PDA

View Full Version : May 19th - The biggest game in both Hibernian's and Hearts' history?

SRHibs
15-04-2012, 01:50 PM
In fact, probably the biggest domestic game in history, outside of OF finals. No pressure Hibs.:not worth

Mikey
15-04-2012, 01:51 PM
No pressure Hibs.:not worth

Correct.

Plenty of pressure on them though. They reckon they've won it already.

Tollhouse Hibee
15-04-2012, 01:52 PM
The game I don't want to lose as we will never hear the end of it. However total legends if we win.

Since90+2
15-04-2012, 01:54 PM
In fact, probably the biggest ever domestic game in history, outside of OF finals. No pressure Hibs.:not worth

Even bigger IMO. Old Firm finals happen relatively regularly , this hasnt happened in over 100 years.

Onion
Correct.

If you look at the depth of squad they have to draw on, their Derby experience, winning mentality and the fact that we are still fighting relegation we will rightly be massive underdogs to win that match. I just hope we have our 11 best players available on 19 May to give us an outside chance of causing an upset, otherwise I fear a repeat of 2006 ---only worse they get the cup too.

Aldo
Good omen. Ma eldest lassies 8th Birthday that day??

SRHibs
15-04-2012, 01:56 PM
Both nerves and excitement have kicked in already. :agree:

Kato
15-04-2012, 01:56 PM
we will never hear the end of it

Willing to take that for the chance to gub them. Bring it on.

Mikey_1875
15-04-2012, 01:57 PM
Risk big! Win big! When we win 'greatest day in history' song will have to be amended!

Northernhibee
15-04-2012, 01:57 PM
We go into this as underdogs, but we don't go in with nothing to lose.

We complained about not turning up at previous derbies. If anyone goes into that game and doesn't show 100% commitment, doesn't fly into every 50/50 and doesn't play with the most passion and heart that they can muster then they don't deserve to wear the green and white again.

If they do all the above, they will become legends of or club and their very name will be part of our history for as long as we are going.

GGTTH.

Hibernia&Alba
15-04-2012, 01:59 PM
As ABBA said, "The winner takes it all...." :greengrin

Playing for the biggest of stakes. Total heartbreak or utter elation, no middle ground here.

Hiber-nation
15-04-2012, 01:59 PM
I feel sick.

R'Albin
15-04-2012, 02:00 PM
Definately the biggest game in our history :agree:

HibbyAndy
All the pressure in the world is on them.

But what a way to bust this cup hoodoo!!! Beating the Pinkoids in the final:cb

ekhibee
If you look at the depth of squad they have to draw on, their Derby experience, winning mentality and the fact that we are still fighting relegation we will rightly be massive underdogs to win that match. I just hope we have our 11 best players available on 19 May to give us an outside chance of causing an upset, otherwise I fear a repeat of 2006 ---only worse they get the cup too.

Yep, agree with that. It is worth remembering though, that we hardly had our strongest team in that game, O'Connor had left for Moscow, Riordan was suspended and Scott Brown was still injured, so you are quite right to emphasize the need for getting our strongest 11 on the park.

Twa Cairpets
15-04-2012, 02:02 PM

Don't be so gutless. This is the year, I'm telling you.

banchoryhibs
15-04-2012, 02:02 PM
We have a manager who knows how to win cups:agree:

We have an easier league run in and can approach the final on the back of a winning run:agree:

We are Hibernian FC

They aren't

Happy clappy? Today --- you bet I am :flag::flag::flag:

Can't wait............. (anyone got a spare ticket:greengrin)

Brummie_Hibs
15-04-2012, 02:03 PM
Good omen. Ma eldest lassies 8th Birthday that day??

It's my birthday on the 19th - unfortunately I'm quite a bit older than 8!

My nerves will be so wrecked that I wouldn't be surprised it it was my last day on earth too...

Lofarl
15-04-2012, 02:04 PM
We get to beat the ****!

We get to win the holy grail!

We get to qualify for europe!

We get to relegate jumbo jeffries!

What a *** season!

FranckSuzy
15-04-2012, 02:04 PM
Get this up on the dessing room wall a la Wimbledon c. Rudyard Kipling

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream - and not make dreams
your master;
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on!"

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

truehibernian
15-04-2012, 02:05 PM
The result I wanted, I'm positive the result the players wanted. Can't wait for this game. It's our year, we'll win.

CentreLine
15-04-2012, 02:07 PM
Wow wow wow........The result we wanted in the semi. Now let's get the result we want in the final. Hahahahearts will go in a big favourites. Who cares, we can win this thing and what a way to end 110 year hoodoo if we do

:flag::flag::flag:

LeithBoozy
15-04-2012, 02:09 PM
A game we must win, Sir tom must give Pat at least £20 million to bring-in another Le God and Lattapy !. Lets play the bastas at their own game, bring -in players we cant afford for long. But long enough to smash this bogy to f "£$ing bits. !!! :greengrin

Onion
15-04-2012, 02:09 PM
Don't be so gutless. This is the year, I'm telling you.

Oh dear, this one is gonna hit you hard.

HibbingtonHibs
15-04-2012, 02:12 PM
No pressure Hibs.:not worth

It feels like pressure to me.

Both teams have everything to lose and the repercussions will last a lifetime. There will be pressure all round.

TornadoHibby
15-04-2012, 02:15 PM
Correct.

Nearly p*shed ma pants laughing when Neil McCann said after the final whistle just then that "there will be thousands of Hibs fans hiding behind their curtains right now"! :agree:

Can't wait for May 19th now! :agree:

I'm sure that our players including the loan players will want to leave Hampden that day with a winners medal and not a losers one so will give every last bit of skill, energy, effort, grit, determination and will to win to ensure that happens! It's the only way to win the match! :agree:

mim
15-04-2012, 05:07 PM
The result I wanted, I'm positive the result the players wanted. Can't wait for this game. It's our year, we'll win.

Six months ago I told my 93 year old dad that he wouldn't have to wait another season to see Hibs win the cup.
I have no doubt that we will win. It's been written in the stars all season.

GGTTH
:pfgwa