PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else NOT able to make the Final?

Jamesie
15-04-2012, 06:30 PM
Back in the deepest depths of the Calderwood winter I decided to cheer myself up a bit and book an overland trip in Africa - Victoria Falls to Nairobi - for May time. Managed to negotiate three weeks off work (unusual in itself), camping and overland trucks all the way, great time to be had.

The fact I was due to leave on this trip on 11 May didn't seem to be at all problematic for me. There were times at Central Park where I thought a giant killing was on the cards and likely to end our cup ambitions at the outset. When we drew Kilmarnock in the 5th Round I thought our Cup dream could well be over. Ayr United - well we made sure we'd rid ourselves of that particular Cup monkey.

Yesterday changed all that and today has put us in a position few could possibly have even dreamed of at the turn of the year. This isn't once-in-a-generation - it's once in two-and-a-half lifetimes. Not to be there doesn't seem like an option. But flying back for the weekend half way through the trip costs near enough more than the total value of the trip and flights I've already booked, and even cancelling the whole trip would leave me out of pocket to some degree; I'm travelling solo therefore it's my own decision and nobody else would be affected if I scrap it.

Of course the minute I booked I should have known Hibs were guaranteed a Cup final slot against Hearts :greengrin A very difficult dilemma and one that is going to cause me a great degree of turmoil over the next few days I think! Anyone got any contacts in any airline servicing Malawi who can arrange "compassionate" fares?! :wink:

SteveHFC
15-04-2012, 06:31 PM
Just cancel the holiday :greengrin

ancient hibee
15-04-2012, 06:34 PM
I'm in the U.S.However as I've been at all the losing finals from 1958 onwards perhaps it's been my fault and this could be the year.Land at Edinburgh around seven o'clock just in time for the open top bus-it better be covered in green.

CropleyWasGod
15-04-2012, 06:38 PM
I'm in the U.S.However as I've been at all the losing finals from 1958 onwards perhaps it's been my fault and this could be the year.Land at Edinburgh around seven o'clock just in time for the open top bus-it better be covered in green.

Ahhh, oh Ancient One. You are indeed the jinx. It is written in the stars that, where there is mention of the op*n-t*pp*d b*s, the Hibees shall verily be humped.

I hope you feel satisfied with yourself. I am grateful, however, as it will save me the cost of a ticket.

Andy74
15-04-2012, 06:42 PM
Back in the deepest depths of the Calderwood winter I decided to cheer myself up a bit and book an overland trip in Africa - Victoria Falls to Nairobi - for May time. Managed to negotiate three weeks off work (unusual in itself), camping and overland trucks all the way, great time to be had.

The fact I was due to leave on this trip on 11 May didn't seem to be at all problematic for me. There were times at Central Park where I thought a giant killing was on the cards and likely to end our cup ambitions at the outset. When we drew Kilmarnock in the 5th Round I thought our Cup dream could well be over. Ayr United - well we made sure we'd rid ourselves of that particular Cup monkey.

Yesterday changed all that and today has put us in a position few could possibly have even dreamed of at the turn of the year. This isn't once-in-a-generation - it's once in two-and-a-half lifetimes. Not to be there doesn't seem like an option. But flying back for the weekend half way through the trip costs near enough more than the total value of the trip and flights I've already booked, and even cancelling the whole trip would leave me out of pocket to some degree; I'm travelling solo therefore it's my own decision and nobody else would be affected if I scrap it.

Of course the minute I booked I should have known Hibs were guaranteed a Cup final slot against Hearts :greengrin A very difficult dilemma and one that is going to cause me a great degree of turmoil over the next few days I think! Anyone got any contacts in any airline servicing Malawi who can arrange "compassionate" fares?! :wink:

Yep. Three weeks away also booked when it looked very unlikely we would ever win a game again. Cancelling not an option unless I want to wave away about 8k and my family.

Tha Cabbage Kid
15-04-2012, 06:43 PM
I live in warsaw and would normally have been over to see the final but. due to the wife giving birth around this time there is no possibility of me making it. so im depending on everyone else getting photos and films so i can enjoy it too.

CropleyWasGod
15-04-2012, 06:43 PM
Yep. Three weeks away also booked when it looked very unlikely we would ever win a game again. Cancelling not an option unless I want to wave away about 8k and my family.

:confused:

***** part-timer.

LTYF

Aldo
15-04-2012, 06:46 PM
In Egypt for family holiday. Mare but hopefully find a telly somewhere??

Spike Mandela
15-04-2012, 06:57 PM
I started a new job late last year which works a kind of 5 week shift cycle and I have no holidays to use this year. There is a long weekend off in each cycle and the semi has just fallen in one and yes the date of the Final is smack bang in the middle of my next long weekend off.

No holidays required, no cover required just falls into place perfectly. Sorry to rub it in guys.:greengrin

Tis written in the stars.

SkintHibby
15-04-2012, 06:58 PM
I live in warsaw and would normally have been over to see the final but. due to the wife giving birth around this time there is no possibility of me making it. so im depending on everyone else getting photos and films so i can enjoy it too.

You're in Warsaw and it seems like the rest of Poland is here!:wink:

One Day Soon
15-04-2012, 06:59 PM
Tough choices. But:

If Hibernian defeat Hearts in the Scottish Cup Final on 19th May - ending a 110 year hoodoo - and you are not there to see it you will regret it, literally, for the rest of your lives.

This is the stuff that legends are made of.

Jamesie
15-04-2012, 07:03 PM
Tough choices. But:

If Hibernian defeat Hearts in the Scottish Cup Final on 19th May - ending a 110 year hoodoo - and you are not there to see it you will regret it, literally, for the rest of your lives.

Just made a few calls and I'll lose £800 if I cancel my trip, the opportunity for which doesn't come around that often - but then again I would need some extra annual leave for the Europa League group stages I suppose! Really don't know what to do here and think I'll have to sleep on it and make a decision sometime next week - the only saving grace is that I have Sky Go and the camp site I'll be staying at has wifi for £0.05 per minute!

I was away backpacking in 2004 and agonised over whether to cut short my trip and come home from Australia for the League Cup Final - was relieved I didn't, but then again League Cup Finals come around a lot more frequently than this.

Reaper
15-04-2012, 07:04 PM
If I can't get a ticket I'll not be able to make it :confused:

ST holder for 11 years and gave it up last year (For monetary reasons) then in true Hibs style they deliver this! A ticket stub type divvy up for the tickets will see me awrite, if no I could be screwed and might book a trip away cos I couldn't handle not being at the game!

Incidentally and actually getting to the point, I'd go on the Holiday if it was already booked!

Emerald
15-04-2012, 07:18 PM
I'm in Florida for three weeks, home on 25th. My son of 21 is still going and it will be the first time I've not been to Hampden with him. I am absolutely gutted I'm going to miss it but I'll be sitting right next to him in spirit. However, I cant remember the last time I was at a game when Hibs beat Hearts. Although I've got a season ticket I always manage to miss the wins, last one I was in Lanzarote when Fletcher scored!

I've looked at flight prices to fly home for the weekend but my son has pointed out that if I do come home, they will get beat (probably true). So I stay in Florida, watch it on the laptop outside on the patio at the villa with a fridge full of beer. If they win I will be gutted I missed it but if they loose I cant think of a better place to be. I dont think I could stand the tension anyway, I'm already on tabs for blood pressure. Its going to be a horrible time during the build up though. I think I'll get a ticket just in case. Sods law. :flag:

SlickShoes
15-04-2012, 07:20 PM
Just made a few calls and I'll lose £800 if I cancel my trip, the opportunity for which doesn't come around that often - but then again I would need some extra annual leave for the Europa League group stages I suppose! Really don't know what to do here and think I'll have to sleep on it and make a decision sometime next week - the only saving grace is that I have Sky Go and the camp site I'll be staying at has wifi for £0.05 per minute!

I was away backpacking in 2004 and agonised over whether to cut short my trip and come home from Australia for the League Cup Final - was relieved I didn't, but then again League Cup Finals come around a lot more frequently than this.

You have to look at the flip side of us winning the cup. If you cancel the trip of a lifetime just to see hibs lose to hearts in the final, well that would push me towards suicide, go on holiday and enjoy it, not many people get a trip like that even once!

Sir David Gray
15-04-2012, 07:25 PM
I wasn't able to make the semi yesterday, which was bad enough.

There's almost nothing that will prevent me from attending Hampden on the 19th May. Anything I had planned would be getting ditched - holidays, weddings, work...everything!

Bring on the Jambos! :aok:

The_Todd
15-04-2012, 07:27 PM
I'm glad all you regulars and ST holders are away, gives us non ST holders more chance with the public sale :na na:

The_Todd
15-04-2012, 07:28 PM
I wasn't able to make the semi yesterday, which was bad enough.

There's almost nothing that will prevent me from attending Hampden on the 19th May. Anything I had planned would be getting ditched - holidays, weddings, work...everything!

Bring on the Jambos! :aok:

Wow, you had a busy day planned on the 19th!

One Day Soon
15-04-2012, 07:30 PM
With respect, you can book these trips any time you like providing you have the cash and the holiday time.

You have no choice whatsoever as to how often we face Hearts in a Scottish Cup Final and certainly not one with a 110 year ache at stake.

We all have friends and relatives who lived and died without seeing us win this thing. We may finally do it and against Hearts. This is once in a lifetime stuff.

Just saying.

Jamesie
15-04-2012, 07:34 PM
With respect, you can book these trips any time you like providing you have the cash and the holiday time.

You're absolutely right. This time worked for various reasons for me in my job and it wouldn't have been possible for me to book it any later and I wanted to miss as little of the regular season as possible; just a pity I didn't have a bit more belief at the time of booking when it came to the Scottish Cup this year!

Sir David Gray
15-04-2012, 07:35 PM
Wow, you had a busy day planned on the 19th!

:greengrin And that was just the morning!

You want to see what I had in store for the afternoon! :wink:

Onion
15-04-2012, 07:39 PM
Also in Florida. Would cost £££ to get back so I'm stuffed. First cup final I've missed since 72. It's a lose lose situation. I'm gutted.

Any Hibby Sports bars around Orlando ?

Tha Cabbage Kid
15-04-2012, 07:41 PM
You're in Warsaw and it seems like the rest of Poland is here!:wink:

that doesnt seem strange because where i stay is very quiet :wink:

they need someone here to keep the place going

Emerald
15-04-2012, 07:42 PM
Also in Florida. Would cost £££ to get back so I'm stuffed. First cup final I've missed since 72. It's a lose lose situation. I'm gutted.

Any Hibby Sports bars around Orlando ?

We could always share a taxi back :greengrin

lucky
15-04-2012, 07:44 PM
Its an easy choice. Hibs at Hampden against Hearts wins every time. Holidays are holidays but a cup final win against them is not something that happens very often. Hibs winning the Scottish cup is and has been our holy grail for 110 years. This game is the biggest in the two clubs History.

Keith_M
15-04-2012, 07:47 PM

I'm sorry, but that is a pretty pathetic excuse. Get your priorities right!!!!

Maybe if you ask nicely the nice doctors would induce her a couple of weeks early :wink:

Anyway, I've re-arranged the flights I had booked for coming over for the semi-final and I'm now booked for the weekend of the 19th. No guarantee of a ticket so I'll be begging everybody I know to get me one.

puff the dragon
15-04-2012, 08:36 PM
Season Ticket holder so guaranteed a ticket.

Whether I go or not depends on the rugby in 2 weeks time as if Edinburgh beat Ulster in 2 weeks the SC final clashes with the Heineken Cup final. Euro cup final trumps national cup final so i'll need to go to that instead so it's a shame these fall on the same day.

CallumLaidlaw
15-04-2012, 08:46 PM

Skygo only works in the uk Jamesie :agree:

Bristolhibby
15-04-2012, 08:47 PM

Whether I go or not depends on the rugby in 2 weeks time as if Edinburgh beat Ulster in 2 weeks the SC final clashes with the Heineken Cup final. Euro cup final trumps national cup final so i'll need to go to that instead so it's a shame these fall on the same day.

Whhhhhhaaaaaaattttttttt?!?!?!?!?!?

Surely a wind up?

J

Titch
15-04-2012, 08:47 PM

Hahahahaha good one:na na:

TrinityHibs
15-04-2012, 08:51 PM
In Madeira. First holiday without the kids. To not go would be first football match without a wife. Just renewed the ST as well. Worst case will be watching the final on the phone. I will console myself with excess drink while I am there and a dvd of the full root toot when I get back. This is why I love Hibs.

jgl07
15-04-2012, 08:52 PM

Part timer!

These things only come around every 110 years.

CallumLaidlaw
15-04-2012, 08:54 PM
What annoys me is on Facebook I have already read comments from friends of friends saying that they "might go to the final for a day out in Glasgow" went on to say they'd be going for the banter, would be their first footie match and they wouldn't be interested in the score. Another saying they haven't been to a game all season as they've lost interest in hibs and don't even look at Scottish results now, but fancy going to the match for "the banter".

Normally I'd say the more the merrier. But when people might struggle for cup final tickets as they lose out to the above examples it grates on me

scoopyboy
15-04-2012, 08:54 PM
Tough choices. But:

I will be there but if someone could guarantee me that Hibs will win if I didn't attend I would gladly miss it.

I could live with that happily for the rest of my days.

I would like to think someone would get me a programme though:greengrin

Hermit Crab
15-04-2012, 08:59 PM
I'm glad all you regulars and ST holders are away, gives us non ST holders more chance with the public sale :na na:

Who says there will be a public sale ;-)

jgl07
15-04-2012, 09:04 PM
Who says there will be a public sale ;-)

Indeed.

I suspect that Petrie will try to avoid a public sale to push season ticket sales for next year.

Twa Cairpets
15-04-2012, 09:04 PM

You're having a laugh right?
Euro trumps national but before that football trumps rugby.

Eyrie
15-04-2012, 09:36 PM
You're having a laugh right?
Euro trumps national but before that football trumps rugby.
Some people like both.

NYHibby
15-04-2012, 09:48 PM
I have been to all of the cup games so far this year, but I will be missing the final. My parents are flying in from America to visit me and I have agreed to go down to London that weekend to meet them before traveling back to Scotland with them.

We are on a 4:30 East Coast train so I hope we wrap the game up early.

If anyone knows anywhere good to watch the game near Kings Cross, I am looking for suggestions.

Don Giovanni
15-04-2012, 09:57 PM
I'll be struggling to make it.

Provided there are no hold ups I should be touching down at Turnhouse about 13:30. I'll have to abandon the burd wi the luggage and hoof it out the front door to the taxi rank and hope that the M8 is reasonably clear. Fingers crossed!!

By the way, any ideas how much a black cab is likely to set me back (Edinburgh Airport to Hampden) ?

SJNB Hibby
15-04-2012, 10:13 PM
O vacation, riverboat cruise..Paris,Arles, Barcelona.....but, I live in Canada, all of a sudden head offiice needs me in GLASGOw!! may 16-17...dear God in Heaven

Hibernian Verse
15-04-2012, 10:17 PM
I work part time in a restaurant and work weekends. Took 3 weeks off for Easter expecting to not have to get another holiday until summer which the boss was cool with. Now the only way he's going to let me get it off is if I work full time in Aberdeen for 4/8 summer weeks instead of the previously agreed 3 days.

Full time it is then!

neilmartinrocks
15-04-2012, 10:26 PM
expecting to get final written for yesterday so i will be looking for a new job on 21st may:na na:

WellingtonHibby
15-04-2012, 11:06 PM
Trying to rearrange flights back a week early from Melbourne. I get the feeling I would regret it forever if I missed it and we won. ..

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-04-2012, 11:33 PM
I have been to all of the cup games so far this year, but I will be missing the final. My parents are flying in from America to visit me and I have agreed to go down to London that weekend to meet them before traveling back to Scotland with them.

We are on a 4:30 East Coast train so I hope we wrap the game up early.

If anyone knows anywhere good to watch the game near Kings Cross, I am looking for suggestions.

Quinns in Camden is the meeting place for London Hibs SC, there might not be many there that day though!

Failing that, Millers on Caledonian Road is good for the football.

Iain G
15-04-2012, 11:50 PM
Trying to rearrange flights back a week early from Melbourne. I get the feeling I would regret it forever if I missed it and we won. ..

Melbourne is a fab place on the other hand ;)

I won't be there, it's one of those things you write off when you move to this side of the earth, more worryingly is how I'm gonna watch the game apart from on my laptop!?!

reservoir hibee
16-04-2012, 12:11 AM

I won't be there, it's one of those things you write off when you move to this side of the earth, more worryingly is how I'm gonna watch the game apart from on my laptop!?!

surely it will be on sky/espn or something??????????/

we managed to get it set up in a pub up here in auckie with an hdmi and a cable runnign through to the internet cafe next door from my laptop onto a decent size screen but the stream was not so great!!!

gotta be on the telly........shoorly!

The Green Goblin
16-04-2012, 01:27 AM
I must admit I am still in two minds about coming back.

Flight would be 1 - 1.2k and due to work I would have to fly over for the weekend and be back at work on Monday morning.

12000 mile round trip.

One minute I think it's "once in a lifetime" and "i would always regret it if we won" and "i always said i would go back for it if it ever happened no matter what" and the next I am thinking "Don't be stupid, it's a ridiculous idea" and "i can get a group of folks together to watch it on a big screen somewhere" and "i simply can't justify spending that much money on it when I don't have it to spend".

I am torn. And forgive me, but it's encouraging to read that not every hibee in the world will be there on the day. I have this fear like if I don't go, I would be the only one.

The Green Goblin
16-04-2012, 01:29 AM

You are right about that. You come to accept the possibility of it. Funny though, I have supported Hibs all my life and have never seen them win a cup final. Last league cup win was one year after I came here and now this one's in doubt.

GG

Mixu62
16-04-2012, 01:31 AM
surely it will be on sky/espn or something??????????/

we managed to get it set up in a pub up here in auckie with an hdmi and a cable runnign through to the internet cafe next door from my laptop onto a decent size screen but the stream was not so great!!!

gotta be on the telly........shoorly!

Hope it's on telly! I used up all my annual leave for a trip home in Feb so no chance of making it back again. Was good to see the game in the pub, but we discovered that the one thing more frustrating than watching Hibs is watching Hibs on a live stream! Better than not seeing it at all though. And the strange looks we got from the Liverpool and Everton fans when Griffiths scored!! Priceless.:greengrin

blindsummit
16-04-2012, 01:52 AM
Yep, I'm afraid I won't be coming back for the final, as I have a holiday already booked. And every time I have been to a final we have lost. So I'm not prepared to jinx this one.

cabbageandribs1875
16-04-2012, 01:52 AM

as much as i would like to see Edinburgh progress, i think the 50+ point mauling they took from Leinster y/day brought them right back down to earth with a huge big bang :( mind you though it's the cup i guess, and ulster are only 30 points ahead of Edinburgh in the league :(

Steve-O
16-04-2012, 01:56 AM
GG, I have been having similar thoughts to you from the very minute I seen the Hearts score earlier today. I am actually stressing myself out thinking about it constantly! It would cost me about $4000 NZD (2000+ quid) to do it, and I'd have to almost beg to get off work (no guarantee as I'm not long back from UK at xmas time and was off on holiday just 2 weeks ago), plus I am not even guaranteed a ticket! Imagine the journey home after a defeat? Not to mention the months ahead paying off the debt incurred to make the trip...Don't get me wrong though, I am GUTTED that the chances of my being there are getting slimmer by the minute.

NEW ZEALAND FANS - There is NOT A CHANCE it will be on here on TV. I have been here 4 years and they have not shown a single Scottish game in that entire time. It will not happen. Failing a Lotto win, my mates and I are now planning to head to Australia to meet up with some Aussies Hibbies and at least watch on TV, in a pub (pending Setanta confirmation it'll be on, which SURELY it will be).

AUSTRALIAN FANS - What's the plan?? We are up for Melbourne or Sydney. Where are most people going to be?

steviek
16-04-2012, 03:07 AM
I will not be able to get to the match as i live in Cyprus and flying back to Scotland for good on the 1st July after 5years. but the game will be on TV though

Iain G
16-04-2012, 04:08 AM
GG, I have been having similar thoughts to you from the very minute I seen the Hearts score earlier today. I am actually stressing myself out thinking about it constantly! It would cost me about $4000 NZD (2000+ quid) to do it, and I'd have to almost beg to get off work (no guarantee as I'm not long back from UK at xmas time and was off on holiday just 2 weeks ago), plus I am not even guaranteed a ticket! Imagine the journey home after a defeat? Not to mention the months ahead paying off the debt incurred to make the trip...Don't get me wrong though, I am GUTTED that the chances of my being there are getting slimmer by the minute.

NEW ZEALAND FANS - There is NOT A CHANCE it will be on here on TV. I have been here 4 years and they have not shown a single Scottish game in that entire time. It will not happen. Failing a Lotto win, my mates and I are now planning to head to Australia to meet up with some Aussies Hibbies and at least watch on TV, in a pub (pending Setanta confirmation it'll be on, which SURELY it will be).

AUSTRALIAN FANS - What's the plan?? We are up for Melbourne or Sydney. Where are most people going to be?

I'm in Aussie the week before too, good timing huh, damned friends badly timed wedding :wink:

Will deal with this like I did the semi-final, dodgy net connection with an Arabic commentary team, come on Garry Okoonoor and Matt Dorety...! :greengrin

WellingtonHibby
16-04-2012, 04:29 AM

If I end up staying in Melbourne for it. I'm happy to organise booking out a pub and putting a bit of an event on and make a day / weekend of it. There will be a few boozers who provide to us a room and big TV. Might be back am adventure for the Sydney boys too.

Viva_Palmeiras
16-04-2012, 04:53 AM
You're absolutely right. This time worked for various reasons for me in my job and it wouldn't have been possible for me to book it any later and I wanted to miss as little of the regular season as possible; just a pity I didn't have a bit more belief at the time of booking when it came to the Scottish Cup this year!
jamsie you can have it all come back for the SC then return to you trip job done.
Cost ? Well as long as it's cheaper than cancelling the trip makes sense and if you ain't got the money stick it on a card - after all what price as you say once in a lifetime SC final winner takes all versus hearts ?

Lucius Apuleius
16-04-2012, 05:08 AM
I come back to Naija the Tuesday before it. Cannot change as it would impact all my ex-pat managers as they would all have to change their rotations as well. Probably for the best. As with a few above, I have never seen us win any cup. Seen us lose plenty though. Younger son will be in Florida, elder son will be home from Norn Iron.

Mixu62
16-04-2012, 08:39 AM
[QUOTE=Steve-O;3182742]GG, I have been having similar thoughts to you from the very minute I seen the Hearts score earlier today. I am actually stressing myself out thinking about it constantly! It would cost me about $4000 NZD (2000+ quid) to do it, and I'd have to almost beg to get off work (no guarantee as I'm not long back from UK at xmas time and was off on holiday just 2 weeks ago), plus I am not even guaranteed a ticket! Imagine the journey home after a defeat? Not to mention the months ahead paying off the debt incurred to make the trip...Don't get me wrong though, I am GUTTED that the chances of my being there are getting slimmer by the minute.

I was actually thinking about that! Can't decide between Sydney and Melbourne though. Which is better for an all-nighter and which has more Hibbies?!:party:

puff the dragon
16-04-2012, 10:32 AM
Whhhhhhaaaaaaattttttttt?!?!?!?!?!?

Surely a wind up?

J

Aye - it was a wind up. I'll no be missing this - far too important. While I have hated Hibs for the majority of this season they have won me back again (they always do).

The rugby cup final for me will be the trip to Dublin.

Let's end Hearts forever!

Steve-O
16-04-2012, 10:47 AM
[QUOTE=Steve-O;3182742]GG, I have been having similar thoughts to you from the very minute I seen the Hearts score earlier today. I am actually stressing myself out thinking about it constantly! It would cost me about $4000 NZD (2000+ quid) to do it, and I'd have to almost beg to get off work (no guarantee as I'm not long back from UK at xmas time and was off on holiday just 2 weeks ago), plus I am not even guaranteed a ticket! Imagine the journey home after a defeat? Not to mention the months ahead paying off the debt incurred to make the trip...Don't get me wrong though, I am GUTTED that the chances of my being there are getting slimmer by the minute.

I was actually thinking about that! Can't decide between Sydney and Melbourne though. Which is better for an all-nighter and which has more Hibbies?!:party:

Sydney appears to be the early favourite but relying on our Aussie chums to sort it out for us...hopefully quickly so we can get booked up!

Jamesie
17-04-2012, 11:36 PM
I've cracked. Holiday moved back by two weeks, leaving on 25th May as opposed to 13th May. Makes this game by far the most expensive football match I've ever attended mind you! :greengrin

The Green Goblin
18-04-2012, 12:45 AM
Steve-O, I feel for you mate, but I think you are doing the next best thing, which is finding a way to see the game with other Hibees - win or lose together, you know? At least you'll be with other folks who understand, whatever the result.

If we win and I am here in Brazil, it will be with nobody else who will even remotely understand, which will just make it almost as bad as not being there. I don't know if I could stand that, actually.

So, having slept on it for a day or two, I am now thinking of getting a flight, but am just waiting to see the ticket arrangements first. If ST holders get 2 each, my brother (a season ticket holder) will get me his "2nd" one and I will get the flight. It's that simple really.

But good luck to all of you, whatever your plans. :flag:

stirwill
18-04-2012, 05:46 AM
Over from West Aussie for a family holiday that conveniently coincided with the semi-final. No danger I will be able to afford to come over again for the final but it will be a belter of a night in Perth

Exiled Hibby
18-04-2012, 08:58 AM
We could always share a taxi back :greengrin

Any room for another one. I am also in Orlando at that time. If anyone can find a bar showing it then we could have our own mini-hampden :flag:

Emerald
18-04-2012, 11:59 AM
Any room for another one. I am also in Orlando at that time. If anyone can find a bar showing it then we could have our own mini-hampden :flag:

Well, I've cracked too. Re booked holiday to get back before the final at a cost of £600. Its lucky its only the wife and I going this year because if like last year, the kids and their partners were coming with us, it wouldn't have been possible. This has tortured me over the last few days but I just couldn't live with myself if I missed being with my son at Hampden when Hibs beat Hearts to win the cup.

Not taking any uberfan status here coz I've only done it because I could. There was a way out for me with the ticket I booked. The overall cost taking everything into account is a lot less than £600, (I'm not going for as long as my original dates) so I had an option. Others who are with their kids, other family and friends with no option to change are stuck. You may be in the best place come the evening of Saturday 19th though, to celebrate that is.

I was hoping that when I phoned to change the booking, they told me it wasn't possible. At least that way I wouldn't have had to make the decision myself. You'll have a great time in Florida though and I'm sure when you get out there and away from the hype, you'll wonder what all the fuss was about. Have a great holiday.

:thumbsup:

IainC
18-04-2012, 12:44 PM
...stuff about a holiday......

The holiday sounds fantastic, you should go.

Oh, by the way, I know it's been a while, but can I have your CF ticket?

Exiled Hibby
18-04-2012, 12:56 PM
Well, I've cracked too. Re booked holiday to get back before the final at a cost of £600. Its lucky its only the wife and I going this year because if like last year, the kids and their partners were coming with us, it wouldn't have been possible. This has tortured me over the last few days but I just couldn't live with myself if I missed being with my son at Hampden when Hibs beat Hearts to win the cup.

Not taking any uberfan status here coz I've only done it because I could. There was a way out for me with the ticket I booked. The overall cost taking everything into account is a lot less than £600, (I'm not going for as long as my original dates) so I had an option. Others who are with their kids, other family and friends with no option to change are stuck. You may be in the best place come the evening of Saturday 19th though, to celebrate that is.

I was hoping that when I phoned to change the booking, they told me it wasn't possible. At least that way I wouldn't have had to make the decision myself. You'll have a great time in Florida though and I'm sure when you get out there and away from the hype, you'll wonder what all the fuss was about. Have a great holiday.

:thumbsup:

cheers mate. my holiday will be made all the better knowing that more deserving causes than me will get the tickets I would have begged, stole or borrowed.

come the day I know I'll wish I was there, but will still have a hell of a celebration if it really happens. I've seen 3 League Cup wins, 3 League cup final defeats, and 2 holy grail defeats so maybe, just maybe, my absence might be an omen. I could then age disgracefully, but happily.

C'MON THE HIBEES
:flag:

SRHibs
18-04-2012, 12:58 PM
I've cracked. Holiday moved back by two weeks, leaving on 25th May as opposed to 13th May. Makes this game by far the most expensive football match I've ever attended mind you! :greengrin

That's dedication. :aok:

TheEastTerrace
18-04-2012, 01:02 PM
I'm actually booked on a stag weekend to Prague over 19th May. However, the outlay so far is only £125 on the flights so I can live with losing that.

Just trying to think of a way of telling my mate. There are jambos going on the stag who are giving it the 'we've been there before and won it' chat so they are still going to Prague. However, there are no Hibbys going and if we lost, it would ruin my time on the stag having to put up with their pesh. So hope my mate understands!

Bad Martini
18-04-2012, 01:48 PM
I too will be abroad and will either miss:

The best fitba occassion to befall Hibs in the last 110 years OR
THE WORST thing to happen to Edinburgh since the merricks last won the cup.

Either way, ill see the game in the sunshine with beer. Not the same but that canny be changed.

Note: if any non-uber fans need some stubs to get a final ticket I still have mine plus three from the recent glory hunt versus dundee utd at easter road when we got horsed in the mist and also versus st johnstone where we capitulated thrice. Glory hunting these dys is hard. No matter. Wont be here to enjoy it or cry aboot no ticket. Either way, MON THE ****ING. HIBEES YA BASS :greengrin

GGTTH