PDA

View Full Version : Rest our key players for final

Littlest Hobo
15-04-2012, 01:33 PM
As soon as we are mathematically safe from relegation then we should try and rest or at least use our key players sparingly to try and keep them fit and fresh for the big day... McPAKE, OSBOURNE, GRIFFITHS ETC.....thoughts???

jonty
15-04-2012, 01:35 PM
Rested too much and they'll lose match sharpness. Especially the loans.
we need to win all our remaining games and go in with a solid, winning, team.

Littlest Hobo
15-04-2012, 01:41 PM
Rested too much and they'll lose match sharpness. Especially the loans.
we need to win all our remaining games and go in with a solid, winning, team.

Bad memories of "THAT SEMI" when we had a depleated team, I'd hate it if we were missing key players again.

matty_f
15-04-2012, 01:46 PM
Just keep winning games. :agree:

Spike Mandela
15-04-2012, 02:36 PM
Can't take our eye of the ball in the league. Keep the match winning momentum going and keep working on team partnerships. At this point in the season a settled team with a good understanding could be invaluable.

The_Exile
15-04-2012, 02:39 PM
No way, they've got 5 games to prove they merit a jersey on the 19th of May, want to be a starter? ****ing prove it.

fit o' the walk
15-04-2012, 03:41 PM
If we beat Killie which would then make us virtually safe,would you use the above 3 players sparingly after that with the final in mind. We MUST have these guys on that pitch on cup final day.

Sean1875
15-04-2012, 03:42 PM
Agree slightly but we also need them as sharp as possible, perhaps limiting them to 60-70 minutes for the last couple games.

CallumLaidlaw
15-04-2012, 03:43 PM
It's a difficult one cos at the same time, you want them to be (competitive) match sharp

StevesFamau5
15-04-2012, 03:49 PM
it works in fifa :greengrin.... but not sure about reality. I'd have to agree that match sharpness is an important factor.. the fear could be another 06 disaster and none of us want that

Eyrie
15-04-2012, 05:15 PM
Can't take our eye of the ball in the league. Keep the match winning momentum going and keep working on team partnerships. At this point in the season a settled team with a good understanding could be invaluable.
Agreed.

Hearts have nothing left to play for except pride and unpaid wages, whilst we need to make certain we stay up. We need to turn that into them being out of form and us on a hot streak going into the final.

cabbageandribs1875
15-04-2012, 05:22 PM
good time to give ian murray some serious game time...i know he's fit again but is even may 19th just too soon for him ?

cabbageandribs1875
15-04-2012, 05:24 PM
Agreed.

Hearts have nothing left to play for except pride and unpaid wages, whilst we need to make certain we stay up. We need to turn that into them being out of form and us on a hot streak going into the final.

on the contrary, hertz will have their eyes on 4th or even catching motherwell surely ? they are playing for cup places also

Eyrie
15-04-2012, 05:41 PM
on the contrary, hertz will have their eyes on 4th or even catching motherwell surely ? they are playing for cup places also

They have zero chance of getting the licence for European football, so there is no real incentive. Hopefully their players will be trying to avoid injuries and they'll end up with two draws and three losses after the split.

cabbageandribs1875
15-04-2012, 05:47 PM
They have zero chance of getting the licence for European football, so there is no real incentive. Hopefully their players will be trying to avoid injuries and they'll end up with two draws and three losses after the split.

ok, i've definitely missed something here now :greengrin that news would excite me...a lot, but unfortunately, i've not saw any reports of this in the media :confused: