PDA

View Full Version : Much of a Muchness?

ahibby
15-04-2012, 10:18 AM
I thought I'd listen to Craig Brown's interview to see whether he would give credit where credit is due. I should have known better. He described Hibs as being much of a muchness. I have no idea what that means. Can anyone explain what he was getting at please?

Aldo
15-04-2012, 10:23 AM
I thought I'd listen to Craig Brown's interview to see whether he would give credit where credit is due. I should have known better. He described Hibs as being much of a muchness. I have no idea what that means. Can anyone explain what he was getting at please?

Stinks of sour grapes tbh. They played hoofball for just Bout all of the match but we Sussed that out from the off. For me we played the better football and had better chances.

Broon. GIRFUY

CallumLaidlaw
15-04-2012, 10:26 AM
Aberdeen never really threatened all game apart from fallons wonder strike.

pentlando
15-04-2012, 10:26 AM

I though he said it when describing differences between the two teams, think he realised that he won't get any better chance to get a team to the Scottish Cup Final and I can't argue with him there. He did wish us the best of luck, which is probably all we can hope for from him.

Onion
15-04-2012, 10:36 AM
Could describe both side like that. Aberdeen are poor side with no cutting edge. It took a wonder goal to beat our defence cos they created very little during the 90 and our keeper(s) had to make very few saves. What Hibs do have are two strikers who on their day are as good as any in the SPL.

Whoever wins the match today will be HUGE favourites to win the cup, and Hibs will have to play much better than yesterday to break our hoodoo. But you never know. Cup wins are often as much about luck and desire than skill and ability - so if all 14 Hibs players can play with as much heart as McPake and we get a massive amount of luck .....

Sas_The_Hibby
15-04-2012, 10:38 AM
Thought his comments were perfectly fair. Or should he have said "Hibs gave us a masterclass in silky smooth cool and collected football today"? :confused:

I thought there was little between the teams. Aberdeen had more pressure but did little with it. Game could easily have gone either way.

Or does this make me disloyal? :wink:

ahibby
15-04-2012, 10:38 AM
I though he said it when describing differences between the two teams, think he realised that he won't get any better chance to get a team to the Scottish Cup Final and I can't argue with him there. He did wish us the best of luck, which is probably all we can hope for from him.

Cheers for that. So what he was saying is there isn't much between the two teams. Generally I go along with him but on the day I think we made the better chances, showed more determination and savvy, but getting him to see that or say that would be asking too much. Hibs simply better on the day.

Billy Whizz
15-04-2012, 10:39 AM

He also said that his goalie didn't have a safe to make which is technically right, but he let 2 in. Also didn't think Stack/Brown had a save to make

Jim44
15-04-2012, 10:43 AM
Brown likes to think he comes across as a level headed, fair-minded individual but he's as bitter and twisted as the next guy. I remember, on more than one occasion, when his team had lost to teams reduced to ten men through sending off, he seriously claimed that the referee had penalised his team by giving the other team an unfair disadvantage in increased motivation.

cabbageandribs1875
15-04-2012, 11:05 AM
He also said that his goalie didn't have a safe to make which is technically right, but he let 2 in. Also didn't think Stack/Brown had a save to make

although the game was only yesterday, i can't remember if it was stack or brown that saved the header right in front of the goal from considine, he headed it straight at the GK :) i 'think' it was maybe stack :rolleyes:

BEEJ
15-04-2012, 01:09 PM
I thought "much of a muchness" was reference to the fact that there has been barely anything between the sides in previous encounters this season. Can't disagree with that.

In truth, I thought it was the same yesterday. I thought our midfield was posted missing for large parts of yesterday's match.