PDA

View Full Version : Bbc

HibeesLittleHel
15-04-2012, 09:41 AM
A bif Fu**in' BOO to the BBC!
Their coverage of the semi final in Friday's tea time newscast, the traditional time to talk up the matches was abysmal. Paul frickin' Hartley giving us barely 5 seconds of comment. "Aberdeen to win cause they've not been badder than Hubs this sesaon"
No trailers for the live match cast THEY were screening (that I saw TBF)
Then last night's BBC news at tea time trhey showed brief highlights on the sports report and managed to cut to the news just before Sparky's shot hit the onion bag.
This morning I sat down to watch the recording I'd made of yesterday's live matchcast, mostly to see the gaols and get the after match reaction. What happened/ A quick 5 mins with Mixu and at (fair enough) then off to Melrose for several hours of egg chasing by too few players on too big a pitch. No post match interviews, no post mathc experience. Boll*x!
Amateur and abysmal...Fu**in' BOO!

PS Great day, great result, great Fans and great Celebrations,'mon the Hibees!!!

Col2
15-04-2012, 09:46 AM
A bif Fu**in' BOO ti tbe BBC!
Their coverage of the semi final in Friday's tea time newscast, the traditional time to talk up the matches was abysmal. Paul frickin' Hartley giving us barely 5 seconds of comment. "Aberdeen to win cause they've not been badder than Hubs this sesaon"
No trailers for the live match cast THEY were screening (that I saw TBF)
Then last night's BBC news at tea time trhey showed brief highlights on the sports report and managed to cut to the news just before Sparky's shot hit the onion bag.
This morning I sat down to watch the recording I'd made of yesterday's live matchcast, mostly to see the gaols and get the after match reaction. What happened/ A quick 5 mins with Mixu and at (fair enough) then off to Melrose for several hours of egg chasing by too few players on too big a pitch. No post match interviews, no post mathc experience. Boll*x!
Amateur and abysmal...Fu**in' BOO!

PS Great day, great result, great Fans and great Celebrations,'mon the Hibees!!!

Sky coverage was superb, recorded it and watched today. Loads of after match stuff.

HibeesLittleHel
15-04-2012, 09:54 AM
Sky coverage was superb, recorded it and watched today. Loads of after match stuff.
That's comforting for those of us with only council telly!! I don't notpay my TV licence for this level of sevice!!

Beefster
15-04-2012, 10:01 AM
What about those of us at the game? No pre-match trailers or build-up (unless you count having to wait 20 minutes to get served in the Beechwood and then scoof multiple pints in 15 minutes), no Neil McCann talking pish in mangled English at half-time and no after-match discussion from other 'experts'.

I'll be writing to the SFA to complain.

ahibby
15-04-2012, 10:08 AM
Watching BBC News this morning and the sport content consisted of the Grand National, The Chinese Grand Prix, Everton v Liverpool and Spurs v Chelsea. Not a mention to the other Scottish semi today or the one yesterday. Why we pay the same amount for a tv licence as them down souf I have no idea. They should rename the BBC the EBC! We don't pay for Channel 5 with our tv licence but they didn't mention any Scottish cup games in their news either but did show Liverpool v Everton.

greenlex
15-04-2012, 10:15 AM
Independence. Its the only real alternative to second (maybe not even thatt) citizenship.

HibsNutter
15-04-2012, 10:26 AM
Independence. Its the only real alternative to second (maybe not even thatt) citizenship.

:agree:

Part/Time Supporter
15-04-2012, 10:30 AM
The BBC online stream did not work until 60 minutes were played.

ancient hibee
15-04-2012, 10:37 AM

Then we could have TV West of Scotland.

In Reporting Scotland after the Motherwell game the summing up was"Hibs failed to pull away from Dunfermline after Motherwell held them to a draw".I had to have a quick look to see who were 3rd and who were 11th.

ahibby
15-04-2012, 10:41 AM
Then we could have TV West of Scotland.

In Reporting Scotland after the Motherwell game the summing up was"Hibs failed to pull away from Dunfermline after Motherwell held them to a draw".I had to have a quick look to see who were 3rd and who were 11th.

Atleast we got a mention from West of Scotland tv, slanted as it may be. We don't exist on BBC News nor Channel 5 News yesterday and this morning.