PDA

View Full Version : Get yourself to Hampden

matty_f
15-04-2012, 02:32 PM
One thing we can't have this time is the team coming out to empty seats in the Hibs end with fewer empties in the Yams' end.

Forget your own nerves, whether you can take it or not, or whatever else, get a ticket, get to Hampden and let's give the boys the best support they've ever had or ever will have again.

:flag::flag::flag:

Since90+2
15-04-2012, 02:34 PM
We will sell out. Absolutely no doubt about that.

soupy
15-04-2012, 02:34 PM
There won't be a spare seat in the stadium that certain..

zlatan
15-04-2012, 02:35 PM
Come on now, this is clearly going to sell. I'm a pleb that'll be waiting for the public sale and I'm bricking it about getting a ticket.

Hibernia&Alba
15-04-2012, 02:35 PM
No chance there will be any empty seats. Not enough tickets for either club is much more likely.

NOLA
15-04-2012, 02:38 PM
good luck getting a ticket :greengrin

iwasthere1972
15-04-2012, 02:39 PM
Some folk are forgetting that the last one was only a semi final and the glory hunters only come out in their thousands for a final. :wink:

It will be full.

ginger_rice
15-04-2012, 02:40 PM
I fully expect to have to get a ticket to watch it on a big screen at Easter Road! Not a cat in hells chance that there will be tickets going spare for this final.

Sean1875
15-04-2012, 02:44 PM
Got my Semi ticket stubs but still bricking myself about getting tickets for me and my mates together, absolute praying! No chance there will be any empty seats.

Pretty Boy
15-04-2012, 02:45 PM
We'll sell out and probably could do twice over.

Hibees the world over will be descending on Scotland for that weekend.

zlatan
15-04-2012, 02:49 PM
Jim Spence is starting the Murrayfield debate already. A chance to comfortably sell another 15000 ticket for it and bring much needed extra revenue to all involved.

Won't happen right enough, far too sensible.

seanraff07
15-04-2012, 02:51 PM
No one should need any encouragement to go, everyone should be doing everything they can to get a ticket.

We could probably sell out Hampden ourselves for this :agree:

LeithBoozy
15-04-2012, 02:52 PM
I honestly think they could sell-out murrayfield for this one Matty, my wife has just said she would like to go and she has never asked that before. :agree:

iwasthere1972
15-04-2012, 02:54 PM
Murrayfield wouldn't be big enough.

We need to be looking at bigger. Someone needs to phone the English FA and book Wembley. The English Cup Final can be moved to another day to make way for this fixture of the century.

Dalianwanda
15-04-2012, 02:55 PM
I'm not confident about getting a ticket...confident of the result though...wonder how many Dublin Celtic fans already had their flights booked ;-€

Sean1875
15-04-2012, 02:56 PM
Am i the only one that actually doesn't want Murrayfield? Going to Hampden is all a big day out and will mean more of an occasion than just hopping on the 26, aswell as it being the home of scottish football and the rightful place for Hibs to lift the trophy!

seanraff07
15-04-2012, 02:58 PM
Am i the only one that actually doesn't want Murrayfield? Going to Hampden is all a big day out and will mean more of an occasion than just hopping on the 26, aswell as it being the home of scottish football and the rightful place for Hibs to lift the trophy!

100% agree.

KdyHby
15-04-2012, 03:00 PM
Give priority to season ticket holders, including those that buy one for next season!! Hopefully, the extra income would be wisely invested

Pretty Boy
15-04-2012, 03:05 PM

Agree.

Murrayfield is for chasing eggs.

When we win the Scottish Cup it should be at Hampden.

ginger_rice
15-04-2012, 03:06 PM
Murrayfield wouldn't be big enough.

We need to be looking at bigger. Someone needs to phone the English FA and book Wembley. The English Cup Final can be moved to another day to make way for this fixture of the century.

I don't think the old Hampden (134.000 for all you youngsters) would have been big enough for this game.

Sick Boy
15-04-2012, 03:07 PM
I'm 10 000 miles away and totally skint but I'll be doing all I can to make it back for this one. The prospect of ending the hoodoo against them is far too good.

:pfgwa:flag::scarf:

PaulSmith
15-04-2012, 03:09 PM
You could this game twice over, easily.

NAE NOOKIE
15-04-2012, 03:10 PM
One thing we can't have this time is the team coming out to empty seats in the Hibs end with fewer empties in the Yams' end.

Forget your own nerves, whether you can take it or not, or whatever else, get a ticket, get to Hampden and let's give the boys the best support they've ever had or ever will have again.

Are you kiddin' mate. It wont be get a ticket .... It will be how the hell do I get a ticket !!!

JimBHibees
15-04-2012, 03:12 PM
Agree.

Murrayfield is for chasing eggs.

When we win the Scottish Cup it should be at Hampden.

Dont care where it is when we win it to be honest. Personally prefer Murrayfiedl given a) there are far more seats 67k v 52k, b) the actual stadium is far better and c) it is much easier to get to.

Hibs7
15-04-2012, 03:13 PM
Why give all that pre/post match revenue to Glasgow pubs etc. Let's have it at Murrayfield and show those west coast biased SFA jackets, what a real cup final can be like without any of the old firm.

SneakersO'Toole
15-04-2012, 03:14 PM

Absolutely.

It may be a feable national stadium but at the end of the day its the home of Scottish football and the game should be played there. No question.

Lifting the cup anywhere else wouldn't feel the same.

15-04-2012, 03:15 PM
Biggest game in history for us and for them aswell - no way will there be gaps in the crowd.

But yes, EVERY HIBBY there (well as much as possible!), in full voice to outsing the georgie tramps!

:pfgwa

woody47
15-04-2012, 03:22 PM
Full stadium wherever we play it.
And just as a matter of interest, did anyone see all the yams today dressed as celtc fans AND empty seats:greengrin
Big team my ass. :na na:

JimBHibees
15-04-2012, 03:39 PM
Absolutely.

It may be a feable national stadium but at the end of the day its the home of Scottish football and the game should be played there. No question.

Lifting the cup anywhere else wouldn't feel the same.

Sorry that is nonsense, winning it would make no difference where it was. Wouldnt be lessened in any way where it is IMO.

SneakersO'Toole
15-04-2012, 03:42 PM
Sorry that is nonsense, winning it would make no difference where it was. Wouldnt be lessened in any way where it is IMO.

To you it would make no difference, fine.

But to me it would for my own reasons and it would appear I'm not alone in that thinking going by responses on the other thread. The game will be at Hampden anyway so renders this a pretty pointless debate.

RyeSloan
15-04-2012, 03:50 PM

No your statement is nonsense.

It's quite easy to understand why the historical significance of playing at Hamden to lift a cup we havn't won for over a century will be important to quite a lot of people.

Hillsidehibby
15-04-2012, 03:51 PM

But to me it would for my own reasons and it would appear I'm not alone in that thinking going by responses on the other thread. The game will be at Hampden anyway so renders this a pretty pointless debate.

I am sure it didn't bother the yams when they won it at Parkhead.

matty_f
15-04-2012, 03:52 PM
Hampden for me. :agree:

NAE NOOKIE
15-04-2012, 04:04 PM
Argument about this already ?

Nae disagreements, nae arguments, nae bitchin'.

For the next 5 weeks we are all Hibbies, all that matters is being positive, getting behind the Hibs and making sure that when our team run out at Hampden on the 19th of May that we make the watching world's jaw drop at the display, noise and support we give our team.

GGTTH

NOLA
15-04-2012, 04:08 PM
I fully expect to have to get a ticket to watch it on a big screen at Easter Road! Not a cat in hells chance that there will be tickets going spare for this final. good shout that

Dashing Bob S
15-04-2012, 04:21 PM

Matty, this sentiment is worthy, but misplaced. Both clubs will be able to sell their allocation four times over for this game.

Beefster
15-04-2012, 04:23 PM
The Yams on Sickbag will lap this thread up.

Dinkydoo
15-04-2012, 04:23 PM
I was there at THAT semi final in 2006 so I am relishing the thought of being there when we have our revenge!!!

Bring. It. On.

DH1875
15-04-2012, 06:03 PM
Can't believe anyone thinks we will remotely struggle to sell out :confused:.

cabbageandribs1875
15-04-2012, 06:05 PM
what an odd request :greengrin full house np's at all

Lungo--Drom
15-04-2012, 06:20 PM
Totally agree :) It will make a wee difference for a west coast Hibby like me to not have to travel 80 miles to a match like usually (my usual easy travel day is when we play at Rugby Park). I agree with an earlier poster that Murrayfield is a great stadium but Hampden is the home of Scottish football. Doubt I'll get a ticket but gonna try ma best.

Billy Whizz
15-04-2012, 06:26 PM
I'm 100% against Murrayfield but would it be too convenient to go down Gorgie Rd after we've one the trophy?

Sir David Gray
15-04-2012, 07:52 PM
There's no danger that we'll fail to sell our allocation.

The Nou Camp wouldn't be too big for this match.

inglisavhibs
15-04-2012, 08:14 PM

Matty you have no need to worry, the worry is not getting a ticket. We had four in our car yesterday and we now need 10 for the final. That will be repeated in a lot of cases. Have you forgotten that HIbs had around 40000 travel through for dunfermline final( many didn't get in) and I'm sure we had over 30000 at the Killie final. Both HIbs and hearts could fill most of Hampden on their own.

joe breezy
15-04-2012, 09:32 PM
I'm a bit worried about getting a ticket, no season ticket and missed the member thing as it wasn't actually a membership - it was a ticket deal for some games I couldn't make

I was at the game yesterday of course do not sure if my ticket stub will count for anything

I'd pay 100 quid if need be though so hopefully that might help my case if it comes to it

JimBHibees
15-04-2012, 09:43 PM
No your statement is nonsense.

It's quite easy to understand why the historical significance of playing at Hamden to lift a cup we havn't won for over a century will be important to quite a lot of people.

So if we played the final at Murrayfield and won the cup it would be devalued in some way, cant accept that I am afraid. Our last win wasnt at Hampden is that devalued also.

JimBHibees
15-04-2012, 09:48 PM

All I am saying ia that there would be no difference in where the cup was won, wouldnt bother me one iota where it was. Personally would prefer Murrayfield for this game however know for sure it will be at Hampden.

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-04-2012, 09:51 PM
So if we played the final at Murrayfield and won the cup it would be devalued in some way, cant accept that I am afraid. Our last win wasnt at Hampden is that devalued also.

Hampden on the site that it stands now wasnt opened until late 1903, so, it couldn't have been played there anyway.