PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen perspective

SquashedFrogg
15-04-2012, 10:27 AM
It would appear I may not have been at the same game yesterday as the Aberdeen fans..

Having a wee read of a few Aberdeen forums (as you do) to try and get an alternative view of yesterday's game.

As well as outnumbering us 2 to 1 they also out-sung us throughout the match. We also 'hate' Lee Griffiths apparently?

From where I was sitting/bouncing the attendance split looked near enough 50/50 (give or take a few hundred or so) and I think I only heard 3 Aberdeen songs the entire match? Forgot they were there at one point. Even after their goal we still out sung them...

Paw Broon getting absolute pelters :tee hee:

pentlando
15-04-2012, 10:31 AM
The attendance seemed fairly split to me, looked like they had more but that's because a lot of our fans were in the South stand where they had very few. To give them credit, when i watched the reply on tv this morning their songs seemed to be louder but far fewer in number. Not sure if that's to do with positioning of microphones cause we sounded very loud at the game! :pfgwa

Sas_The_Hibby
15-04-2012, 10:32 AM
Surely it's only stating the obvious to say that if you're in amongst your own fans, your fans will inevitably sound louder than the other lot? :confused:

SquashedFrogg
15-04-2012, 10:43 AM
Surely it's only stating the obvious to say that if you're in amongst your own fans, your fans will inevitably sound louder than the other lot? :confused:

Erm, yes, you are stating the obvious :agree:

Confused?? My post had nothing to do with audibility.

I wasn't comparing which fans were the loudest, I was comparing the number of songs sung...

My point was from what I witnessed they didn't appear to sing much throughout the match in comparison to our fans...

Anyway, I'm as happy as a dog with two boaby's today so unless you are going to agree 100% with me please don't comment :greengrin:greengrin

Today is the only day where I shall not be proved wrong in anything ...:na na:

(until Mrs Frogg get's involved)

The_Todd
15-04-2012, 10:44 AM
It's not that we were louder, as much as Aberdeen barely sang at all. They had a flurry of noise at 1-1, but for most of the match you could even see them just sat there. I expect better from Sheep fans, to be honest.

SquashedFrogg
15-04-2012, 10:47 AM
It's not that we were louder, as much as Aberdeen barely sang at all. They had a flurry of noise at 1-1, but for most of the match you could even see them just sat there. I expect better from Sheep fans, to be honest.

I have to say I expected more from them myself. They seemed strangely subdued, even when the match was all square. As well as bringing a bit of colour, the sheep are normally good for singing and atmosphere.

Sas_The_Hibby
15-04-2012, 10:48 AM
Erm, yes, you are stating the obvious :agree:

Confused?? My post had nothing to do with audibility.

I wasn't comparing which fans were the loudest, I was comparing the number of songs sung...

My point was from what I witnessed they didn't appear to sing much throughout the match in comparison to our fans...

Anyway, I'm as happy as a dog with two boaby's today so unless you are going to agree 100% with me please don't comment :greengrin:greengrin

Today is the only day where I shall not be proved wrong in anything ...:na na:

(until Mrs Frogg get's involved)

Yeah, fair enough, I wasn't getting at you particularly, but there's been a few discussions on here about who 'outsang' who, from people at the match, which seems a pointless exercise IMO (and an exercise to which I'm now contributing! :greengrin )

R'Albin
15-04-2012, 10:53 AM
It would appear I may not have been at the same game yesterday as the Aberdeen fans..

Having a wee read of a few Aberdeen forums (as you do) to try and get an alternative view of yesterday's game.

As well as outnumbering us 2 to 1 they also out-sung us throughout the match. We also 'hate' Lee Griffiths apparently?

From where I was sitting/bouncing the attendance split looked near enough 50/50 (give or take a few hundred or so) and I think I only heard 3 Aberdeen songs the entire match? Forgot they were there at one point. Even after their goal we still out sung them...

They are almost as delusional as the Yams, seriously. One fan said he paused the highlights and was absolutely certain that our first was offside - yet not one claim from the Aberdeen defenders: "he is, his left foot is a yard offside and his body is just slightly. Get technicall and its offside". (Aside from him speaking pish spelling technical with two L's is inexcusable!)

They cannot accept defeat at all. We as fans can accept when we are pish, and move on. They can't seem to do that, any excuse possible for losing they will use. "Och but, we had x amount of players injured" " It was the referee's fault" or "Aww but we have the best away supporters in the world like?". Does my head in.

End of the day, we beat them 2-1, we're in the cup final and your naw, so get it right up the lot of ye' :giruy:

SquashedFrogg
15-04-2012, 10:53 AM
Yeah, fair enough, I wasn't getting at you particularly, but there's been a few discussions on here about who 'outsang' who, from people at the match, which seems a pointless exercise IMO (and an exercise to which I'm now contributing! :greengrin )

I've fallen into the same trap :greengrin

Just felt the need to start a thread and waffle some pointless information relating to yesterdays game.

Other interesting facts about yesterday;

We sold more pies,
We were greener,
We were drunker,
We were sitting further East than them,
Our manager is more Irish than theirs,

The more I think about it, we beat them at everything yesterday!! :flag::flag:

givescotlandfreedom
15-04-2012, 10:54 AM
I am biased and bitter but heardly heard a peep from them except for them singing 'can you hear the Hibees sing?' when they scored. And yes, I can :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
15-04-2012, 10:56 AM

:faf:

They should be on stage. Very funny stuff

SquashedFrogg
15-04-2012, 10:56 AM
They are almost as delusional as the Yams, seriously. One fan said he paused the highlights and was absolutely certain that our first was offside - yet not one claim from the Aberdeen defenders: "he is, his left foot is a yard offside and his body is just slightly. Get technicall and its offside". (Aside from him speaking pish spelling technical with two L's is inexcusable!)

They cannot accept defeat at all. We as fans can accept when we are pish, and move on. They can't seem to do that, any excuse possible for losing they will use. "Och but, we had x amount of players injured" " It was the referee's fault" or "Aww but we have the best away supporters in the world like?". Does my head in.

End of the day, we beat them 2-1, we're in the cup final and your naw, so get it right up the lot of ye' :giruy:

:tee hee:

That's one massive left foot Garry has..:crazy:

I know it's wrong but it's nice to read through and digest other peoples pain for a change...

SquashedFrogg
15-04-2012, 10:59 AM
:faf:

They should be on stage. Very funny stuff

It's the "we hate Lee Griffiths" bit I find funniest...

Alright, I know he's caused much debate over the months but to suggest "we hate" a player who fired us into the final is downright silly :na na::na na:

R'Albin
15-04-2012, 11:02 AM
:tee hee:

That's one massive left foot Garry has..:crazy:

I know it's wrong but it's nice to read through and digest other peoples pain for a change...

I know, especially when it's their pain :greengrin

Sas_The_Hibby
15-04-2012, 11:05 AM
I've fallen into the same trap :greengrin

Just felt the need to start a thread and waffle some pointless information relating to yesterdays game.

Other interesting facts about yesterday;

We sold more pies,
We were greener,
We were drunker,
We were sitting further East than them,
Our manager is more Irish than theirs,
The more I think about it, we beat them at everything yesterday!! :flag::flag:

NOW you're talking! :greengrin

frazeHFC
15-04-2012, 11:07 AM

Outnumbering us 2 to 1 :faf: :faf: :faf: We had more than them at the game. And outsinging us :faf: :faf: :faf: They sung for a few minutes and then a bit after they scored. And we hate Leigh Griffiths :faf: :faf: :faf: Love the guy!

Cheers for the post, given me a right laugh. :thumbsup:

Moulin Yarns
15-04-2012, 11:09 AM
a bit of perspective from the South stand yesterday. The Dons fans sang a fair bit, although the repertoir was limited. to suggest they only sang when it went 1-1 is not true, it is just that our fans went quiet.

marinello59
15-04-2012, 11:12 AM
Sadly they reverted to type yesterday and deluded themselves they were still a big club. Still, I don't hold grudges against them.:greengrin
The road home was a nightmare for me. Every time I tried to pass an Aberdeen bus my car got stuck at the same speed as them for several minutes. We tried waving scarves and a Hibs flag at the Sheep to draw attention to our plight but for some strange reason all they could do was throw abuse at us.

Geo_1875
15-04-2012, 11:13 AM
I dispute the original posters claim to have heard 3 songs from the sheep. More like their 1 song 3 times.

HibsNutter
15-04-2012, 11:14 AM
I thought there were more of us than them yesterday? :confused: Also, we definately outsung them, and we didn't just shut up after the opposition scored, unlike them.

Moulin Yarns
15-04-2012, 11:21 AM
Sadly they reverted to type yesterday and deluded themselves they were still a big club. Still, I don't hold grudges against them.:greengrin
The road home was a nightmare for me. Every time I tried to pass an Aberdeen bus my car got stuck at the same speed as them for several minutes. We tried waving scarves and a Hibs flag at the Sheep to draw attention to our plight but for some strange reason all they could do was throw abuse at us.

The roadworks was funny as **** on the way home. Well done to the bus driver.

Craig_in_Prague
15-04-2012, 11:27 AM
through tv on sky you generally heard the dons fans the most... but same boring songs.
as someone else said the sound picked up maybe worked thay way. All in all it looked a good friendly atmosphere and both card displays were excellent... will we see the same today i wonder..

kaimendhibs
15-04-2012, 11:55 AM
I was in the very last seat next to segregation tape and believe me, after kick off the only time they sang was after they scored! Very poor from them, wheras hibs end was magnificent throughout:flag::flag::pfgwa

Leith Green
15-04-2012, 12:09 PM
How anybody who attended that game can seriously claim to outnumber by any sort of ratio is ridiculous at best.

It was plain to see that there was an even number of supporters 14k each as the attendance will tell you. Aberdeen fans are all trumpets!

PeterboroHibee
15-04-2012, 12:16 PM
They are generally coming across very bitter about the whole thing, but realistically, who cares what they think, we are in the final and they arent :flag:.

LeithBoozy
15-04-2012, 12:26 PM
They are generally coming across very bitter about the whole thing, but realistically, who cares what they think, we are in the final and they arent :flag:.

We would be bitter too, there is nothing worse than losing a semi-final, so near yet so far. :wink:

neilmartinrocks
15-04-2012, 12:45 PM

having had to come back hame on the same train as a shedload o' sheep fans i can say with some conviction THEY WOZ ROBBED!! THEY WOZ LOUDER!! THEY WOZ MORE NUMEROUS!!
having been at the game in the north i can also say with some conviction.:lg::taxi:giruy:

banchoryhibs
15-04-2012, 01:12 PM
but realistically, who cares what they think:.

I'll take some time to individually ask each Aberdeen fan in my work -and there are loads - what they think tomorrow (I work in the center of Aberdeen) :greengrin

Tomorrow may well prove to be a great day to be at work:flag::flag:

Tollhouse Hibee
15-04-2012, 01:58 PM
The roadworks was funny as **** on the way home. Well done to the bus driver.

He is a legend and honourary hibee

Pablo172
15-04-2012, 07:50 PM
Some strange stuff on this thread.....so will provide an AFC perspective

Re: the attendance - looked 14K each, and everyone I know agrees

Singing - heard both supports when they were in the ascendancy, first half performance did knock stuffing out of us - your own section will always sound louder

Occasion - excellent - very colourful and much more atmosphere than today's semi seemed to have. Good to have no old firm and two clubs that take more than your 5,000 or so that Motherwell or Dunfermline take.

Performance - even game, nervous first half from us, got on top second half, but Hibs front two always looked capable of producing something, whereas Brown seems to have inflicted a one-dimensional style on us

Winning Goal - thought at first Vernon was fouled by McPake - having seen TV, he wasn't, but O'Connor was offside, so it shouldn't have stood - those are the margins.

Final - good luck, hope you stuff the diet huns

JimBHibees
15-04-2012, 09:11 PM

Singing - heard both supports when they were in the ascendancy, first half performance did knock stuffing out of us - your own section will always sound louder

Occasion - excellent - very colourful and much more atmosphere than today's semi seemed to have. Good to have no old firm and two clubs that take more than your 5,000 or so that Motherwell or Dunfermline take.

Performance - even game, nervous first half from us, got on top second half, but Hibs front two always looked capable of producing something, whereas Brown seems to have inflicted a one-dimensional style on us
Winning Goal - thought at first Vernon was fouled by McPake - having seen TV, he wasn't, but O'Connor was offside, so it shouldn't have stood - those are the margins.

Personally was amazed with your style of play, we are not a good footballing team by any stretch however was amazed with the number of long balls played to Vernon/Fallon. Honestly didnt see you guys scoring until the amazing strike by Fallon which was completely out of context with your other play. Thought it odd Jack was taken off as think he is a good young player.

Thought O'Connor offside was touch and go to be fair marginally offside however not clearly.

JE89
15-04-2012, 10:03 PM
Anyone notice after the final whistle when the Dons players had left the pitch and before SoL a large section of them were clapping the Hibs players? Or did I imagine this? Maybe a Dons fan can shed some light?

Great game yesterday and literally will struggle to sleep for a month!

MB62
16-04-2012, 07:50 AM
We were in the South stand and believe it or not, I actually counted the empty sections in both ends, which was about seven each. We seemed to have more of the south stand but there was nothing in the overall attendance from both sets of fans so 50-50 would be about right.

I don't think it was a great game by any manner of means but we all had two players in O'Connor and Griffiths that capapble of scoring and this was what obviously won us the game.

I thought it was a good friendly type atmosphere on Saturday and all credit to both sets of fans for this.

O'Connor was ONSIDE for the first goal and marginally OFFSIDE for the 2nd.

Hainan Hibs
16-04-2012, 07:54 AM

Can't argue with much if any of that. Think our front two were the difference on the day.

The Sea-gull
16-04-2012, 08:13 AM
Is there any way we can get the attendance figures from the game for tickets sold by each club. Has anyone posted this information anywhere?

To me it looked like it was fairly even, perhaps slightly more Dons fans there but no way was there 18k Dons as that would have meant there was only 10k Hibs and there was absolutely no danger the ratio was almost 2 to 1.

I hate all this "we're a bigger club than you chat" that Hibs/Hearts/Aberdeen fans sometimes embroil ourselves in. There is not much in it between the three if all are going well. Having said that, it is annoying if some internet myth starts getting peddled about them out numbering us by 2 to 1 and then is harked back to further down the years as fact.

It seems what has happened is some where it has come out that Aberdeen sold 18k tickets for the game and that is now the figure being quoted by Dons fans on their sites. I watched the game back and Liam McLeod even uses the figure in his commentary a couple of times FFS. They may have sold 18k but if that is the case, I would suggest a good 3 or 4k or those never made it on the day.

Would be good to get it cleared up.

Spike Mandela
16-04-2012, 08:29 AM
Is there any way we can get the attendance figures from the game for tickets sold by each club. Has anyone posted this information anywhere?

To me it looked like it was fairly even, perhaps slightly more Dons fans there but no way was there 18k Dons as that would have meant there was only 10k Hibs and there was absolutely no danger the ratio was almost 2 to 1.

I hate all this "we're a bigger club than you chat" that Hibs/Hearts/Aberdeen fans sometimes embroil ourselves in. There is not much in it between the three if all are going well. Having said that, it is annoying if some internet myth starts getting peddled about them out numbering us by 2 to 1 and then is harked back to further down the years as fact.

It seems what has happened is some where it has come out that Aberdeen sold 18k tickets for the game and that is now the figure being quoted by Dons fans on their sites. I watched the game back and Liam McLeod even uses the figure in his commentary a couple of times FFS. They may have sold 18k but if that is the case, I would suggest a good 3 or 4k or those never made it on the day.

Would be good to get it cleared up.

Dinnae even give it a second thought. We will have more supporters than them at tha Final, THAT is the most important thing.:thumbsup: