PDA

View Full Version : Lennon at it AGAIN

Bobby's Cinema
15-04-2012, 04:14 PM
On the park at the full time whistle pointing and abusing the referee right in his face.

Latest outburst: Neil Lennon ‏ @OfficialNeil (https://twitter.com/#!/OfficialNeil)
"Referee told players he thought Wanyama handled...feel so sorry for players and fans..I think it's personal myself"

As a follow on from his comments after the League Cup final which also went unpunished:
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/celtic/2012/03/28/revealed-sfa-compliance-officer-has-written-to-celtic-manager-neil-lennon-three-times-in-a-week-86908-23805072/

and again at Ibrox: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17517371

Yet to hear his post match interview from today.

There is no end to what he can get away with it seems. GIRUY :na na:

blackpoolhibs
15-04-2012, 04:17 PM
Although he's strangely quiet on their offside goal. :confused:

Bobby's Cinema
15-04-2012, 04:24 PM
:agree: Indeed

Wotherspiniesta
15-04-2012, 04:24 PM
He's a classless prick. As per usual.

But can you imagine how we'd be if Hearts got a last minute penalty against us like that in the final?

Dinkydoo
15-04-2012, 04:26 PM
The man is a total fud.

Regardless of what he's achieved - which compared with past Celtic managers, is actually pretty crap - i'd be embarrassed to have someone like that as our Manager.

15-04-2012, 04:28 PM

Exactly. He is an un gracious, moaning faced, bad looser. Can never accept defeat in a dignified, mature manner.

Glad him and his arrogant team are out, they were so convinced they were going to be treble winners haha!

hibee_girl
15-04-2012, 04:29 PM
He's such a bitter little man, it almost makes you glad Hearts beat them! :agree:

Hibs7
15-04-2012, 04:30 PM
I agree he is an @rse, but this time I think he was justified, it was never a penalty and as the ref gave Herts that one he should have done the same a few minutes later in the Herts box, Billy Brown got it right saying to do away with any misunderstanding ..... if the ball hits a players arm in the box it is a penalty no arguement no discussion and the only fair way.

Part/Time Supporter
15-04-2012, 04:30 PM
One of the few things that Huns say that is broadly accurate is Celtic are "always cheated, never defeated" (fairly).

The poor performances of the clear majority of the Celtic players had a lot more to do with them losing today than anything the referee did.

The_Todd
15-04-2012, 04:31 PM
The man is a total fud.

Regardless of what he's achieved - which compared with past Celtic managers, is actually pretty crap - i'd be embarrassed to have someone like that as our Manager.

He's achieved nothing other than winning a one horse race, even I could have managed Celtic to the league title this season.

Eyrie
15-04-2012, 05:25 PM
I checked the live update on the BBC website just in time to read that Hearts had got a late penalty and my immediate reaction, even quicker than "oh bleep", was that the Ginger Whinger would complain about the decision.

Pretty Boy
15-04-2012, 05:29 PM
It was never a penalty but then I've yet to hear him mention that Hoopers goal was well offside.

**** Celtic. It's Edinburghs turn to take centre stage and nothing should detract from that, especially not another post mortem after Celtic were 'cheated'.

lobster
15-04-2012, 05:30 PM
The Guardian has reported that he has tweeted something about it being a personal vendetta against him or words to that effects -pretty much sums up Celtic these days.
Glad Hearts beat them sets up a great final

LeithBoozy
15-04-2012, 05:45 PM
Even although paw Brown was well gutted at falling at the semi-final stage, Lennon could learn a lot from him in how to handle a sore defeat with a bit class and dignity.

Hibs Class
15-04-2012, 06:12 PM
Even although paw Brown was well gutted at falling at the semi-final stage, Lennon could learn a lot from him in how to handle a sore defeat with a bit class and dignity.

I'm not a fan of Brown but he went up in my estimation yesterday in his post match interview. Lennon was already at rock bottom but has consolidated his position as classless trash who loves to play the victim.

SneakersO'Toole
15-04-2012, 06:39 PM
And he wonders why people take such a dislike to him? Not an ounce of humility is his body. FUD!

jane_says
15-04-2012, 06:50 PM

See someone tweeted him saying the goal was offside so it evened itself out, his reply was 'no he was not'
the lad then wrote back he was half a yard offside and he replied again with 'no he was not'

Classless fud who can't accept his team are serial bottlers.

Hibernia&Alba
15-04-2012, 06:53 PM
Wanyama handled? Surely the penalty was given against Ledley, which was a poor call? Didn't see Wanyama handle it.

Pretty Boy
15-04-2012, 06:55 PM
Will be devoted to the fact its an Edinburgh Derby final?

And how many to Celtcs woes and Lennons nonsense?

My moneys on the latter getting more.

Part/Time Supporter
15-04-2012, 06:57 PM
Wanyama handled? Surely the penalty was given against Ledley, which was a poor call? Didn't see Wanyama handle it.

Celtic's gripe is that allegedly the referee said to their players that Wanyama had handled the ball. They obviously thought the handball was given (against Ledley) for the initial block.

The footage suggests that Wanyama controlled the ball with his arm after it had been blocked by Ledley. It definitely looks like a better shout for a penalty than the initial block.

http://i44.tinypic.com/33lkq5k.gif

hibbydog
15-04-2012, 06:58 PM

Well said

SkintHibby
15-04-2012, 07:01 PM
Celtic fans would have anyone believe Lennon is disliked because he is an ugly, ginger catholic.

Truth is, it's because he's a pr1ck of a man.:agree:

PaulSmith
15-04-2012, 07:03 PM
Will be devoted to the fact its an Edinburgh Derby final?

And how many to Celtcs woes and Lennons nonsense?

My moneys on the latter getting more.

There will be some about Lennon but the coverage that this game gets will be on a scale never seen before.

It will be incredible from now up to the game

Sir David Gray
15-04-2012, 07:04 PM
Haven't seen any of the goals from today's match yet but those comments from Lennon just sum him and Celtic up perfectly.

If it had been any other team apart from Hearts who had benefitted today, I would be delighted at today's outcome.

Dashing Bob S
15-04-2012, 07:06 PM
Lennon's trying to deflect attention from the fact that he probably is the crappest manager in the history of Celtic. Despite the Huns being hamstrung financially for a few seasons, he's needed the administrator to wrest the title from them.

His team of millionaires have been grubbed in big Hampden games by Ross County, Kilmarnock and Hearts.

It's utterly ludicrous that Celtic fans, blinded by sectarian-based partisanship, try and talk up this serial loser as a 'legend' and the new Jock Stein. The only legendary about him is his managerial incompetence and complete lack of grace when his team's shortcomings are exposed on the football field.

I've heard it said that he's a very nice guy in real life, and he obviously has a tremendous amount of personal courage to come through the nonsense he has had to endure, so I'm not knocking him as a person. But as a manager, he's Colin Calderwood awful, and I suspect he knows it and that's what the vitriol is all about.

Onion
15-04-2012, 07:06 PM
He's a classless prick. As per usual.

But can you imagine how we'd be if Hearts got a last minute penalty against us like that in the final?

It was a crass decision by the ref in the 89th minute. There was no way it was hand to ball and in giving it he knew he was handing the match to the Yams. Under the circa, I can fully understand Lennon's furious reaction. I would be devastated if that was against Hibs in such an important match.

The ref should be demoted, but his perf is so in line with the other numpties we have, who would notice ?

Onion
15-04-2012, 07:08 PM
Lennon's trying to deflect attention from the fact that he probably is the crappest manager in the history of Celtic. Despite the Huns being hamstrung financially for a few seasons, he's needed the administrator to wrest the title from them.

His team of millionaires have been grubbed in big Hampden games by Ross County, Kilmarnock and Hearts.

It's utterly ludicrous that Celtic fans, blinded by sectarian-based partisanship, try and talk up this serial loser as a 'legend' and the new Jock Stein. The only legendary about him is his managerial incompetence and complete lack of grace when his team's shortcomings are exposed on the football field.

I've heard it said that he's a very nice guy in real life, and he obviously has a tremendous amount of personal courage to come through the nonsense he has had to endure, so I'm not knocking him as a person. But as a manager, he's Colin Calderwood awful, and I suspect he knows it and that's what the vitriol is all about.

Agree with all of this, but it was still a terrible decision by the ref that decided the match.

Hibernia&Alba
15-04-2012, 07:14 PM
Dashing Bob - Who on earth calls that wee ned the new Jock Stein? Big Jock had more brains in his toe nail clippings than Lennon has in his heid! Is that what Celtc fans call him?

Haymaker
15-04-2012, 07:16 PM
Guys a ****.

Biggie
15-04-2012, 07:37 PM
He's celtc minded dont ya know.....

Winston Ingram
15-04-2012, 08:10 PM

Not that quiet. He's clearly blind

Andrew McCart ‏ @mccart3204 · Open
@OfficialNeil hoopers goal was offside so it evened it self out you ****ing muppet #****
3h
Neil Lennon ‏ @OfficialNeil · Open
@mccart3204 no he was not

3h Andrew McCart ‏ @mccart3204 · Open
@OfficialNeil he was half a yard offside. If anything Forster had more to do in the game than McDonald. Always cheated never defeated..

Neil Lennon ‏ @OfficialNeil Close
@mccart3204 no he was not and don't talk clap trap

NORTHERNHIBBY
15-04-2012, 08:13 PM
Right now, he is Celtc distilled into one person. Celtc fans never took to WGS because he he didn't care too much for the non football guff. As Celtc become more and more the establishment club, backed by big business men, we will get a lot more of this tripe.

jonty
15-04-2012, 08:16 PM
He shook sergios hand then started pushing him away. What was that about. Ungracious prick.

Biggie
15-04-2012, 08:18 PM
To be fair it looked like sergio wanted a cuddle...I'd tell him to bolt anaw

Jonnyboy
15-04-2012, 08:23 PM
Have said this before. I think he'll walk (but presumably not alone :greengrin) at the end of the season. He's not cut out for the job, the smellies will turn on him for only winning a one horse race and the authorities will throw the book at him. Cannae see him staying

CallumLaidlaw
15-04-2012, 08:32 PM
I bought an English paper in Manchester and had to make do with a little column down one edge of a page about the match. So when I got to Gretna and bought a Sunday Mail, was delighted to see 8 pages given to a non old firm game. Well seeing rangers didn't play yesterday in the league :wink:

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-04-2012, 08:33 PM
Dashing Bob - Who on earth calls that wee ned the new Jock Stein? Big Jock had more brains in his toe nail clippings than Lennon has in his heid! Is that what Celtc fans call him?

I think he said it himself, Craig Burley was taking the pish out of him for saying it in the paper this morning. Cannae remember if the paper that it was in is on the list of papers that are acceptable for .netters to read though!

HoboHarry
15-04-2012, 08:34 PM
Regardless of his personal flaws, it astonishes me more that the Celtic hierarchy want him as the manager. If they truly want to be a worldwide brand in the mould of Manchester United, Barcelona et al then how do they reconcile that with the snarling, ungracious public relations catastrophe that is Neil Lennon? There was a time that given Hibs win few trophies, then I preferred that Celtic triumph over Rangers. Not any more, thanks to Strachan and Lennon I wish only that they would leave the SPL for good and take Rangers with them.

SkintHibby
15-04-2012, 08:35 PM
It actually dawned on me that in the run up to the cup final the Daily Record will have to give blanket coverage to not one, but both Edinburgh clubs.

They cant see further than the bigot bros. How will they cope?:rolleyes:

Bobby's Cinema
15-04-2012, 08:52 PM
Stokes:

"Some ridiculous decisions today, It's getting beyond a joke at this stage. And that's not making excuses just saying it as it is"

Get them aw done for it :aok:

Twa Cairpets
15-04-2012, 09:25 PM
Just had a look at Lennons twitter feed. Absolutely unbelievable.

This first one a re-tweet, so certainly endorsing the sentiment:
@ChrisBarrie75 @OfficialNeil Or pack our bags and get out of this league that is run by crooked #SFA officials. #CelticFamily

Completely denies Hooper is offside

Also winds a hun up

@OfficialNeil @LOYALBEAR21 how did your team fare today....oh wait

Nothing like keeping the tension out of the rivalry.

The man is dangerous, classless, and utterly without any redeeming feature that I can see.

ScottB
15-04-2012, 09:32 PM
This was partly why I'd have favoured Celtic in the final, Lennon has made them a bunch of ill tempered bottle merchants with those crap.

The Ibrox 'Title Party,' the Killie final and today. Bottled the lot.

I suppose all his crap helps cover up that so far this season they've stuttered to a title that they won by default and that's it...

JimBHibees
15-04-2012, 09:33 PM

@ChrisBarrie75 @OfficialNeil Or pack our bags and get out of this league that is run by crooked #SFA officials. #CelticFamily

Also winds a hun up

The man is dangerous, classless, and utterly without any redeeming feature that I can see.

Completely agree absolutely unreal. Personally thought it wasnt a pen however he would have been screaming for it at the other end for sure. His teams goal was offside clearly and actually didnt think the supposed Webster handball was a penalty, personally thought it caught his side rather than hand.

His behaviour at the end was absolutely despicable and showed him for the ned he is.

He cant get away from the fact that his team under his control have blown a number of big games such as Ross County, Killie and Hearts. Today in the second half they were generally outplayed and Hearts could have scored another couple on another day.

coco22
15-04-2012, 09:40 PM
the difference between every other manager in the spl (and every other league that i can think of) and that wee prick is lacking the ability to be dignified. some guys arent cut out for management, he is definitely one of them, far too involved in too many things. sure he was saying 'are you a hun?' to the ref!

LancashireHibby
15-04-2012, 09:44 PM
I honestly thought that Twitter account was someone on the wind up!

They were simply between by the better team today, no excuses.

Phil D. Rolls
15-04-2012, 10:22 PM
This was partly why I'd have favoured Celtic in the final, Lennon has made them a bunch of ill tempered bottle merchants with those crap.

The Ibrox 'Title Party,' the Killie final and today. Bottled the lot.

I suppose all his crap helps cover up that so far this season they've stuttered to a title that they won by default and that's it...

Yep, I thought they would lose the plot. Made too big a deal of winning the title so early and acting big headed.

You've got to wonder what the psychological impact of Rangers demise has had on them. They feel like they don't have competitors.

Dashing Bob S
15-04-2012, 10:35 PM
Yep, I thought they would lose the plot. Made too big a deal of winning the title so early and acting big headed.

You've got to wonder what the psychological impact of Rangers demise has had on them. They feel like they don't have competitors.

I think this is a key factor. Underneath the bravado of it all, and the jokes from their fans, I sense that they are terrified. Totally lost without each other to feed off. It was the same back in the Murray-Souness days, when Rangers started to fear that Celtic would never be strong enough to hold up their end of the OF double act.

hibee_girl
15-04-2012, 10:35 PM

Also winds a hun up

If you didn't know better you'd be convinced that twitter account was a fake one, the man has lost the plot!

cabbageandribs1875
15-04-2012, 11:20 PM
i have to say lennon really is a cardiac arrest just waiting to happen, nowt wrong in having passion for the game but when i see his face contorted with sheer hatred and anger it's really not nice to see, cant be bothered with all the 'wee ginger this, and wee ginger that' immature p@sh, but he really should not be a football manager especially at such a high-profile goldfish bowl that is the old firm, he takes passion to new(and unsightly) extremes

Sammy7nil
15-04-2012, 11:47 PM
I honestly thought that Twitter account was someone on the wind up!

They were simply between by the better team today, no excuses.

As much as I dislike Lennon
70 - 30 possession 1st half and 60 - 40 overall for Celtic
Hearts keeper many peoples man of the match and Ki missing two headers that were easier to score say Celtic may not have been at their best but on another day they could have scored 4 or 5 :confused:

does not alter the fact Lennon is a classless bully shouting in the refs face on the park he could have sparked big trouble.

HoboHarry
16-04-2012, 12:52 AM
Look at the anger etched in the lunatics face

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-premier (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-premier)

Part/Time Supporter
16-04-2012, 06:34 AM
As much as I dislike Lennon
70 - 30 possession 1st half and 60 - 40 overall for Celtic
Hearts keeper many peoples man of the match and Ki missing two headers that were easier to score say Celtic may not have been at their best but on another day they could have scored 4 or 5 :confused:

does not alter the fact Lennon is a classless bully shouting in the refs face on the park he could have sparked big trouble.

70-30 at h/t and 60-40 at f/t means the second half was 50/50 and of that possession in the second half, Hearts had a lot in dangerous areas. They should have scored a second goal on the counter attack before Celtic equalised. Celtic's major failing was not making their easy superiority (because Hearts yielded the ball and territory) in the first half count. There was not enough pace or width in their play until the young winger came on with 10-15 minutes to go. Lennon made a hash of that tactically.

Barney McGrew
16-04-2012, 06:41 AM
Lennon made a hash of that tactically.

:agree:, and not for the first time.

You have to hand it to him though - he's been very clever. The constant finger pointing at referees keeps the Celtic fans onside through their ridiculous conspiracy theories and stops them realising that when all is said and done, he's actually not a very good manager.

The Falcon
16-04-2012, 06:51 AM
I know this is a Neil Lennon thread but in the interests of paranoid parity has anyone at Hearts commented on a GFA/Monkey media conspiracy regarding getting a dodgy penalty against Celtic in Glasgow and Beattie not being booked for removing his shirt which would have put him out the final?

twiceinathens
16-04-2012, 06:55 AM
Surely if the ref had correctly disallowed Celtic's equaliser then what is being disputed is whether Hearts won 1-0 or 2-0?
But then of course in his delusional world:paranoid: he believes (1) The goal was not offside. (2) Hearts should not have had a penalty (3) Celtic should have had a penalty. Therefore Celtic really won 2-1.
As an aside I can't believe I'm actually supporting a pro Hearts decision. Just shows how ridiculous I find the little whinger!

dirtydirk
16-04-2012, 06:55 AM
With celtics last 2 games at hampden it's all been about how bad the referee was etc etc. If I was a Celtic fan I would be more concerned about the fact my team has struggled against relatively poor teams than blaming the ref.

The Falcon
16-04-2012, 06:57 AM

You have to hand it to him though - he's been very clever. The constant finger pointing at referees keeps the Celtic fans onside through their ridiculous conspiracy theories and stops them realising that when all is said and done, he's actually not a very good manager.

Agree totally.

I actually thought last year when McBride was trying to play some sort of ani-catholic card they were trying to work their ticket to England that way.

Barney McGrew
16-04-2012, 07:11 AM
With celtics last 2 games at hampden it's all been about how bad the referee was etc etc. If I was a Celtic fan I would be more concerned about the fact my team has struggled against relatively poor teams than blaming the ref.

If you look at his record, it's actually pretty poor. Two trophies out of the seven he could have won, and most of this season against a Rangers team in total turmoil. He's lost at Hampden to Ross County, Rangers, Killie and Hertz and seen his team crash out of Europe with a whimper two times in a row. Even with a chance to win the league at Ibrox for the first time in donkeys, his team bottled it.

If he wasn't so 'Celtc minded' he'd have been out the door a long time ago.

Holmesdale Hibs
16-04-2012, 07:24 AM
I know this is a Neil Lennon thread but in the interests of paranoid parity has anyone at Hearts commented on a GFA/Monkey media conspiracy regarding getting a dodgy penalty against Celtic in Glasgow and Beattie not being booked for removing his shirt which would have put him out the final?

I thought Beattie was booked? Would be good if he missed the final.

Lennon is an utter twat but he's only confirming what we knew 10yrs ago when he was a player.

For a team that get the amount of dodgy decisions that Celtic to to then moan about referees is astounding. I hope they get pumped in Europe by the most offside handball goal ever scored.

CentreLine
16-04-2012, 08:46 AM

The ref had the choice of two hand-balls in the same incident. Wanyama was the second but less obvious of the two. The ball came straight off the arm of Ledley and bounced up on to Wanyama's right hand. You just have to ask Lennon how many hands does a ball need to strike before the ref is justified in calling a penalty?

TV evidence suggests there was no hand ball in the Webster incident and of course the Celtic goal was offside. Yes Mr Lennon, I think it is personal too. Every game sees decisions go in favour of the OF. Rarelythey go against.

Killiehibbie
16-04-2012, 08:58 AM
I know this is a Neil Lennon thread but in the interests of paranoid parity has anyone at Hearts commented on a GFA/Monkey media conspiracy regarding getting a dodgy penalty against Celtic in Glasgow and Beattie not being booked for removing his shirt which would have put him out the final?Beattie was booked.

blackpoolhibs
16-04-2012, 09:06 AM
Beattie was booked.

Yes he was, but 2 offences took place and a red card should have followed.

johnrebus
16-04-2012, 09:24 AM
i have to say lennon really is a cardiac arrest just waiting to happen, nowt wrong in having passion for the game but when i see his face contorted with sheer hatred and anger it's really not nice to see, cant be bothered with all the 'wee ginger this, and wee ginger that' immature p@sh, but he really should not be a football manager especially at such a high-profile goldfish bowl that is the old firm, he takes passion to new(and unsightly) extremes

It is obvious that Neil Lennon does not have what it takes to manage at this level, and I don't understand why he continues to put his family through all of this.

No one would blame if he walked away. What he has gone through in the last year or so completely transcends football.

Mind you, if he does walk, is it to early for Celtic to look at another small Irishman?

:cb

The Falcon
16-04-2012, 09:30 AM
I thought Beattie was booked? Would be good if he missed the final.

Beattie was booked.

:blushie::offski:

I'm with Blackpool!

silverhibee
16-04-2012, 12:51 PM

Just watched the clip again and as he approaches the ref it does look like if he asks the ref " are you a hun " get the lip readers in to see what he has said to the ref, and if he did say that then there is only one punishment for him.

A dawn raid on his house by twenty police officers, charged with offence, court appearance the next day, if he wants to go to trial fair enough, but if found guilty 6 months in tin pale and a football banning order from every football ground in the UK for 10 years, if its good enough for Joe Bloggs then its good enough for him.

Peter Lawlell will no doubt come out today and back his manager. :rolleyes:

silverhibee
16-04-2012, 12:58 PM

:agree:

He also left the field of play which he should have been booked for too.

One for the compliance officer and while he is at it he should have a look at Blacks tackle after a foul had been committed on a celtc player, terrible tackle and should have also resulted in a yellow if not a red.

blackpoolhibs
16-04-2012, 01:23 PM

One for the compliance officer and while he is at it he should have a look at Blacks tackle after a foul had been committed on a celtc player, terrible tackle and should have also resulted in a yellow if not a red.

Exactly, we need to know what his booking was for, then a wee note to the compliance officer asking why no card for the other offence?:confused:

JimBHibees
16-04-2012, 01:35 PM
Just watched the clip again and as he approaches the ref it does look like if he asks the ref " are you a hun " get the lip readers in to see what he has said to the ref, and if he did say that then there is only one punishment for him.

A dawn raid on his house by twenty police officers, charged with offence, court appearance the next day, if he wants to go to trial fair enough, but if found guilty 6 months in tin pale and a football banning order from every football ground in the UK for 10 years, if its good enough for Joe Bloggs then its good enough for him.

Peter Lawlell will no doubt come out today and back his manager. :rolleyes:

I thouhgt he was screaming "are you sure", regarding the penalty decision.

JimBHibees
16-04-2012, 01:36 PM

I think Black got a yellow for that. Just after the Mulgrew tackle?

Aldo
16-04-2012, 01:47 PM
Black was booked but an over the ball studs up challenge that left a number of stud marks in Lesley's shin should be a straight red. The compliance officer cannot do anything as the ref saw it and booked black. If he didn't they the CO may of looked at it.

Twa Cairpets
16-04-2012, 02:01 PM
Black was booked but an over the ball studs up challenge that left a number of stud marks in Lesley's shin should be a straight red. The compliance officer cannot do anything as the ref saw it and booked black. If he didn't they the CO may of looked at it.

The compliance officre also cant do anything about it because it was an SFA not and SPL game, so he has no jurisdiction.

Beatties offence was "over celebration" - it includes under one umbrella the shirt removal, the run behind the goal and the wee run. they arent treated as separate incidents, nor should they be. Personally, I dont think goal celebrations should ever be a booking unless they are directed towards the opposing fans in a infammatory manner, but thems the rules. For what its worth, Hearts player notwithstanding, I thought it was quite funny.

JimBHibees
16-04-2012, 02:32 PM
The compliance officre also cant do anything about it because it was an SFA not and SPL game, so he has no jurisdiction.

Beatties offence was "over celebration" - it includes under one umbrella the shirt removal, the run behind the goal and the wee run. they arent treated as separate incidents, nor should they be. Personally, I dont think goal celebrations should ever be a booking unless they are directed towards the opposing fans in a infammatory manner, but thems the rules. For what its worth, Hearts player notwithstanding, I thought it was quite funny.

The compliance officer punished Sparky after the Cowdenbeath game so he does have jurisdiction in cup ties also.

Agree about the celebration thought it was very good.

Sylar
16-04-2012, 02:42 PM
I thouhgt he was screaming "are you sure", regarding the penalty decision.

That was my thought as well :agree:

NAE NOOKIE
16-04-2012, 05:55 PM
Personal ? ....................... Get a grip ya daftie.

Got to say, if I was a supporter of the lesser Greens I would be more concerned that the manager of my club, having been given a practice run by Kilmarnock a few weeks earlier, was unable to come up with the tactics required to overcome a Yams team playing exactly the same way as Killie did.

After about half an hour he should have realised that he had to try and draw the Yams out. He also took too long to sub Samaras who was having a stinker.

SonOfDavidFrancey
19-04-2012, 04:33 PM
Compare and contrast the undignified, hysterical response of Lennon with this from last night:

"It's football," Guardiola said. "It's not a question about fair or unfair.

"Congratulations to Chelsea. We'd win every game if it all was about possession of the ball because our average is more than our opponents. But the most difficult thing in this game is putting the ball in the net, and that's what we couldn't do this evening. "We have to focus on the next game now and try and create the same number of chances. It won't be simple. They'll have 10 men behind the ball, they'll defend, they're stronger than us, they run, they jump more than us. But we have to try and take the game under control and discover a way of scoring the goals."

Amazing character, amazing response after a game in which the only time Chelsea didn't have 11 behind the ball was when Drogba was rolling on the floor wasting time. 75-25 possession, hatful of missed chances - who is to blame? Only themselves. True sportsmanship.

snooky
19-04-2012, 04:41 PM
Compare and contrast the undignified, hysterical response of Lennon with this from last night:

"It's football," Guardiola said. "It's not a question about fair or unfair.

"Congratulations to Chelsea. We'd win every game if it all was about possession of the ball because our average is more than our opponents. But the most difficult thing in this game is putting the ball in the net, and that's what we couldn't do this evening. "We have to focus on the next game now and try and create the same number of chances. It won't be simple. They'll have 10 men behind the ball, they'll defend, they're stronger than us, they run, they jump more than us. But we have to try and take the game under control and discover a way of scoring the goals."

Amazing character, amazing response after a game in which the only time Chelsea didn't have 11 behind the ball was when Drogba was rolling on the floor wasting time. 75-25 possession, hatful of missed chances - who is to blame? Only themselves. True sportsmanship.

What a "Lennon" of a character he is tae. Can't stand the man.

--------
19-04-2012, 05:44 PM
Celtic's gripe is that allegedly the referee said to their players that Wanyama had handled the ball. They obviously thought the handball was given (against Ledley) for the initial block.

The footage suggests that Wanyama controlled the ball with his arm after it had been blocked by Ledley. It definitely looks like a better shout for a penalty than the initial block.

http://i44.tinypic.com/33lkq5k.gif

I don't know about the contention that Ledley's handling of the ball wasn't a penalty. The ball's heading goalwards, his arm's well out from his body, and the ball is deflected downwards towards the ground. I'd have given that as a penalty, no problem. The second handling offence - Wanyama's - simply compounds the issue and makes the award ironclad, IMO.

I think Lennon now has three, maybe four charges pending with the authorities. Time for a 6-month ban for him, starting from the first weekend of next season.

Hibs7
19-04-2012, 05:52 PM
They should ban Lennon for a season, that is the only way to get through to the idiot.

--------
19-04-2012, 05:55 PM
They should ban Lennon for a season, that is the only way to get through to the idiot.

No argument from me - and make him wear a bag over his head for the rest of his career would seem fair to me?

yeezus.
19-04-2012, 05:55 PM
I use to feel sorry for him... not any more, okay he doesn't deserve bombs in the mail but he should know when to keep his mouth shut - I thought he was going to deck the ref on Sunday.

Also, as I herd that he was winding up Hibs fans in the 0-2 Septic win early on hell mend him.

hibsbollah
19-04-2012, 05:58 PM
I don't know about the contention that Ledley's handling of the ball wasn't a penalty. The ball's heading goalwards, his arm's well out from his body, and the ball is deflected downwards towards the ground. I'd have given that as a penalty, no problem. The second handling offence - Wanyama's - simply compounds the issue and makes the award ironclad, IMO.

I think Lennon now has three, maybe four charges pending with the authorities. Time for a 6-month ban for him, starting from the first weekend of next season.

Agree Doddie. the wording of the law says that the handball must be deliberate for a foul to be given BUT in practice when a ball is goalbound (as the shot was in that instance) you often get them given even if intent isnt obvious. It was a bit soft but definitely not an obviously WRONG decision, as gingerbaws seems to be implying.

PaulSmith
19-04-2012, 06:19 PM
Offences at hampden heard today, Lennon found guilty of both charges (don't believe any tweets otherwise).
Case v Killie, 2 game ban
Case v Rangers, ban from touch line for 2nd half seen as sufficient punishment

Hibs Class
19-04-2012, 07:32 PM
Offences at hampden heard today, Lennon found guilty of both charges (don't believe any tweets otherwise).

Cop out. He'll still feel he's a victim though and has been hard done by.

Sylar
19-04-2012, 09:14 PM

I think 2 games is consistent enough with other instances of people speaking out against referees, though I'm happy to be told otherwise!

However, what about the instance of voicing an opinion on the referee prior to the game (league decider vs Kilmarnock) and indeed his outburst after the final whistle on Sunday? There should be a compounding penalty for multiple offences where a lesson clearly has not been learnt. Hell, the comments about the referee prior to the Killie game are outlawed in the SFA rulebook and are classed as bringing the game into disrepute.

The SPL will want to tow a very fine line between justifyably hammering the cretin and fuelling the "victim" mentality.

s.a.m
19-04-2012, 09:18 PM
I think 2 games is consistent enough with other instances of people speaking out against referees, though I'm happy to be told otherwise!

However, what about the instance of voicing an opinion on the referee prior to the game (league decider vs Kilmarnock) and indeed his outburst after the final whistle on Sunday? There should be a compounding penalty for multiple offences where a lesson clearly has not been learnt. Hell, the comments about the referee prior to the Killie game are outlawed in the SFA rulebook and are classed as bringing the game into disrepute.

The SPL will want to tow a very fine line between justifyably hammering the cretin and fuelling the "victim" mentality.

I'm pretty sure we've had managers with much lengthier bans, because they had previous:dunno:

blackpoolhibs
19-04-2012, 09:20 PM
I'm pretty sure we've had managers with much lengthier bans, because they had previous:dunno:

:agree: Mowbray.

Spike Mandela

That'll teach him:faf::faf:

Rangers will be quaking incase they get tough on them next.:rolleyes:

CropleyWasGod
Agree Doddie. the wording of the law says that the handball must be deliberate for a foul to be given BUT in practice when a ball is goalbound (as the shot was in that instance) you often get them given even if intent isnt obvious. It was a bit soft but definitely not an obviously WRONG decision, as gingerbaws seems to be implying.

According to Lennon, it was given against Wanyama. The Ledley contact is irrelevant.

Biggie
19-04-2012, 09:25 PM
Bottles crashing at Hampden...

BEEJ
19-04-2012, 09:28 PM
However, what about the instance of voicing an opinion on the referee prior to the game (league decider vs Kilmarnock) and indeed his outburst after the final whistle on Sunday?
That one is to be considered separately at a later date.

--------
19-04-2012, 10:44 PM
According to Lennon, it was given against Wanyama. The Ledley contact is irrelevant.

What Lennon says or thinks (supposing he has the necessary equipment) is irrelevant. It's what the referee says that counts, surely. The Ledley contact is IMO a deliberate handball meriting a penalty kick and possibly a yellow or red card if the ref decides to be really nasty. The Wanyam contact ditto - his hand moves towards the ball to make contact. He prevents the ball from going through to the Hearts player goalside of him. The close focus in the clip means there's no way of knowing whether that player's offside, but the contact hand-to-ball is enough.

Either handball on its own, the penalty might be considered a wee touch harsh, but perfectly justified. TWO Celtic players handling the ball in the area? What's the wee troll complaining about?

Lennon is an incitement to breach of the peace as soon as he walks out of the tunnel at a football ground. It's long past time the SPL/SFA whoever dealt with him severely - a 6-month or even a season touchline ban wouldn't be out of place. If they end up giving him multiple bans, and then cave in and let them run concurrently as they did on a previous occasion, it'll be a scandal. He needs nailing.

CropleyWasGod
19-04-2012, 10:51 PM
What Lennon says or thinks (supposing he has the necessary equipment) is irrelevant. It's what the referee says that counts, surely.

The referee told the players that the penalty was given against Wanyama.