PDA

View Full Version : Tickets Tickets for the final

Pages : [1] 2

Newhaven
14-04-2012, 05:23 PM
What do we think? 1 per current season ticket then members then new seasons??

Baldy Foghorn
14-04-2012, 05:25 PM

That would be fair, however there is going to be a scramble whatever happens.:greengrin

PatHead
14-04-2012, 05:26 PM
I Think anyone who never goes except cup finals followed by members then last of all season ticket holders:devil:

Bristolhibby

I recon that is exactly what will happen. With general sale at the end.

J

MSK
What do we think? 1 per current season ticket then members then new seasons??Nope ..free for all ...:agree:

hibee_girl
14-04-2012, 05:28 PM
I reckon they'll give us 2 per season ticket, it's not like we've got over 10,000 so there'll still be enough for general sale!

Scouse Hibee
14-04-2012, 05:28 PM

:agree: The only way.

Hibernia&Alba
14-04-2012, 05:30 PM
Hampden isnae big enough, especially if it's Yambo in the final. I just hope those who care the most all get one, whoever they may be.

Franck Stanton
14-04-2012, 05:33 PM

If this is the case then I think quite a few lapsed S/T holders who were undecided as to whether or not to renew will do so to ensure Final ticket. Could be a good selling point for the Club.

LeithBoozy
14-04-2012, 05:34 PM
Famous five and West stand only, keep the riff-raff out !

Baldy Foghorn
14-04-2012, 05:35 PM
If this is the case then I think quite a few lapsed S/T holders who were undecided as to whether or not to renew will do so to ensure Final ticket. Could be a good selling point for the Club.

Hope so, would be good to increase PF's budget on the back of a Final....

GreenCastle
14-04-2012, 05:36 PM
The club have a great chance to get some more season tickets sold :agree:

essexhibee
14-04-2012, 05:37 PM
Can two from Essex come aswell please? Had no voice left after the match I promise :greengrin

Malthibby
14-04-2012, 05:39 PM
Famous five and West stand only, keep the riff-raff out !

Absolutely, the East Standers would just turn up & sing & dance & be disrespectful to their elders.
I want a spare seat for my picnic basket.
GG

Keith_M
14-04-2012, 05:40 PM
Oh dear, the semi-final day isn't even finished and it's started already :greengrin

My priority for tickets would be in this order:

1) Me
2) Anyone with a Hibs Tattoo
3) People who are "in the know"
4) The Fish Man
5) People with ticket stubs from the '79 Cup final
6) People with STs or ticket stubs from over half of the games we played in seasons 98-99 or 80-81
7) Anbody who has personally ever spoken to a member of the Famous Five
8) ST Holders for next season
9) ST holders for this season
10) Club Members
11) Celtc/Hearts fans who couldn't get a ticket for their own end
12) Everybody else (except 13)
13) Blackpool Hibs

NOTE: Being in multiple categories does not entitle you to more than one ticket, unless you're me, which you're not

Sweep
14-04-2012, 05:42 PM
How many have we sold so far? :wink::greengrin

blueisthecolour
14-04-2012, 05:46 PM
If hearts make the final it will be a 50/50 split with tickets if celtic make it what do hibs expect to get for the final?

Keith_M
14-04-2012, 05:47 PM
If hearts make the final it will be a 50/50 split with tickets if celtic make it what do hibs expect to get for the final?

Exactly the same.

It's the SFA rule that, if a club can sell 50% of the tickets, then that is what they get. That helps to prevent a neutral occasion being like a home game for one of the teams.

Nuitdelune
14-04-2012, 05:48 PM
Oh dear, the semi-final day isn't even finished and it's started already :greengrin

1) Me
4) The Fish Man
6) People with STs or ticket stubs from over half of the games we played in seasons 98-99 or 80-81
10) Club Members
13) Blackpool Hibs

NOTE: Being in multiple categories does not entitle you to more than one ticket, unless you're me, which you're not

I will get a tattoo on Monday

Mikey_1875
14-04-2012, 05:49 PM

50/50 aswell id think. I reckon we could sell 25000 or so for the final. We can give back any excess but I think therll be quite a rush for them. Might need to look out the sleeping bag and camper seat!

Keith_M
14-04-2012, 05:49 PM

Good man :thumbsup:

GreenCastle
14-04-2012, 05:50 PM

Last time we played Celtic in SC Final it was 50 / 50

Hibs fans being in the opposite end from today.

Think we will easily sell 25,000 :agree:

Nuitdelune
14-04-2012, 06:21 PM
Good man :thumbsup:

WoMan--where does one have to get it, to be able to prove it for the ticket

Scouse Hibee
14-04-2012, 06:26 PM
WoMan--where does one have to get it, to be able to prove it for the ticket

Any shaveable area will do!

Arms or legs :greengrin

TornadoHibby
14-04-2012, 06:51 PM

Sorry, did you mean to say "Public Sale first" and let people have as many as they like! :rolleyes: :greengrin

ST holders got 2 each for the semi final so they get less for the final?!! :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
14-04-2012, 06:59 PM
In the spirit of "anything is worth a try", I reckon all ST holders should be banned from the final. They're just a freaking jinx.

Littlest Hobo
14-04-2012, 07:00 PM
The fans who turned up today should get first shout as everyone of them were pure dead brilliant :agree:

Hope ye all kept yer ticket stubs :aok:

Billy Whizz
14-04-2012, 07:01 PM
Only about 41,000 go on sale, the other 11,000 or so go to sponsors, corporate etc. Last season Celtic got 25,000 and Motherwell only got 16,000 although they asked for 20,000. In Rod we trust to ensure a 50/50 split.
I'm sure season ticket holders will get 2 each and the rest for membership and public sale.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/motherwell/2011/04/27/motherwell-disappointed-at-sfa-decision-to-award-celtic-more-cup-final-tickets-86908-23089453/

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/241623/Motherwell-demand-half-share-of-Hampden-tickets-Motherwell-demand-half-share-of-Hampden-tickets-Motherwell-demand-half-share-of-Hampden-tickets-Motherwell-demand-half-share-of-Hampden-tickets

hibbymac
14-04-2012, 07:01 PM

:stirrer:

The_Todd
14-04-2012, 07:02 PM
Should be in this order.

ST holders +1 (either this season or next)
Members +1
Anyone who are none of the above but bought a semi ticket
Random hangers on \ fair weather fans \ glory hunters \ lapsed fans \ Joe Bloggs.

Scouse Hibee
14-04-2012, 07:03 PM
You must have a permanent address within ten miles of Easter Road, no-one else should be considered unless:

They attended today
They have a ST
They know the words to sunshine on leith
They hate jambos

:greengrin

HibeesLA
14-04-2012, 07:05 PM
Should be in this order.

Members +1
Anyone on the Hibs.net International Supporters Board :greengrin
Random hangers on \ fair weather fans \ glory hunters \ lapsed fans \ Joe Bloggs.

Added a new, possibly slightly biased, category

BoltonHibee
14-04-2012, 07:06 PM
Do you think you will be able to pay at the gate?

Beefster
14-04-2012, 07:08 PM
Should be in this order.

Members +1

Exactly what I was just about to suggest.

Littlest Hobo
14-04-2012, 07:08 PM
I don't have any Hibs Tatoos but I have plenty of mental scars to last a lifetime and yet for some reason I keep coming back.

That's the type of supporter I'd like to see get first divvy on tickets :agree:

--------
14-04-2012, 07:09 PM
you must have a permanent address within ten miles of easter road, no-one else should be considered unless:

They attended today
they have a st
they know the words to sunshine on leith
they hate jambos

Everybody hates jambos.

cabbageandribs1875
14-04-2012, 07:12 PM
this always happens, i'm sick and tired of us getting to all these finals....look at all the hassle it brings

:cb

GreenCastle
14-04-2012, 07:15 PM
They should have just started selling them outside hampden today after the final whistle to all who were there :stirrer:

The_Todd
14-04-2012, 07:15 PM
Everybody hates jambos.

Indeed. Judging by reading Yakback most of the time even Jambos hate Jambos.

CropleyWasGod
14-04-2012, 07:17 PM
They should have just started selling them outside hampden today after the final whistle to all who were there :stirrer:

They did. We have sold out our allocation already.

Didn't you get yours? Awwwwwww, shame....

GreenCastle
14-04-2012, 07:21 PM
They did. We have sold out our allocation already.

Didn't you get yours? Awwwwwww, shame....

Still got my semi stub - will be contacting the Hibs ticket office to make sure I get my ticket for the final :aok:

LeithBoozy
14-04-2012, 07:22 PM
Joking apart, after a season of falling crowds at ER, the fact the team managed to win the semi will be a massive boast to our budget. I believe the semi-final money is pooled between the four teams and it wont matter who we get in the final, it should be a sell out regardless. TV money and merchandise for the final will bring in a pretty penny, hopefully Pat will get some of it for some new faces, contracts ect. :wink:

CropleyWasGod
14-04-2012, 07:23 PM
Still got my semi stub - will be contacting the Hibs ticket office to make sure I get my ticket for the final :aok:

You'll struggle, mate. There was a queue of part-time glory-hunters at the ticket booth the moment Garry's goal went in.

Sorry.

Littlest Hobo
14-04-2012, 07:28 PM
The faces you see regularly at games, the same faces you see everytime you go to Easter Road or to an away game. You might not know their names or who they are or where they come from but if you saw them pass you in the street you know they are Hibs.

That's who I really hope get tickets before the glory hunters :thumbsup:

AlbertK86
14-04-2012, 07:29 PM
Should be in this order.

Members +1

Defo fairest way

I ain't a ST Holder or member due to work commitments but was there today and go when i can

Totally agree all regulars should get a ticket first and if i miss out then so be it but i will be gutted. 15K there today so i expect all ST and members bar a few were there today. Anybody who has there stub from today should then get an option before anybody else

No matter how it pans out..... mon the cabbage

GGTTH

franks
14-04-2012, 07:37 PM
we'll be there,trust me !

madabouthibs
14-04-2012, 07:39 PM
1. Season Ticket holders - 1 each
2. Members - 1 each
3. Semi stub holders that are none of the above - 1 per stub
4. General sale

We'll only get 22k tickets maximum, due to having a sheggite national stadium. :confused:
I'd hate to get locked out of this one, me and my lad don't have seasons, but we make about 10 to 12 games a season, I couldn't handle telling him we have no tickets for the final!!! :paranoid:

GreenCastle
14-04-2012, 07:39 PM
I am sure Hibs could sell some tickets for the last home games of the season with some sort of priority for the final also - sure RP will be all over it.

zlatan
14-04-2012, 07:42 PM
I am sure Hibs could sell some tickets for the last home games of the season with some sort of priority for the final also - sure RP will be all over it.

I can see that as well

Season ticket holders
Members/new ST folk
Those at the semi
Those that buy the post split game package
Plebs

As a pleb I look forward to the drive through from Glasgow and overnight camp for tickets.

franks
14-04-2012, 07:43 PM
The faces you see regularly at games, the same faces you you go to Easter Road or to an away game. You might not know their names or who they are or where they come from but if you saw them pass you in the street you know they are Hibs.

That's who I really hope get tickets before the glory hunters :thumbsup:

They will all be there I assure you.

jgl07
14-04-2012, 07:43 PM

I would think that new season ticket holders will get priority over current members. They may even get priority over current season ticket holders who have yet to renew.

The objective for Hibs will be to increase season ticket holders for next season and to pursuade current members to upgrade to season tickets for next year.

It will become a marketing exercise for tickets for next season. Petrie will not let an opportunity like this go away without capitalizing on it.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is rather naive.

GreenCastle
14-04-2012, 07:46 PM
Situations like this don't happen that often but a loyalty points system for season tickets bought, walk ups, merchandise bought etc would surely be the easiest way to manage it :agree:

Scouse Hibee
14-04-2012, 07:56 PM
I would think that new season ticket holders will get priority over current members. They may even get priority over current season ticket holders who have yet to renew.

The objective for Hibs will be to increase season ticket holders for next season and to pursuade current members to upgrade to season tickets for next year.

It will become a marketing exercise for tickets for next season. Petrie will not let an opportunity like this go away without capitalizing on it.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is rather naive.

No chance whatsoever of that happening!

jgl07
14-04-2012, 08:02 PM
Situations like this don't happen that often but a loyalty points system for season tickets bought, walk ups, merchandise bought etc would surely be the easiest way to manage it :agree:

Hibs would requiire oa formal system of 'loyalty point' to make this work. It will work for members at home matches but not for away games.

It should not be a major issue as I doubt that Hibs have more than 10,000 season ticket holders and members and should be allocated in excess of 20,000 tickets.

HH81
14-04-2012, 08:05 PM
Same arrangement as the semi final. I don't get the panic, least its making us laugh.

Scouse Hibee
14-04-2012, 08:07 PM
Same arrangement as the semi final. I don't get the panic, least its making us laugh.

:agree: Exactly!

ALF TUPPER
14-04-2012, 08:25 PM
Absolutely, the East Standers would just turn up & sing & dance & be disrespectful to their elders.
I want a spare seat for my picnic basket.
GG

Absolutely agree. Famous Five seasons only.
Do our butlers not automatically get a ticket? . Who the hell is going to serve my half time canapes . ?

Petrie ?????

ALF TUPPER
14-04-2012, 08:26 PM
Hibees in the SC Final ??? Enter the glory hunters !!!

GreenCastle
14-04-2012, 08:31 PM
Just make it pay at the gate - that would make it interesting and get the crowd in early for the card display :greengrin and show who the real die hards are :wink:

CropleyWasGod
14-04-2012, 08:33 PM
Those with most posts on the "Huns in admin" thread get first dibs..

:cb

Nuitdelune
14-04-2012, 08:39 PM
Any shaveable area will do!

Arms or legs :greengrin

Upper lip it is the :wink:

marinello59
14-04-2012, 08:39 PM
13) Blackpool Hibs

:faf:
(Sorry BH)

thebakerboy
14-04-2012, 08:56 PM

1) Me
4) The Fish Man
10) Club Members
13) Blackpool Hibs

What about someone who knew Bobby Combe the sixth of the famous five and also knew Joe Baker , Eric Stevenson , Alan Gordon , Jimmy O'rourke , Pat Stanton , and Gordon Rae

Scouse Hibee
14-04-2012, 08:58 PM
What about someone who knew Bobby Combe the sixth of the famous five and also knew Joe Baker , Eric Stevenson , Alan Gordon , Jimmy O'rourke , Pat Stanton , and Gordon Rae

StevieC
14-04-2012, 09:03 PM

Current season ticket holders will be top of the list, regardless of whether they are going to renew.
The marketing opportunity is for new season tickets but this will be a hard sell at £405 a pop and no early bird incentives.

It should be season ticket holders x 2, membership x 1, general sale.

down-the-slope
14-04-2012, 09:18 PM
Current season ticket holders will be top of the list, regardless of whether they are going to renew.
The marketing opportunity is for new season tickets but this will be a hard sell at £405 a pop and no early bird incentives.

It should be season ticket holders x 2, membership x 1, general sale.

ST's from this season better get 2 given how much we have put into the club over the years for little return. Fair enough to give new ST's 1...BUT I reckon those who were at SF (if not ST holders / new ST's) should get priority over Members. Members paid £20 for a free ticket and no admin charges..but if they didn't bother to goto Semi why should they get priority over those who did support the team / pay for a ticket :rolleyes:

CropleyWasGod
14-04-2012, 09:21 PM

What about those that have slept with players over the years?

With bonus points for Benny Brazil?

:confused:

Pete
14-04-2012, 09:28 PM
We can actually talk about this now.

I'm still expecting someone to say "wait until we get there first" and "don't jump the gun".

They'll be divvied up fairly so no worries....but the most important thing is that we're there!!

:flag:

thebakerboy
14-04-2012, 09:30 PM
What about those that have slept with players over the years?

With bonus points for Benny Brazil?

:confused:

If you did that have my ticket you deserve it.

blueisthecolour
14-04-2012, 09:50 PM
Exactly the same.

It's the SFA rule that, if a club can sell 50% of the tickets, then that is what they get. That helps to prevent a neutral occasion being like a home game for one of the teams.

I wont be popular with this(no change there) but if celtic make the final I believe they should get more tickets simply because I believe people who go week in week out should get tickets if its a 50/50 split there will be some who have never been to football getting to a cup final in place of a regular football fan.

Scouse Hibee
14-04-2012, 09:58 PM
I wont be popular with this(no change there) but if celtic make the final I believe they should get more tickets simply because I believe people who go week in week out should get tickets if its a 50/50 split there will be some who have never been to football getting to a cup final in place of a regular football fan.

If a 50/50 split is the rules then that rule should be obeyed regardless of who is in the final surely? If subsequently one team can't sell their allocation only then should they be reallocated to the other team.

Pete
14-04-2012, 10:01 PM

What do you suggest then? An 80/20 split in favour of the old firm every time they get to cup finals?

What about a split based on geographical location of fans? That would weed out the glory hunters that make our game so imbalanced. If you want a ticket for The old firm end in a cup final produce a "G" postcode.

blueisthecolour
14-04-2012, 10:06 PM
If a 50/50 split is the rules then that rule should be obeyed regardless of who is in the final surely? If subsequently one team can't sell their allocation only then should they be reallocated to the other team.

No if the rules have been changed fine, I just think people who go every week should get before someone who turns up when theres a final.

blueisthecolour
14-04-2012, 10:12 PM
What do you suggest then? An 80/20 split in favour of the old firm every time they get to cup finals?

What about a split based on geographical location of fans? That would weed out the glory hunters that make our game so imbalanced. If you want a ticket for The old firm end in a cup final produce a "G" postcode.
I would suggest giving hibs tickets for their average home gate, bearing in mind this figure includes away fans, this mean hibs would get more tickets than home fans that go to games.

gf77
14-04-2012, 10:19 PM

I'm planning to get one before the final, better get on with it! :greengrin

hibee_nation
14-04-2012, 10:22 PM
No if the rules have been changed fine, I just think people who go every week should get before someone who turns up when theres a final.

I think teams should pay their taxes, now bolt :na na:

Pete
14-04-2012, 10:22 PM
I would suggest giving hibs tickets for their average home gate, bearing in mind this figure includes away fans, this mean hibs would get more tickets than home fans that go to games.

It's a one off cup final in a neutral venue. Everything possible should be done to ensure neutrality. If hibs can sell 25000 tickets then they should get that.

Have you ever considered why our gates are so low? It's funny how in the decades when people turned up to support their local team the attendances were in direct proportion to the population of the city or town the club was based in.

I'd argue that irregular attendees of provisional teams actually deserve a ticket more than "regular fans" of old firm clubs from far flung places like Inverness, Dundee and Edinburgh.

Beefster
15-04-2012, 07:22 AM

You would have been whining like a git if, in the days of 10,000 crowds at Ibrox, Rangers had been given 10,000 tickets in a cup final against Celtic.

007 Mickey Weir
15-04-2012, 07:23 AM
It's a one off cup final in a neutral venue. Everything possible should be done to ensure neutrality. If hibs can sell 25000 tickets then they should get that.

Have you ever considered why our gates are so low? It's funny how in the decades when people turned up to support their local team the attendances were in direct proportion to the population of the city or town the club was based in.

I'd argue that irregular attendees of provisional teams actually deserve a ticket more than "regular fans" of old firm clubs from far flung places like Inverness, Dundee and Edinburgh.

50/50 it's a one of game. Why should one team be given an advantage if it can be avoided. They have 50000 glory hunters every week. Why shouldn't we take some to a game that could be the biggest in our history.

3pm
15-04-2012, 07:30 AM

You mind that next time you and Celtic square up!

Lucius Apuleius
15-04-2012, 07:32 AM

1) Me.......................................... check
2) Anyone with a Hibs Tattoo.............check
3) People who are "in the know".............no check
4) The Fish Man.................................Do fingers count?
5) People with ticket stubs from the '79 Cup final....................All fecn three of them
6) People with STs or ticket stubs from over half of the games we played in seasons 98-99 or 80-81....................check
7) Anbody who has personally ever spoken to a member of the Famous Five.........................................check
8) ST Holders for next season...................................check
9) ST holders for this season......................................no check
10) Club Members........................................... ...........no check
11) Celtc/Hearts fans who couldn't get a ticket for their own end....................feckem
12) Everybody else (except 13).........................................Cannot disagree ( sorry G)
13) Blackpool Hibs

We are all Keekaboo.

Hibrandenburg
15-04-2012, 07:33 AM
Added a new, possibly slightly biased, category

Like that, add to that anyone with a Q in their name and we've got the winner :-)

3pm
15-04-2012, 07:39 AM
It says on the official site that there will be a 'Britain's Got Talent' audition thing going on. If you want a ticket you have 30 seconds to perform a routine of your choice in the six yard box at the Famous Five end of tje ground.

The panel will then decide if your routine merits a cup final ticket. The panel is Rod, Tam McCourt and Mike Riley. A female is also required to ensure there is no sexism rows in the run up to the big game. Applicants are invited. They were going to get Judith from the Ticket Office but she'll obviously be very busy for obvious reasons.

Seems the fairest way to me.

blueisthecolour
15-04-2012, 08:13 AM
You would have been whining like a git if, in the days of 10,000 crowds at Ibrox, Rangers had been given 10,000 tickets in a cup final against Celtic.

No as I would get one, I would be a whining git if I went to every game then at the final they said sorry we giving the tickets to people who dont go to games.

blueisthecolour
15-04-2012, 08:20 AM

Im sorry why should somone not get a ticket because they travel 200 miles every week instead of 2 miles.

So someone who puts their money in to football every week deserves a ticket less than someone who doesnt go to football, I cant see the sence in his.

3pm
15-04-2012, 08:26 AM
So someone who puts their money in to football every week deserves a ticket less than someone who doesnt go to football, I cant see the sence in his.

I can't see the sense in running up debts of £134m but it happens!

Lucius Apuleius
15-04-2012, 08:29 AM

Tired old boring ****** argument. 50/50 is fair and that is the way it should be. that make sence (sic)?

Keith_M
15-04-2012, 08:34 AM

A Rangers fan talking about fairness

Go pay yer taxes and all of your creditors then come back and lecture us about fairness.

Leith Green
15-04-2012, 08:41 AM

You really are a prize plum....
The only bams that would argue this for a cup final are fans of the old firm. Cup finals all over the world are played at a neutral ground with an even allocation of tickets for both clubs if they can sell them, your argument would mean Man United getting double the allocation (or a lot more than say Chelsea).

The reason you have so many fans is because the vast majority are glory hunting mutants that support a club through bigotry and in the knowledge that they win 95 per cent of the time. Try supporting a club who win the square root of **** all in 50 years and stumping up your hard earned to watch complete torture on the park & then you can give us the big one about folk paying to watch their team getting tickets for the final.

20 years ago Celtics support was a third of what it is now due to a FEW YEARS without success, 30 years ago Rangers support was a quarter of what it is now due to a FEW YEARS without success... Haha imagine 50 years and 3 league cups, you would be luck if you got anywhere near what Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen get Open your eyes you glory hunting plum..

StevieC
15-04-2012, 08:41 AM

Someone who puts their money into football every week gets to see football every week. Someone who buys a cup final ticket gets to see a cup final.

It's the clubs, not the supporters, that get to cup finals. They both play the same number of rounds, play at the same semi-final venue, share gate revenue etc. etc. .. everything is pretty much 50/50 right through to the final so why should the final be any different?

If OF supporters don't feel they've shafted every other team enough and want their cup final allocation as well, then maybe it's time for you to support a team you'd be guaranteed a ticket?

hibbymac
15-04-2012, 08:54 AM
:troll:

blueisthecolour
15-04-2012, 09:02 AM
You really are a prize plum....
The only bams that would argue this for a cup final are fans of the old firm. Cup finals all over the world are played at a neutral ground with an even allocation of tickets for both clubs if they can sell them, your argument would mean Man United getting double the allocation (or a lot more than say Chelsea).

The reason you have so many fans is because the vast majority are glory hunting mutants that support a club through bigotry and in the knowledge that they win 95 per cent of the time. Try supporting a club who win the square root of **** all in 50 years and stumping up your hard earned to watch complete torture on the park & then you can give us the big one about folk paying to watch their team getting tickets for the final.

20 years ago Celtics support was a third of what it is now due to a FEW YEARS without success, 30 years ago Rangers support was a quarter of what it is now due to a FEW YEARS without success... Haha imagine 50 years and 3 league cups, you would be luck if you got anywhere near what Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen get Open your eyes you glory hunting plum..

Why you have to start calling people a plum is beyond me, why not just have some debate as for glory hunting you talking to wrong person, supported Rangers my whole life as my dad did and his dad, I will keep some happy as it seems an issue, Rangers is my local team.

Cabbage East
15-04-2012, 09:05 AM
Why you have to start calling people a plum is beyond me, why not just have some debate as for glory hunting you talking to wrong person, supported Rangers my whole life as my dad did and his dad, I will keep some happy as it seems an issue, Rangers is my local team.

I suggest you head off to your local messageboard then. Your obsession with Hibs is bizarre.

Hibby70
15-04-2012, 09:08 AM
Cup finals are a chance for clubs to increase their crowds for the following season and beyond. Some headway in closing the massive gap between the OF and the rest. Thus bringing some of that competition that the OF always state as the reason they perform so badly in Europe.

Isnt it enough advantage to The OF that the national stadium is in Glasgow, the referees are in their back pocket and that kickoff times only suit the locals without having to reduce the other teams allocation?

down-the-slope
15-04-2012, 09:08 AM
Blue - how do you feel about the possibility of supporting a team next season that has no history or record of trophys? Serious question.

I accept that you are a long time supporter and have seen your team over different phases of success or not and levels of support. Will you see the potential NewCo Gers as just the same? (thinking about Wimbledon situation here)

ronaldo7
15-04-2012, 09:09 AM

He should have really called you a Blueberry. Plums are so yammish:aok:

Septimus
15-04-2012, 09:12 AM
Shareholders first followed by boring old gits who have vowed not to depart this earthly life until Hibs win the cup.

TonyStokeprano
15-04-2012, 09:17 AM
I really hope hibs reward all the fans that went yesterday with the chance to buy before a public sale, not expecting it though

blackpoolhibs
15-04-2012, 09:18 AM
(Sorry BH)

:greengrin I dont know if i can put myself through another 95 minutes of that kind of torture, so might not even go. :worried::worried::worried::worried:

Aye right. :flag:

Sean1875
15-04-2012, 09:26 AM
Im facing a dilemma, I could either more or less get guaranteed tickets for the final if I go with my family + family friends but will more than likely not be stuck right in with the hardcore fans at the game and the day will also involve a sit down meal so would have to stay relatvely sober before the game... Or I could risk it and hope I can get tickets with my mates and get absolutely steaming from 8am and stick myself right in the thick of the singing section:hmmm:

hibbie02
15-04-2012, 09:46 AM
I am fishully ruling myself out of the procurement process for tickets from the final. Just realised that I haven't seen the Hibs play since the LC Cup Final in 2007. I can provide reasonable cause, but on the basis I don't want to be a glory seeker, I am going to abstain this time around (and hide in a cupboard on the day).

One less glory seeker.....:wink:

Leith Green
15-04-2012, 10:13 AM

I notice you are very selective in your response to my post. That may be your story of how you support Rangers but what about the rest?
Also notcice you didnt mention anything about your drop in crowds in the 80s or Celtics in the 90s ...

Hibernia&Alba
15-04-2012, 10:13 AM
I can see where blue is coming from regarding ticket allocation. I think this is one where your view will depend upon your allegiance. I think I would feel aggrieved if I had a season ticket at a club but was told I couldn't go the cup final. However, that's part of life in supporting a huge club. They get to see their team at Hampden nearly every year and will inevitibly get a ticket a some point. For the rest of Scottish football, these occasions are few and far between, so it's only right they have their day in the sun. It's an occasion for both clubs, not just the giants. The rest of us are small fry in comparison to the Old Firm, reliant much more upon a local support and thus incapable of getting Old Firm attendances. 50-50 seems fair enough.

Albion Hibs
15-04-2012, 10:14 AM
Same rules as per the Semi, two per ST and next years ST holders. thereafter it should go to general and let folk get on with trying to get their tickets.

1875 NO 1
15-04-2012, 10:19 AM
I can see where blue is coming from regarding ticket allocation. I think this is one where your view will depend upon your allegiance. I think I would feel aggrieved if I had a season ticket at a club but was told I couldn't go the cup final. However, that's part of life in supporting a huge club. They get to see their team at Hampden nearly every year and will inevitibly get a ticket a some point. For the rest of Scottish football, these occasions are few and far between, so it's only right they have their day in the sun. It's an occasion for both clubs, not just the giants. The rest of us are small fry in comparison to the Old Firm, reliant much more upon a local support and thus incapable of getting Old Firm attendances. 50-50 seems fair enough.

About half of theses weegie tramps season ticket holders won't be at the game today. There will be plenty spare seats. ****** them

1875 NO 1
15-04-2012, 10:22 AM
Same rules as per the Semi, two per ST and next years ST holders. thereafter it should go to general and let folk get on with trying to get their tickets.

Agree. If u go to killie game they should get chance before public sale. Looks after regular walk ups and may get extra cash out of some cup final glory hunters

Leith Green
15-04-2012, 10:23 AM

What about this current/next season ticket holders with semi stub, then season tickets without semi stub, membership with semi stub then membership without semi stub, then semi stubs, then general if any left..

Dont know if this could be done in an application way where you can submit as a group with the the above priority counting. Quite a lot of groups wishing to get tickets together will have differing levels of priority and in effect me being a season ticket holder will count against me if I have to buy mines first & them my mates get them as a non season ticket holding group.

Albion Hibs
15-04-2012, 10:28 AM
What about this current/next season ticket holders with semi stub, then season tickets without semi stub, membership with semi stub then membership without semi stub, then semi stubs, then general if any left..

Dont know if this could be done in an application way where you can submit as a group with the the above priority counting. Quite a lot of groups wishing to get tickets together will have differing levels of priority and in effect me being a season ticket holder will count against me if I have to buy mines first & them my mates get them as a non season ticket holding group.

Re your first bit I covered that, whether they have a semi stub is irrelevent. ST first, if there is anything left after that then another mechanism can be put in place. Perhaps the fairest way to do it thereafter ST is people who were at the Semi but do not have a ST.

Regardless unlike yesterday i dont think we will have a problem selling our share. Maybe this will all help ST for next year, which will help raise player funds, a great positio for the club to be in.

Leith Green
15-04-2012, 10:33 AM
Re your first bit I covered that, whether they have a semi stub is irrelevent. ST first, if there is anything left after that then another mechanism can be put in place. Perhaps the fairest way to do it thereafter ST is people who were at the Semi but do not have a ST.

Regardless unlike yesterday i dont think we will have a problem selling our share. Maybe this will all help ST for next year, which will help raise player funds, a great positio for the club to be in.

Agree season tickets first, but should only be one per season ticket & done in a way so that people who have & dont have season tickets can get them together. There were probably 7k Hibbies at hampden yesterday who dont have season tickets but attend regularly, If season tickets get more than one then thats when folks wives & mates who dont go normally start getting tickets at the expense of regulars who dont have season tickets.

Hibernia&Alba
15-04-2012, 10:38 AM
How many will each club be allocated after the corporates etc?

Leith Green
15-04-2012, 10:40 AM
How many will each club be allocated after the corporates etc?

21k with potential for more if debentures etc dont use theres.

Lucius Apuleius
15-04-2012, 10:44 AM
Shareholders first followed by boring old gits who have vowed not to depart this earthly life until Hibs win the cup.

:agree: Yep another two ticks!!!! :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
15-04-2012, 10:45 AM
21k with potential for more if debentures etc dont use theres.

We should be able to keep the vast majority happy, I would think. Don't whether there will be enough for every last man Jack who wants one to be successful, but that's a good allocation.

Leith Green
15-04-2012, 10:49 AM
We should be able to keep the vast majority happy, I would think. Don't whether there will be enough for every last man Jack who wants one to be successful, but that's a good allocation.

Should point out this was what happened vs celtic in 2001 with a 50/50 allocation, so would be this scenario vs Hearts & probs Celtic.

Leithenhibby
15-04-2012, 11:25 AM

Not so sure why you should get two just because your a ST holder! :wink: We can't all commit to ST's and all we really ever want from our game is "fairness" :agree:

I would queue from yawn time to get my ticket, and have done many times in the past.

Demand & Supply = 1 per head :aok:

MacBean
15-04-2012, 12:46 PM
Can I just clarify what classes as you as a member?

blackpoolhibs
15-04-2012, 12:48 PM
Will i be able to get one for a mate of mine, who's not been in years?:greengrin

derekduval
15-04-2012, 12:52 PM
dont see why season ticket holders should get 2 but hopefully this is the case

Lungo--Drom
15-04-2012, 12:59 PM
Me too, I'll be outside the tatt parlour, 9 o'clock Monday morning...
Only if ma hangover is gone mind :greengrin

Billy Whizz
15-04-2012, 01:04 PM
dont see why season ticket holders should get 2 but hopefully this is the case

Because the club survives and plans on season ticket sales. Ros interview in Hibernian TV last week said that a season ticket holder was the highest membership of Hibs

SouthEnglandHib
15-04-2012, 01:23 PM
Season ticket holders, (this and next season) + 3

Members + 2

People who had tickets for the semi final/any scots cup round this season + 1

general sale

Leith Green
15-04-2012, 01:29 PM
Season ticket holders, (this and next season) + 3

Members + 2

People who had tickets for the semi final/any scots cup round this season + 1

general sale

How many tickets do you expect like? Season ticket holders +3 would be our entire allocation

_hucks_
15-04-2012, 01:39 PM
I just hope that us out of town hibees will get a chance at a ticket when the general sale comes along

_hucks_
15-04-2012, 01:44 PM
I just hope that us out of town hibees will get a chance at a ticket when the general sale comes along

Since90+2
15-04-2012, 01:45 PM
When is information on tickets likely to be released?

iwasthere1972
15-04-2012, 02:04 PM
In order of priority.

Fans who watch Hibs in the pub/home x 1 ticket
Fans who read about them in the Sunday Post x 1 ticket
Anyone with a ticket from the 1902 Cup Final x 1 ticket
Fans who have their semi final ticket from yesterday x 1 ticket
General Sale x 1 ticket
Season Ticket Holders x 1 ticket.

hibernianyank
15-04-2012, 02:05 PM
I think people who bought semi tickets should get first dipps on final tickets along with season tickets! Dont know if this has been mentioned or if hibs or think

hibernianyank
15-04-2012, 02:05 PM
Thinking about doing it, I think its a good idea

Beefster
15-04-2012, 02:06 PM
I think people who bought semi tickets should get first dipps on final tickets along with season tickets! Dont know if this has been mentioned or if hibs or think

I'm all for SF stubs getting some sort of priority but it should be after ST holders.

col02
15-04-2012, 02:06 PM
We only had 14k roughly there yesterday so probably have to find another 10k ticket sales to fill out of allocation! You can rest assured even if Hibs do what I suspect and make the ticket sales fair there will still be some people complaining!

Pretty Boy
15-04-2012, 02:09 PM
Season tickets this year - 1 ticket
Members current who don't already have a ticket - 1 ticket
Next seasons season ticket holders who don't already have a ticket - 1 ticket
Anyone who has a semi final stub and doesn't have a ticket through other means - 1 ticket
General sale- 1 ticket

In that order.

Leithenhibby
15-04-2012, 02:10 PM
I'm all for SF stubs getting some sort of priority but it should be after ST holders.

I agree, :agree: ST x 1 and then SF Stubs x 1 :wink: They did that with the semi v Huns IIRC....

TornadoHibby
15-04-2012, 02:10 PM

ST holders must always "get first dibs" on tickets for non ST games! It's one of the stated and accepted "perks" for parting with cash before the season has even started each year! :agree:

ST entitlement for the semi final was 2 tickets each so it will be at least that for the final IMO! :agree:

Agree that people who can prove that they were at the Semi final having bought a ticket should get priority over someone who has rarely attended a Hibs game as there will be plenty of them looking to get tickets and I imagine a few ST holders making sure that their mates in such a position as I just mentioned get a ticket for the final! :confused:

Bob Box Fish
15-04-2012, 02:11 PM
They did take names when they were selling tickets on Friday but that may have just been for marketing reasons ?

iwasthere1972
15-04-2012, 02:11 PM
Fans who can provide match report cut outs from the Sunday Post for all our 2012/13 SPL matches should be at the head of the queue followed by season ticket holders.

Simples.

jane_says
15-04-2012, 02:12 PM
Work in Hampshire now so can't get a season ticket but managed to go to 7 games this year, inc all SC games.

Obviously season tickets and members should get first dibs but I do hope no one there yesterday misses out, would be an injustice imo

Leithenhibby
15-04-2012, 02:16 PM
ST holders must always "get first dibs" on tickets for non ST games! It's one of the stated and accepted "perks" for parting with cash before the season has even started each year! :agree:

ST entitlement for the semi final was 2 tickets each so it will be at least that for the final IMO! :agree:

Agree that people who can prove that they were at the Semi final having bought a ticket should get priority over someone who has rarely attended a Hibs game as there will be plenty of them looking to get tickets and I imagine a few ST holders making sure that their mates in such a position as I just mentioned get a ticket for the final! :confused:

That is why ST holders should get 1 per person. Then SF Stubs.... But that's because I'm not able to have a season ticket and I have two stubs :greengrin

Bob Box Fish
15-04-2012, 02:16 PM
I reckon each club will see around 20k tickets each for 'normal' fans. We have around 7.5k season tickets if rightly 2 go to each and semi attenders got 2nd dibs then there would be very few for a public sale.

Ozyhibby
15-04-2012, 02:17 PM
Season tickets should get 2 tickets each. The reason we did not sell out the semi in 2006 was because we limited it to one per season ticket holder which meant friends and family could not get seats together and did not bother going. Don't make the same mistake Hibs. It was embarrassing.

Leithenhibby
15-04-2012, 02:19 PM
Season tickets should get 2 tickets each. The reason we did not sell out the semi in 2006 was because we limited it to one per season ticket holder which meant friends and family could not get seats together and did not bother going. Don't make the same mistake Hibs. It was embarrassing.

But we gave 2 to ST holders this time and still had plenty left.

What's you logic in giving two per ST holder for the final?.

Darth Hibbie
15-04-2012, 02:21 PM

Very true, we should give them three for the final seeing as there was plenty left :greengrin

TornadoHibby
15-04-2012, 02:23 PM
That is why ST holders should get 1 per person. Then SF Stubs.... But that's because I'm not able to have a season ticket and I have two stubs :greengrin

Then take it up with the Club and they may be able to consider it for next season and potential ST holders can consider it prior to renewing their ST for next season if not already done! :agree:

You seem to be suggesting that because you have 2 Semi final ticket stubs or a stubs from two previous round Scottish Cup games that you should get a Final ticket for each! :confused:

As ST holder and holding stubs for previous Scottish Cup rounds incl yesterday, does that mean I can get 2 for my ST plus 1 for each of the other stubs I have? :wink: :greengrin:

Dashing Bob S
15-04-2012, 02:24 PM
Both Hibs and Hearts should be using this as an opportunity to sell ST's. They should be rewarding future commitment rather than past loyalty - and say this as an ST holder for years and and years.

Since90+2
15-04-2012, 02:24 PM

Do you actually think that we will not sell out the allocation?

We could probably shift 30,000 nevermind the 20k or so we will get.

Ozyhibby
15-04-2012, 02:25 PM
I would happily give season ticket holders 3 each.
My point was that in 2006 we made it only one per season ticket holder and then never sold out.

Since90+2
15-04-2012, 02:27 PM
My point was that in 2006 we made it only one per season ticket holder and then never sold out.

So that would mean potentially people who went yesterday and have attended a fair few games this season could miss out on a ticket and a season ticket holder could give one of their tickets to someone whos never been in their life , fair?

HibbySpurs
15-04-2012, 02:28 PM
Anyone who has a semi final stub and doesn't have a ticket through other means - 1 ticket
General sale- 1 ticket

In that order.

100% Agree, totally fair, rewards non ST holders for going to games and who actually dragged themselves to Hampden yesterday.

iwasthere1972
15-04-2012, 02:28 PM

The difference being is that was a semi final. This time it's the real deal.

This will be a sell out regardless of whether season ticket holders get 1 or 2 tickets.

Leithenhibby
15-04-2012, 02:29 PM
Then take it up with the Club and they may be able to consider it for next season and potential ST holders can consider it prior to renewing their ST for next season if not already done! :agree:

You seem to be suggesting that because you have 2 Semi final ticket stubs or a stubs from two previous round Scottish Cup games that you should get a Final ticket for each! :confused:

As ST holder and holding stubs for previous Scottish Cup rounds incl yesterday, does that mean I can get 2 for my ST plus 1 for each of the other stubs I have? :wink: :greengrin:

My tongue is firmly in cheek :wink:

ST's get first dabs always, after that I'm not so sure if it should be SF stubs of members, or ST's for next season.

MacBean
15-04-2012, 02:32 PM
I'll ask again... What classifies a member? I'm a former season ticket holder with a semi stub.

No innuendo intended ;-)

Darth Hibbie
15-04-2012, 02:33 PM
I'll ask again... What classifies a member? I'm a former season ticket holder with a semi stub.

No innuendo intended ;-)

If you bought a membership you are a member :dunno:

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-04-2012, 02:34 PM
General sale- 1 ticket

In that order.

That seems way too sensible, but, its how it should be done.

Pete
15-04-2012, 02:35 PM
What about joe bloggs? Where does he fit in?

Kaiser1962
15-04-2012, 02:38 PM

Because its ST money that is the lifeblood of the club. I accept there are those who find it difficult to attend every game for whatever reasons therefore cant justify a ST but, the chances are, they will know a ST holder which is why the ST holders should get two. I have four ST's and am expecting 8 tickets.

The ST holders put their money to the club up front and the club should acknowledge that support by giving each ST holder two. According to this board ST holders are now few and far between so it shouldn't be an issue.

IberianHibernian
15-04-2012, 02:44 PM
Why should semi final attendance where only 25% of gate receipts went to Hibs be considered more important than attendance at matches in earlier rounds where 50% of receipts went to Hibs ? Obviously season ticket holders should get priority and club should use final to sell seasons for next year but don`t see why STHs should get more than one ticket ( having a ticket for a friend or relative who may never have been to a game is not a perk of having a season ticket surely ? ) . No perfect system but hopefully not many fans who`ve supported club over the years won`t be disappointed .

ChooseLife
15-04-2012, 02:46 PM
We'll have around 20,000 tickets, we have less than 8,000 ST holders, say 16,000 sold at the most. 4000 left = plenty, just get upto ER nice nd early, say 3-4 AM, and you're guarenteed :thumbsup:

NOLA
15-04-2012, 02:48 PM
posters on Hibs.net +1 ticket :cb

Leithenhibby
15-04-2012, 02:49 PM
We'll have around 20,000 tickets, we have less than 8,000 ST holders, say 16,000 sold at the most. 4000 left = plenty, just get upto ER nice nd early, say 3-4 AM, and you're guarenteed :thumbsup:

That's my thinking also.... :thumbsup:

iwasthere1972
15-04-2012, 02:50 PM
posters on Hibs.net +1 ticket :cb

Poster with over 10,000 posts get 2 tickets. :aok:

Leithenhibby
15-04-2012, 02:52 PM
Because its ST money that is the lifeblood of the club. I accept there are those who find it difficult to attend every game for whatever reasons therefore cant justify a ST but, the chances are, they will know a ST holder which is why the ST holders should get two. I have four ST's and am expecting 8 tickets.

The ST holders put their money to the club up front and the club should acknowledge that support by giving each ST holder two. According to this board ST holders are now few and far between so it shouldn't be an issue.

I don't have a problem with ST's getting first dabs, none what'so ever. I just think that 1 per ST is fair as it only covers 1 person anyway!!... Your reward is that you will get one for def :agree:

I'll queue from sunset to get one, no worries on that front.

francobaresi
15-04-2012, 02:52 PM

Technically I agree with this in part, if we didn't sell our 50/50 allocation then the remainder should be made available to opposing team, but as it's us against Hearts there won't be much chance of this happening. Even if they do have 400,000 fans, maybe they could put a big screen up for the 375,000 that don't get a ticket in Leith Links :wink:

hibee92
15-04-2012, 02:56 PM
So, when do they go on sale?

(I'd read through the thread but I'm a lazy barsteward :greengrin).

Pretty Boy
15-04-2012, 02:58 PM
So, when do they go on sale?

(I'd read through the thread but I'm a lazy barsteward :greengrin).

In summary:

No one knows when they go on sale or how they will be allocated.

Sean1875
15-04-2012, 02:59 PM
Question... would you have to have actually go through the Ticket office to get the semi tickets and have it logged against your name in order for you to gain priority for a final ticket (If they operate such a scheme). I was there yesterday but got my tickets through a friend of my Uncles, would the presentation of the stub be enough?

Since90+2
15-04-2012, 03:00 PM
Question... would you have to have actually go through the Ticket office to get the semi tickets and have it logged against your name in order for you to gain priority for a final ticket (If they operate such a scheme). I was there yesterday but got my tickets through a friend of my Uncles, would the presentation of the stub be enough?

Hibs havent confirmed that a semi final stub gives you priority yet.

hibee92
15-04-2012, 03:01 PM
In summary:

No one knows when they go on sale or how they will be allocated.

So there's no chance of them going on sale tomorrow then? That seems like a daft question but completely serious.

Leithenhibby
15-04-2012, 03:02 PM

Only if they give such a priority for SF stubs :greengrin

Sean1875
Hibs havent confirmed that a semi final stub gives you priority yet.

I know i know was just hopeful thinking, would be absolutely gutted if I missed out on a ticket for the final despite making the trip through yesterday, got me right warmed up for a return trip to Hampden :boo hoo:

Pretty Boy
So there's no chance of them going on sale tomorrow then? That seems like a daft question but completely serious.

Unlikely.

I'd say a couple of weeks yet.

Leithenhibby

NO, that I can tell you :wink:

CropleyWasGod
15-04-2012, 03:08 PM
Will there be PATG?

Sean1875
15-04-2012, 03:08 PM
Will there be PATG?
No chance.

CropleyWasGod
15-04-2012, 03:09 PM
No chance.

Whoooooooosh?

hibee92
15-04-2012, 03:11 PM
Unlikely.

I'd say a couple of weeks yet.

Cheers mate :thumbsup:

jgl07
15-04-2012, 03:13 PM
Here is my suggestion:

First allocation

Current season ticket holders who have renewed for next season: 2 tickets

New season ticket holder for next season: 1 ticket

Current season ticket holders whi have yet to renew: 1 ticket

Second allocation

Current members.

Third allocation

Public sale subject to security checks (Buying a ticket for the Kilmarnock fixture does not get you on the database). Allwould have to purchase membershi for next season.

This will encourage exitisting season ticket holders to renew and also push members and casual walk-up fans to buy a season ticket.

Sean1875
15-04-2012, 03:13 PM
Whoooooooosh?

apologies, I am still an emotional wreck :greengrin

jgl07
15-04-2012, 03:15 PM
Will there be PATG?

Nice try!

hibees4life89
15-04-2012, 03:16 PM
not a season ticket holder but if you purchased a season ticket for next season would that give you priority???

Whats the club membership situation, That £20 offer they brought out before xmas would have given you an annual membership for priority away and cup tickets along with clubs diso***** at the time etc. However i thought you you could have still purchased that but there seems to be no info on that at the moment. The current club membership detials for the 2012/2013 season say they will go available in the summer.

Leith Green
15-04-2012, 03:16 PM
Hibs need to do this in a way where season ticket holders and non season ticket holders can apply together obviously all the season ticket holders being guaranteed tickets, this means that groups of fans can go together regardless of wether they have season tickets or not.

Obviously if someone from a group doesnt qualify for a ticket so be it, means groups can go to the game together.

Im a season ticket holder, but no danger should we get two tickets. Thats how folk such as wives etc that are all for the day out go to the game at the expense of Hibs fans unable to afford a season ticket.

CropleyWasGod
15-04-2012, 03:17 PM
apologies, I am still an emotional wreck :greengrin

Tis ok.... someone had to ask. :greengrin

Given your lack of years,...... if you think this is bad.....it will only get worse. The next five weeks will bring stress, emotional breakdown, family crises, loss of dear friendships. And that's just about getting a ticket... before having to deal with Yam mates, family and work colleagues.

It's only a game though, eh? :rolleyes:

iwasthere1972
15-04-2012, 03:18 PM
Will there be PATG?

Kaiser1962
15-04-2012, 03:44 PM
Hibs need to do this in a way where season ticket holders and non season ticket holders can apply together obviously all the season ticket holders being guaranteed tickets, this means that groups of fans can go together regardless of wether they have season tickets or not.

Obviously if someone from a group doesnt qualify for a ticket so be it, means groups can go to the game together.

Im a season ticket holder, but no danger should we get two tickets. Thats how folk such as wives etc that are all for the day out go to the game at the expense of Hibs fans unable to afford a season ticket.

This is exactly why you, as a ST holder, should get two. So you can bring your mate who, for whatever reason, cant afford to go every week/has moved away/whatever so that as many deserving Hibs supporters as possible can be there.

I would not even consider taking my wife even if she wanted to come. I took her to a Hibs Hearts game on Guy Fawkes day in the early eighties and apparently totally embarrassed her so she's not been back.

Badabing
15-04-2012, 03:48 PM
It going to sound selfish but a season ticket holder who renewed I wouldn't feel guilty about being given 2 tickets. I get very little benefit from giving the club my money upfront. I nearly always miss at least one game due to social committments which negates any financial benefit and we never sell the ground out for big games any more so I could just buy a ticket for these games if I wasn't a ST holder. I would therefore view 2 tickets as a "perk" I'm entitled to.

manx hibee
15-04-2012, 03:53 PM
This is exactly why you, as a ST holder, should get two. So you can bring your mate who, for whatever reason, cant afford to go every week/has moved away/whatever so that as many deserving Hibs supporters as possible can be there.

I would not even consider taking my wife even if she wanted to come. I took her to a Hibs Hearts game on Guy Fawkes day in the early eighties and apparently totally embarrassed her so she's not been back.

I would not even consider taking my wife even if she wanted to come. my wife asked the same question the answer was a big f####n NO ggtth IN PAT WE TRUST :pfgwa

blackpoolhibs
15-04-2012, 03:57 PM
I would not even consider taking my wife even if she wanted to come. my wife asked the same question the answer was a big f####n NO ggtth IN PAT WE TRUST :pfgwa

If thats your wife in the avatar, she can have my ticket. :greengrin

The_Todd
15-04-2012, 03:58 PM
I'm a club member but my girlfriend isn't, though she's on the database and does come to games and we were both at the semi. We'll have to wait for the public sale I'm assuming so I'm terrified we'll miss out. Petrie!

Beefster
15-04-2012, 04:00 PM
What this thread shows is that, no matter how hard Hibs try to make the allocation fair to everyone, some folk are going to be left disappointed and will whine on here about it.

The hysteria on here since yesterday is mental.

zlatan
15-04-2012, 04:02 PM
There won't be a huge amount of members I'd imagine so they'll be plenty left come public sale whether ST guys get 2 or not. How desperate people are to get tickets will be judged by the queues at midnight the day before the public sale starts.

Kaiser1962
15-04-2012, 04:03 PM
If thats your wife in the avatar, she can have my ticket. :greengrin

And I recall you are also willing to let James McPake "pump" you on another thread.

You, Sir, are a slut!

1875 NO 1
15-04-2012, 04:06 PM

I've got six season ticks in my family. If I get 2 per tick - won't by 12 ticks. Not all season ticket holders will buy a ticket too.

JimBHibees
15-04-2012, 04:06 PM
I think this will be the order:

1) existing seasons (1 ticket)
2) new seasons for next season (1 ticket)
3) Club membership scheme (1 ticket)

Personally would give out a voucher for the remaining home games and would give preference to people with vouchers in the public sale.

There is no way that a semi final stub can be used as this would have to had been outlined before the game yesterday.

Leith Green
15-04-2012, 04:08 PM

My group of season ticket holders were about twenty 4 years ago, now down to two. all these guys still go semi regularly. All were there yesterday and all deserve a bash at getting a ticket before season tickets getting two surely?

Does anyone remember how we done it against Celtic in 2001? I remember a ballot?

It needs to be done in a manner that means seasosns and non seasons can apply together.

blackpoolhibs
15-04-2012, 04:12 PM
And I recall you are also willing to let James McPake "pump" you on another thread.

You, Sir, are a slut!

:blushie:

Kaiser1962
15-04-2012, 04:13 PM
My group of season ticket holders were about twenty 4 years ago, now down to two. all these guys still go semi regularly. All were there yesterday and all deserve a bash at getting a ticket before season tickets getting two surely?

Does anyone remember how we done it against Celtic in 2001? I remember a ballot?

It needs to be done in a manner that means seasosns and non seasons can apply together.

I remember the former Celtic director Kelly (on the radio as we were leaving Hampden) complaining that Celtic didnt have enough tickets and that we didnt sell out.

The Green Goblin
15-04-2012, 04:23 PM
Well, I am personally hoping that ST holders get 2 each, like the semi.

I am trying to decide right now whether or not to part with over a grand to fly over to see the Final, without knowing if I can get a ticket. This would involve flying a 12000 miles round trip for the weekend.

Yes, I live far away, but I am a former season ticket holder for many years and am registered on the club's ticket database. Every year, when I come back for Christmas/New Year, I buy tickets for every Hibs game I can, home and away. I also subscribe to Hibs International TV and spend money in the shop.

My point is, in terms of literally supporting the club in every way, I am as much of a supporter as my situation allows me to be and I support the club as much as I can. My brother has a ST and I have at least 1 friend who has a ST. I hope that one of them might be able to get one for me, if there are none left by the time my being registered on the ticket database allows me to phone up and try and get one.

Docker
15-04-2012, 04:24 PM

Personally would give out a voucher for the remaining home games and would give preference to people with vouchers in the public sale.

There is no way that a semi final stub can be used as this would have to had been outlined before the game yesterday.

I hope the club go all out to maximise income from future season tickets..........
- 1 ticket to season ticket holders from this season
- 1 further ticket if this seasons ST's renew in the next 2 weeks or have already renewed
- 1 ticket to "new" ST holders for next year who purchase in the next 2 weeks
- 1 ticket to members
- buy a 2 game package for Killie/Dunfy gives you a 2 day start at public sale
- what's left goes on public sale.

.......and I suspect there would still be a public sale!!!

Gatecrasher
15-04-2012, 04:28 PM
how many STH are there? 7000 2 each will equal 14000 and a few hundred (if lucky) members. Hampden will be split 50/50 so 5000/6000 general sale.

Darth Hibbie
15-04-2012, 04:30 PM
I hope the club go all out to maximise income from future season tickets..........
- 1 further ticket if this seasons ST's renew in the next 2 weeks or have already renewed
- 1 ticket to members

That seems sensible to me :agree:

No matter what way they do there will be some who think it should have been done another way. Trying to maximise future ticket sales though should be a priority.

Leith Green
15-04-2012, 04:31 PM
I remember the former Celtic director Kelly (on the radio as we were leaving Hampden) complaining that Celtic didnt have enough tickets and that we didnt sell out.

We defo sold out in that final mate, there were fans who couldnt get a ticket in the ballot.

MSK
15-04-2012, 04:33 PM
how many STH are there? 7000 2 each will equal 14000 and a few hundred (if lucky) members. Hampden will be split 50/50 so 5000/6000 general sale.Looks like I will be camping oot then ...hope its bloody warm !!! :greengrin

NOLA
15-04-2012, 04:37 PM
i feel for the hertz, how do the 400k all get tickets:dunno:

Kaiser1962
15-04-2012, 04:42 PM
We defo sold out in that final mate, there were fans who couldnt get a ticket in the ballot.

There were Celtic fans in the BT stand apparently on tickets that Hibs didn't sell. Not many but there were.

marinello59
15-04-2012, 04:44 PM

I will be raging if you are right. It should be -
1) Me. (As many as I want)
2) Not bothered.
3) Not bothered.

JimBHibees
15-04-2012, 04:49 PM
- 1 ticket to members

I agree with that the club should maximise revenue massively on the back of this. I particularly like the idea of an additional ticket for season ticket holders to renew who havent already.

JimBHibees
15-04-2012, 04:51 PM
I will be raging if you are right. It should be -
1) Me. (As many as I want)
2) Not bothered.
3) Not bothered.

I think your scheme would be the one that would result in least complaints. :greengrin

1875 NO 1
15-04-2012, 05:22 PM

I've got six season ticks in my family. If I get 2 per tick - won't by 12 ticks. Not all season ticket holders will buy a ticket too.

The Green Goblin
15-04-2012, 05:26 PM
There were Celtic fans in the BT stand apparently on tickets that Hibs didn't sell. Not many but there were.

Yes there were, and it threatened to get ugly when they all started celebrating the goals. Polis and stewards did nothing, even as they stood watching it happen.

Sean1875
15-04-2012, 05:28 PM
Well from the sounds of it looks like ill be camping outside the ticket office, CAMAAAAAN! :cb

The Green Goblin
15-04-2012, 05:29 PM

Feel free to get me one! I'm dirtying ma breeks at the thought of flying from Brazil but not being able to get a brief for the game itself. :-)

MSK
15-04-2012, 05:29 PM
Well from the sounds of it looks like ill be camping outside the ticket office, CAMAAAAAN! :cbWell thats two of us ..im before you ..:greengrin

Sean1875
15-04-2012, 05:31 PM
Well thats two of us ..im before you ..:greengrin

Ill bring the marshmallows and lighter, you bring the acoustic guitar :greengrin

Billy Whizz
15-04-2012, 05:32 PM
Both Hibs and Hearts should be using this as an opportunity to sell ST's. They should be rewarding future commitment rather than past loyalty - and say this as an ST holder for years and and years.

Absolutely. Rod must be licking his lips at this thought. Both Hibs and Hearts can set themselves up nicely on season tickets sales if they market this quickly and correctly. With the Huns in decline this money earner for us should help us attract quality players for next season

Keith_M
15-04-2012, 05:33 PM

Which was total boll*x, because I was one of the Hibs fans that missed out, even through I had a semi-final stub (supposedly guaranteeing a ticket for the final)

MSK
15-04-2012, 05:34 PM
Ill bring the marshmallows and lighter, you bring the acoustic guitar :greengrinSounds a plan ...:thumbsup:

Kaiser1962
15-04-2012, 06:01 PM
Which was total boll*x, because I was one of the Hibs fans that missed out, even through I had a semi-final stub (supposedly guaranteeing a ticket for the final)

The problem with semi stubs is I have them from yesterday as well as the ST's. They should though be able to tell which of the semi stubs were bought through ST's and which werent. That should elimate a substantial amount and give the guys who bought their ticket as a walk up for the semi a better chance. That said what about the guys who have travelled all over the country and made more than a few games this season? Does the club give the guy who went to the glamour game (not aimed at you sir) preference?

The 2001 allocation was poorly handled by the club.

NOLA
15-04-2012, 06:10 PM
:not worth

Lungo--Drom
15-04-2012, 06:11 PM
No need for RP to worry, I've already bought ma Season this afternoon.... :D

Absolutely. Rod must be licking his lips at this thought. Both Hibs and Hearts can set themselves up nicely on season tickets sales if they market this quickly and correctly....

DH1875
15-04-2012, 06:14 PM
Can't be bothered reading the whole thread as I've got a killer hangover but I'll just throw this out. In the event that it does end up being 2 or more tickets for ST holders can I just ask, please please please help a guy out and keep me in mind for a ticket. Semi final stubs can be provided :hug:.

DH1875
15-04-2012, 06:15 PM

Me too :fuming:.

LancashireHibby
15-04-2012, 06:16 PM
2 per ST (either a season ticket holder for this season, or one who buys for next year), then 1 per membership then general sale, I'd say. Had half a dozen mates already ask if I can get them a ticket as they fancy going to the final, but I've told them there's no chance I'm risking waiting for general sale (I'm a member FWIW).

Scouse Hibee
15-04-2012, 06:22 PM
If ST's end up getting more than one each, I will ensure that my spare ones go to worthy supporters and not cup final day out specialists!!

LancashireHibby
15-04-2012, 06:23 PM
If ST's end up getting more than one each, I will ensure that my spare ones go to worthy supporters and not cup final day out specialists!!
That's very kind of you to offer, thanks very much :wink:

adhibs
15-04-2012, 06:33 PM
would be a joke if season ticket holders are allowed 2 each, would be far too many wives and girlfreinds with no real interest filling the seats. iv got a membership so il be alright but a lot of good walk up suporters would miss out if a decent amount are not kept for public sale. they should set a few thousand a side and say there guranteed to the people who buy tickets for the two home games after the split ona first come first serve basis

Scouse Hibee
15-04-2012, 06:35 PM
That's very kind of you to offer, thanks very much :wink:

Russ
15-04-2012, 06:38 PM
would be a joke if season ticket holders are allowed 2 each, would be far too many wives and girlfreinds with no real interest filling the seats. iv got a membership so il be alright but a lot of good walk up suporters would miss out if a decent amount are not kept for public sale. they should set a few thousand a side and say there guranteed to the people who buy tickets for the two home games after the split ona first come first serve basis

I agree, 1 per season ticket is all there should be, anyone walking up to our next 2 league games should get a ticket also, the rest should go on general sale

WHAM
15-04-2012, 06:47 PM

I agree mate.

I'm a non season ticket holder (gave it up 2 years ago as i played ln saturdays and couldnt justify the £'s anymore) and also missed the boat for the club membership. Walked up to a few games this season and was there yesterday but the thought of missing out on the final is bringing me out in cold sweats.

Seriously considering buying a season ticket tomorrow just for the peace of mind. To be honest I'd pay £1k plus to guarantee a ticket for this game so £400 seems like a bargain spread over the piece! Lol

GGTTH

Billy Whizz
15-04-2012, 06:49 PM
I agree mate.

I'm a non season ticket holder (gave it up 2 years ago as i played ln saturdays and couldnt justify the £'s anymore) and also missed the boat for the club membership. Walked up to a few games this season and was there yesterday but the thought of missing out on the final is bringing me out in cold sweats.

Seriously considering buying a season ticket tomorrow just for the peace of mind. To be honest I'd pay £1k plus to guarantee a ticket for this game so £400 seems like a bargain spread over the piece! Lol

GGTTH

Get down there and buy that ticket. May 19th could be the best day of your life

coolhibbie
15-04-2012, 06:50 PM
1 per season ticket holder but if they have 1 semi stub then allowed 1 other ticket
Same with club membership holders
Then open up too other semi final tickets
Then public sale
Fairest way for everyone

WHAM
15-04-2012, 06:52 PM
Get down there and buy that ticket. May 19th could be the best day of your life

Exactly chief

I'm phoning tomorrow.

4 weeks of sleepless nights awaits.

Bring them on!

JennaFletcher
15-04-2012, 06:54 PM

Hardly going to be WAGs or HABs (husbands and boyfriends :greengrin) there if they've no interest.

Hibernia&Alba
15-04-2012, 06:57 PM
When are these beauties going on sale?

marinello59
15-04-2012, 06:59 PM
]1 per season ticket holder but if they have 1 semi stub then allowed 1 other ticket[/B]
Same with club membership holders
Then open up too other semi final tickets
Then public sale
Fairest way for everyone

This is hilarious. All season we have had people saying they won't be going to games and that they won't buy a season ticket. Now we are in a final we have some saying how many tickets those who stupidly kept the faith should receive. (And I am not saying that is what you are doing.)
I hope every single fan who wants a ticket gets one whether they are regular attenders or not.

Pete
15-04-2012, 07:00 PM
Non ST holders who bought a ticket for the semi should definitely come before a straight public sale. You don't need the actual stub nowadays and it would be a good way of rewarding those who turned up.

JennaFletcher
15-04-2012, 07:03 PM
This is hilarious. All season we have had people saying they won't be going to games and that they won't buy a season ticket. Now we are in a final we have some saying how many tickets those who stupidly kept the faith should receive. (And I am not saying that is what you are doing.)
I hope every single fan who wants a ticket gets one whether they are regular attenders or not.

Which is why ST holders should be entitled to 2 extra tickets to give to their Hibby mates.

scoopyboy
15-04-2012, 07:05 PM
I agree mate.

GGTTH

If your old man is flying back from Chicago then you can buy a season with your whopping salary mate.

I didn't realise club membership was closed.

Personally I would have 1 per season ticket then 1 per club membership.

Then one for all fans who buy a season ticket for next season.

After that I would restart Club membership scheme and guarantee a ticket with it as long as the supply is available.

hibees4life89
15-04-2012, 07:10 PM
There has been some mention that if you are on the hibs database you get some kinda priority, I didnt think this was true. I dont have a ST but go to all the derbys so am defiently on the system and have a client ref etc. Is this true or is there another twist

The_Todd
15-04-2012, 07:11 PM
There has been some mention that if you are on the hibs database you get some kinda priority, I didnt think this was true. I dont have a ST but go to all the derbys so am defiently on the system and have a client ref etc. Is this true or is there another twist

No priority but you'll be able to buy online.

hibees4life89
15-04-2012, 07:17 PM
No priority but you'll be able to buy online.

Thanks for clearing that up. So id be able to buy online during public sale.

Has it been confirmed that if you buy a ST for next season you will get priority cause id happy buy ST next season, no problem

hibee_girl
15-04-2012, 07:18 PM

Has it been confirmed that if you buy a ST for next season you will get priority cause id happy buy ST next season, no problem

Nothing has been confirmed by the club yet, this whole thread is guesswork.

The_Todd
15-04-2012, 07:20 PM

No details have been released. In fact, maybe I'm wrong about database listed fans not getting priority but I'd be suprised if they did (though I guess the ability to purchase online without queuing is some sort of priority in itself I suppose).

O'Rourke3
15-04-2012, 07:23 PM
Apart from anyone who rolled up yesterday to pay at the gate (ticket booth) the Club will know exactly who did and didn't purchase tickets for the semi. There will have been STH and Members who couldn't go and they'll be looked after but for me it looked simple. Buy a ticket and go to the semi - put yourself in a great position to get a ticket for the final should you get there. 14 - 15000 tickets were sold and the fans got behind the team, they may not all have been regulars but they showed up in good numbers and supported the team. They were rewarded by seeing them win. They should be further rewarded by a priority booking (1 per category) for the final.

hibees4life89
15-04-2012, 07:26 PM
No details have been released. In fact, maybe I'm wrong about database listed fans not getting priority but I'd be suprised if they did (though I guess the ability to purchase online without queuing is some sort of priority in itself I suppose).

All this guess work is killing me.............

I really hope they give you a period in where if you buy a season ticket for next season you get priority cause id buy one in a heart beat.

I bet rod has got his pen and paper out doing his sums. The tache will be glowing

WHAM
15-04-2012, 07:38 PM
If your old man is flying back from Chicago then you can buy a season with your whopping salary mate.

I didn't realise club membership was closed.

Personally I would have 1 per season ticket then 1 per club membership.

Then one for all fans who buy a season ticket for next season.

After that I would restart Club membership scheme and guarantee a ticket with it as long as the supply is available.

Haha. I wish this was true mate but you know yourself...you couldn't put a price on us beating them in the final.

The old man has already been on the phone and is arranging his flights home. He knows he's struggling for a ticket but if worst comes to worst an overnight queing job may be required.

There seemed to be a time frame of a couple of weeks for the club membership....i phoned up the weekend before the Celtic home game and was told they weren't selling again until the following week (no reason given)....then I forgot about it so by the time I phoned again a couple of weeks after the ticket office said that was them finished. Bit of a joke tbh but I should have sorted it sooner.

Heard the Brig was bouncing last night?:flag:

hibee
15-04-2012, 08:36 PM
All this guess work is killing me.............

I really hope they give you a period in where if you buy a season ticket for next season you get priority cause id buy one in a heart beat.

I bet rod has got his pen and paper out doing his sums. The tache will be glowing

I really hope they do this too, won't benefit me as I have a season ticket and have already renewed for next season but it just makes sense to try and use this day to fill the ground up next season!

NOLA
15-04-2012, 08:51 PM
everybody who wants a ticket will get one,remember its hibs we are playing,they will only take 15,ooo,we get the rest :thumbsup: another gem from brokeback :rolleyes:

J-C
15-04-2012, 08:54 PM
Season ticket holders should only really get 1 each, a bit off if they can buy 2 and then the pay as you go supporter can't get one due to this.

Darth Hibbie
15-04-2012, 09:00 PM
Season ticket holders should only really get 1 each, a bit off if they can buy 2 and then the pay as you go supporter can't get one due to this.

The thing is how do you know that a ST holder does not buy the ticket for a pay as you go supporter and how do you know its only pay as you go supporters that will buy in a general sale instead of "glory hunters" and ticket touts.

Its a difficult one glad I don't have to make the decision on how they sort this one out.

Not that I care I am a season ticket holder so will get one anyway and if I can get 2 then my 6 year old daughter will be coming with me (she has been to a fair few games already and as such worthy of a ticket :greengrin).

Hibernia&Alba
15-04-2012, 09:01 PM
everybody who wants a ticket will get one,remember its hibs we are playing,they will only take 15,ooo,we get the rest :thumbsup: another gem from brokeback :rolleyes:

I hate them. Yambo Hunchback is a cesspit of inhumanity. See you there, ye fuds.

J-C
15-04-2012, 09:05 PM
The thing is how do you know that a ST holder does not buy the ticket for a pay as you go supporter and how do you know its only pay as you go supporters that will buy in a general sale instead of "glory hunters" and ticket touts.

Its a difficult one glad I don't have to make the decision on how they sort this one out.

Not that I care I am a season ticket holder so will get one anyway and if I can get 2 then my 6 year old daughter will be coming with me (she has been to a fair few games already and as such worthy of a ticket :greengrin).

Surely that's what the general sale is for, the pay as you go or get to a game when you can supporter. Although I don't have a season ticket for this year, I hope I'm still on the data base, I'm giving them a phone tomorrow to check out if I'm still on their radar, they still send me letters offering season tickets etc.

Largshibby
15-04-2012, 09:08 PM
Maybe this has already been mentioned but I think the club should use the feelgood factor and use the two remaining home fixtures as part of the package to "guarantee" a final ticket. Say one or both tickets to Killie and Dunfermline plus a semi final stub to get one for the final once ST holders have their priority. It would encourage big crowds for two essential league games to ensure SPL status (remember that) and generate a lot more cash for the club.