PDA

View Full Version : Time for us all to unite for the cause....

Captain Trips
15-04-2012, 05:08 PM
....Beat the Jambos.

I am a big critic of the club and many players but I 100% believe the next few weeks are key to us changing our history, I refer to myself as needing to put behind things we cannot change just now and backing what we have now 100%.

1 match away from ulitmate glory or what we experinced in 2006 but worse, we cant have 2006 happen again, yes we can only do so much but we can all play our part.

Cup aside now it is imperative we get clear of relegation asap even more so, I hope we can be in a position to rotate team before final to avoid any injuries etc.

WE CAN DO THIS...............

:pfgwa

LancashireHibby
15-04-2012, 06:44 PM
Completely agree. We've got a month to build a winning mentality from top to bottom. It's amazing how much difference it can make.

GreenCastle
15-04-2012, 06:46 PM
:agree:

SPL survival is still vital and Killie at the weekend with 3 points would help massively.

From now till then I hope no injuries and fans really remain positive.

Tha Cabbage Kid
15-04-2012, 06:48 PM
half the team looked really tired half way through the game. i hope fenlon gets the lad fitter than a butchers dog come the final. :flag:

a fit GOC and SOURS be the difference!

inglisavhibs
15-04-2012, 06:53 PM
half the team looked really tired half way through the game. i hope fenlon gets the lad fitter than a butchers dog come the final. :flag:

a fit GOC and SOURS be the difference!

Fitness is key. A fair few of our players can't get 90 min at the moment. They have a month to get match fitness. Hearts are a step up from Aberdeen so we need players who can bust a gut for 90 min.

Sir David Gray
15-04-2012, 07:44 PM
Totally agree with the OP.

I've been one of the biggest critics as well of what's been going on at the club over the past couple of years but none of that matters for the next few weeks. We have a major chance at not only ending the famous hoodoo but actually doing it in style by beating our biggest rivals. The post mortems and inquiries into what's been going wrong and how we're going to improve for next season can wait until May 20th and beyond.

We need to be professional in our last five league games and ensure SPL safety is confirmed but we need to be together as a club over the next few weeks and all the focus must be on James McPake going up at about 5pm on Saturday May 19th to lift the Scottish Cup trophy.

Even just the thought of that happening makes me feel quite emotional.

HibbyAndy
15-04-2012, 07:46 PM
James McPake Will be lifting the SC Cup at Hampden. FACT.And ill be there.

How can you not want to burst the hoodoo against these losers???..They would have nothing on us forever!!!!!

Viva_Palmeiras
15-04-2012, 07:52 PM
Should we have a poll to ID the biggest critics and see if they can toe the line for a month? ;)

I agree with the OP btw :)

Defo need to keep the eye on the league JJ will be hoping thoughts stray and for a slip up.
Also on fitness I dunno but Soares didnt seem fit or was told to not wander within a certain radius need everybody fit and that includes subs.

Jonnyboy
15-04-2012, 08:51 PM
Spot on Carlsberg :thumbsup:

It'll be interesting to see how many posts this thread gets compared to the average 'he's pish/they're pish' types after games :wink:

jacomo
15-04-2012, 09:18 PM
Spot on Carlsberg :thumbsup:

It'll be interesting to see how many posts this thread gets compared to the average 'he's pish/they're pish' types after games :wink:

Well I'll pitch in with a post then!

No other players will be coming in before the final. There is nothing we can do about the games that have got away this season and the poor decisions. Let's play our part, support the team, and pray for glory!

Jonnyboy
15-04-2012, 09:19 PM
Well I'll pitch in with a post then!

No other players will be coming in before the final. There is nothing we can do about the games that have got away this season and the poor decisions. Let's play our part, support the team, and pray for glory!

Well said that man (he responded because he agrees and in an effort to boost the post count :greengrin)

Lucius Apuleius
16-04-2012, 07:02 AM
Will be interesting to see which poster comes out with "this shower of **** is gonna get ******* humped at the final, absolutely shocking display" the first game we don't win between nnow and then.

frazeHFC
16-04-2012, 07:10 AM
After Saturdays joy, a win on Sunday is vital! Would really lift the players.

frazeHFC
16-04-2012, 07:12 AM
Will be interesting to see which poster comes out with "this shower of **** is gonna get ******* humped at the final, absolutely shocking display" the first game we don't win between nnow and then.

That won't be an issue. We are going to go unbeaten between now and the end of the season.

:flag:

Hainan Hibs
16-04-2012, 07:21 AM
The tables have turned. The very few jambos I am seldom willing to grace my presence with are ****ting themselves. They know that when we win they have NOTHING, zero, zilch, niente over us. It's the end game.

That usual apprehension I get for derbies has gone and I cannot wait for the 19th of May. EVERY one of us has to go to Hampden believing we are going to pull it off.

Over the next five games we have to get fully behind the guys on the pitch. Lets start building the momentum from now so for once it is Hearts going into a derby ****ting themselves, and believe me, they ****ing will be.

McPake is a rock at the back, Stevenson will be getting stuck right intae thum in the middle of the park, and O'Connor and Griffiths are hitting top form just at the right time.

WE ARE bringing this cup home and obtaining all time bragging rights over those ****s:agree:

Pretty Boy
16-04-2012, 07:25 AM
Well said Carlsberg.

Every other issue is irrelevant, well once we are mathematically safe anyway, its now all about the Scottish Cup final.

The players will use the next 5 games to prepare and be ready. Us fans should do the sane, relentless positivity, everyone pulling in the same direction. Losing this game isn't an option and if the club, players and fans all do their bit then we won't.

frazeHFC
16-04-2012, 07:26 AM
The tables have turned. The very few jambos I am seldom willing to grace my presence with are ****ting themselves. They know that when we win they have NOTHING, zero, zilch, niente over us. It's the end game.

That usual apprehension I get for derbies has gone and I cannot wait for the 19th of May. EVERY one of us has to go to Hampden believing we are going to pull it off.

Over the next five games we have to get fully behind the guys on the pitch. Lets start building the momentum from now so for once it is Hearts going into a derby ****ting themselves, and believe me, they ****ing will be.

McPake is a rock at the back, Stevenson will be getting stuck right intae thum in the middle of the park, and O'Connor and Griffiths are hitting top form just at the right time.

WE ARE bringing this cup home and obtaining all time bragging rights over those ****s:agree:

I got shivers reaing that! :flag:

jodjam
16-04-2012, 07:47 AM

I took a few Jambos through to Hampden yesterday. I know it's not a big survey of them but I agree with your comments above. Despite the euphoria they had they are keeking themselves at the thought of us doing it. Their entire song book would be out the window. God i want to beat them so much

matty_f
16-04-2012, 07:50 AM
We are Hibernian F.C.

RiseAbove
16-04-2012, 08:41 AM
:flag:This is a once in a generation opportunity to put right all the wrongs that we have suffered from Hearts over the years, we must put all the negative issues behind for the time being and focus entirely on 19th May, we need to get as many people behind hibs over the coming weeks, wives, partners, mums, dads & grannies and create a massive positive atmosphere for the players & staff at Easter Road, lets paint this town green and white!
:flag:

Beefster
16-04-2012, 08:47 AM
Completely agree. We've got a month to build a winning mentality from top to bottom. It's amazing how much difference it can make.

That starts on here by rooting out the bedwetters and showing the players that we have supreme confidence that they'll roast the pink twats.

half the team looked really tired half way through the game.

Rubbish.

MB62
16-04-2012, 09:10 AM
:top marks to the OP

One of the main complaints from myself was the lack of fight and togetherness that the team seemed to have in the past. I would say over the last few games, that just does not seem to be a problem now, the lads are definitely fighting for each other AND the JERSEY. This is what I/we wanted and this is what they are doing so they deserve every bit of support we can give them. They might not win every game, and maybe even lose one or two, but if they continue to show the same commitment then we should be right behind them.

We have our first cup final on Sunday against Killie. Our aim has to be to be 7 points or more ahead of Dunfy when we play them so that the league issue is put to bed. It also means that in the last game, we can rest some players to avoid injury, we need to be going in to THE cup final with McPake, Hanlon, Osbourne, Sproule, O'Connor and Griffiths all fit and ready to go, and not risk suspension with any stupid straight red cards, which I believe is the only way to now be ruled out of the cup final.

I also think we should all be getting along to support the boys on May 19th and stop this, 'I can't handle it' 'I'm not going to be in the country' nonsense, if we can't handle it, how de we expect the players to handle it?

Let's get right behind the boys from now onwards, they deserve it for their efforts.

BTW, Hibs should also be making the last two games as games to give fans a preferential situation for cup final tickets. Season ticket holders, then club memberships, then two vouchers for the remaining two home games, then general sale.

Edinburgh Green
16-04-2012, 09:34 AM

totally agree, before there game I wanted Celtic to win and was worried about the thought of facing hearts in a final but as soon as the full whistle went, I couldn't stop smiling!....and still haven't stopped smiling. Every dream that i've had of us winning the cup involved beating them!
And you're right about their fans, they r bricking it!!

OxoHibby
16-04-2012, 09:48 AM
....Beat the Jambos.

I am a big critic of the club and many players but I 100% believe the next few weeks are key to us changing our history, I refer to myself as needing to put behind things we cannot change just now and backing what we have now 100%.

1 match away from ulitmate glory or what we experinced in 2006 but worse, we cant have 2006 happen again, yes we can only do so much but we can all play our part.

Cup aside now it is imperative we get clear of relegation asap even more so, I hope we can be in a position to rotate team before final to avoid any injuries etc.

WE CAN DO THIS...............

:pfgwa

Completely agree.
When Fenlon came in he had a huge job to do. I was quietly confident given his experience of winning trophies that he would start to turn Hibs around.
Maybe we are starting to see an upturn, not just the cup but results in the league.
The performances may not have been brilliant but there are signs of improvement and its amazing what a differnec a big result can make to the atmosphere and attitude.
Now for the big push to the final.

MB62
16-04-2012, 01:41 PM
bump

hibsbollah
16-04-2012, 01:48 PM
This place needs to be like North Korea under Kim Il Sung. An ideology of self-Reliance,unswerving devotion to the Dear Leader,and a scary arsenal of powerful weapons aimed at our hated neighbours to the south and west. And no nasty threads about that nice Lewis Stevenson either...

MB62
16-04-2012, 02:37 PM
This place needs to be like North Korea under Kim Il Sung. An ideology of self-Reliance,unswerving devotion to the Dear Leader,and a scary arsenal of powerful weapons aimed at our hated neighbours to the south and west. And no nasty threads about that nice Lewis Stevenson either...

We've given the lads a battering on here this season for some poor performances etc. If we are bold enough to slaughter our own when we think they deserve it, what's wrong with praising their efforts when they also deserve it?
I don't believe anybody wanted or liked slagging off the club or players, it is done through frustration, but hopefully that's behind us, for a while at least, and it's amazing what a bit of support can do to lift moral and confidence, as witnessed on Saturday.

GGTTH

16-04-2012, 03:31 PM
BELIEVE :flag:

EskbankHibby
16-04-2012, 03:45 PM
That starts on here by rooting out the bedwetters and showing the players that we have supreme confidence that they'll roast the pink twats.

Rubbish.

This is the main thing for me i have to say and i don't mean just on here.

We are on the verge of history.

Can't have any negativity, bring the ***** on.

hibsbollah
16-04-2012, 03:46 PM
We've given the lads a battering on here this season for some poor performances etc. If we are bold enough to slaughter our own when we think they deserve it, what's wrong with praising their efforts when they also deserve it?
I don't believe anybody wanted or liked slagging off the club or players, it is done through frustration, but hopefully that's behind us, for a while at least, and it's amazing what a bit of support can do to lift moral and confidence, as witnessed on Saturday.

GGTTH

I think you're mistaking my hyperbole for sarcasm. I genuinely would love it if the bedwetters stopped bedwetting.

hibs0666
16-04-2012, 03:51 PM
If we would see the colour of our future, we must look for it in our present; if we would gaze on the star of our destiny, we must look for it in our hearts.