PDA

View Full Version : Today was why.............

lyonhibs
15-04-2012, 12:17 AM
we travel hundreds of miles, spend hundreds of pounds and hundreds of hours following Hibs. Why sometimes, after the nth defeat at home to Hearts you find yourself scratching your heid and wondering, "Why do I do this to myself"

We do it because we follow the greatest Football club in the world, that arouses emotions and passions like no other. I'm sure any football fan of any football club would say the same of their club, but today reinforced for me how much more worth it following Hibs is, on those rare days when it all comes together and you can experience joy unrefined and unrestricted.

Many folk on here have racked up more miles and more ££££ than me following Hibs, but the support today was nothing short of extraordinary. At no point did our heads go down, despite some serious "heart in mouth" moments for large swathes of the middle third of the match. I honestly felt we were going to win today, long before kick-off, and the Hibee Army definitely helped us across the finish line!!!

Having been denied - thanks to a mate's incompetence - the chance to be at the CIS Cup Final in 07, today was my 1st time of seeing Hibs win at Hampden. When the final whistle went, I can unashamedly say I went beserk like I've never done before at a football match. The rendition of Sunshine on Leith brought more than a single tear to my eye, so God knows what nick I'll be in if we win the final.

A fantastic day, for a magnificent support and a great club who - just might - do it this year. Come what may, we'll always have today to reflect on!!

GGTTH :flag:

Liberal Hibby
15-04-2012, 12:33 AM
we travel hundreds of miles, spend hundreds of pounds and hundreds of hours following Hibs. Why sometimes, after the nth defeat at home to Hearts you find yourself scratching your heid and wondering, "Why do I do this to myself"

We do it because we follow the greatest Football club in the world, that arouses emotions and passions like no other. I'm sure any football fan of any football club would say the same of their club, but today reinforced for me how much more worth it following Hibs is, on those rare days when it all comes together and you can experience joy unrefined and unrestricted.

Many folk on here have racked up more miles and more ££££ than me following Hibs, but the support today was nothing short of extraordinary. At no point did our heads go down, despite some serious "heart in mouth" moments for large swathes of the middle third of the match. I honestly felt we were going to win today, long before kick-off, and the Hibee Army definitely helped us across the finish line!!!

Having been denied - thanks to a mate's incompetence - the chance to be at the CIS Cup Final in 07, today was my 1st time of seeing Hibs win at Hampden. When the final whistle went, I can unashamedly say I went beserk like I've never done before at a football match. The rendition of Sunshine on Leith brought more than a single tear to my eye, so God knows what nick I'll be in if we win the final.

A fantastic day, for a magnificent support and a great club who - just might - do it this year. Come what may, we'll always have today to reflect on!!

GGTTH :flag:

You sum up why I was there today. It was my first match this season - I'm a glory hunter clearly but, but today (yesterday) reconfirmed all the reasons why I'm Hibs, Scottish and a football supporter.

I hoped we'd lose today in a way - only because it meant I didn't need to fund another trip - and my mental capacity for further hampden humilitations is probably about at it's end...

But we won.

And that's all there is to say until next time.