PDA

View Full Version : Billy Brown

CentreLine
15-04-2012, 11:43 AM
Explaining on Sky Sports that a Hibs v hahahahearts cup final would be a very difficult day for him. Why?

Liam89
15-04-2012, 11:44 AM
Explaining on Sky Sports that a Hibs v hahahahearts cup final would be a very difficult day for him. Why?

Still annoys me when he expresses his love for hearts like this, you're with hibs now billy, it shouldn't be hard for you at all???:rolleyes:

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-04-2012, 11:48 AM
He hasnae done himself many favours so far.

Matty_Jack04
15-04-2012, 11:50 AM
He's a yam legend for helping win this in 98 he's no just gonna forget it cause he's with us now, come may he'l b helping us win it dont see the problem

lord bunberry
15-04-2012, 11:53 AM
He's a yam legend for helping win this in 98 he's no just gonna forget it cause he's with us now, come may he'l b helping us win it dont see the problem

The problem is he's employed by hibs there should be no divided loyalties

andy1875
15-04-2012, 11:56 AM
His comments have peed me of I have to say, not just once but twice in 5 minutes.

Your Hibs asst manager Billy, nobody else matters. Simple.

Anyhow back to basking in the glory of a final to look forward to!

Matty_Jack04
15-04-2012, 12:00 PM

Over the top reaction IMO he's not gonna decide not to do his job if it's a derby final

Beefster
15-04-2012, 12:02 PM
Over the top reaction IMO he's not gonna decide not to do his job if it's a derby final

Do you think that McLeish used to find it a 'difficult day' when we were playing Aberdeen or Mowbray when we were playing Celtic etc etc?

bingo70
15-04-2012, 12:03 PM
Can see why it would piss people off but in the bigger scheme of things it doesn't really make any difference, if he helps hibs improve then job done regardless if he's still got a soft spot for them or not

lord bunberry
15-04-2012, 12:05 PM

Your probably right but he isn't doing himself any favours people have got long memories and stuff like this tends to be dragged up when things aren't going well

cannastar
15-04-2012, 12:15 PM
I was thinking the same when i heard bb talking.If he thinks it will be hard then he should maybe step aside.Dont think paddy will be happy hearing that from his assistant.:confused:

Northernhibee
15-04-2012, 12:19 PM
He'll have made a lot of friends and that at his old club, it's natural on a personal level.

BB will 100% be commited to Hibs on a professional level if it's a Hibs Hearts final, but can imagine how it could be awkward on a personal level.

Maybe not worded the best, but I understand where he's coming from and know he'll guide us to the holy grail :flag:

Matty_Jack04
15-04-2012, 12:27 PM
Do you think that McLeish used to find it a 'difficult day' when we were playing Aberdeen or Mowbray when we were playing Celtic etc etc?

Probably, bet mcleish enjoyed going up to see his pals, mowbray was Celtic captain and at the club during a difficult time in his life but like billy broon there professional and put personal things to one side and do there job

Jim44
15-04-2012, 12:30 PM
I know he'll be 100% professional if we were to meet them in the final but it sticks in throat to think he'll still get a lot of reflected satisfaction if they were to beat us.

lucky
15-04-2012, 12:38 PM
His comments were unnecessary, he is employed by Hibs but in my opinion he has shown little respect for us a club. I would get rid of him.

Golden Bear
15-04-2012, 12:47 PM
I don't think for a minute that BB will give anything less than 100% in his efforts to beat hertz if ever it does come too that. Sometimes it doesn't pay to project the honest nice guy image on TV!

SquashedFrogg
15-04-2012, 12:49 PM
His comments were unnecessary, he is employed by Hibs but in my opinion he has shown little respect for us a club. I would get rid of him.

:rolleyes:

So, lets imagine John Collins or Yogi (not likely I know but...) get the Celtic job.

They take their team to a cup final where Hibs happen to be the opponents.

Would it be a total shock if they said that playing Hibs in the final would be 'difficult'?

Sammy7nil
15-04-2012, 12:54 PM
Billy and all his family were Hibs supporters prior to him joining Hearts

His son still is a Hibby

Malthibby
15-04-2012, 01:02 PM
I think wistful is a bit over the top, I'd rather he acknowledged the issue instead of running
around kissing the badge & wearing a Proclaimers t-shirt.
GG

IWasThere2016
15-04-2012, 01:11 PM
I can't see him at Hibs next season.

SquashedFrogg
15-04-2012, 01:13 PM
I can't see him at Hibs next season.

Why not?

IWasThere2016
15-04-2012, 01:19 PM
Why not?

No longer required.

SquashedFrogg
15-04-2012, 01:21 PM
No longer required.

Fair enough. Strange but fair enough...

Onion
15-04-2012, 01:47 PM

Then he should be no where near the Hibs squad !! Cannot believe he said that !!

Jim44
15-04-2012, 02:13 PM
It doesn't matter what we read into his disgraceful comments. If Fenlon thinks he was out of order, he will deal with it in his own way. As I said earlier I think he'll be professional, but personally I think he's only with us for the beer and deep down he'll consider himself in a win win situation.

Hibby Bairn
15-04-2012, 02:18 PM
Jeez..cup final nerves getting to some folk?

This is a total non-issue. He worked for Hearts for years. That is all he is projecting. BB will be there on 19th May to win the cup for Hibs.

I like BB (and I think PF does too) and hope he is with us for some time.

As I said total non-issue.

Onion
15-04-2012, 02:23 PM
It doesn't matter what we read into his disgraceful comments. If Fenlon thinks he was out of order, he will deal with it in his own way. As I said earlier I think he'll be professional, but personally I think he's only with us for the beer and deep down he'll consider himself in a win win situation.

IMHO that is a problem. This is the Game of the Century where we will need everyone connected with Hibernian - and I mean EVERYONE - to be 110% committed to winning this match. No doubts, no divided loyalties, no half-hearted efforts. ANY weaknesses or weak-minded individuals need to be miles away from the Hibs camp.

Can you imagine if McPake came out with a comment like that ??? If there was any suspicion that he wasn't giving 110% to Hibs and that somehow he'd be satisfied if H*arts win that match. Jees, I think Brown has put a gun to head with this comment and probably needs to leave the club.

matty_f
15-04-2012, 02:26 PM
IMHO that is a problem. This is the Game of the Century where we will need everyone connected with Hibernian - and I mean EVERYONE - to be 110% committed to winning this match. No doubts, no divided loyalties, no half-hearted efforts. ANY weaknesses or weak-minded individuals need to be miles away from the Hibs camp.

Can you imagine if McPake came out with a comment like that ??? If there was any suspicion that he wasn't giving 110% to Hibs and that somehow he'd be satisfied if H*arts win that match. Jees, I think Brown has put a gun to head with this comment and probably needs to leave the club.

Absolute nonsense. He'll give 100% to Hibs, no question.

jabis
15-04-2012, 02:57 PM

I would put your comments at 95% pro Hibs.......you probably need to leave the club :agree:

ginger_rice
15-04-2012, 02:58 PM
How do you think Pat Stanton might have felt if he had had had to captain Celtic against Hibs in the SC final? OK so he might not have come out and said it, but I'm sure he would have had the same feeling.

For those of us old enough, remember Denis Law's reaction when he scored for City against United a Old Trafford to relegate United.

I think BB's problem is that he speaks without thinking what the reaction will be, perhaps just to honest.

I spoke to him before the Arabs game a couple of weeks back, when asked about not ever playing for Hibs his answer without hesitation was "unfortunately that's one privilege I never had".

What we as partisan supporter think of the game and what players and managers/coaches think of the game is completely different.

johnrebus
15-04-2012, 03:26 PM
Jeez..cup final nerves getting to some folk?

This is a total non-issue. He worked for Hearts for years. That is all he is projecting. BB will be there on 19th May to win the cup for Hibs.

I like BB (and I think PF does too) and hope he is with us for some time.

As I said total non-issue.

It is an issue.

He could just of kept his mouth shut.

:cb

Phil D. Rolls
15-04-2012, 03:31 PM

Well, he better just do the right thing, and GTF now. Can't have him wrestling with his conscience, that wouldn't be right.

Well done for rallying round the flag Bill.

marinello59
15-04-2012, 03:34 PM

It's his age. Hobbling up those steps for the official presentation will be tough. Surely Hampden could install one of those stairlift things before the big day?

:pfgwa:flag::pfgwa

SneakersO'Toole
15-04-2012, 03:36 PM
Anyone thinking BB won't give 110% to win this match and bag himself a winners medal is bonkers IMO. His comments were maybe un-necessary however he is a professional and I believe he would secretely, deep down love to win this match with Hibs and get one over on Hearts who treated him appallingly in his 2nd stint. Anyone connected with the Hibs playing staff when we win this cup will become legends, not just the players. You can't seriously tell me he wouldn't want to be part of that.

I remember Mowbray saying on a Hibs DVD that he had mixed emotions the day we qualified for Europe in his first season because of his ties to Celtic. Where was the Hibs.net uproar when he made those comments? It seems some people just have a problem with BB and his Hearts connections and will throw the book at him for anything they can get their hands on.

Phil D. Rolls
15-04-2012, 03:37 PM
Why not?

Gross Yam Fuddery in a public place. He's been in the game long enough to know to dodge a question like that. He should be thinking about one thing at the moment, making his old employers hurt for letting him go.

Sure he can have thoughts for his Maroon pals in private, but we don't need this sort of thing at the moment.

Phil D. Rolls
15-04-2012, 03:39 PM
Anyone thinking BB won't give 110% to win this match and bag himself a winners medal is bonkers IMO. His comments were maybe un-necessary however he is a professional and I believe he would secretely, deep down love to win this match with Hibs and get one over on Hearts who treated him appallingly in his 2nd stint. Anyone connected with the Hibs playing staff when we win this cup will become legends, not just the players. You can't seriously tell me he wouldn't want to be part of that.

I remember Mowbray saying on a Hibs DVD that he had mixed emotions the day we qualified for Europe in his first season because of his ties to Celtic. Where was the Hibs.net uproar when he made those comments? It seems some people just have a problem with BB and his Hearts connections and will throw the book at him for anything they can get their hands on.

Mowbray said it after the event.

SneakersO'Toole
15-04-2012, 04:00 PM
Mowbray said it after the event.

That makes it worse. He should have known better and wasn't 'caught' so to speak saying it on live telly which although isn't excusable, is possibly understandable.

blackpoolhibs
15-04-2012, 04:05 PM
I dont understand what brown will find so difficult? Do we need someone with a split loyalty working on our coaching staff in the lead up to this game?

CallumLaidlaw
15-04-2012, 04:08 PM
Well he's on sportscene tonight so we'll see what he has to say for himself.

Stevo1875
15-04-2012, 04:17 PM
How do you think Pat Stanton might have felt if he had had had to captain Celtic against Hibs in the SC final? OK so he might not have come out and said it, but I'm sure he would have had the same feeling.

For those of us old enough, remember Denis Law's reaction when he scored for City against United a Old Trafford to relegate United.

I think BB's problem is that he speaks without thinking what the reaction will be, perhaps just to honest.

I spoke to him before the Arabs game a couple of weeks back, when asked about not ever playing for Hibs his answer without hesitation was "unfortunately that's one privilege I never had".

What we as partisan supporter think of the game and what players and managers/coaches think of the game is completely different.

:top marks
he is part of the team that got us there so lets not fall out with ourselves hours after (arguably) the greatest game in our history has just been confirmed.

:pfgwa

Phil D. Rolls
15-04-2012, 04:20 PM
That makes it worse. He should have known better and wasn't 'caught' so to speak saying it on live telly which although isn't excusable, is possibly understandable.

Here's a compromise, they were both stupid things to say.

:top marks
he is part of the team that got us there so lets not fall out with ourselves hours after (arguably) the greatest game in our history has just been confirmed.

:pfgwa

Fitba folk ken whit's gaun oan.

Viva_Palmeiras
15-04-2012, 04:24 PM

He' messin with their little mind aw ;)

Viva_Palmeiras
15-04-2012, 04:29 PM
It's his age. Hobbling up those steps for the official presentation will be tough. Surely Hampden could install one of those stairlift things before the big day?

:pfgwa:flag::pfgwa

The stairlift to heaven ? ;)

--------
15-04-2012, 04:42 PM
[

For those of us old enough, remember Denis Law's reaction when he scored for City against United at Old Trafford to relegate United.

:agree: Denis Law's reaction scoring to put United down? Here's the link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8HQhV3ujyg&feature=related

A picture's worth a thousand words.

What was BB going to say? "Naw, Ah'm a Hibee now and I hate thae Jambos' guts"?

BTW - what exactly DID he say? So often so much gets lost in translation. Maybe we should all write to Rod Petrie and get him to institute a Glorious Loyalty Oath Crusade to weed out the turncoats and fainthearts between now and the Big Day?

I don't think there's the faintest chance BB'll give anything less than his very best on 19th May.

marinello59
15-04-2012, 04:46 PM
The stairlift to heaven ? ;)

We may have our Cup final song. Who has Jimmy Page's number?

Phil D. Rolls
15-04-2012, 04:48 PM
[

:agree: Denis Law's reaction scoring to put United down? Here's the link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8HQhV3ujyg&feature=related

BTW - what exactly DID he say? So often so much gets lost in translation. Maybe we should all write to Rod Petrie and get him to institute a Glorious Loyalty Oath Crusade to weed out the turncoats and fainthearts between now and the Big Day?

I don't think there's the faintest chance BB'll give anything less than his very best on 19th May.

How about this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=xAGT0GXERT4

The Green Goblin
15-04-2012, 04:49 PM
[

Technically, that goal didnt put United down. It made it harder for them to avoid the drop though, and that's what Law knew. They could still have technically avoided it, but their form made that unlikely too. Plus, he loved United and felt bad about scoring full stop. Remember Batistuta scoring against Fiorentina a few years back and promptly bursting into tears? Mixed emotions - normal, but best to keep it private.

Phil D. Rolls
15-04-2012, 04:59 PM
Technically, that goal didnt put United down. It made it harder for them to avoid the drop though, and that's what Law knew. They could still have technically avoided it, but their form made that unlikely too. Plus, he loved United and felt bad about scoring full stop. Remember Batistuta scoring against Fiorentina a few years back and promptly bursting into tears? Mixed emotions - normal, but best to keep it private.

I remember Ralph Callachan doing much the same when he scored a goal that pretty much put Hearts down.

Dalianwanda
15-04-2012, 05:01 PM
Billy and all his family were Hibs supporters prior to him joining Hearts

His son still is a Hibby

His son ain't a hibby..he just supports who ever his dads working with

Northernhibee
15-04-2012, 05:07 PM
He' messin with their little mind aw ;)

Yep, if he were to be quoted as saying how we were going to beat the Hearts (and we will), it'd give them another reason to give everything they have - as it is, that's a pretty good answer that they won't know how to take.

One thing I always thought of BB was he was good at mind games in interviews - JJ and all.

Difference is, BB is a Hibee and will be part of the team to lead us to glory.

SquashedFrogg
15-04-2012, 06:23 PM
It is an issue.

He could just of kept his mouth shut.

:cb

So he gets asked a question live on a programme broadcast around the world and you expect him to stare at the camera, mouth shut and say nothing? Complete silence?

Do you not think that would look a little bit silly?

If you honestly don't think he'll be trying everything he can to win the cup for Hibs then you really don't know football my friend... :cb

The_Exile
15-04-2012, 06:26 PM
Of course it will be an emotional day for Billy, he wouldn't be human if it wasn't. But make no mistake, he will want this for us 110%, of that I have no doubt whatsoever.

SquashedFrogg
15-04-2012, 06:26 PM
His son ain't a hibby..he just supports who ever his dads working with

And his dad supports whatever team he's working with so what's everyone getting their knickers in a twist over?

1875 NO 1
15-04-2012, 06:32 PM

Sack him Rod

1875 NO 1
15-04-2012, 06:40 PM
I dont understand what brown will find so difficult? Do we need someone with a split loyalty working on our coaching staff in the lead up to this game?

Last derby at ER they tramps were going to warm up during game and hez shaking their hands

Russ
15-04-2012, 06:43 PM
:rolleyes:

So, lets imagine John Collins or Yogi (not likely I know but...) get the Celtic job.

They take their team to a cup final where Hibs happen to be the opponents.

Would it be a total shock if they said that playing Hibs in the final would be 'difficult'?

But they wouldn't , like when they joined them , they have always supported Celtic.

SquashedFrogg
15-04-2012, 06:47 PM
But they wouldn't , like when they joined them , they have always supported Celtic.

:yawn2:

Ok, perhaps wrong choice of people used in my example but surely you get the point?

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-04-2012, 06:47 PM
If you honestly don't think he'll be trying everything he can to win the cup for Hibs then you really don't know football my friend... :cb

Don't think thats the issue being discussed here though is it?

Tha Cabbage Kid
15-04-2012, 06:52 PM

for me it means nothing. he wont be telling the players to take it easy in the final. nor will he be trying to perswade fenlon to put big gaz and sparky on the bench. the mind set of the players will mainly be through fenlon and he has no love for the dirty pink.

SquashedFrogg
15-04-2012, 06:52 PM
Last derby at ER they tramps were going to warm up during game and hez shaking their hands

Is he a Mexican player that Hez?

Shock horror, professional shakes other professional's hand...

My boy was the mascot at a derby at Tynecastle a couple of years ago and I can reveal that Yogi shook hands with 2 Hearts players coming off after their warm up. In fact, to make matters worse, he actually spoke to them....

Obviously that meant that Yogi wasn't properly committed to his Hibs team... :rolleyes:

SquashedFrogg
15-04-2012, 06:57 PM
Don't think thats the issue being discussed here though is it?

What is the issue then? I'm confused...

BB was asked a genuine question and being a genuine kind of guy, gave a genuine answer...

If I was employed by Hearts (god forbid) I'd be doing everything possible for them to win the cup. It would be "difficult" (very difficult given the last 110 years) but that's what I'd be doing.

I'm not really sure what people wanted him to say?

Anyone who thinks he doesn't want to win the cup for Hibs next may is deluded IMO

Phil D. Rolls
15-04-2012, 07:08 PM
What is the issue then? I'm confused...

BB was asked a genuine question and being a genuine kind of guy, gave a genuine answer...

If I was employed by Hearts (god forbid) I'd be doing everything possible for them to win the cup. It would be "difficult" (very difficult given the last 110 years) but that's what I'd be doing.

I'm not really sure what people wanted him to say?

Anyone who thinks he doesn't want to win the cup for Hibs next may is deluded IMO

How about - "I'm really looking forward to the final, and I'll be doing all I can to help Hibs win it, people know my background, but right now Hibs winning that cup is all I'm thinking about". Type of thing.

Failing that he could just have laughed, and said - "question next". Not his finest media moment.

Phil D. Rolls
15-04-2012, 07:09 PM
And his dad supports whatever team he's working with so what's everyone getting their knickers in a twist over?

Apparently not 100%.

marinello59
15-04-2012, 07:12 PM
How about - "I'm really looking forward to the final, and I'll be doing all I can to help Hibs win it, people know my background, but right now Hibs winning that cup is all I'm thinking about". Type of thing.

Failing that he could just have laughed, and said - "question next". Not his finest media moment.

Yeap,, that's what we really want,when we complain about the same old media cliches being trotted out. More made for the masses quotes please. We can't handle the truth.

SquashedFrogg
15-04-2012, 07:14 PM
Apparently not 100%.

Ok.

Can I ask you a question?

Do you think BB will be trying to win the cup for Hibs in May? Take you're time on this one as it's quite a simple question...

Dalianwanda
15-04-2012, 09:08 PM

No knickers in twist here..

Dalianwanda
15-04-2012, 09:09 PM
Ok.

Do you think BB will be trying to win the cup for Hibs in May? Take you're time on this one as it's quite a simple question...

100% yes he will

Phil D. Rolls
15-04-2012, 09:12 PM
Yeap,, that's what we really want,when we complain about the same old media cliches being trotted out. More made for the masses quotes please. We can't handle the truth.

This ones a wee bit tough to swallow.

Ok.

I think, first and foremost football is the man's love. He is an honest guy and he needs to be careful with the media.

I reckon his competitive instinct will kick in, and he will be all out to win.

On reflection, there's plenty of time to get over this.

I reckon his competi

Wotherspiniesta
15-04-2012, 09:59 PM
Just listening to him just now on sportscene saying about he has "mixed feelings" about the final. The **** is that all about? How he started the season with Hearts, going in with great hopes and how he's come to Hibs and its difficult.

Brown can GTF as far as I'm concerned. People go on about how the players " don't care" and how all these loan signings are "no bothered"

Well here we have OUR ASSISTANT MANAGER saying how he has mixed feelings about the biggest game in our history.

Let's be honest here, Brown couldn't give a rats arse if we beat Hearts or not.

CropleyWasGod
15-04-2012, 10:01 PM
Just listening to him just now on sportscene saying about he has "mixed feelings" about the final. The **** is that all about? How he started the season with Hearts, going in with great hopes and how he's come to Hibs and its difficult.

Brown can GTF as far as I'm concerned. People go on about how the players " don't care" and how all these loan signings are "no bothered"

Well here we have OUR ASSISTANT MANAGER saying how he has mixed feelings about the biggest game in our history.

Let's be honest here, Brown couldn't give a rats arse if we beat Hearts or not.

You weren't listening.

The question was "would you have preferred Celtic in the final?". He answered with "I have mixed feelings on that one".

As had we all before the game.

As for your last line...... don't you think he would love to get one over on the Liths?

lapsedhibee
15-04-2012, 10:03 PM
You weren't listening.

The question was "would you have preferred Celtic in the final?". He answered with "I have mixed feelings on that one".

Didn't see any need whatsoever for him to be talking about having yams in his family.

truehibernian
15-04-2012, 10:05 PM
You weren't listening.

Sorry, didn't hear it that way.

Billy gave a good interview on his appointment, stating that there was no winning mentality at Hibs and that they were 'a wee bit soft'. If it's a winning mentality, then the answer to the question should be ' don't care who we face Rob, as long as we win'.

We'll win anyway, so Billy can fight his demons.

frazeHFC
15-04-2012, 10:07 PM
He is our assistant manager. He has a big part to play for us. If we are to win the Scottish Cup he will be integral.

Betty Boop
16-04-2012, 06:30 PM
Just heard Kevin Kyle on Real Radio. Apparently BB invited him to use Hibs facilities, to assist in his fitness and rehabilitation. Quite surprised at that, considering Riordan was refused permission to train with Hibs.

bingo70
16-04-2012, 06:33 PM
Just heard Kevin Kyle on Real Radio. Apparently BB invited him to use Hibs facilities, to assist in his fitness and rehabilitation. Quite surprised at that, considering Riordan was refused permission to train with Hibs.

Maybe they felt like Riordan would be a distraction at training and had no interest in signing him longer term so no benefit to hibs but they felt Kyle could be a potential signing target if he got fit again.

--------
16-04-2012, 06:37 PM
Maybe they felt like Riordan would be a distraction at training and had no interest in signing him longer term so no benefit to hibs but they felt Kyle could be a potential signing target if he got fit again.

And Kyle might actually BE training while he was there? As opposed to messing around? :rolleyes:

Beefster
16-04-2012, 06:38 PM

Why are you surprised?

Albion Hibs
16-04-2012, 06:44 PM
I am not one for having a go at the management team, and I did not hear what he said but I have a big issue with him if he has a problem with this situation.

He has the chance to be involved in the biggest game in our clubs history, if he is not 100% behind it then he needs to step aside. If he has such an issue with this it would not surprise me if he is still phone friends with that tw@t gary locke.

Scouse Hibee
16-04-2012, 06:50 PM
I am not one for having a go at the management team, and I did not hear what he said but I have a big issue with him if he has a problem with this situation.

He has the chance to be involved in the biggest game in our clubs history, if he is not 100% behind it then he needs to step aside. If he has such an issue with this it would not surprise me if he is still phone friends with that tw@t gary locke.

Yes you're not allowed to keep in touch with former colleagues when you change employers are you,how terrible of him if this is indeed the case!

truehibernian
16-04-2012, 06:51 PM

Don't worry Albion, Lockey's phone will be switched off from 5pm May 19th, until pre-season training. Hibs year.....guaranteed.

Albion Hibs
16-04-2012, 06:53 PM
[/B]
Yes you're not allowed to keep in touch with former colleagues when you change employers are you,how terrible of him if this is indeed the case!

In typical fashion you have missed the point. I dont care if they call each other and ask want one another is wearing etc I do care if they are talking about work or players.

I am sure that would not be the case, however, he seems to have felt it necessary to proclaim that winning a major trophy would be difficult for him at hibs.

Jim44
16-04-2012, 06:59 PM
In typical fashion you have missed the point. I dont care if they call each other and ask want one another is wearing etc I do care if they are talking about work or players.

I am sure that would not be the case, however, he seems to have felt it necessary to proclaim that winning a major trophy would be difficult for him at hibs.

Well at least he didn't proclaim that winning a major trophy would be difficult for Hibs. :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
16-04-2012, 07:02 PM

I was going to correct you AGAIN but still too happy to be bothered :greengrin

Jim44
16-04-2012, 07:37 PM
I don't think anyone's mentioned it here but when I saw Brown and McCann in the Sky studio I immediately thought that there was an imbalance of representation of the two competing clubs.especially when they were introduced as both having very strong Hearts connections. Surely Sky wouldn't have been mischief making. :rolleyes: I should also get it off my chest that I was not impressed by Brown's talking up of Skacel ........ "The best left foot I have ever seen." So what? Keep it to yourself, Billy. I know that there's divided opinion about Brown's performance yesterday but I really think he showed a real chink in his armour as the assistant manager of Hibs.

lapsedhibee
17-04-2012, 07:06 AM
I should also get it off my chest that I was not impressed by Brown's talking up of Skacel ........ "The best left foot I have ever seen." So what? Keep it to yourself, Billy. I know that there's divided opinion about Brown's performance yesterday but I really think he showed a real chink in his armour as the assistant manager of Hibs.
Not really sure he's bright enough. While Pat Nevin was making a closely argued case for the yams' pen not being a pen, backed up with detailed quotes from the :rules:, BB was like 'why not just always give a pen if the baw touches anyone's arm ever' - it was as if the intellectual strain of considering the rules, and what the rules are designed to achieve, was a bit much for him.

Holmesdale Hibs
17-04-2012, 07:13 AM
You weren't listening.

As for your last line...... don't you think he would love to get one over on the Liths?

If that's all he said then I can't see what all te fuss is about. Surely alot of us had mixed feelings, i.e. more chance of beating hearts but more to suffer if we lose. Are there seriously people on this board that haven't thought that?

Was there anything else or is that it? I only saw him after the game and thought he was ok.

Craig_in_Prague
17-04-2012, 07:18 AM
If that's all he said then I can't see what all te fuss is about. Surely alot of us had mixed feelings, i.e. more chance of beating hearts but more to suffer if we lose. Are there seriously people on this board that haven't thought that?

Was there anything else or is that it? I only saw him after the game and thought he was ok.

Have not read all this thread, but before the game he said he'd have mixed feelings about an all Edinburgh final...... I was also one of the one's not happy about this comment. He was meant to be a hibee when young, but most of all is the current assistant manager!

Why don't we build a fence in between the dug outs for the final, that way he can sit on it.

I liked how Pat and O'Brien cuddled as we won on Saturday......... We have a perfectly good assistant there waiting if BB would rather be on the dark side.

Holmesdale Hibs
17-04-2012, 08:09 AM
Have not read all this thread, but before the game he said he'd have mixed feelings about an all Edinburgh final...... I was also one of the one's not happy about this comment. He was meant to be a hibee when young, but most of all is the current assistant manager!

Why don't we build a fence in between the dug outs for the final, that way he can sit on it.

I liked how Pat and O'Brien cuddled as we won on Saturday......... We have a perfectly good assistant there waiting if BB would rather be on the dark side.

Mixed feelings is entirely different to divided loyalties. There is nothing there that suggested he'll do anything other than his best to win the cup for Hibs. Nothing even close.

Maybe he thinks we'd have had a better chance of beating Celtic?

lord bunberry
17-04-2012, 08:30 AM
Mixed feelings is entirely different to divided loyalties. There is nothing there that suggested he'll do anything other than his best to win the cup for Hibs. Nothing even close.

Maybe he thinks we'd have had a better chance of beating Celtic?

I think most people would agree that bb will be doing his job to the best of his abilities but if we lose will he be as gutted as everyone else on our side. He needs to be a bit smarter when asked these sort of questions like I said earlier people have long memories and this will come back to haunt him

--------
17-04-2012, 08:48 AM
I don't think anyone's mentioned it here but when I saw Brown and McCann in the Sky studio I immediately thought that there was an imbalance of representation of the two competing clubs.especially when they were introduced as both having very strong Hearts connections. Surely Sky wouldn't have been mischief making. :rolleyes:

I should also get it off my chest that I was not impressed by Brown's talking up of Skacel ........ "The best left foot I have ever seen." So what? Keep it to yourself, Billy. I know that there's divided opinion about Brown's performance yesterday but I really think he showed a real chink in his armour as the assistant manager of Hibs.

If Sky WERE mischief-making, it's surely worked. 85 posts and rising. :rolleyes:

As for 'talking up' Rudi Skacel - he's asked about him, he answers. What do you expect him to say? No comment? That Skacel's rubbish? Break into the Refugee Song? Skacel HAS a tremendous left foot, and someone had better be working hard on the 19th to force him as often as possible onto his right or we'll be in trouble.

Paddy Fenlon, Rod Petrie, and everyone else at ER knows that we have the chance on the 19th to get a burden off our backs that's been there for 110 years. If BB crossed a line in the Sky interview, I'm absolutely positive he's been told by now.

What's said in front of the Sky cameras is really not important. It only gains significance when we get our knickers in a twist and start analysing it the way we're doing here.

What's said in the dressing-rooms, on the training pitch and in the team-talks is what counts, and Nutsy will have that well under control, I'd say.

Of course, if we WERE to lose on the 19th, we can now all blame Billy Brown. Poor guy would probably have to move to Fez and join up with Benji to escape the fatwa. (There's original - moving TO a Muslim country to escape a fatwa ...)

"We weren't defeated in the field," we cry - "we were stabbed in the back!" (Heard that one before somewhere ...)

We have the opportunity on Saturday to sort this out once and for all.

Billy Brown should be led out to the centre-circle at half-time in chains, with a big placard round his neck like they do to condemned prisoners in China.

He reads out a full account of his crimes (Rod and Tam McCourt are even now conducting re-education sessions with him in the interrogation rooms in the basement of the West Stand) and then Tam leads him round the pitch while all loyal Hibees pelt him (BB, not Tam) with rotten fruit and slices of leathery pizza.

We then paint him fluorescent pink and send him back to Tynecastle on the back of an old pick-up truck.

Chant for the Final? "The East is Green! Long live Chairman Rod! Death to revisionist Brown!"

:devil:

Only kidding.

lapsedhibee
17-04-2012, 11:51 AM
As for 'talking up' Rudi Skacel - he's asked about him, he answers. What do you expect him to say? No comment? That Skacel's rubbish? Break into the Refugee Song?

There's a slight chance you're being facetious here but I'd actually have preferred that, as a response, to what he did actually say on the BBC about the upcoming match (dunno about the Sky interview, too poor to have non-council tellybox).

Greendub
17-04-2012, 12:08 PM
That would have been epic!

DanHFC1875
17-04-2012, 12:27 PM
He shouldn't be at Hibs, no way, it just sounded him to take a wage, I don't think he could give a flying ****

Lucius Apuleius
17-04-2012, 01:13 PM
Much ado about nothing.