PDA

View Full Version : Stack injury: out 10-12 weeks (merged)

dp00
15-04-2012, 05:14 PM
Anyone know what's the latest on stacks injury ?

vercol36
15-04-2012, 06:09 PM
Met him a few hours after the game, seemed to be walking ok. I doubt he seriously damaged the muscle if he wasn't at home resting himself.

Sean1875
15-04-2012, 06:10 PM
Posted on his facebook that hes going for a scan tomorrow :agree:

Hibby_G
15-04-2012, 07:39 PM
i also heard he is going to get a scan so hope hes ok

MrRobot
16-04-2012, 11:33 AM
Hopefully wont be in the final anyways. Need no liabilities for this game.

Hibercelona
16-04-2012, 11:35 AM

:rolleyes:

Can we have one thread about goalkeepers that don't go down the same route every time?

Stack and Brown are both solid SPL level keepers.

Billy Whizz
16-04-2012, 11:36 AM
If he's injured who is back up to Brown?

Hibercelona
16-04-2012, 11:40 AM
If he's injured who is back up to Brown?

We'll need to recall Antell back from East Stirling.

SunshineOnLeith
16-04-2012, 11:42 AM
He didn't look very injured in the Harp & Castle on Saturday night! :greengrin

R'Albin
16-04-2012, 11:45 AM

Can we have one thread about goalkeepers that don't go down the same route every time?

:agree:

.Sean.
16-04-2012, 11:58 AM
We'll need to recall Antell back from East Stirling.I believe he's cup-tied so who would be our sub 'keeper for the final?

oconnors_strip
16-04-2012, 01:27 PM
Paul grant would be our sub keeper

Hibercelona
16-04-2012, 01:34 PM

Can we call up an academy player during the season?

JohnStephens91
16-04-2012, 01:40 PM
Can we call up an academy player during the season?
Paul Grant was the substitute goalie at Central Park against Cowdenbeath

Scooter
16-04-2012, 08:04 PM
Brian Mcgluchan sp has tweeted stack will miss the final due to tigh strain

GreenCastle
16-04-2012, 08:06 PM
Just saw this on twitter -if true gutted for him.

Please can this not turn into a Stack or Brown abuse thread. We have had plenty of them this season.

From now till the end of the final we need to get behind Brown and give him confidence to perform. :agree:

Brown does also have a decent record of penalty shoot outs though...

My only slight worry is now the inexperience on the bench but we should have Stevenson and Murray back outfield which should help.

hibee_girl
16-04-2012, 08:07 PM
If that's true gutted for him

Beefster
16-04-2012, 08:08 PM
I've every faith in Brown but he won't have a save to make anyway.

Albion Hibs
16-04-2012, 08:10 PM
Given how quickly they made the decision to take him off, and if it is a strain i would think he is looking at a minimum of 4 weeks. Gutted for him if this turns out to be the case.

number9dream
16-04-2012, 08:23 PM
Out for the season, according to BBC Brian McL on Twitter...

truehibernian
16-04-2012, 08:27 PM
Cue Hibs signing an emergency loan keeper, who comes in, plays the final, has a blinder, and is a one game legend.......it's written in the stars. Is Kello not a free agent......oh how funny that would be.

scott7_0(Prague)
16-04-2012, 08:30 PM
I'll sit and wait for the official word on the injury from Stack or Hibs before believe some journo.

I Waited.... ****........gutted

Bostonhibby
16-04-2012, 08:30 PM

Liam89
16-04-2012, 08:31 PM
out for rest of the season!

H18sry
16-04-2012, 08:32 PM
After one of the most memorable days in my footballing career i spent the remainder of the weekend and today waiting on the result of my injury. Im devastated to say that it's the worst possible news i could have had. I've been told that i've detached my quad from the bone and will be out for 10-12 weeks! After staying injury free this season apart from a slight calf strain and starting 35 games i felt i was in the best physical condition possible. It looks like ill have to take a back seat and watch from the stands while my pals stay in the SPL and win The Scottish Cup. It was meant to be the best and biggest day in my career and its been taken away from me, might not be out there with a strip on but will be with the lads every step of the way including the ones at Hampden!! Thanks for all your messages, really appreciate it x

SRHibs
16-04-2012, 08:42 PM
Think it's time to get rid. Let's be honest, we expect far too little from our keepers these days. Stack is mediocre at best and plagued by injury problems. Don't get me wrong, I love the passion that Stack displays, and the emotion in the above quote is palpable. It's not enough though.

scott7_0(Prague)
16-04-2012, 08:45 PM
Think it's time to get rid. Let's be honest, we expect far too little from our keepers these days. Stack is mediocre at best and plagued by injury problems. Don't get me wrong, I love the passion that Stack displays, and the emotion in the above quote is palpable. It's not enough though.

Jesus.....:rolleyes:

Thats 10 full minutes since the confirmation came up.

Weldone.

PatHead
16-04-2012, 08:46 PM
Really feel for him. Was my first choice goalie. Must be gutted.

Cameron1875
16-04-2012, 08:49 PM

That's shocking.

Dinkydoo
16-04-2012, 08:51 PM
Real shame for him.

He's a decent keeper and a great guy, but so unfortunate with injuries.

Northernhibee
Absolutely gutted for the big man.

SneakersO'Toole
Brutal news for Stack. Very cruel indeed.

FAO Cynic, I hope guys like you stay away from the final.

SteveHFC
16-04-2012, 08:52 PM

Deary me :rolleyes:

Mikey
16-04-2012, 08:53 PM

Lucky boy. Never played for the club and could walk away with a Scottish Cup winners medal.

A modern day Dave Beaumont :greengrin

proud_and_green

Behave yourself! I thought he actually had a good game. In anycase - he is the Hibs Goalkeeper so he gets my support.

Really don't need this ***** every time particularly as we now find ourselves in a final!!!

Elephant Stone
Awful news, he's been brilliant in recent weeks. If we win he can collect his medal on merit, he's played a big part in getting us here.

London Hibs FC
16-04-2012, 08:59 PM
After one of the most memorable days in my footballing career i spent the remainder of the weekend and today waiting on the result of my injury. Im devastated to say that it's the worst possible news i could have had. I've been told that i've detached my quad from the bone and will be out for 10-12 weeks! After staying injury free this season apart from a slight calf strain and starting 35 games i felt i was in the best physical condition possible. It looks like ill have to take a back seat and watch from the stands while my pals stay in the SPL and win The Scottish Cup. It was meant to be the best and biggest day in my career and its been taken away from me, might not be out there with a strip on but will be with the lads every step of the way including the ones at Hampden!! Thanks for all your messages, really appreciate it x

Absolutely devastated for the Laddie!!

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-04-2012, 09:00 PM

I've been known to be critical of most things Hibs on here, but, as we approach arguably the greatest game in history is there any chance of the admins getting rid of any negative stuff until after the final?

I know its censorship, but, we need to all start pulling in the same direction and get rid of the negative stuff for a month!

London Hibs FC
16-04-2012, 09:00 PM
Awful news, he's been brilliant in recent weeks. If we win he can collect his medal on merit, he's played a big part in getting us here.

PatHead
16-04-2012, 09:02 PM

"Hopefully wont be in the final anyways. Need no liabilities for this game."

You are showing Neil Lennon class. Give the boy a break and start supporting the team. Suppose you will now have to start picking on another player now

Westie1875
16-04-2012, 09:07 PM
Cue Hibs signing an emergency loan keeper, who comes in, plays the final, has a blinder, and is a one game legend.......it's written in the stars. Is Kello not a free agent......oh how funny that would be.

Will we be allowed to do this?

hibee92
16-04-2012, 09:13 PM
Can't imagine how the big man is feeling right now. Gutted for him.

GreenCastle
16-04-2012, 09:15 PM

You have to feel for the guy - will be missed as a character on the pitch but I am sure he will play his part on the day.

As I said above - vital we get behind Brown from now till then. :agree:

Part/Time Supporter
16-04-2012, 09:19 PM
Will we be allowed to do this?

That might be allowed if Brown got injured / suspended. Not otherwise.

Really hard luck on Stack, nobody deserves that kind of ****.

col02
16-04-2012, 09:23 PM
I would like to say thank you to Stack for his contribution in recent weeks in improving Hibs situation. Might get forgotten when you have Garry or Leigh banging in goals but Stack made some cracking saves in the recent games to help us on our way! Only game recently I think he was culpable was the United game but nobody really played well that day. All the best to the big man if he has played his last game for Hibs as he has more than contributed to what could be a special season. :thumbsup:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
16-04-2012, 09:26 PM
Gutted for Stacky.

Gatecrasher
16-04-2012, 09:31 PM
Gutted for him, Hope he still gets a winners medal though :agree:

FitbaFolkKen
16-04-2012, 09:33 PM

Despite the hysteria above, I think I agree with this. There is nothing harsh in this post despite all the knickers that are in a twist above.

Stack is decent and his passion for the club is superb. But noone can tell me we shouldn't be striving for better next season, or has everyone forgotten about our league performance?

Can I add I am genuinely gutted for him.

SRHibs
16-04-2012, 09:33 PM
Brutal news for Stack. Very cruel indeed.

FAO Cynic, I hope guys like you stay away from the final.

For what reason? This thread is about Stack and an ongoing issue (injury) that has contributed to him being a less than reliable GK for us. If you go through my posts, I'm hardly the most negative poster on the board, despite my alias. I never said anything particularly out of line, and those of you who are up in arms need to stop greeting. I'm as good a Hibs fan as any of you, regardless of whether I think Stack's pish or not.

Obviously I'm gutted for him, but I'd still rather he never played for my club.

CentreLine
16-04-2012, 09:39 PM
Really bad news for Stack and for us too. He is a good keeper and IMHO the best we have at the moment. Thankfully Brown is also a decent keeper but we need some back-up. Hope Stack makes as speedy a recovery as possible but I bet he is not found wanting in helping keep the heads up for the relegation battle and of course that Cup Final

Eyrie
16-04-2012, 09:41 PM
Sympathies to him, and he's played his part both in getting us to the final and keeping us up.

Now let's get him a winner's medal.

IndieHibby
16-04-2012, 09:43 PM
For what reason? This thread is about Stack and an ongoing issue (injury) that has contributed to him being a less than reliable GK for us. If you go through my posts, I'm hardly the most negative poster on the board, despite my alias. I never said anything particularly out of line, and those of you who are up in arms need to stop greeting. I'm as good a Hibs fan as any of you, regardless of whether I think Stack's pish or not.

Obviously I'm gutted for him, but I'd still rather he never played for my club.

And I'd rather we had Messi up front, but we don't have him. So I back those that do - especially in public!

SRHibs
16-04-2012, 09:44 PM
And I'd rather we had Messi up front, but we don't have him. So I back those that do - especially in public!

I back him when he's playing too. What's your point? People love to throw out assumptions with no basis on this forum, don't they?

The_Exile
16-04-2012, 09:50 PM
Drivel

Don't feed the troll guys and gals, gutted for the big guy, once in a lifetime stuff, keeper is usually the hero in these types of games, time to get behind Brown and hope he stays injury free!

1875godsgift
16-04-2012, 09:51 PM
I back him when he's playing too. What's your point? People love to throw out assumptions with no basis on this forum, don't they?

I feel sorry for the guy :agree:

SRHibs
16-04-2012, 09:55 PM
Don't feed the troll guys and gals, gutted for the big guy, once in a lifetime stuff, keeper is usually the hero in these types of games, time to get behind Brown and hope he stays injury free!

I'm the troll? I'm not trying to antagonise anyone on the forum - it's the other way round. Dissect my posting history if you wish, but negativity isn't all that common from me. I don't think Stack's good enough to be a Hibernian FC player. Maybe this wasn't the right place to post it, but compared to the **** that's posted here on a daily basis, my post pales in comparison. Just because you don't agree doesn't make me a troll, so instead of trying to needlessly provoke me, why don't you just keep your mouth closed, or your fingers away from that keyboard of yours.

Sean1875
16-04-2012, 09:55 PM
He must be absolutely gutted, feel for the guy. Im sure a Scottish Cup winners medal will cheer him up though :aok:

Holmesdale Hibs
16-04-2012, 09:59 PM
Bollocks! Brown is a good replacement but Stack deserves to be there.

Sean1875
16-04-2012, 10:01 PM
Although wouldnt it just be typical Hearts luck for Brown to get injured in a freak training ground accident on May the 18th :rolleyes:

MontrealHibs
16-04-2012, 10:23 PM
:confused:

Number69
16-04-2012, 10:25 PM
I'm the troll? I'm not trying to antagonise anyone on the forum - it's the other way round. Dissect my posting history if you wish, but negativity isn't all that common from me. I don't think Stack's good enough to be a Hibernian FC player. Maybe this wasn't the right place to post it, but compared to the **** that's posted here on a daily basis, my post pales in comparison. Just because you don't agree doesn't make me a troll, so instead of trying to needlessly provoke me, why don't you just keep your mouth closed, or your fingers away from that keyboard of yours.

Haha i like this guy!!

But to be fair, i agree with your post in most aspects, but not to sound harsh to you - maybe its you who should keep your fingers away from your keyboard with the negativity? You seem like a bright guy, why not just show a bit of empathy for the guy and bow out?

Gutted for Stack, wears his heart on his sleeve for us but we need a first choice keeper. Stack has torn the muscle off the bone, he might be able to walk in 12 weeks but after that what? This doesnt sound like the kind of injury that just goes away and i should know because I tore my bicep off the bone when I was 14, and now 15 years on I still get pain.

We need a first choice keeper whatever we we all want to look at this.

Hibbyradge
16-04-2012, 10:26 PM
We have reserve keepers.

Deano_70
16-04-2012, 10:28 PM
We all dream of a team of James mcpakes!!

Twa Cairpets
16-04-2012, 10:29 PM

Seriously, get a grip

Saorsa
16-04-2012, 10:31 PM
A real blow for Stack (and for us), he must be gutted. Think Brown is a capable SPL keeper though and will do the job.

Nae mair injuries please :pray:

SRHibs
16-04-2012, 10:34 PM
Seriously, get a grip

?

Twa Cairpets
16-04-2012, 10:37 PM
?

Crap post. No need

1875godsgift
16-04-2012, 10:38 PM

I feel sorry for the guy :agree:

Scouse Hibee
16-04-2012, 10:39 PM
Do we need another keeper? Surely Brown and Grant will be sufficient.

cabbageandribs1875
16-04-2012, 10:39 PM
poor guy must be gutted, i won't join the debate about who is the better keeper but lets all get behind/encourage the guy that will be between the sticks for us :agree:

Dunbar Hibee
16-04-2012, 10:45 PM
Devestated. Cracking bloke who loves the Cabbage. Lets just hope we can get him a winners medal.

Dunbar Hibee
16-04-2012, 10:46 PM
Do we need another keeper? Surely Brown and Grant will be sufficient.

What if Brown picks up a knock?! We can't rely on young Grant. Can we not get an emergency loan at this point?

FitbaFolkKen
16-04-2012, 10:49 PM
Crap post. No need

Crap because you don't agree??? It's a fair point, he is gutted for Stack as he displays obvious passion for the club but doesn't rate him and would like a new keeper.

How many threads giving keepers abuse that are totally over the top on here, yet because we won a game at the weekend and are close to the holy grail the opinion isn't valid?

Scouse Hibee
16-04-2012, 10:53 PM
What if Brown picks up a knock?! We can't rely on young Grant. Can we not get an emergency loan at this point?

Surely we couldn't be that unlucky, when was the last time a team lost their number one keeper before a big game and then lost his replacement in another game prior to the big game............................oh wait that sounds familiar all be it wasn't through injuries. :greengrin

Twa Cairpets
16-04-2012, 10:56 PM
Crap because you don't agree??? It's a fair point, he is gutted for Stack as he displays obvious passion for the club but doesn't rate him and would like a new keeper.

How many threads giving keepers abuse that are totally over the top on here, yet because we won a game at the weekend and are close to the holy grail the opinion isn't valid?

Guys picked up a bad injury, posted what seems a pretty heartfelt message on his FB, and the first post after is "get rid not good enough". I'm sorry but that's Neil lennon classless. We're better than that, or should be.

Dunbar Hibee
16-04-2012, 10:58 PM
Surely we couldn't be that unlucky, when was the last time a team lost their number one keeper before a big game and then lost his replacement in another game prior to the big game............................oh wait that sounds familiar all be it wasn't through injuries. :greengrin

:greengrin

Cocaine&Caviar
16-04-2012, 10:58 PM

Thomas Cerny negotiated early release didn't he?

SteveHFC
16-04-2012, 11:00 PM

Would be a decent back up until the end of the season.

Malthibby
16-04-2012, 11:06 PM
Is Maka available?:wink:

SteveHFC
16-04-2012, 11:12 PM
Is Maka available?:wink:

Is Zibi available :greengrin

FitbaFolkKen
16-04-2012, 11:17 PM
Guys picked up a bad injury, posted what seems a pretty heartfelt message on his FB, and the first post after is "get rid not good enough". I'm sorry but that's Neil lennon classless. We're better than that, or should be.

Selective quoting....

"I love the passion that Stack displays, and the emotion in the above quote is palpable."

SRHibs
16-04-2012, 11:21 PM

Look, this thread is about Graham Stack's injury. The post I made was entirely relevant and I think I made it clear that I respect his passion for the club, and am genuinely gutted for the guy. The fact is though, that his injury problems make him both a liability and a burden, and in terms of footballing ability, he's probably not a solid enough keeper to get us where we want to be. You can shoo my post all you want, but I think I'm yet to say anything out of line. I can acknowledge that the timing of my post mightn't have been perfect, but he's not immune to criticism purely because he loves the club.

hibsbollah
16-04-2012, 11:29 PM
Brown will step in and do fine:aok:
Relax everyone.

1875godsgift
16-04-2012, 11:43 PM
Look, this thread is about Graham Stack's injury. The post I made was entirely relevant and I think I made it clear that I respect his passion for the club, and am genuinely gutted for the guy. The fact is though, that his injury problems make him both a liability and a burden, and in terms of footballing ability, he's probably not a solid enough keeper to get us where we want to be. You can shoo my post all you want, but I think I'm yet to say anything out of line. I can acknowledge that the timing of my post mightn't have been perfect, but he's not immune to criticism purely because he loves the club.

Where do we want to be right now? In a Scottish Cup Final? Yes!

Was he good enough to get us there? Yes!

Was your timing *****e? Yes!

:greengrin

Brebners Bookie
17-04-2012, 12:10 AM
Relax everyone.

Yup decent keeper.

Just glad he has 5 games to become part of an improving defence before the big yin.

Jones28
17-04-2012, 12:38 AM

Cynic? Jeezo

KiddA
17-04-2012, 01:55 AM
Now that Stack is out do Hibs need to bring in another keeper? if Brown gets injured we could be in trouble

Thoughts fellow Hibbys

KiddA
17-04-2012, 01:57 AM
Now that Stack is out do Hibs need to bring in another keeper? if Brown gets injured we could be in trouble

Thoughts fellow Hibbys

Bristolhibby
17-04-2012, 06:13 AM
I hear Olafur Gottskallsonn is looking for a club.

J

cad
17-04-2012, 06:25 AM
I think thats Stack's longest run injury free with Hibs since he joined , I wish him a speedy recovery as I would any Hibs player .

As for cynic and his post , guys entitled to his opinion ,maybe no the best time to propose ditching him etc timing may be a bit off putting a dampener on the feel good factor at Easter Road just now but an opinion none the less which I do tend to agree with ,both keepers are much of a muchness didnt bother me which one got the nod .

What I do think is Pat Fenlon will already have looked at all the contracts to see what changes hes going to make next season ,our goalkeepers will definitely be one off those areas ,if it comes to an injury prone keeper on the mend ( with a contract possibly nearing the end ) what would you do ,
opt to stick with Stack , or change it.
Pats going to duck and dive bringing his first Hibs team together next season ,most would agree its going to be a complete overhaul with a fare bit off damage along the way Stacky could well be one of them for obvious reasons its no nice but it is football .

GGTTH

Beefster
17-04-2012, 06:52 AM
Relax everyone.

Indeed. This place is turning into bedwetter central.

17-04-2012, 06:56 AM

Absolutely gutted for him, he was so looking forward to it by the sounds of it. Hopefully Mark Brown can step up now and be a hero!

H18sry
17-04-2012, 07:13 AM

He is injured, Hamilton did not want to pay for his treatment in the States so they released him so he could get it done himself I think.

Caversham Green
17-04-2012, 07:44 AM

Thoughts fellow Hibbys

Is Marian Kello still available? Not a bad keeper, would do as back-up for Brown.

JimBHibees
17-04-2012, 08:58 AM
Really sorry for the guy must be heart breaking. Personally think we need an experienced back up until the end of the season in case something befalls Brown.

blackpoolhibs
17-04-2012, 09:05 AM
Gutted for him. :boo hoo:

Green forever
17-04-2012, 09:38 AM
If it comes to pass that we do need another goalkeeper (whether for injury or suspension etc) then can't see a problem signing someone who was a free agent during the transfer window.

--------
17-04-2012, 10:03 AM

Maybe you guys would like to post a list of all the other 'liabilities' you'd like to see injured before the final?

Just so we field absolutely our strongest team, you understand.

Whether your judgement on Graham's ability is accurate or right off the planet (I tend to think it's the latter), your timing was way off. He's played 35 games this season; he's played as well as any of the keepers in the SPL; he's seen us into the Cup Final. He deserves a lot more than to be written off the way you two wrote him off.

Relax everyone.

Indeed. This place is turning into bedwetter central.

Indeed, indeed. He has time to get some games under his belt before the 19th, and whoever's on the bench will have had the same number of games to get used to the idea.

Remember Nigel Spink? One previous appearance, ten minutes into the 1982 European Cup Final, and Aston Villa's Jimmy Rimmer gets injured. Spink comes on, plays the game of his life, keeps a clean sheet, and Villa beat Bayern Munich 1-0. Des Bremenr was playing for them that night.

Maybe Rod could get the Club Shop to start selling adult diapers for some of our more apprehensive members? :devil:

Twa Cairpets
17-04-2012, 10:07 AM

Your opinion is entirley valid, whether or not I concur with your view. It's the timing of it and the wording you used that to me is classless. This is not being precious or sensitive - I just see no merit whatsoever in using your undeniable right to post whatever you want at this juncture.

SneakersO'Toole
17-04-2012, 10:19 AM
Your opinion is entirley valid, whether or not I concur with your view. It's the timing of it and the wording you used that to me is classless. This is not being precious or sensitive - I just see no merit whatsoever in using your undeniable right to post whatever you want at this juncture.

Spot on.

Stack isn't the perfect keeper by any stretch and does make mistakes but he has had a lot more good games this season than bad. Yesterday was probably one of the hardest days for him in a long time and the least he deserves is some credit for what he has done for us this season thus far. If some posters think otherwise then fine, but keep it to yourself rather than lambast the guy when he has played a positive role in getting us to the cup final.

That said, Cynic has admitted his timing on this was poor so fairs fair IMO.

As an aside, Brown is a more than adequate replacement and if we are being honest, the best possible time for Stack to get injured if it were the case would be 5 weeks before the final to allow his replacement sufficient time to get up to speed for what will be the biggest game in Hibernian FC history.

Stack's injury is a blow to the player and the club, but it ain't going to stop us beating our horrible neighbours on May 19th. GGTTH.

LeithBoozy
17-04-2012, 10:25 AM
Gutted for you Graham, just for once you would think we could play our strongest team against Hearts in the SC Final, but no far to much to ask. The position we are in the league means we will not be able to rest any of our best players, so it would not surprise me in the least If this is just the start.

Phil MaGlass
17-04-2012, 10:33 AM
And so the injuries begin, hope tae hell its not going to be like the last semi against hertz.
Gutted for the guy though.
I wont comment on ability at the moment.

SRHibs
17-04-2012, 10:43 AM

I wasn't simply exercising my undeniable right. The timing of my post wasn't intentional - I came into the thread having read only the thread title, which I assume had been edited to update it (something I hadn't realised initially). Even then, I don't see the big issue, and it does look like you're being overly sensitive about this, IMHO. This is a fruitless argument though, so if an admin wants to delete the 'offending' post to stop all this crap, then feel free.

Maybe you guys would like to post a list of all the other 'liabilities' you'd like to see injured before the final?

Just so we field absolutely our strongest team, you understand.

Whether your judgement on Graham's ability is accurate or right off the planet (I tend to think it's the latter), your timing was way off. He's played 35 games this season; he's played as well as any of the keepers in the SPL; he's seen us into the Cup Final. He deserves a lot more than to be written off the way you two wrote him off.

Calm down there. Why are you inferring that I'm happy to see him injured? There isn't much between Stack and Brown, so I'd be happy to see either play in the final, for now. I hope there's a new man between the sticks when next season commences though.

--------
17-04-2012, 11:00 AM
Gutted for you Graham, just for once you would think we could play our strongest team against Hearts in the SC Final, but no far to much to ask. The position we are in the league means we will not be able to rest any of our best players, so it would not surprise me in the least If this is just the start.

And so the injuries begin, hope tae hell its not going to be like the last semi against hertz.
Gutted for the guy though.
I wont comment on ability at the moment.

GUYS! :rolleyes:

What's next? Arthur's Seat erupts back to life and ER's buried in molten lava? Earthquake at East Mains swallows up the entire first-team squad? Team bus disappears into the Twilight Zone on the way to Inverness?

Very hard on Graham Stack, but Mark Brown will do fine.

SMILE! :flag:

--------
17-04-2012, 11:04 AM
I wasn't simply exercising my undeniable right. The timing of my post wasn't intentional - I came into the thread having read only the thread title, which I assume had been edited to update it (something I hadn't realised initially). Even then, I don't see the big issue, and it does look like you're being overly sensitive about this, IMHO. This is a fruitless argument though, so if an admin wants to delete the 'offending' post to stop all this crap, then feel free.

No. The news is that the goalie who's played all through the Cup and for most of the League campaign is out and missing the Final because of a torn muscle, he's obviously very upset at missing out on what would have been the biggest game of his career, and YOUR reaction is "time to get rid".

If the supporters expect the players to give 100% for the team, then the supporters need to show a wee bit loyalty and concern for the players in return. Not write them off at the slightest opportunity.

SRHibs
17-04-2012, 11:07 AM
No. The news is that the goalie who's played all through the Cup and for most of the League campaign is out and missing the Final because of a torn muscle, he's obviously very upset at missing out on what would have been the biggest game of his career, and YOUR reaction is "time to get rid".

If the supporters expect the players to give 100% for the team, then the supporters need to show a wee bit loyalty and concern for the players in return. Not write them off at the slightest opportunity.

That wasn't my sole reaction. As I already said, I DO feel for him, and the timing of my post wasn't ideal, neither was it intentional. Hibs.net wouldn't be Hibs.net if someone didn't have to completely sensationalise things though, would it?

--------
17-04-2012, 11:20 AM
That wasn't my sole reaction. As I already said, I DO feel for him, and the timing of my post wasn't ideal, neither was it intentional. Hibs.net wouldn't be Hibs.net if someone didn't have to completely sensationalise things though, would it?

"Wasn't ideal"? That's one way of putting it.

"Crass and tactless" would be where I would start to describe it.

And no, I'm not 'sensationalising' anything. We have an amazing talent for giving everything that happens at Hibs a totally negative spin. Not just negative - nasty. "Time to get rid" - in the circumstances - was nasty.

SRHibs
17-04-2012, 11:38 AM
"Wasn't ideal"? That's one way of putting it.

"Crass and tactless" would be where I would start to describe it.

And no, I'm not 'sensationalising' anything. We have an amazing talent for giving everything that happens at Hibs a totally negative spin. Not just negative - nasty. "Time to get rid" - in the circumstances - was nasty.

What am I giving a negative spin exactly? The fact that we're in a final? Again, you've completely ceased to mention the fact that I've acknowledged that it's terrible for the guy, and I've emphasised that I'm gutted for him. My wording might've been a bit blunt initally, but I still agree with the sentiment of my post. And as I've said countless times already, the timing wasn't intentional - I hadn't realised it had been merely 10 minutes since his injury was announced. It wasn't nasty, it was just an off the cuff remark. Jesus Christ...

--------
17-04-2012, 05:20 PM
What am I giving a negative spin exactly? The fact that we're in a final? Again, you've completely ceased to mention the fact that I've acknowledged that it's terrible for the guy, and I've emphasised that I'm gutted for him. My wording might've been a bit blunt initally, but I still agree with the sentiment of my post. And as I've said countless times already, the timing wasn't intentional - I hadn't realised it had been merely 10 minutes since his injury was announced. It wasn't nasty, it was just an off the cuff remark. Jesus Christ...

Oh, do you know Him? He's my boss. :greengrin

hopefulhibby
19-04-2012, 12:36 PM

I cant believe the stick that Stack gets all season, i honestly thought he always done his best for the team and he will be really missed in the final, but im sure there will be fans who will find another player to pick on, maybe a young player

RSS Bot
19-04-2012, 01:30 PM
Youth goalkeeper on opportunity

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120419/academy-student-grants-big-break_2262950_2741100)