PDA

View Full Version : Ian Black on Hearts v Celtic

hibsbollah
15-04-2012, 07:59 AM
"I'd say this is more or less the Cup Final".

http://m.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/scottish-cup-ian-black-insists-he-has-tempered-his-style-ahead-of-clash-with-scott-brown-1-2235591

One for Fenlon to pin on the dressing room
wall if the Merricks make the final :greengrin

lyonhibs
15-04-2012, 08:04 AM
Wow. Just when I thought I couldn't detest that rat-faced toerag any more!!!

I hope Celtc absolutely shoe them today. I want Hearts to lose every game they play, at whatever level, in whatever sport. It could be U-15 tiddlywinks for all I care.

Onion
15-04-2012, 08:05 AM

http://m.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/scottish-cup-ian-black-insists-he-has-tempered-his-style-ahead-of-clash-with-scott-brown-1-2235591

:agree: If the Yams make it through, these 10 words are all the team talk Hibs team need. Thanks Mr Black :greengrin

The Harp
15-04-2012, 08:08 AM
Wow. Just when I thought I couldn't detest that rat-faced toerag any more!!!

I hope Celtc absolutely shoe them today. I want Hearts to lose every game they play, at whatever level, in whatever sport. It could be U-15 tiddlywinks for all I care.

Pretty much sums it up for me. Spot on!:aok:

Hainan Hibs
15-04-2012, 08:14 AM
Like others have already stated I'd love to play hearts in the final but I want them completely and utterly destroyed today. Detest that club.

Jim44
15-04-2012, 08:19 AM
I hope this dismissal of us changes the opinions of some of the legions of Hibbys on this board who are deperate for a Jambo win today. Somehow however I think it might do the opposite. It's still Celtic for me tho'.

Part/Time Supporter
15-04-2012, 08:24 AM
Typical thick footballer. He completely contradicts himself in the next sentence.

“I’d say this is more or less the Cup final" -- ie if Hearts win today they would almost certainly win the final

"People would maybe say we’d be favourites if we get to the final but it doesn’t matter who the favourites are – it’s about how you do on the day." -- ie if Hearts win today they would be favourites in the final, but that wouldn't really matter

:greengrin

Geo_1875
15-04-2012, 09:04 AM
Typical thick footballer. He completely contradicts himself in the next sentence.

“I’d say this is more or less the Cup final" -- ie if Hearts win today they would almost certainly win the final

"People would maybe say we’d be favourites if we get to the final but it doesn’t matter who the favourites are – it’s about how you do on the day." -- ie if Hearts win today they would be favourites in the final, but that wouldn't really matter

:greengrin

A perfect example of why football clubs should ban players from speaking to the media. They did not become footballers because they are our brightest and best. We should also remember that you don't get to see/hear the leading questions which prompt their often contentious responses. That said, Black is a horrible Yam **** and I wouldn't feel any sympathy if he was the victim of a career ending tackle or a nasty disease.

Baader
15-04-2012, 09:12 AM
Black should stick to what he's good at. Painting gutters.

justlikebrazil
15-04-2012, 09:17 AM
As much as I would love the ****os to get to the final. Trust me they will get pumped by at least 3 goals today :aok: Europe here we come Black :na na:

HH81
15-04-2012, 09:27 AM
Couple of hearts fans won't be there to see the game, sat in Queen street station, had to have a chuckle.

yeezus.
15-04-2012, 09:30 AM
such arrogance .. the amount of Aberdeen fans that assumed they were in the final was unreal

GGTTH

marinello59
15-04-2012, 09:37 AM
such arrogance .. the amount of Aberdeen fans that assumed they were in the final was unreal

GGTTH

The sheep were delighted when they drew us for the semi, they thought they were as good as through already. It wasn't just the fans though. Listen to Craig Browns self pitying post match interview. He was totally devastated because they would ''never have a better chance of getting to a final'' Erse.

Hibernia&Alba
15-04-2012, 09:38 AM
"More or less the cup final".

Aye, that's why it's called the semi then. Prick.

Eyrie
15-04-2012, 10:54 AM
He's right, but only because this is the equivalent of the final for Hearts since Celtc will beat them comfortably.

A perfect example of why football clubs should ban players from speaking to the media. They did not become footballers because they are our brightest and best. We should also remember that you don't get to see/hear the leading questions which prompt their often contentious responses.
I'd think it's up to the club who they nominate for the interview, and surely the player must get some advice from their club's PR before it takes place?

Which would mean Black is one of the brighter buttons at the PBS.

givescotlandfreedom
15-04-2012, 10:59 AM
He's right, but only because this is the equivalent of the final for Hearts since Celtc will beat them comfortably.

I'd think it's up to the club who they nominate for the interview, and surely the player must get some advice from their club's PR before it takes place?

Which would mean Black is one of the brighter buttons at the PBS.

Hearts PR told us they'd win the Champions' League, sign two world cup stars, build a £35m new stand and hotel complex, they had the power of Rima and her golden stick and many more. With all of that, this is mild :greengrin :lolyam:

SloopJB
15-04-2012, 11:06 AM

In way he has a point, for either Celtic or Hearts this will be their final game in the competition this year. He just lacks the ability to understand the concept of a knockout competition. More to be pitied than
scolded.

Thomson1875
15-04-2012, 11:06 AM
I hate him with a passion along with paul hartley.

Hate them all. As much as i have said i wouldn't like that lot in the final, sticking there 1902 patter up there jacksie sounds magic.

The majority of hearts fans i know have got it in there head it's already a hibs hearts final... :rolleyes:

Sas_The_Hibby
15-04-2012, 11:11 AM
:agree: If the Yams make it through, these 10 words are all the team talk Hibs team need. Thanks Mr Black :greengrin

Though perhaps we should start a thread on whether "I'd" is one word or really two words hyphenated! :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
15-04-2012, 11:13 AM
i wish sellick had saved 3 of the 6 goals against killie just for this game against the yamboids

Hibercelona
15-04-2012, 11:14 AM
"A cup win over Celtic wouldn’t do that ambition any harm."

:faf:

A crunching tackle that will see you out for 6 months won't do us any harm ya toss.

Eyrie
15-04-2012, 11:33 AM
"A cup win over Celtic wouldn’t do that ambition any harm."

:faf:

A crunching tackle that will see you out for 6 months won't do us any harm ya toss.
Even better if that tackle means a six month suspension for Black.