PDA

View Full Version : Reasons why we won on Saturday (superstitious ones)....

...WentToMowAnSPL
15-04-2012, 04:01 PM
Just for a laugh.. what things did you do or not do that was directly responsible for our win against the Don's on Saturday... ???
The intention is to gather intel which can be reused on the 19th of May ! :-)

Thinks I did ...
I wore my 1902 replica top (That was a huge risk ) but as it was bought by my aberdeen supporting wife for christmas :na na:

Things I did not do ...
I did not record the match on Sky prior to attending - this always causes us to lose when I do this !

:pfgwa

O'Rourke3
15-04-2012, 04:03 PM
I didn't have a drink before the game.
I wore my 91 scarf
We were in the same end as 91(I was practically in the same place)
I've never seen a Hibs win from the Rangers end.

With Celtic out we should be at the same end.

Hiber-nation
15-04-2012, 04:05 PM
Just for a laugh.. what things did you do or not do that was directly responsible for our win against the Don's on Saturday... ???
The intention is to gather intel which can be reused on the 19th of May ! :-)

Thinks I did ...
I wore my 1902 replica top (That was a huge risk ) but as it was bought by my aberdeen supporting wife for christmas :na na:

Things I did not do ...
I did not record the match on Sky prior to attending - this always causes us to lose when I do this !

:pfgwa

Usually go for green boxers for big games....tried red yesterday and it worked.

But would never stoop as low as find a maroon pair for the final :no way:

MacBean
15-04-2012, 04:08 PM
Did not take my flag. Every time I have taken it, Hibs lost

SneakersO'Toole
15-04-2012, 04:09 PM
Didn't drink until after the game as was pig sick of feeling miserable and drunk after big game defeats.

Very much doubt that I will be able to do that again for the final against the Gorgie tramps right enough.

Dinkydoo
15-04-2012, 04:09 PM
I chose my top from 2007 (same as the cup final one) to wear over a selection of other Hibs shirts.

Sean1875
15-04-2012, 04:14 PM
lucky boxers, worked a charm :aok:

Lucius Apuleius
15-04-2012, 04:17 PM
Missed it. Pure and simple. My record at Hampden is abysmal, especially finals. Never seen us lift any of the League Cups or Dryborough Cups. Been to most of the ones we have lost.

Good news? I am in Nigeria for the final. :-)

Glory days ahead.

Jack
15-04-2012, 04:37 PM
I'll be doing exactly what I did yesterday, right down to the BLT before the game at cheese rolls with cheese and onion crisps on the bus for afterwards. :-D

And a warning to all those close to me - I'll not be washing my top either!

hibee_girl
15-04-2012, 04:38 PM
I took my scarf which I haven't done since we won the cup in 2007!

Phil D. Rolls
15-04-2012, 04:40 PM
Prior to leaving for work around 12.10, I put on my green bracelet from the Heineken Brewery. I was able to keep it on, unnoticed, until the end of the match. It is the only time I have worn it, other than when I bought it.

I have now decided to put it on five minutes before kick off at the final.

Jay
15-04-2012, 04:43 PM
i bought a new scarf which was a major decision in itself. it turned out to be a good decision.

Pretty Boy
15-04-2012, 04:47 PM
I was almost in the same seats as the 07 final.

My girlfriend was there, yet to see us lose in the Scottish Cup.

Hibbie_Cameron
15-04-2012, 04:49 PM
I was almost in the same seats as the 07 final.

My girlfriend was there, yet to see us lose in the Scottish Cup.

Im gonna check my seats from yesterday with our 07 final seats. From memory, we could only have been a row or so away

I'm_cabbaged
15-04-2012, 04:52 PM
lucky boxers, worked a charm :aok:

Never noticed till I was having a piss in montfords that I had mine inside out. Same again in may;)

oconnors_strip
15-04-2012, 05:05 PM
My dad had his granny's rosary beads in his pocket, they will be back out in may!

Thecat23
15-04-2012, 05:07 PM
I got a ride!!

PeeJay
15-04-2012, 05:09 PM
"Iway ishedway ethay eamtay andway ethay ansfay allway ethay estbay inway Igpay Atinlay"

or

I wished the team and the fans all the best before the game in Pig Latin - seems to be working as well as everything else!

Hanny
15-04-2012, 05:14 PM
I stopped shaving on Dec 23rd and grew a beard, Hibs haven't lost in the Scottish Cup since. Coincidence? Possibly but I'm not shaving between now and May 19th :greengrin

Also, my dad insisted that I buy the season tickets last summer in since we've never won the cup since he's been getting them.

It's fate people :agree:

marinello59
15-04-2012, 05:15 PM
"Iway ishedway ethay eamtay andway ethay ansfay allway ethay estbay inway Igpay Atinlay"

or

I wished the team and the fans all the best before the game in Pig Latin - seems to be working as well as everything else!

Right, from now until the final the only track I will listen to is Wasted Little DJs by the View. Whilst wearing my lucky pants.

JennaFletcher
15-04-2012, 05:17 PM
1+9+0+2 = 12... it's 2012 :greengrin Could this be our year? Certainly a quirky little maths equation there should we be victorious :agree:

frazeHFC
15-04-2012, 05:20 PM
I never pissed inside the stadium, and had a new scarf.

Craig_in_Prague
15-04-2012, 05:24 PM
Had a morning cuppa outta older hibs mug with old badge and scarf instead of my usual newer mug. Think ive found a new tradition. Also i had a wee dram of whiskey and a 'cheers' to my grandad watching from above just as game was starting.

CropleyWasGod
15-04-2012, 05:26 PM
I had my longjohns on. The same ones I had on in 2007.

I had my winter jacket on, with gloves and hat in the pockets. The same ones I had on at Ayr.

I was roasted!

I got frisked by a polisman, who thought I must have been hiding some cans.

I also had my late Granda's watch on. He was born in 1905, so was the original jinx. I have never kissed a bit of metal so much.

Sexton
15-04-2012, 05:28 PM
my nephew has been to Hampden twice, and we've won twice. I'll buy his ticket for the final.

frazeHFC
15-04-2012, 05:32 PM
my nephew has been to Hampden twice, and we've won twice. I'll buy his ticket for the final.

Yeah my brother has seen 2 wins and a draw. He WILL be at the final. :thumbsup:

GreenCastle
15-04-2012, 05:48 PM
Didn't post anything on twitter or facebook prior to the game - usually sets up for a loss if I do.

Recently been having a cup of tea in a Hibs mug and we haven't lost since I started doing that on the day of the game - Motherwell, Ayr and ICT

Sat with a friend who I have never seen Hibs lose a game with over the years - with him it's only been 4 games - 2 being at Hampden.

Macaroon
15-04-2012, 05:57 PM
Wore my 2007 Hibs top for the first time since the CIS Final. Also, Just like the final, I wore every green garment I could lay my hands on. Including, strangely, the home Werder Bremen top from last year.

I'll be sporting the Bremen top once again come may 19th. I urge anyone else with one to do the same ;)

...WentToMowAnSPL
15-04-2012, 06:05 PM
Just realised I gave my scarf to my youngest son.. (he was cold) and bought a new one from the vendor ............. where did I put that new scarf !!

Westie1875
15-04-2012, 06:09 PM
i bought a new scarf which was a major decision in itself. it turned out to be a good decision.

I did this before the league cup final in 2007 and I wore said scarf yesterday, it is coming back with me for the final. :thumbsup:

LancashireHibby
15-04-2012, 06:22 PM
Made a last minute decision to not wear this season's home shirt and wear the 09/10 home shirt as well. Also wore the same scarf, hoody and pin badge as in 2007.

Fergos
15-04-2012, 06:37 PM
Ma washed my scarf as I left it at house last month when I came up for the Utd game.......it came back down the road with me today, but it's getting sent back up to Ecosse in the post for that same wash pre May 19th.....

Hibernian Forever.

Sean1875
16-04-2012, 12:27 PM
Never noticed till I was having a piss in montfords that I had mine inside out. Same again in may;)

I am now very tempted not to wear, or wash my lucky boxers up until the final, is that too much? :greengrin

CraigHibee
16-04-2012, 12:32 PM
i wore my lucky new trainers on saturday for the first time! green and white ones :)

also took the other half along so hopefully a lucky mascot for the final :)

:hibees

Bristolhibby
16-04-2012, 12:36 PM
I wore the 3rd shirt watching the game. Wore it watching the Inverness & Motherwell games.

Incidentally I wore a home shirt to the 2004 final, but the away one to the 2007 final. We all know what happened in those games.

Obviously I will be wearing lilac on the 19th May.

DaveSo
16-04-2012, 12:39 PM
I have had the same scarf since I was a teenager and have always said I would retire it if we ever won the Scottish Cup.
Its seen some glorious wins and some crushing defeats.
On Saturday I took it out the drawer but only remembered on the M8 that I had left it behind.
Was worried that it was a bad omen that it was gonna miss the game.
But after Saturday, it can stay in the drawer for the final.
Think I'll call it early retirement for the thing !

Ritchie
16-04-2012, 12:50 PM
i changed my Facebook profile picture to a picture of the Scottish Cup.... i'm not changing back until after the final!!

Bostonhibby
16-04-2012, 12:55 PM
I found my 1972 League Cup final win Pork pie style hat and fully intend to wear it for the final.

Pretty Boy
16-04-2012, 01:09 PM
I hope the players are being superstitious and no one is touching the cup until we win it.

Every little helps.

Ritchie
16-04-2012, 01:16 PM
I hope the players are being superstitious and no one is touching the cup until we win it.

Every little helps.

that didnt help celtic before the league cup final.... Killie players were getting their pics taking with the cup before hand :wink:

JohnStephens91
16-04-2012, 01:22 PM
I wore the peppermint green shirt from last season as I'd never worn it to a game and I wore my scarf that I was given on the day I was born by my granddad. I also dragged my dad along for only his second game in about 2 years and I gave him a scarf I recently bought.