PDA

View Full Version : Murrayfield or Hampden? It's Hampden, of course.

woody47
15-04-2012, 01:43 PM
Will they now try and get the game played at Murrayfield? There has been talk about it already and for me I don't see why not. We would certainly fill it.

Beefster
15-04-2012, 01:43 PM
It should be at Murrayfield but it will be at Hampden, no question.

dp00
15-04-2012, 01:44 PM
Na want it at Hampden !!!!! Let's do this !!!!!

Malthibby
15-04-2012, 01:44 PM
That would do for me, but I don't think the suits on Glasgow will go for it.
GG

Onion
15-04-2012, 01:45 PM
Will they now try and get the game played at Murrayfield? There has been talk about it already and for me I don't see why not. We would certainly fill it.

Let's not start that again... It will and should be at Hampden.

SteveHFC
It should be at Hampden

Ozyhibby
Hampden for me. Why give money to rugby?

Bob Box Fish
15-04-2012, 01:47 PM
Hampden, if we are doing it we should do it properly.

MSK
15-04-2012, 01:49 PM
Hampden, if we are doing it we should do it properly.Couldnt care where we beat them ..:agree:

Barney McGrew
15-04-2012, 01:49 PM
The Scottish Cup Final is played at Hampden. End of.

Westie1875
15-04-2012, 01:50 PM
I don't even think this needs to be debated, we had this before with THAT semi. It will be at Hampden, no chance of it being moved.

Hibercelona
15-04-2012, 01:50 PM
Murryfield is too close to that s***ehole of a stadium.

Hampden will do thanks. :agree:

Pretty Boy
15-04-2012, 01:56 PM
It will be, and should be, played at Hampden.

Dashing Bob S
15-04-2012, 01:57 PM
Don't care where we lift the cup. Either venue could be sold out four times over.

But it will probably be at Hampden, unless PC Plod gets involved.

TornadoHibby
15-04-2012, 01:59 PM

For this game to give Hibs the chance of killing off the Scottish Cup "hoodoo" once and for all, this game must be played at Hampden otherwise a victory could be marginalised by the other side along the lines of "well you never beat us at Hampden, official "Home" of Scottish Football, you'se beat us on a rugby pitch ffs!"! :confused:

Let's do it at Hampden! :agree::agree:

HibbySpurs
15-04-2012, 02:15 PM
Don't care where we lift the cup. Either venue could be sold out four times over.

But it will probably be at Hampden, unless PC Plod gets involved.

Agree, only the plods will force a change of venue. No chance of the SFA shifting it unless made too.

Personally, dont care where we play but it shoul be at Hampden.

hibee92
15-04-2012, 02:59 PM
This is a complete no-argument. Scottish cup final. Hampden.

ginger_rice
15-04-2012, 03:03 PM
Agree, only the plods will force a change of venue. No chance of the SFA shifting it unless made too.

Personally, dont care where we play but it shoul be at Hampden.

Strathclyde's finest cope with the OF at least 4 times each season a Hibs Hearts final will be a doddle compared to that...it will be at Hampdump.

CraigHibee
15-04-2012, 03:07 PM
Defo take Hampden, I'd prefer we beat them at the home of football not egg chucking

NAE NOOKIE
15-04-2012, 03:07 PM
After watching us play Barca at Murrayfield its a no brainer ..... Hampden

Murrayfield is not a football venue !!!

Tell ya what too .... If you want a ticket for this one and you havnt got an ST you had better get one, coz they will be like Gold dust.

C'mon the Hibees !!!!!

:flag:

NORTHERNHIBBY
15-04-2012, 03:08 PM
It will be at Hampden but I can't help but think that it would be great to have the biggest football crowd in years, for a game that has neither of the old **** involved.

thebakerboy
15-04-2012, 03:11 PM
Will definitely be at Hampden it's much easier for 50,000 from Edinburgh to travel through to Glasgow than a few dozen suits to travel to Edinburgh.

lyonhibs
15-04-2012, 03:13 PM
It should be at Hampden

Hampden, if we are doing it we should do it properly.

Couldn't agree more.

With 2 Edinburgh teams in the final, it doesn't make sense to people who have no clue about Scottish football and the history thereof, but Scottish Cup Finals are played at Hampden. I've seen enough heartache at that place to last me a lifetime, so if we are to get this monkey off our backs, I want to experience the euphoria and delirium at Hampden, not at the Scottish rugby stadium

Jack
15-04-2012, 03:26 PM
A very good reason to have it in Edinburgh would be that there won't be enough busses in the area to take everyone through. I was on a bus hired from Glasgow.

I understand we took something like 150 through and reckon more will be needed for the final.

Now we have to add 400,000 yams to that.

Having said that. Most of them can't afford the bus fare to ibrox, so maybe a tenner will be too much for them.

So it will be at hampden

1two
15-04-2012, 06:12 PM
The Scottish cup final get held at hampden. Don't try and take the occassion away from us by changing venue - no matter what some might say.

Keith_M
15-04-2012, 06:13 PM
OK, I didn't want to tempt fate (or show disrespect to Aberdeen) by getting involved in the previous debate on where the final should be played but the Cup Final really MUST be played at Murrafield.

As well as the fact that most of the fans come from in or around Edinburgh, there would be 15,000 extra tickets available.

This is an occasion that Edinburgh can rightly be proud of and I can think of no more fitting venue than the largest stadium in Scotland in the home city of both teams.

hibee_girl
15-04-2012, 06:15 PM
The Scottish cup final get held at hampden. Don't try and take the occassion away from us by changing venue - no matter what some might say.

:agree:

Westie1875
15-04-2012, 06:18 PM

+1 :agree:

Macaroon
15-04-2012, 06:18 PM
Why give money to Rugby.

Saorsa
15-04-2012, 06:19 PM
OK, I didn't want to tempt fate (or show disrespect to Aberdeen) by getting involved in the previous debate on where the final should be played but the Cup Final really MUST be played at Murrafield.

As well as the fact that most of the fans come from in or around Edinburgh, there would be 15,000 extra tickets available.

This is an occasion that Edinburgh can rightly be proud of and I can think of no more fitting venue than the largest stadium in Scotland in the home city of both teams.I wouldnae mind it being in Edinburgh but it winnae happen, the S(G)FA ken of nothing except glesgae.

cabbageandribs1875
i was gonna start a poll earlier on, 15K extra seats available(375K at least), i think a lot of neutrals would want to see this game as well, 67500 sell out, loadsa more dosh for the SFA even after rental fees

Westie1875

This is an occasion that Edinburgh can rightly be proud of and I can think of no more fitting venue than the largest stadium in Scotland in the home city of both teams.

No, it should be at Hampden. Murrayfield is for egg chasing and is NOT a neutral venue IMO when it comes to Hibs v Hearts.

God Petrie
No. Murrayfield would be a hertz home game.

lyonhibs
15-04-2012, 06:20 PM

Nakedmanoncrack
:zzzzz!::zzzzz!::zzzzz!::zzzzz!::zzzzz!::zzzzz!::z zzzz!::zzzzz!:

SteveHFC
No no and no. It won't be at Egg chasing field

GreenCastle
15-04-2012, 06:23 PM
No..it's basically next door to the yams and has been used as their home ground several times.

We want to keep it as even as possible!

Greendub
No. Murrayfield would be a hertz home game.

^^This!

HUTCHYHIBBY
Not for me thanks, but, I would probably still go. :-)

Hibs Class
Why give money to Rugby.

Why give money to scotrail? I'm sure it will be at hamdump, but if the sfa were to consider the ordinary supporter they would at least consider edinburgh rather than immediately ruling it out . That said, it will be a sell out wherever it is

HibbyAndy
15-04-2012, 06:24 PM
Not for me.

Hampden is where ive dreamt as a small boy beating these ****ers and we are 90 minutes and one helluva chance away from doing so.

frazeHFC
No way. Trip through is class, Murrayfield would be crap.

LancashireHibby
Although it makes complete sense in terms of ticket availability, the extra revenue would be lost to the SRU, and although I don't like the place, it would be weird being presented with the cup anywhere other than Hampden.

Beefster
Hampden has about 10,000 debenture holders AFAIK, who have been promised the Scottish Cup Final every season. It'll be at Hampden.

Hibernia Na Eir
15-04-2012, 06:25 PM
never want Murrayfield.

only Hampden ta.

MrSmith
15-04-2012, 06:26 PM
Sorry but 65,000 against 40,000 (once the SFA/SPL have given the tickets away to the corporate brigade), is by far the best option for me! A celebration of Capital City Edinburgh Football could be the showpiece Glasgow has always tried to attain!

We must have the Edinburgh Festival come May the 19th and it must be held at Murrayfield given the stadium, access and the capacity! And; of course; EDINBURGH itself!

Scouse Hibee
15-04-2012, 06:28 PM

This is an occasion that Edinburgh can rightly be proud of and I can think of no more fitting venue than the largest RUGBY stadium in Scotland in the home city of both teams.

Nonsense, never going to happen and nor should it, we are football supporters watching our football team in a cup final at the national football stadium. The whole occasion would be spoilt by going to watch it at a rugby stadium twenty minutes from my house.

Jamesie
15-04-2012, 06:28 PM
If it was to be Murrayfield and we lost you'd always wonder whether the Hertz' "home" advantage played a part in that. No thanks.

Scouse Hibee
15-04-2012, 06:30 PM
Sorry but 65,000 against 40,000 (once the SFA/SPL have given the tickets away to the corporate brigade), is by far the best option for me! A celebration of Capital City Edinburgh Football could be the showpiece Glasgow has always tried to attain!

We must have the Edinburgh Festival come May the 19th and it must be held at Murrayfield given the stadium, access and the capacity! And; of course; EDINBURGH itself!

Un******believable

Hibs90
15-04-2012, 06:34 PM
No chance. Even if Hearts had never played there before in their lives so no home advantadge. It's the Scottish Cup final. Scotland's national stadium is and should be the venue regardless.

lyonhibs
15-04-2012, 06:34 PM

So are we just to do away with years of history tradition and romance of the cup so that the City of Edinburgh can be seen in a nice, shiny light?

Hibs90
15-04-2012, 06:39 PM

Never.

MrSmith
15-04-2012, 06:43 PM
Un******believable

And how is that?

Scouse Hibee
15-04-2012, 06:45 PM
And how is that?

Well if you can't work it out I suggest you stay at home and watch the final on the TV.

Ants
15-04-2012, 06:57 PM

AGREE.

This has nothing to do with rugby, its all about what is right for the fans from the Capital.
Hamdump is the central location for all things football, why? old firm dominance, NOT THIS YEAR!.

Why should we have to pay for travel, line their pockets of any Glasgow business?

100% neutral venue, location does not matter, after all we were the last football team to play a game there.... Barcelona?????

TIME FOR CHANGE.

1two
15-04-2012, 06:57 PM

Every hibs fan dreams about winning the Scottish cup
In my dream its usually v hearts
Its always at hampden though
Why would we want to change what would be the single biggest achievement for hibs in our entire 137 year history to play a game at a rugby stadium. It wouldn't be the same.
It HAS to be Hampden and if the evening news tries to get involved with a pro murrayfield campaign, like I believe they will, then they can f off too. I wanted that semi at murrayfield a few years back, but not the final.

1two
15-04-2012, 07:01 PM

And surely it's 65,000 at murrayfield vs 52,000 not 40,000 at hampden??

Keith_M
15-04-2012, 07:01 PM
Hampden has about 10,000 debenture holders AFAIK, who have been promised the Scottish Cup Final every season. It'll be at Hampden.

So give them equivelant seats at Murrayfield.

-------

As for it being a home game for Hearts, if the crowd is split 50/50 and almost none of the current Hearts team have EVER played at Murrayfield, I can't see that being the case.

----

Murrayfield is a Rugby Stadium. So what?

How on earth does that not make it suitable for a football match? If you were to describe Hampden, with the large curved banks behind the goals with front rows 45 yards from the pitch, I'd call it an athletics stadium. The Millenium Stadium in Cardiff is primarily for Rugby but has been a fantastic venue for both football internationals and FA Cup Finals. The same applies to the Stade de France.

Scouse Hibee
15-04-2012, 07:04 PM

-------

As for it being a home game for Hearts, if the crowd is split 50/50 and almost none of the current Hearts team have EVER played at Murrayfield, I can't see that being the case.

Murrayfield is a Rugby Stadium. So what? How on earth does that not make it suitable for a football match? If you were to describe Hampden, with the large curved banks behind the goals with front rows 45 yards from the pitch, I'd call it an athletics stadium. The Millenium Stadium in Cardiff is primarily for Rugby but has been a fantastic venue for both football internationals and FA Cup Finals. The same applies to the Stade de France.

I'll spell it out for you:

There is simply not enough time for a good swally on the bus from my house to Murrayfield :greengrin

Keith_M
15-04-2012, 07:05 PM
I'll spell it out for you:

There is simply not enough time for a good swally on the bus from my house to Murrayfield :greengrin

It's always about you, isn't it :greengrin

Notice you had no riposte to any of my points, ya drunken bum :na na:

Hibs90
15-04-2012, 07:05 PM

-------

----

How on earth does that not make it suitable for a football match? If you were to describe Hampden, with the large curved banks behind the goals with front rows 45 yards from the pitch, I'd call it an athletics stadium. The Millenium Stadium in Cardiff is primarily for Rugby but has been a fantastic venue for both football internationals and FA Cup Finals. The same applies to the Stade de France.

i'll spell it out for you. The Scottish Cup Final should be played at Scotlands national stadium regardless whether it's in Glasgow, Aberdeen, Edinburgh or the Shetland Isles. Hampden everyday of the week.

Part/Time Supporter
15-04-2012, 07:07 PM
A major problem with Murrayfield is that it doesn't have sufficient access routes- just Roseburn St and past the ice rink. I'm not exactly clear how you would be able to segregate a 50/50 crowd. Rugby doesn't have separate sections for supporters in the way that football does.

Scouse Hibee
15-04-2012, 07:08 PM
It's always about you, isn't it :greengrin

Notice you had no riposte to any of my points, ya drunken bum :na na:

They were pish poor points not worth breaking away from the bevvy long enough to reply :na na:

Keith_M
15-04-2012, 07:09 PM
i'll spell it out for you. The Scottish Cup Final should be played at Scotlands national stadium regardless whether it's in Glasgow, Aberdeen, Edinburgh or the Shetland Isles. Hampden everyday of the week.

and again, no decent argument.

I've already spelt it out to you as to why it SHOULD be at Murrayfield.

The last time Hibs played Hearts in a final was in Edinburgh. The last time Hibs Won the Cup was at Celtc Park. The first time Hibs won the cup was at the second Hampden, later called Cathkin Park, NOT the current Hampden. So all historical arguments duly dealt with :greengrin

Sir David Gray
15-04-2012, 07:11 PM
This debate is pointless as there's absolutely no danger of it being held anywhere other than Hampden. However the national stadium should be in Edinburgh.

Ants
15-04-2012, 07:12 PM
A major problem with Murrayfield is that it doesn't have sufficient access routes- just Roseburn St and past the ice rink. I'm not exactly clear how you would be able to segregate a 50/50 crowd. Rugby doesn't have separate sections for supporters in the way that football does.

Hearts fans approach from the West end of the area, North and West stands, Hibs come from South and East stands.
Hearts entry is from Gorgie/Balgreen entrance, Hibs from Roseburn and Corstorphine Road.

SlickShoes
15-04-2012, 07:12 PM
Hampden for me, it's a 10 minute drive from my house and it's where the Scottish Cup Final should be, not some big rugby stadium a stones throw from the pink bus shelter.

Scouse Hibee
15-04-2012, 07:15 PM

They took out the contract on condition the seats would be at Hampden in Glasgow
-------

Their part of the city and too close to the PBS

----

Running out at the national stadium is all part of the magic for the players of reaching the final

It doesn't matter cos it aint happening :na na:

Keith_M
15-04-2012, 07:16 PM
Hampden for me, it's a 10 minute drive from my house and it's where the Scottish Cup Final should be, not some big rugby stadium a stones throw from the pink bus shelter.

So we have the arguments basically boil down to some Scouse Git who wants to get p*ss*d on the bus to Glasgow and some Weegie who can't be ars*d travelling more than 10 minutes to the final.

Great arguments guys :thumbsup:

Scouse Hibee
15-04-2012, 07:19 PM
So we have the arguments basically boil down to some Scouse Git who wants to get p*ss*d on the bus to Glasgow and some Weegie who can't be ars*d travelling more than 10 minutes to the final.

Great arguments guys :thumbsup:

Great arguments or not it will be at Hampden :na na:

Dashing Bob S
15-04-2012, 07:21 PM
Hampden is a toilet and I wouldn't mind it being played at Muddyfield.

The only way it would happen though, is if police/security advice says that its too much hassle in our strange little country to get 50,000 people to move 50 miles west, and the authorities are panicked into being silly.

Either way they should 100% confirm NOW that Murrayfield is a non-starter/under discussion, so that those coming from outside Scotland can make their travel arrangements.

inglisavhibs
15-04-2012, 07:21 PM

Can we delete this thread. The cup final will be at Hampden and always will be.

Hainan Hibs
15-04-2012, 07:23 PM
It's going to be at Hampden, we're winning the cup and ending the hoodoo at the national football stadium.

Let's stop all this pish about Edinburgh this Edinburgh that, I couldn't give a **** how Edinburgh is portrayed, we're going through to Glasgow, beating those establishment blazer wearing trumpets and bringing the cup back to Leith.

Scouse Hibee
15-04-2012, 07:23 PM
Can we delete this thread. The cup final will be at Hampden and always will be.

If you don't like the thread don't post on it!!!!!

cabbageandribs1875
15-04-2012, 07:28 PM
Hearts fans approach from the West end of the area, North and West stands, Hibs come from South and East stands.
Hearts entry is from Gorgie/Balgreen entrance, Hibs from Roseburn and Corstorphine Road.

i would say South and West for the yamboids, East and North stands for us, anyway.....that's it sorted murrayfield it is :agree::thumbsup::na na:

Eyrie
15-04-2012, 07:38 PM
So there are two reasons why it should be at Hampden
Contractual (the prawn sandwich brigade, very few of whom have any interest in either team)
Tradition (nice, but not essential)

On the other hand
41000 fans will have to travel to Weegieland and back (52k capacity, less 11k prawn sandwiches)
15000** more fans will miss the game (Murrayfield holds 67.5k, less say 2.5k for segregation)
The financial rewards*** for all are better (those extra 15k fans will more than cover the rent ot the SRU)

But the key factor is that the football authorities hold the common fan in contempt and won't do anything that may benefit them, so it must be held at Hampden. Pathetic.

1two
15-04-2012, 07:43 PM
Contractual (the prawn sandwich brigade, very few of whom have any interest in either team)

On the other hand
41000 fans will have to travel to Weegieland and back (52k capacity, less 11k prawn sandwiches)
15000** more fans will miss the game (Murrayfield holds 67.5k, less say 2.5k for segregation)
The financial rewards*** for all are better (those extra 15k fans will more than cover the rent ot the SRU)

But the key factor is that the football authorities hold the common fan in contempt and won't do anything that may benefit them, so it must be held at Hampden. Pathetic.

They won't be holding me in contempt

Scouse Hibee
15-04-2012, 07:45 PM

On the other hand

Are you sure the majority of the common fans would prefer Murrayfield?

lucky
15-04-2012, 07:50 PM
I would not mind where its played. But the SFA will not allow it to be played at Murrayfield. Remember UFEA made Man Untied and Chelsea fans travel to Moscow for the CL final. Blazers that run football don't give a toss about the fans.

Eyrie
15-04-2012, 07:51 PM
Are you sure the majority of the common fans would prefer Murrayfield?
Fair point - there may be a majority in favour of Hampden which I hadn't considered.

What I meant though was that considering what would be better for the fans in terms of travel and ticket availability is irrelevant to the blazerati.

Scouse Hibee
15-04-2012, 07:53 PM
Fair point - there may be a majority in favour of Hampden which I hadn't considered.

What I meant though was that considering what would be better for the fans in terms of travel and ticket availability is irrelevant to the blazerati.

:aok:

Simon70
15-04-2012, 08:25 PM

Fans might be in favour of Murrayfield if it means them managing to get a ticket to watch it in person rather than on telly.

It won't happen though because the SFA establishment can't see past the embarrassment that is Hampden.

TornadoHibby
15-04-2012, 08:29 PM

The last time Hibs played Hearts in a final was in Edinburgh. The last time Hibs Won the Cup was at Celtc Park. The first time Hibs won the cup was at the second Hampden, later called Cathkin Park, NOT the current Hampden. So all historical arguments duly dealt with :greengrin

And they won that one! :confused:

It must be Hampden as that is the Official Home of Scottish Football whereas Murrayfield is the Official Home of Rugby in Scotland! :agree:

All the other points you have made in support of Murrayfield are irrelevant in relation to football matters. Is it because you are more likely to get a ticket for Murrayfield than Hampden? :rolleyes: :greengrin

jgl07
15-04-2012, 08:50 PM
A very good reason to have it in Edinburgh would be that there won't be enough busses in the area to take everyone through. I was on a bus hired from Glasgow.

I understand we took something like 150 through and reckon more will be needed for the final.

Now we have to add 400,000 yams to that.

Having said that. Most of them can't afford the bus fare to ibrox, so maybe a tenner will be too much for them.

So it will be at hampden

There will be no problems with transport especally with this being a Saturday 3:00 start.

Apart from chartered coaches, there are at least twelve trains an hours between Edinburgh and Glasgow and four buses each hour.

DavieRoy
15-04-2012, 09:18 PM
Interesting debate. In terms of Hearts home game at Murrayfield, I am not sure. Andy Webster has played 3 European games for Hearts at Murrayfield but nobody else from the current squad from what I can see. Paul Hanlon, Lewis Stevenson and Ian Murray have all played at Murrayfield when Hibernian played Barcelona.

The club were happy to accept the fee to play Barcelona back then, I wanted that game at Easter Road. Now I would probably prefer Murrayfield for the Scottish Cup Final but I don't think the Hibernian chairman/SFA Second Vice President Rod Petrie will allow the SFA's showpiece event move east.

Jonnyboy
15-04-2012, 09:22 PM
Interesting debate. In terms of Hearts home game at Murrayfield, I am not sure. Andy Webster has played 3 European games for Hearts at Murrayfield but nobody else from the current squad from what I can see. Paul Hanlon, Lewis Stevenson and Ian Murray have all played at Murrayfield when Hibernian played Barcelona.

The club were happy to accept the fee to play Barcelona back then, I wanted that game at Easter Road. Now I would probably prefer Murrayfield for the Scottish Cup Final but I don't think the Hibernian chairman/SFA Second Vice President Rod Petrie will allow the SFA's showpiece event move east.

Good points, well made buddy :thumbsup:

However, as Mr Martini might say .......... Hampden .. End Of :greengrin

jgl07
15-04-2012, 09:51 PM
This debate it totally futile as the Scottish Cup Final is contractually scheduled for Hampden Park. Nothing is going to change that.

The 2012 Champions' League Final will be at the Allianz Arena. The probable fact that it will be between Real Madrid and Barcelona will not alter that. They will not switch it to some bullfighting arena to save on the air fares!

Similarly the 2012 Europa League Final will be in Bucharest. It be between Athletic Bilbao or Sporting Lisbon and Athletico Madrid or Valencia. Is anyone suggesting that the match be relocated to Madrid or Barcelona.

You are wasting your breath with this one.

I agree that Hampden is a rubbish stadium but Murrayfield is no better. It is a rugby stadium. There is a running track along one touchline and the lower stands behind either goal offer a poor view.

Hampden is the only choice.

Sweep
15-04-2012, 10:11 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/call-for-city-to-host-potential-hearts-hibs-cup-clash-1-2232459

Sweep
15-04-2012, 10:13 PM
I think murrayfield would be excellent.

Jonnyboy
15-04-2012, 10:13 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/call-for-city-to-host-potential-hearts-hibs-cup-clash-1-2232459

Cardownie must be on commission or something. No way ANYONE should listen to him!

SteveHFC
15-04-2012, 10:14 PM
Hampden

End of Discussion :agree:

sleeping giant
15-04-2012, 10:15 PM

Oh yes :agree:

nic81
15-04-2012, 10:15 PM
Hampden

:agree::pfgwa:flag:

Brebners Bookie
15-04-2012, 10:16 PM
Hampden

Yup

Sweep
15-04-2012, 10:20 PM
Hampden

Is it?

SteveHFC
15-04-2012, 10:21 PM
Is it?

It will be at Hampden mate not Egg Chasing Field :cb

keep the faith
15-04-2012, 10:27 PM
Why have 50k clogging up the m8 and taking hours to get there and even longer to get back. we could get 70k at murrayfield and have one hell of a party. makes complete sense.

DavieRoy
15-04-2012, 10:27 PM
Good points, well made buddy :thumbsup:

However, as Mr Martini might say .......... Hampden .. End Of :greengrin

As I said John, interesting debate. Do Hearts have the Hampden advantage too because they gubbed us there last time? Why give St. Bernards money in 1896, Logie Green wasn't the home of Scottish football?

Just mixing it up!!!

SteveHFC
15-04-2012, 10:28 PM
Why have 50k clogging up the m8 and taking hours to get there and even longer to get back. we could get 70k at murrayfield and have one hell of a party. makes complete sense.

No no and no. The game will be played at Hampden. End Of :aok:

Sammy7nil
15-04-2012, 10:30 PM
A family of 4 will spend around £60 - £80 travelling to the Glasgow dump (including lunch)

Alterbatively have lunch at home jump on a 26 bus at 1pm soak up the atmosphere in your own city at a cost of under £5 no brainer for me.

Crowds could be better managed by Police with less potential for bother on the way there and home.

SFA dont do common sense.

SteveHFC
15-04-2012, 10:32 PM
Anyone who wants the game at Egg Chasing Field can piss off :aok:

It will be at Hampden End Of!

keep the faith
15-04-2012, 10:36 PM

It will be at Hampden End Of!

Steady chief. there is an argument for both options ;-)

SteveHFC
15-04-2012, 10:37 PM
there is an argument for both options ;-)

True :aok:

Saorsa
15-04-2012, 10:42 PM

It will be at Hampden End Of!shut it

Jonnyboy
15-04-2012, 10:44 PM
As I said John, interesting debate. Do Hearts have the Hampden advantage too because they gubbed us there last time? Why give St. Bernards money in 1896, Logie Green wasn't the home of Scottish football?

Just mixing it up!!!

:greengrin

Need to organise a meet soon eh?

silverhibee
15-04-2012, 10:45 PM
True :aok:

But you are still right MB. :thumbsup::cb

15-04-2012, 10:46 PM
Hampden for me :agree:

Makes the experience a lot better, you can make more of a day out of it. I love the travelling through with all the hibs buses convoying down the M8 and back again in the bus after we have won is a fantastic buzz!

SteveHFC
15-04-2012, 10:48 PM
But you are still right MB. :thumbsup::cb

:cb

Malthibby
15-04-2012, 10:49 PM
Would like Murrayfield but the blazers will insist on Hampden.
Wherever, we will win this.
GG

Hibs90
15-04-2012, 10:52 PM
So what if it's a few extra quid to travel through? I'd pay anything to see Hibs lift the Scottish Cup. It WILL be at Hampden. No doubt there will be arguments/debates/newspaper articles etc but the fact remains it will be at Hampden.

Westie1875
15-04-2012, 10:53 PM
Hampden :agree:

frazeHFC
15-04-2012, 10:56 PM
2 reasons why i would prefer Hampden:

1 - I love the bus journey through

2 - Hampden is a football ground

Sammy7nil
15-04-2012, 10:57 PM
This debate it totally futile as the Scottish Cup Final is contractually scheduled for Hampden Park. Nothing is going to change that.

The 2012 Champions' League Final will be at the Allianz Arena. The probable fact that it will be between Real Madrid and Barcelona will not alter that. They will not switch it to some bullfighting arena to save on the air fares!

Similarly the 2012 Europa League Final will be in Bucharest. It be between Athletic Bilbao or Sporting Lisbon and Athletico Madrid or Valencia. Is anyone suggesting that the match be relocated to Madrid or Barcelona.

You are wasting your breath with this one.

I agree that Hampden is a rubbish stadium but Murrayfield is no better. It is a rugby stadium. There is a running track along one touchline and the lower stands behind either goal offer a poor view.

Hampden is the only choice.

The difference here is this venue CAN be changed it is a Scottish competition for only Scottish clubs run by the Scottish FA they CAN change the venue.

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-04-2012, 11:07 PM
A family of 4 will spend around £60 - £80 travelling to the Glasgow dump (including lunch)

Alterbatively have lunch at home jump on a 26 bus at 1pm soak up the atmosphere in your own city at a cost of under £5 no brainer for me.

Crowds could be better managed by Police with less potential for bother on the way there and home.

Wow! that sounds like an exciting day out!

silverhibee
15-04-2012, 11:11 PM

:tee hee:

SteveHFC
15-04-2012, 11:12 PM

:hilarious

Sammy7nil
15-04-2012, 11:15 PM

Not what I would do mate but many folk dont have money to take kids to games and the cost will certainly put a few off. Makes no odds to me where it is but I really detest the trip tp that shiiiithole Hampden and for me the more we get to the game the better.

jgl07
15-04-2012, 11:44 PM
The difference here is this venue CAN be changed it is a Scottish competition for only Scottish clubs run by the Scottish FA they CAN change the venue.

The question remains; why would they want to?

Myself and a clear majority on this board think that there should not be a change.

Dream on.

500miles
15-04-2012, 11:47 PM
If for some strange reason, we decide on competing in the Cup Final using Rugby rules, then yes, we should play at Murrayfield.

But since I'm not a bum poker, private schoolie, fatty or toffee nosed, or a combination of all four, I would like to watch a football match, and the National Football stadium, ta.

jgl07
15-04-2012, 11:51 PM
Cardownie must be on commission or something. No way ANYONE should listen to him!

Even if I was totally committed to the final at Murrayfield, the fact that Cardownie was in favour would change my view.

Cardownie is a total (political) crook and the worst example of a Jambo in all aspects.

Sammy7nil
15-04-2012, 11:58 PM

Myself and a clear majority on this board think that there should not be a change.

Dream on.

Not a dream of mine, don't really care where it is played but I HATE Hampden and I hate the journey home. It can be anything from just over an hour to nearly 3 hours.

I would love to walk out of the stadium knowing I could be back in ER within 30 mins, but as I say I can put up with the shiiiithole and the travel so no real problem.

MrSmith
16-04-2012, 12:01 AM

Dream on.

is there a clear majority? prove it!

Sammy7nil
16-04-2012, 12:05 AM
is there a clear majority? prove it!

The straw poll based on under 100 votes suggests there is a majority.
I don't understand why though.

TornadoHibby
16-04-2012, 07:04 AM

Sounds like you're worried that you may not get a ticket for Hampden but may havd a chance if, for some wrong reason, the game was played at a rugby ground just because it might be 'more convenient' for anybody!!:wink: :greengrin

LeithBoozy
16-04-2012, 09:32 AM
I must admit, the idea of 30,000 hibbys waiting for the players to emerge at Murrayfield with the cup and their bus getting escorted at 2 miles an hour. All the way through the city centre to ER does have its appeal, what do the young lads call such a march again?. It would never ever be equalled in football terms, another first for the Hi-bees! :flag:

hibs0666
16-04-2012, 10:32 AM
Hampden will host the final, end of.

Simon70
16-04-2012, 11:30 AM
Hampden will host the final, end of.

People who finish comments on discussion forums with "end of" are arrogant bellends. Discuss.

TamHibs
16-04-2012, 11:32 AM
I've been hearing the Hibs & Hertz are in talks with the sfa & SRU in regards to playing the final at Murrayfield. Anyone else heard the same or is it just a load of tosh? For the record I'd prefer it to be at Hampden.

Sean1875
16-04-2012, 11:33 AM
Dont understand why this is still being debated, it will be Hampden. Case closed. Job done. Finito. Move on.

down-the-slope
16-04-2012, 11:34 AM
rubbish i would say. SFA will want Hampden to get used. Also there are Hotels / buses / travel all booked by people already so there would be a total rammy if it were changed now

Ryan91
16-04-2012, 11:37 AM
As much as I despise Hampden given all it's flaws, I don't think that playing the game at Murrayfield is the right idea (especially since it's a mere stone's throw from the PBS), Hampden is the national stadium and as such the final should be played there, no matter who contests the final.

TheEastTerrace
16-04-2012, 11:45 AM
It's Hampden for definite

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/hearts/303568-sfa-confirms-cup-final-will-be-played-at-hampden/

Jack
16-04-2012, 12:08 PM

That's it for me, although I had slightly different figures which suggested a total cost of around £1,000,000 just for the supporters.

As for the police ... will the usual pick up and drop off points, used by both sets of supporters the length of the M8 and beyond need policing? At what cost? And I dread to think what Harthill will be like given it struggled to cope with one set of supporters on Saturday. I suspect they’ll just close it and how good will that pee? :rolleyes:

hibs0666
16-04-2012, 12:16 PM
People who finish comments on discussion forums with "end of" are arrogant bellends. Discuss.

Pish, end of. :wink:

silverhibee
16-04-2012, 12:29 PM
I've been hearing the Hibs & Hertz are in talks with the sfa & SRU in regards to playing the final at Murrayfield. Anyone else heard the same or is it just a load of tosh? For the record I'd prefer it to be at Hampden.

Load of tosh, Our manager was just on SSN saying the game should be played at hampden. End off. Discuss.

JHFC
16-04-2012, 01:02 PM
Not sure it mentioned before but it says on SSN that Murrayfield has been made available but PF insists it should be played at Hampden.

Edit: oops, just noticed post above!

Hibs90
16-04-2012, 01:06 PM

Pish.

A spokeswoman for the SFA said: “We are not looking at any other venues for the game.

“The Scottish Cup final 2012 will be played at Hampden.”

Robinho08
16-04-2012, 01:22 PM
Hampden. Nuff said.

Macaroon
16-04-2012, 02:42 PM
My mate just told me it's been officially announced that the final is 100% at Hampden Park. He may be talking keek but I thought I'd share anyway.

Lets pump the yams the traditional way then! :pfgwa:pfgwa:flag::flag:

HH81
16-04-2012, 02:45 PM
It was never going to be anywhere else to be fair.

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-04-2012, 02:57 PM
It was good to read Fenlon hoping for that this morning.

alfieboi75
16-04-2012, 03:02 PM
I voted for Murrayfield as it makes sense fan wise to stage the game within Edinburgh....afterall....it may be another 110 years before the next opportunity for an all Edinburgh final so what harm would it be to stage the game at Murrayfield in our lifetime.

I just hope common sense prevails within the offices of SFA....then again...common sense from SFA for us fans is alot to ask for!!!

:hibees

ronaldo7
16-04-2012, 03:34 PM
Thank god it's Hampden.

I look forward to my early breakfast and up for the bus at 9 for a wee drive along the M8 to the Catholic club in High Blantyre for some pre match refreshments, and food, before leaving nice and early to see the magnificent Hibernian whip the erchies of the overblown egos from Gorgay.

GGTTH

Scouse Hibee
16-04-2012, 03:48 PM
I voted for Murrayfield as it makes sense fan wise to stage the game within Edinburgh....afterall....it may be another 110 years before the next opportunity for an all Edinburgh final so what harm would it be to stage the game at Murrayfield in our lifetime.

I just hope common sense prevails within the offices of SFA....then again...common sense from SFA for us fans is alot to ask for!!!

:hibees

Thankfully it has!

Sweep
17-04-2012, 07:30 PM
I see there is a 2 page spread in todays evening news about msp's councilors etc lobbying the sofa to move it to murrayfield. So not the END OFF yet. :wink:

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-04-2012, 07:41 PM
Surprised they managed to discuss it with their constituents so quickly! The stories are pretty biased to be fair.

jdships
17-04-2012, 07:59 PM

:top marks
Plus every players dream is to "A" play in a cup final at Hampden and "B" to play for Scotland at Hampden
Can you imagine the problems at Murrayfield with "segregation" . There is absolutely no way you could keep the two sets of supporters apart either in or out of the ground.

The Harp
17-04-2012, 10:49 PM
I see there is a 2 page spread in todays evening news about msp's councilors etc lobbying the sofa to move it to murrayfield. So not the END OFF yet. :wink:

The Hampden or Murrayfield nonsense has provided the Evening News with front page main stories in the two days since both clubs made it to the final.
They can campaign all they want and speculate about how much of a boost it would give to the Edinburgh economy but it aint gonna happen. Nothing will move it from Hampden and rightly so IMHO.