PDA

View Full Version : Historic Occasion : Hibernian versus Hearts, Scottish Cup Final

Dashing Bob S
15-04-2012, 01:55 PM
I'm absolutely delighted, although it's always hard to see joy on Hearts players and fans faces.

But this is an opportunity for Edinburgh to stop being the Cinderella city of Scottish football, and to cast aside its petty parochial rivalry which its two underachieving clubs wedded to failure have ritually 'enjoyed', and play a game of football that means something outside of this city.

People from all over the country will want tickets for this game, and once the buzz kicks off, it will be BIGGER THAN ANY OLD FIRM GAME in years, and probably the biggest domestic game between two Scottish football clubs in decades. The reason that the Old Firm have so many fair-weather fans outside of Glasgow is, apart from sectarianism, simply because they play games like this on a regular basis.

Obviously losing is now high-stakes, so for that reason, all bets have to off, as both clubs move into unchartered waters.

I trust Pat Fenlon to have an aggressive, combative side on the park, without any inferiority complex, and hopefully, be blessed with the luck of the Irish. For that reason any Hibs fan who goes into this game with a sense of inferiority is a *ucking *anker in my book and not worthy of a cup final ticket.

No Hibs (or indeed Hearts) fan should fear this game. They should be excited, and hope that there are many more to come. Because what that would mean would be that we finally have a healthy, viable club game in Scottish football, instead of the current joke.

Rant over!

SquashedFrogg
15-04-2012, 01:57 PM
I'm absolutely delighted, although it's always hard to see joy on Hearts players and fans faces.

But this is an opportunity for Edinburgh to stop being the Cinderella city of Scottish football, and to cast aside its petty parochial rivalry which its two underachieving clubs wedded to failure have ritually 'enjoyed', and play a game of football that means something outside of this city.

People from all over the country will want tickets for this game, and once the buzz kicks off, it will be BIGGER THAN ANY OLD FIRM GAME in years, and probably the biggest domestic game between two Scottish football clubs in decades. The reason that the Old Firm have so many fair-weather fans outside of Glasgow is, apart from sectarianism, imply because they play games like this on a regular basis.

Obviously losing is now high-stakes, so for that reason, all bets have to off, as both clubs move into unchartered waters.

I trust Pat Fenlon to have an aggressive, combative side on the park, without any inferiority complex, and hopefully, be blessed with the luck of the Irish. For that reason any Hibs fan who goes into this game with a sense of inferiority is a *ucking *anker in my book and not worthy of a cup final ticket.

No Hibs (or indeed Hearts) fan should fear this game. They should be excited, and hope that there are many more to come. Because what that would mean would be that we finally have a healthy, viable club game in Scottish football, instead of the current joke.

Rant over!
:top marks:top marks
:flag::flag::flag:

Honestly can't wait!!

Wish it was next week!!

son of haggart
15-04-2012, 01:59 PM

People from all over the country will want tickets for this game, and once the buzz kicks off, it will be BIGGER THAN ANY OLD FIRM GAME in years, and probably the biggest domestic game between two Scottish football clubs in decades. The reason that the Old Firm have so many fair-weather fans outside of Glasgow is, apart from sectarianism, imply because they play games like this on a regular basis.

Rant over!

Good post Bob

My head agrees with you - my heart's still racing a bit faster than normal though - count me in with the fearties

Beefster
15-04-2012, 02:02 PM
any Hibs fan who goes into this game with a sense of inferiority is a *ucking *anker in my book and not worthy of a cup final ticket.

Too ****ing right.

hibernator
15-04-2012, 02:09 PM
This is the chance to make them choke on it, Shut them up by beating them for our first win since you know when, could not ask for better, That is the way it should be looked at, Bring on the Jam Tarts.

fat freddy
15-04-2012, 02:11 PM
i've been waiting all my life for this game...bring it on!

BroxburnHibee
15-04-2012, 02:12 PM
I can't wait

Winning this will shut them up forever and they will be terrified of that

Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CiscoKid
15-04-2012, 02:12 PM

People from all over the country will want tickets for this game, and once the buzz kicks off, it will be BIGGER THAN ANY OLD FIRM GAME in years, and probably the biggest domestic game between two Scottish football clubs in decades. The reason that the Old Firm have so many fair-weather fans outside of Glasgow is, apart from sectarianism, simply because they play games like this on a regular basis.

Rant over!

Good post ! Totally agree a great chance for for both clubs to give Scottish Football a shake to the roots and make everyone realise how good it can be without the Old Firm.

Bring it on !

StevesFamau5
15-04-2012, 02:13 PM

Rant over!

:top marks can i borrow you for a presentation i'm doing at college? people may pay more attention.. :greengrin

SneakersO'Toole
15-04-2012, 04:33 PM

Rant over!

Phenomenal post. So much so that it should be a sticky so that every fan that comes onto this board can read it.

Sean1875
15-04-2012, 04:40 PM
This is the sort of game i can imagine sitting down with my Grand kids in many years time and tell them 'I was there'. Would genuinely be one of the greatest days of my life if we can manage to pull this off, and there is no doubt in my mind that we can, GGTTH.

Pretty Boy
15-04-2012, 04:42 PM

Rant over!

Well said Roberto, well said.

hibsbollah
15-04-2012, 05:00 PM
:top marks: As usual Bob, a faultless post. Theres nothing worse than a yam, but a hibby with a losers attitude runs him close.

The_Todd
15-04-2012, 05:10 PM
Hopefully this game will show the media, the SFA, the SPL, Ralph Topping, the Old Firm, Chick Young and James Traynor that WE DO NOT NEED THE OLD FIRM.

No matter what the result, no matter who wins it'll be a game to look forward to and a game to remember. Hampden will be packed, and judging by Pie and Bovril tonight even the neutrals who won't normally bother with Cup Final day either because it's usually a) a bigotfest or b) likely to be a one sided affair involving one of the ugly sisters will even be captivated.

It's time for Hibs, Hearts and fans of both clubs to show the world the Scottish football doesn't begin or end with Rangers and Celtic.

--------
15-04-2012, 05:10 PM

Rant over!

And a very fine rant, too, Bob, if I may say so. Impeccably well-reasoned, rhetorically faultless, characteristically persuasive and good-humoured.

:top marks

My own initial reaction was that the stakes couldn't now be higher for either club, and that's a scary thought. Momentarily, I admit, I was chastened at the thought of such a challenge.

But if you'd told me before the Third Round that Hibs would be in the Final, once I'd stopped rolling around on the floor laughing, I'd have said, "No chance."

Lots of us were nervous before the Cowdenbeath game; many didn't think we'd beat Kilmarnock; doom and gloom were forecast when we were drawn away to Ayr United; and many prophesied disaster in the semi-final - especially around the 59th-minute mark, just after the Dons had equalised.

But we're still in it, and who knows? This may indeed be the very year. I've said before on this forum that I very nearly didn't go to the Napoli game, because I really thought we had no chance of winning it. I can't SAY how GLAD I am that I DID go - if I'd missed it, I'd have probably/almost certainly/definitely cut my throat.

But I DID, and I DIDN'T, and now that's one of my most treasured memories of my youth.

GGTTH.

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

davehiby
15-04-2012, 05:11 PM
they have beaten us so many times in recent years that the law of averages say we must win one so would be out of this world to be in the sc final bring it on indeed:flag:

Keith_M
15-04-2012, 05:22 PM
Good post Bob

My head agrees with you - my heart's still racing a bit faster than normal though - count me in with the fearties

I'm with you, one of the Fearties as well

Please accept a genuine congratulations from a Hibby on reaching the final.

Unlike a lot of others, I don't have the irrational hatred of some other football fans but.... each to their own :wink:

hibsbollah
15-04-2012, 05:46 PM
Unlike a lot of others, I don't have the irrational hatred of some other football fans but.... each to their own :wink:

If that was directed at my post,can I make it clear its all just hyperbole on my part. Im bricking it as much as the next man :greengrin

Keith_M
15-04-2012, 05:53 PM
If that was directed at my post,can I make it clear its all just hyperbole on my part. Im bricking it as much as the next man :greengrin

Nobody in particular, honest :greengrin

Sas_The_Hibby
15-04-2012, 06:00 PM

:greengrin

And "woman" ***, of course :wink:

***with the exception of those who've been through childbirth and have nothing left to fear, needless to say! :greengrin