PDA

View Full Version : our midfield

noz
15-04-2012, 07:37 PM
dont mean to be negative considering were in the final, but we really need to sort our MF out.

soares: poor, maybe not his position wide right?
claros: headless chicken
oz: held the mf together, great game
sproule: pretty poor was expecting more

happy with defence and attack, but MF is key.

StarMan10
15-04-2012, 07:44 PM
dont mean to be negative considering were in the final, but we really need to sort our MF out.

soares: poor, maybe not his position wide right?
claros: headless chicken
oz: held the mf together, great game
sproule: pretty poor was expecting more

happy with defence and attack, but MF is key.

Think the style of the game yesterday was a big contributor to this. Osbourne was class. Claros didnt really seem to have a grip of the game so will be glad to get stevenson back for the final but although quiet going forward thought both sproule and soares were decent tracking back although soares quite noticeably tired throughout the game. Sproule didnt play poorly he just didnt do what was expected by the fans in terms of getting in behind like against Killie in 2007 but i thought he played well in all other aspects.

Greendub
15-04-2012, 07:45 PM
Soares was dissapointing, as was sproule. He could have used his pace to excellent effect.

But who cares GGTTH!!

Part/Time Supporter
15-04-2012, 07:52 PM
I would be tempted to go 4-2-3-1 in the final

O'Connor

Griffiths - Wotherspoon - Sproule

Stevenson - Osbourne

Kujabi - Hanlon - McPake - Doherty

Yams always play some variety of 1 up front so orthodox 4-4-2 would give them an extra man in midfield.

Dinkydoo
15-04-2012, 08:39 PM
Thought Sproule, Soares and Claros were poor throughout.

Claros seemed to be getting his foot on the ball more in the second half but I think he was only involved in two passing moves where we weren't immediately dispossessed.

Sproule was slow, stood off his man every time Aberdeen were on the attack and generally looked like he lacked confidence.

Soares was as anonymous as usual.

Big improvement needed for the Final!

I'd start Wotherspoon and Stevenson ahead of Claros and Soares.