PDA

View Full Version : Nothing to lose!!! :)

JennaFletcher
15-04-2012, 04:28 PM
I'll put my hands up and admit I wanted Celtic to win today, but now after Hearts have won I'm so geared up for the final.

The way I see it is there is no better way than to end our 110 years of Scottish Cup misery against Hearts in the final, they endlessly taunt us about it and it could come back to bite them mightily on the arse! And we'll be having a right party and laugh if it does end up like that.

We're going into this on the back of quite a few crap derby defeats, Hearts will be very confident. But, as much as some Hearts fans will not wanna admit it, this can change easily. We're also going into this having lost to Hearts in the semis of the cup in 2006, we know what it's like to have the lows in the cup, we're so used to it. We have nothing to lose, they, I reckon, have everything to lose. They'd be totally devastated. I can't wait.

I'm not saying we're certain to win, as you saw from today's semi and yesterday's, just one key moment can change a football game. I was watching the highlights yesterday and about 30 seconds before the Griffith's winner, the Hibs fans looked frustrated and grumpy, the next thing - Leigh scores - and we're elated.

Anything can happen, both teams and fans are gonna be totally up for it, but I reckon Hibs will win. When Iain Murray said a few months ago, that the derby results have been crap but Hearts still need to watch out, it has to change sometime - I instantly thought of the Scottish Cup.

:flag:

lyonhibs
15-04-2012, 04:53 PM
I'll put my hands up and admit I wanted Celtic to win today, but now after Hearts have won I'm so geared up for the final.

The way I see it is there is no better way than to end our 110 years of Scottish Cup misery against Hearts in the final, they endlessly taunt us about it and it could come back to bite them mightily on the arse! And we'll be having a right party and laugh if it does end up like that.

We're going into this on the back of quite a few crap derby defeats, Hearts will be very confident. But, as much as some Hearts fans will not wanna admit it, this can change easily. We're also going into this having lost to Hearts in the semis of the cup in 2006, we know what it's like to have the lows in the cup, we're so used to it. We have nothing to lose, they, I reckon, have everything to lose. They'd be totally devastated. I can't wait.

I'm not saying we're certain to win, as you saw from today's semi and yesterday's, just one key moment can change a football game. I was watching the highlights yesterday and about 30 seconds before the Griffith's winner, the Hibs fans looked frustrated and grumpy, the next thing - Leigh scores - and we're elated.

Anything can happen, both teams and fans are gonna be totally up for it, but I reckon Hibs will win. When Iain Murray said a few months ago, that the derby results have been crap but Hearts still need to watch out, it has to change sometime - I instantly thought of the Scottish Cup.

:flag:

This is one of these fallacies that is going to do the rounds on here in the next few weeks. We have an all too rare Scottish Cup Final to lose. That's certainly "something" in my book. I don't for a minute think we will lose it, and I hope an aura of confidence permeates the Hibs fans and team before the final, but all this "we've nothing to lose, if we lose hey ho it's just another year" stuff is sort of pre-emptive, false, emotional protectionisim. If we were to lose, I'd be gutted, because it might be another 11 years until we next get to a SC Final.

Jay
15-04-2012, 04:57 PM
Dont think it would be better to lose to Celtic ,think it will be better to beat Hearts.

HibeeMG
15-04-2012, 05:01 PM
This is one of these fallacies that is going to do the rounds on here in the next few weeks. We have an all too rare Scottish Cup Final to lose. That's certainly "something" in my book. I don't for a minute think we will lose it, and I hope an aura of confidence permeates the Hibs fans and team before the final, but all this "we've nothing to lose, if we lose hey ho it's just another year" stuff is sort of pre-emptive, false, emotional protectionisim. If we were to lose, I'd be gutted, because it might be another 11 years until we next get to a SC Final.

It'll also be the first final we've played against non-OF opposition since 1958. So, some would say, the best chance we've had since then of lifting the cup.

Gatecrasher
15-04-2012, 05:05 PM
I wasn't bothered who we got during the game and for a little while after i kind of wished it was Celtic, however this is a once in a lifetime match and if we win it will be the greatest game in our history. If we lose take it on the chin and be back next season GGTTH

Craig_in_Prague
15-04-2012, 05:07 PM
Not living in Edin or even the UK makes it a bit easier to say bring them on. However I'll admit I'm kinda crapping it... Nonetheless I think we can win and we have a captain in McPake that oozes class and confidence. Like him, lets puff out our chests and go for it. Even if the worse happens, I'm proud to be a hibee and not a classless yam.
GGTTH

JennaFletcher
15-04-2012, 05:15 PM

I appreciate your opinion, but how could my post be considered false? 110 years have gone by and we're still a football club with memorable highs (and a lot of lows too!) The Cup would be excellent, and winning against our rivals would be the ultimate cherry on top (or F*** YOU to Hearts, if you prefer!)

I don't know how I'd react if we lost (no one will know the true extent until we are there) but obviously I'd be gutted, however, I reckon that Hearts would be devastated having won so many derbies recently and having dumped us out the cup in the semis of 06.

greenlex
15-04-2012, 05:27 PM
We have nothing to losr. The season was/is about beating the drop. The cup final is a bonus and what a bonus this would be. We lose and its almost business as usual. They lose and it will be such a GIRFUY. Bring it on. Their fans and players will be crapping it much more tham ours. I will need medication though.

scoopyboy
15-04-2012, 05:29 PM
I was wanting Celtic to win as well today but now that Hearts are through I think my attitude was wrong.

In my time I have seen Hibs in the final in three different seasons.

In 1972 we were slaughtered 6-1 by an excellent Celtic team that had been beaten in the European Cup Final two years earlier and had won it five years earlier. They were on their 9 in a row run.

In 1979 we were edged out by a decent Rangers team after three games.

In 2001 we were comfortably beaten by another excellent Celtic team.

On this occasion we are playing a non Old Firm team for the first time in my lifetime. We are not even up against a great Hearts team.

The final is winnable, I don't think we would have beaten Celtic.

We will be the underdogs but that's the best way with Hibs IMO.

I would rather see a Hibs / Hearts final than an Aberdeen / Celtic one.

If we lose then I will have known Hearts winning the Scottish Cup a third time, I will survive it as will Hibs.

However there is not one of them alive who have seen us win it and trust me they are terrified at the prospect.

GGTTH.

lyonhibs
15-04-2012, 05:44 PM
I appreciate your opinion, but how could my post be considered false? 110 years have gone by and we're still a football club with memorable highs (and a lot of lows too!) The Cup would be excellent, and winning against our rivals would be the ultimate cherry on top (or F*** YOU to Hearts, if you prefer!)

I don't know how I'd react if we lost (no one will know the true extent until we are there) but obviously I'd be gutted, however, I reckon that Hearts would be devastated having won so many derbies recently and having dumped us out the cup in the semis of 06.

Apologies, I should have said that's purely my opinion. It's almost like people are convincing themselves that we have "nothing to lose" and that how we'd feel after losing wouldn't be as bad as how the Jambos would feel so that if - in the worst case scenario - we do lose, they are somehow mentally prepared for it.

I don't think any sort of "contingency plan" should be entering our pysche as a support. 100% belief that we can win it it's what required, with no thought given to how much worse it would be Hearts if they lost vs us losing (or similar).

If we lose, well, I'll deal with that if it comes to it. What's for sure is that we do, very much, have something to lose in this match.

Wembley67
15-04-2012, 05:49 PM
I love you jenna

ALF TUPPER
15-04-2012, 05:53 PM
Simply ....... the biggest game of my life.
:agree:

Aldo
15-04-2012, 06:10 PM
I have quite a few Yam friends (and yes I have friends) the majority are cracking themselves just like a few of us.

There is one person in particular and wears Romanov tinted specs most of the time. She is of the opinion that they have already won the cup and has been celebrating the result all day.

She text me to say

Heay Aldo... How you going to live with yourself when we put another 4 past you on the 19th May. There will be only 1 winner and for me the maroon ribbons are already on the cup.

Another derby day defeat beckons

Arrogant boot. For this I will gladly not rise to any bait and wait for my moment.

haagsehibby
15-04-2012, 06:14 PM
All I ask is that the players turn up and compete. If we are beaten on the day by a better team then so be it. But to go to a game such as this and walk off knowing that you had not given your absolute all would be unacceptable. C'mon Pat and the lads make us proud!!

billbee
15-04-2012, 06:41 PM
Our names on this cup - how? I sat yesterday in D1 at Hampden near the Aberdeen supporters, I was praying we get Hertz, I couldnt handle Smeltic in the final, simply their fans, if they went a goal up the soap dodgers would all go mental and we would crumble as we usually do against them! I believe against the Yams our support will carry our boys through to lift the cup, we can get into practise now and get right behind them, our support is brilliant when we are on the up, When we win this cup Hibs will climb back to where they should be, new investments in the team, new players, fuller stadium - I really belive we will do it Im so excited - Mon The Hibs

:flag::flag::flag::pfgwa

:agree:

JennaFletcher
15-04-2012, 09:11 PM
I have quite a few Yam friends (and yes I have friends) the majority are cracking themselves just like a few of us.

There is one person in particular and wears Romanov tinted specs most of the time. She is of the opinion that they have already won the cup and has been celebrating the result all day.

She text me to say

Heay Aldo... How you going to live with yourself when we put another 4 past you on the 19th May. There will be only 1 winner and for me the maroon ribbons are already on the cup.

Arrogant boot. For this I will gladly not rise to any bait and wait for my moment.

:faf:

Jonnyboy
15-04-2012, 09:14 PM

She text me to say

I think you should use that boot to kick her into touch :greengrin