PDA

View Full Version : We Should Not Underestimate The Significance of Today's Result

Dashing Bob S
15-04-2012, 12:09 AM
Not wanting to turn this into another Fenlon love-in, but he really has stopped the rot, and we can start looking ahead again.

For the first time in a long time, (perhaps since the League Cup final in 2007) we have a situation whereby Hibs can look forward to a game where the demand by our fans for a seat will greatly exceed the number available. The board probably has to tie a priority for a cup final brief into the purchase of season tickets. This will get plenty people who were swithering back onside, and arrest the decline in our club.

If Calderwood had stuck around a little longer, we would have been bound for Div One, 2,000 ST's and being sucked into a financial meltdown. Even had we lost, I could have seen us struggle to get 5,000 ST's with the economy, our poor performances and the general malaise of Scottish football.

Fenlon, and in particular, today's result, might have saved the club from a long period of decline.

Mikey
15-04-2012, 12:14 AM
Today's result saved next season. Simple as that.

May 19th will look after itself.

smurf
15-04-2012, 01:46 AM
A great day for all concerned with the club we all love. Delighted for everyone. Owner, Chairman, Board, Manager, Coaching Staff and Players. However, more than any delighted for our supporters.

Pretty Boy
15-04-2012, 08:15 AM
Today's result saved next season. Simple as that.

May 19th will look after itself.

Well put Mikey.

I've been back and forth for weeks about getting a season ticket next year, there's now no way I won't get one. If a few more feel the same way, and I'm sure they will, then all the better.

If we win the cup then it will be absolutely fantastic. If we don't, well we have had plenty practice waiting. Fact is that buying a season ticket, membership or being a regular walk up will help the club have more days like yesterday in the future.

Golden Bear
15-04-2012, 09:13 AM
So far so good is all I'm saying at this stage.