PDA

View Full Version : Many Thanks & Another Request (SC Final Card Display)

Chuck Rhoades
15-04-2012, 04:32 PM
Firstly, a massive thanks to everyone who either donated last time, helped set up the display and/or held the card up. It looked terrific for our first effort and we now have a taste at how to pull off card displays.

We are in talks at the moment for our display at the Cup Final. This will cover the whole East Stand (making the assumption we will be at this side again).

However, the display is not possible without your donations. I appreciate not everyone is in a financial position where the can donate to such a cause, but every £ really does help.

To make this possible please donate to hibs12thman@hotmail.co.uk via PayPal, face-to-face at the next home game or via bank transfer (PM for details).

We want to take 'Sunshine on Leith' with us to Hampden on the 19th and have a great plan in place! Specifics will be given once the plans are agreed.

Thanks & GGTTH

SneakersO'Toole
15-04-2012, 04:38 PM
You will absolutely be getting a donation from me. The effort, dedication and more importantly end product you produced yesterday was outstanding. Give yourselves a pat on the back.

I know you boys will do us proud and make any attempt Hearts do laughable.

Pretty Boy
15-04-2012, 04:44 PM
Donation from me will be forthcoming shortly.

Sprouleflyer
15-04-2012, 04:50 PM
Have you thought of approaching Hibs to see if they could donate something towards the final display?

This is afterall a very, very special day for all concerne with the club!

Chuck Rhoades
15-04-2012, 04:53 PM
Have you thought of approaching Hibs to see if they could donate something towards the final display?

This is afterall a very, very special day for all concerne with the club!

I don't think the club want to get involved financially with the group.

Between the support and group we should manage to raise enough.

SneakersO'Toole
15-04-2012, 04:56 PM

The club may not but that doesn't mean the players wouldn't be adverse to donating something. Worth a go anyway.

hibee_girl
15-04-2012, 04:58 PM

Maybe if enough of us email them we can change their minds.

Either that or ask the players on twitter, I suggest starting with Ian Murray :greengrin

Thomson1875
15-04-2012, 05:00 PM
The club may not but that doesn't mean the players wouldn't be adverse to donating something. Worth a go anyway.

It would be a good gesture if they did chuck in a few bob each, but that's there choice. Was good of the aberdeen players donating 500 quid to them to do there's.

marinello59
15-04-2012, 05:01 PM

I actually think it's all the better for being an independent fans initiative. I will be donating, it was impressive yesterday. Well done to all involved.

Liam89
15-04-2012, 05:03 PM
I will definitely donate and every hibee in a financially viable position to do so should! :thumbsup::flag:

JHFC
15-04-2012, 05:08 PM
I will be donating in a week or two!

Pretty Boy
15-04-2012, 05:16 PM
Can I suggest hundreds of balloons?

Remember the game at Tynie when we had balloons coming out of the stand and stewards spending ages bursting them whilst treating them like nuclear devices.

Eyrie
15-04-2012, 05:36 PM
Can I suggest hundreds of balloons?
There will be thousands in the away end.

Nakedmanoncrack
15-04-2012, 06:13 PM
Firstly, a massive thanks to everyone who either donated last time, helped set up the display and/or held the card up. It looked terrific for our first effort and we now have a taste at how to pull off card displays.

We are in talks at the moment for our display at the Cup Final. This will cover the whole East Stand (making the assumption we will be at this side again).

However, the display is not possible without your donations. I appreciate not everyone is in a financial position where the can donate to such a cause, but every £ really does help.

To make this possible please donate to hibs12thman@hotmail.co.uk via PayPal, face-to-face at the next home game or via bank transfer (PM for details).

We want to take 'Sunshine on Leith' with us to Hampden on the 19th and have a great plan in place! Specifics will be given once the plans are agreed.

Thanks & GGTTH

And North Stand I would hope?

Chuck Rhoades
16-04-2012, 07:44 AM
Bump.

down-the-slope
16-04-2012, 07:57 AM
I actually think it's all the better for being an independent fans initiative. I will be donating, it was impressive yesterday. Well done to all involved.

Reclaiming FOOTBALL - for fans by fans :agree:

However I think the suggestion that a collection box for this be negotiated with club at ticket collection point (shop or TO) is a GREAT idea...as many more will stick a quid in this than can/will donate larger amounts via paypal etc...very easy to get significant amount this way...

HH81
16-04-2012, 08:15 AM
I'll even donate when I get home. Good work guys and Fraze.

Beefster
16-04-2012, 08:28 AM

I don't think that the club should be contributing to it but a donation from the players would be a great gesture. Apparently, the Aberdeen players helped towards their display at the weekend.

Chuck Rhoades
16-04-2012, 08:39 AM
I don't think that the club should be contributing to it but a donation from the players would be a great gesture. Apparently, the Aberdeen players helped towards their display at the weekend.

I have contacted one of the squad and asked if they minded mentioning it during training to the players. Won't hold my breath for a response though.

Also contacted the club about a donation box in the ticket office.

whiskyhibby
16-04-2012, 10:45 AM

I would agree, let's keep it independent for the moment, i will be Donating :-)

Nelly070
16-04-2012, 10:54 AM
Donation will be coming from me too. Well done guys !!

down-the-slope
16-04-2012, 11:43 AM
I have contacted one of the squad and asked if they minded mentioning it during training to the players. Won't hold my breath for a response though.

Also contacted the club about a donation box in the ticket office.

:not worth if they say know make sure we know who toannoy to get it changed...lets hope ther are listning and reading as this will be easiest way to get the most involved and will be an easier sell after all you guys efforts for the semi :flag:

Weir7
16-04-2012, 11:54 AM

Thanks & GGTTH

well done for the semi. Different class.

For the final have you considered - one section green and the next white etc etc. Takes away the need from having to spell HFC. As if people are late in it may loose a bit off the effect.

How do you donate? I clicked on the link and it just goes into sending an email.

Cheers

Chuck Rhoades
16-04-2012, 11:58 AM
well done for the semi. Different class.

For the final have you considered - one section green and the next white etc etc. Takes away the need from having to spell HFC. As if people are late in it may loose a bit off the effect.

How do you donate? I clicked on the link and it just goes into sending an email.

Cheers

You have to do it via PayPal or alternately you can transfer straight into the account.

Display will be 100 times better than Saturday. It's going to look brilliant.

One Day Soon
16-04-2012, 12:09 PM
He's not exaggerating. It will look stunning. I think these guys deserve huge credit for this.

Can I suggest that everyone who reads this thread and thinks its a good idea should also forward the idea/information on to all your own Hibernian contacts?

BR, maybe post a couple of paragraphs people can cut and past to email onward?

Might be an idea to do a 'Blue Peter' totalizer too (for the older among us) so people can see the target and get a sense of reaching it step by step. It also gives you an excuse to bump the thread from time to time.

frazeHFC
16-04-2012, 12:10 PM
I'll even donate when I get home. Good work guys and Fraze.

You bass John :greengrin

If people thought the semi display was good, this will blow your mind! :wink:

Chuck Rhoades
16-04-2012, 12:13 PM
He's not exaggerating. It will look stunning. I think these guys deserve huge credit for this.

Can I suggest that everyone who reads this thread and thinks its a good idea should also forward the idea/information on to all your own Hibernian contacts?

BR, maybe post a couple of paragraphs people can cut and past to email onward?

Might be an idea to do a 'Blue Peter' totalizer too (for the older among us) so people can see the target and get a sense of reaching it step by step. It also gives you an excuse to bump the thread from time to time.

I can keep the total required in the title of the thread or first post. We are still finalising plans and should know costs by the end of the week. Looking likely to be double what we raised last time. Need to sweet talk our supplier!

Greendub
16-04-2012, 12:14 PM
I'll happily make a donation, I love the displays.

Especially if those wee rats don't do one!!

One Day Soon
16-04-2012, 12:16 PM
I can keep the total required in the title of the thread or first post. We are still finalising plans and should know costs by the end of the week. Looking likely to be double what we raised last time. Need to sweet talk our supplier!

Ok, so anyone know a Hibernian supporting stationer?

Greendub
16-04-2012, 12:20 PM
An idea, massive hibs banner in the middle, with 19 on one side and 02 on the other

At The Edge
16-04-2012, 01:05 PM
Also remember if you volunteer to help out on the Friday before the game, you'll get to see what it is:wink:
If we can pull it off and we will, it will be a pretty awesome sight.
the Yams will have nowt as their stadium and support is the best atmosphere in the universe:rolleyes: they couldn't improve on that and putting on displays is beneath them.

:pfgwa

Chuck Rhoades
16-04-2012, 05:24 PM
Thanks to those who chipped in so far.

The_Sauz
16-04-2012, 06:14 PM
Some loose change on the way :wink:

Scouse Hibee
16-04-2012, 06:22 PM
Ok, so anyone know a Hibernian supporting stationer?

A Hibernian supporting printer who has his own business is a friend of mine and could be useful.

Gatecrasher
16-04-2012, 06:29 PM
Will donate later in the week, good work folks :top marks

SlickShoes
16-04-2012, 06:52 PM
I'll give something once payday comes along, great effort at the semi hope we can make it even better at the final and not have confused folk chucking the paper away.

Westie1875
16-04-2012, 07:05 PM
Is this going to cover the North stand as well as the East? Would look really good on camera if it does?

Donation on the way soon! :aok:

Chuck Rhoades
17-04-2012, 08:27 AM
Bump.

Malthibby
17-04-2012, 09:02 AM
Donation sent, looking forward to the show.
GG

seanraff07
17-04-2012, 09:13 AM
This will look the business. Definitely think we can pull it off :agree:

Will completely outdo them as I'm asuming they'll be organising **** all.

Chuck Rhoades
17-04-2012, 09:14 AM
£138 raised so far, very long way to go.

HibeeMassive
17-04-2012, 09:47 AM
Just sent a donation to the cause - good luck with it (but, when do we find out :cb)

Chuck Rhoades
17-04-2012, 09:55 AM
Just sent a donation to the cause - good luck with it (but, when do we find out :cb)

Find out what? The display? If so, we won't be given out full details of it - wouldn't be sensible considering Hearts may do one.

mickki40
17-04-2012, 11:43 AM
bump

Chuck Rhoades
17-04-2012, 02:17 PM
Up to £200 now :aok: £1050 to go:faf:

franks
17-04-2012, 03:54 PM
Read the tread be a movie star for the day and help raise funds for the cup final display. Sounds like a great way to raise some funds.

GreenCastle
17-04-2012, 03:59 PM

Thanks & GGTTH

If you type into Google images TIFO - you can get an idea of many different displays over the years from different teams - some better than others.

I think the design of the display has to be really thought about and ideally kept a secret if possible.

Good luck with it :top marks

Greendub
17-04-2012, 05:02 PM
Also if you type in Choreo's you find some good ones too!

Chuck Rhoades
17-04-2012, 08:09 PM
This design has never been pulled off before. Its unique and will take great skill. Not just one block one colour etc. Pattern. No more shall be said. But trust us, it will be up there with the best.

PiemanP
17-04-2012, 09:18 PM
Great effort on saturday guys :thumbsup:

One thing i would say is i thought the reason aberdeen's looked better (and thats not to say ours didnt look good!) was that they were using bigger bits of card than us - this reduced the gaps between each card and hence made it look more 'as one'.

Also would echo the fact that a slightly darker green would stand out a bit more against any white bits.

Look forward to seeing this final display however!! Great work :agree:

Dinkydoo
17-04-2012, 09:23 PM
Payment will be on the way just after pay day guys. Great effort at the semi final - I still have my green card for some reason! :greengrin

Jonnyboy
17-04-2012, 09:28 PM
Brilliant job for the semi guys :thumbsup: I donated for that but will chip in again for this one. Anything to outdo/upset that manky mob :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
17-04-2012, 09:37 PM
Will donate at ER before or after the Killie game if somebody can confirm the location of a donation box.

:agree:

Scouse Hibee
17-04-2012, 09:43 PM
Call me old fashioned if you like but displays involving holding up bits of card/paper mean absolutely nothing to me especially when I'm holding up a piece of card and can't see what it looks like anyway! Sure I had a look at it on the TV when I got back and thought err not much TBH. I prefer the show of scarves banners and fans singing at a football match to a display any day of the week. Good luck and I hope you manage to pull off whatever spectacular display you have in mind. Better put my tin hat on now I suppose and await the abuse. :greengrin

Hibby70
17-04-2012, 09:57 PM
This design has never been pulled off before. Its unique and will take great skill. Not just one block one colour etc. Pattern. No more shall be said. But trust us, it will be up there with the best.
Its a giant word search isnt it?

mickki40
18-04-2012, 03:34 AM
Great effort on saturday guys :thumbsup:

One thing i would say is i thought the reason aberdeen's looked better (and thats not to say ours didnt look good!) was that they were using bigger bits of card than us - this reduced the gaps between each card and hence made it look more 'as one'.

Also would echo the fact that a slightly darker green would stand out a bit more against any white bits.

Look forward to seeing this final display however!! Great work :agree:

In future A2 card will be used instead of A3 that we used last time.

mickki40
18-04-2012, 03:37 AM
If you type into Google images TIFO - you can get an idea of many different displays over the years from different teams - some better than others.

I think the design of the display has to be really thought about and ideally kept a secret if possible.

Good luck with it :top marks
Thanks for the input... we are familiar with all the stuff y mentioned anyway. But we want ours to be unique. One that no one has ever done before. One that is ours. Anybody can (Hertz) follow popular cultur with Keep Calm t shirts etc, but they were done in 1939. Ours will be better than last time. It is basically planned already I am doing designs now and the mathematics

bingo70
18-04-2012, 06:04 AM
Well done on Saturday, I thought it looked Barry.

I like the fact you're not asking the club for money but a possible wee suggestion for raising money to get round that be to ask the club to match whatever you raise then give that to charity, that way the club are doing there bit and getting involved and people might be more inclined to give money if they feel its going to a charity instead of just to a bunch of fans.

Just a suggestion, good luck though

Pretty Boy
18-04-2012, 07:36 AM

The Hibs tartan? :-)

I'd be massively impressed if you pulled that off.

joe breezy
18-04-2012, 08:05 AM
More fans took part in the Aberdeen end, they've got a better support than Hibs when it comes to singing and stuff

Was glad we scored first or they would have outsung us

I'll donate on payday 26 April

green&left
18-04-2012, 08:10 AM
Get collection buckets on the go. That's how its done by the big boys on the continent.

I'll chuck another few quid via PayPal on payday.

BouncerRoss do you know if telescopic flagpoles are allowed into Hampden..? I know the huns/tims have used them in the past...

mickki40
18-04-2012, 10:37 AM
bump

mickki40
18-04-2012, 10:39 AM
The Hibs tartan? :-)

I'd be massively impressed if you pulled that off.

My head hurts at the thought

mickki40
18-04-2012, 02:09 PM
bump

At The Edge
18-04-2012, 02:45 PM
Get collection buckets on the go. That's how its done by the big boys on the continent.

I'll chuck another few quid via PayPal on payday.

BouncerRoss do you know if telescopic flagpoles are allowed into Hampden..? I know the huns/tims have used them in the past...

we asked this last time for the semi and the answer was no, i know Celtic got them in for the Final against Killie, but our answer was Hampden will not allow any telescopic flag poles into the stadium.

Greendub
18-04-2012, 03:54 PM
Get this topic stickied to the top!

frazeHFC
18-04-2012, 06:59 PM
-

Chuck Rhoades
19-04-2012, 07:40 AM
Bump.

Oh and sticky threads often get ignored, so best to keep on bumping!

Fisherrow_Hibs
19-04-2012, 08:22 AM
Excellent work lads :top marks:flag:, if the final is 100 times better will be some sight, will it cover north/east/south stands?:thumbsup:

Also need to make people more aware of whats happening on the day etc. as a lot of pissed people could wreck efforts?

FH

Chuck Rhoades
19-04-2012, 08:24 AM
Excellent work lads :top marks:flag:, if the final is 100 times better will be some sight, will it cover north/east/south stands?:thumbsup:

Also need to make people more aware of whats happening on the day etc. as a lot of pissed people could wreck efforts?

FH

Club will help advertise everything via website/email.

frazeHFC
19-04-2012, 02:34 PM
If anyone wants to donate at the game on Sunday, drop me a PM. :aok:

frazeHFC
20-04-2012, 10:53 AM
If anyone else wants to donate in person on Sunday i can meet to collect, just drop me a PM. :aok:

mickki40
21-04-2012, 08:27 AM
Bump

mickki40
21-04-2012, 09:50 AM
Bump

bump

givescotlandfreedom
21-04-2012, 11:07 AM
Donation sent :flag:

Gatecrasher
21-04-2012, 11:09 AM
when are you looking to have the cash by?

HibeeDaz6270
21-04-2012, 11:26 AM
Dont have paypal. Send details via pm for bank transfer, and will donate something when i can. Thanks

whiskyhibby
21-04-2012, 12:17 PM
Payment sent :hibees:hibees

mickki40
22-04-2012, 12:24 AM
when are you looking to have the cash by?

1 week before the final

HH81
22-04-2012, 03:44 AM
I'm making a payment to Fraze today :thumbsup:

frazeHFC
22-04-2012, 07:20 AM
Had a good amount of PMs the last few days about handing a donation over today. Much appreciated!
:thumbsup:

Chuck Rhoades
22-04-2012, 07:18 PM
Bump.

Pete
22-04-2012, 08:02 PM
Sorry for being thick but how do you donate electronically? Do you PM me bank account details or a paypal account?

frazeHFC
22-04-2012, 08:11 PM
Thanks to those who donated today, will help a lot with the display. Much appreciated. :thumbsup:

Sorry for being thick but how do you donate electronically? Do you PM me bank account details or a paypal account?

Do you have a paypal account? If so then this is the paypal account to donate too. :aok: hibs12thman@hotmail.co.uk (hibs12thman@hotmail.co.uk)

Ross4356
24-04-2012, 04:04 PM
With the film money, how close are you's to you're target and how did you're meeting go with the club yesterday?

mickki40
25-04-2012, 08:31 AM
With the film money, how close are you's to you're target and how did you're meeting go with the club yesterday?

Target should be achieved with buckets at Dunfy game. Plus excess gets used for other stuff next season as well. Cheers to all who have so far donated.