibby
15-04-2012, 08:33 PM
Obviously apart from smelly Jambos themselves and a few weirdos, it is clear that the majority of the country will be willing Hibs on to win at Hampden next month.

People just hate Hearts and a Hibs win would bring a feel good factor across Scotland and to Scottish Football in general.

Discuss! :rolleyes:

SkintHibby
15-04-2012, 08:38 PM

Nonsense. Most people won't care who wins.

Topographic Hibby
15-04-2012, 08:38 PM
..a Hibs win would bring a feel good factor across Scotland....
Good point - can someone get their MSP to ask Alex Salmond to support this as official SNP policy to bring a general feel good, ..er...feeling to the whole country (sans Gorgie).

As an aside, he'll no doubt be there on 19/5. Seeing him handing over the Cup with green ribbons on it through gritted teeth would make my day on so many fronts..!!

SonOfTortolano
15-04-2012, 08:40 PM
Salmond has already said he is looking forward to an all Edinburgh final. Story is in The Scotsman...

Phil D. Rolls
15-04-2012, 08:46 PM

I reckon our story will be worldwide news by the 20th of May. Can't be much like it in world sport. Even the Chicago Cubs pale into insignificance.

LaMotta
15-04-2012, 08:48 PM
Nonsense. Most people won't care who wins.

You really think so?

Having been on the pie and bovril forum earlier, and having discussed this with various others it is clear that followers of other teams favour a Hibernian victory.

Neutrals are genuinely excited about this cup final, and a Hibs victory is what the nation wants.

Renfrew_Hibby
15-04-2012, 08:55 PM
I think we will have a lot of good will from other fans, even many Gers supporters whos instincts would be for a Hearts win.
What i do think is that this match could draw a lot of attention from outwith Scotland as its not the run of the mill rantic v lambs to the slaughter cup final that even has be yawning at the thought of it. The chance to show England and beyond that there is life outside of the old firm and to put a new perspective on Scottish sporting culture. To that end we must do all we can to stop the Glasgow media and the fringe eliments from within both our supports from making this some mini rantic affair.

TrinityHibs
15-04-2012, 08:55 PM
You really think so?

Having been on the pie and bovril forum earlier, and having discussed this with various others it is clear that followers of other teams favour a Hibernian victory.

Neutrals are genuinely excited about this cup final, and a Hibs victory is what the nation wants.

I am the nation and I can confirm I want it. I have also gone under the name of Spartacus and he wants it as well

SkintHibby
15-04-2012, 08:56 PM
You really think so?

I suppose but only for the reason that we are the underdogs.:agree:

Phil D. Rolls
15-04-2012, 09:04 PM
I think we will have a lot of good will from other fans, even many Gers supporters whos instincts would be for a Hearts win.
What i do think is that this match could draw a lot of attention from outwith Scotland as its not the run of the mill rantic v lambs to the slaughter cup final that even has be yawning at the thought of it. The chance to show England and beyond that there is life outside of the old firm and to put a new perspective on Scottish sporting culture. To that end we must do all we can to stop the Glasgow media and the fringe eliments from within both our supports from making this some mini rantic affair.

Very good point, but I suspect that the Rangers Circus will be their whole focus.

Del Boy
15-04-2012, 09:06 PM
The fans of the team who finish 6th in the SPL will want a hearts win as this will get their team into Europe, whereas a Hibs win won't.

HIBERNIAN-0762
15-04-2012, 09:07 PM
Everybody hates hertz, it's common knowledge as far as I know, they are a bunch of cheating, lucky erseholes who in this instance will fall flat on their manky faces.

Green and white ribbons on the cup!

jgl07
15-04-2012, 09:09 PM
The fans of the team who finish 6th in the SPL will want a hearts win as this will get their team into Europe, whereas a Hibs win won't.

Academic as Hearts will not get a European licence for next season?

No audited accounts by the end of March.

Gatecrasher
15-04-2012, 09:10 PM
I dont know if its just my friends but looking through my facebook feed and the Rangers fans are creaming themselves over Hearts beating celtic. I dont care who else wants us to win as long as we do, thats all that matters

Rick Rude
15-04-2012, 09:11 PM

Country? Surely you mean the World?!

NOLA
15-04-2012, 09:12 PM
i'd guess most neutrals will be wanting us to win

MWHIBBIES
15-04-2012, 09:20 PM
Talking to a few Aberdeen fans earlier who said they and a lot of other Aberdeen fans would be backing Hibs and wouldn't want those manky maroon fuds to win anything.

LaMotta
15-04-2012, 09:23 PM
Country? Surely you mean the World?!

:agree:

Liam89
15-04-2012, 09:29 PM
St Johnstone fans want them to win, that way they'll get into Europe.

HKhibby
15-04-2012, 09:29 PM

Totally right with everything you say about life outside the old firm! the thing is part of it and lets not kid ourselves is, celtic have proved they are beatable on the day, can play mediocre football at times if you ask me, look at kilmarnock beating them in league cup final!, also they have already won the league and guarenteed European football next season, they are a shade of the celtic team that beat us in the 2001 cup final!, Rangers on the other hand are in administration which has alot to do with them not progressing in other competitions, never mind the league...although still 2nd!, hearts are really an average spl club with no ambition just survival and hoping they dont go into administration too and can be beaten by alot of teams!!....but would still say one thing, i would have rather had celtic in the final

snooky
15-04-2012, 09:32 PM
You know what, win or lose in the final I hope we do it with a bit of class on and off the field.
Let's show the OF, and the world for that matter, what rivalry is like without the bile.
I hope the day comes and goes in the true spirit of the beautiful game.
Och, I've gone too far and am about to be sick.

Seriously though, let's make it a showpiece final.

GGTTH
:flag:

HKhibby
15-04-2012, 09:34 PM
Academic as Hearts will not get a European licence for next season?

No audited accounts by the end of March.

hope youre right on that one!, i really dont know if thats the case, sorry not being sarcastic or anything, but would have rather had celtic in the final!

frazeHFC
15-04-2012, 09:37 PM
The Aberdeen fans hope we thump Hearts!

Come on Hibs in the final as I hate Hearts as much as the OF I think.
Hopefully Hibs can now (finally) get this Scottish cup monkey off their backs & who better to do this against than Hearts?

I will be supporting Hibs in this & may even go to the game (possibly)

Well done Hearts - fantastic.

And now I hope Hibs stuff you in the final!

Great result for Scottish football in general.

Hope Hibs ****ing smash Hearts though.

IberianHibernian
15-04-2012, 10:46 PM
Apart from odd foreign reporter looking for something new and reporters from whichever TV companies will cover the match don`t think this match will attract any more interest than say yesterday`s Portuguese League Cup final or numerous national cup finals which take place all over Europe in May . Hearts have never been well - known outside Scotland and though we were quite well - known 25 years ago , our lack of success in Europe since then has relegated us to their level .

Mixu62
16-04-2012, 09:01 AM
Apart from odd foreign reporter looking for something new and reporters from whichever TV companies will cover the match don`t think this match will attract any more interest than say yesterday`s Portuguese League Cup final or numerous national cup finals which take place all over Europe in May . Hearts have never been well - known outside Scotland and though we were quite well - known 25 years ago , our lack of success in Europe since then has relegated us to their level .

Sadly that's very true. Even in a country like NZ where every second person has a Scottish Granny/Grandad, nobody gives a s**t. The only reason the semi got any coverage here was cos of Fallon scoring. they showed his goal on the news and that was it.