PDA

View Full Version : Garry O'Connor

LancashireHibby
15-04-2012, 06:53 PM
A little late in the day, I know, and apologies if already mentioned but thought I'd just stick a post on to praise O'Connor's work ethic yesterday. I've been a critic of him at times this year when he's looked overweight and disinterested, but the reported extra hours certainly seem to have made a big difference. He looked a lot leaner yesterday and worked his nads off, absolutely terrific effort. If it weren't for the class of McPake then he'd have been my MOM.

Elephant Stone
15-04-2012, 06:59 PM
Spot on. He looked much more like the player he was at the beginning of the season, took his goal brilliantly and set up Leigh for the winner with a great through ball. How he plays in the final will have a massive impact on our chances, IMO.

Twiglet
15-04-2012, 07:07 PM
Yup, thought he played well yesterday. He's having a good end to the season, hopefully he'll finish it off with a brilliant cup final performance.

Anyone watched his interview on Hibs TV? Totally up for the fight. It's on the Hibs youtube channel, http://www.youtube.com/user/HibernianTV watch it to the end, don't want to say what he says but made me laugh anyway. Thing is, now he's said it, should we hold him to it?

hibee_girl
15-04-2012, 07:13 PM
Thought it was his best game this season, he did fantastically well yesterday. Unexpected given the past few months but delighted to see it :thumbsup:

scoopyboy
15-04-2012, 07:13 PM
When is he up in court?

Would hate to think he will miss the final cos he's banged up.

The judge did admit he was a jambo.

hibee_girl
15-04-2012, 07:14 PM
When is he up in court?

STV news site has the trial starting on the 13th May, even though that's a Sunday.

Pretty Boy
15-04-2012, 07:14 PM
If he can play like that every week he'd be up there with McPake in terms of players I'd love to see sign on next season.

silverhibee
15-04-2012, 08:06 PM
Spot on. He looked much more like the player he was at the beginning of the season, took his goal brilliantly and set up Leigh for the winner with a great through ball. How he plays in the final will have a massive impact on our chances, IMO.

That's if he is still with us for the final. :wink:

Viva_Palmeiras
15-04-2012, 08:09 PM
This'll be the trial (he's got two ain't he?) where the JUDGE declared himself a Jambo ST holder?

Case adjourned shirley ?!

HibbyAndy
15-04-2012, 08:09 PM
That's if he is still with us for the final. :wink:

Yes he will 100%.

Jonnyboy
15-04-2012, 08:14 PM
Yup, thought he played well yesterday. He's having a good end to the season, hopefully he'll finish it off with a brilliant cup final performance.

Anyone watched his interview on Hibs TV? Totally up for the fight. It's on the Hibs youtube channel, http://www.youtube.com/user/HibernianTV watch it to the end, don't want to say what he says but made me laugh anyway. Thing is, now he's said it, should we hold him to it?

Oooer :greengrin

silverhibee
15-04-2012, 08:34 PM
When is he up in court?

What court case is up first, think its the drug one, may be wrong here Scoops but was that not the judge for the fraud case that said he was a yam, i do think that Gaz and his legal team have done a great job getting his cases put back for as long as they have, he could have had these matters dealt with during the season but as you say there is a chance he may find himself in the pokey and had he been jailed through the season it would have been no football all season for him, has he and his legal team tried to get the court cases put of to May in the hope that if he did get jail time it would be done over the football players holiday time or at the end of the season and they didn't count in that Hibs could make a final at the end of May, and if found guilty and got a cheeky wee prison sentence he would be back out in time for for the start of the new season, he will be a free agent after all come the end of May.

It is a worry, as we need him with him starting to hit form again.

Jonnyboy
15-04-2012, 08:39 PM
What court case is up first, think its the drug one, may be wrong here Scoops but was that not the judge for the fraud case that said he was a yam, i do think that Gaz and his legal team have done a great job getting his cases put back for as long as they have, he could have had these matters dealt with during the season but as you say there is a chance he may find himself in the pokey and had he been jailed through the season it would have been no football all season for him, has he and his legal team tried to get the court cases put of to May in the hope that if he did get jail time it would be done over the football players holiday time or at the end of the season and they didn't count in that Hibs could make a final at the end of May, and if found guilty and got a cheeky wee prison sentence he would be back out in time for for the start of the new season, he will be a free agent after all come the end of May.

It is a worry, as we need him with him starting to hit form again.

Wish he was being tried in England. After all, thanks to the legal system down there John Terry can concentrate on his job until they get bumped out of the Euro's

truehibernian
15-04-2012, 08:43 PM
Even if convicted, my guess would be a decision of sentence deferred for background reports, with his legal agent arguing his client will qualify for bail as he has an upcoming matter of a cup final which means he won't skip the country ;-)

Viva_Palmeiras
15-04-2012, 08:49 PM
Only one word required from the legal team on the drugs case...

Pete Doherty x x
-

Case dismissed :)

Ps. Appreciate Scots v English legal systems