PDA

View Full Version : Who do you want in the final? (merged)

Hibbyradge
14-04-2012, 01:32 PM
Sing it loud and proud!

Hibercelona
14-04-2012, 01:37 PM
I'd rather it was Celtic. :wink:

Purely by the fact that it sends us straight into Europe.

MSK
14-04-2012, 01:39 PM
I'd rather it was Celtic. :wink:

Purely by the fact that it sends us straight into Europe.**** that ..gimme the tramps ...:hibees:pfgwa:flag:

Part/Time Supporter
14-04-2012, 01:40 PM
Nine Yams on a booking tomorrow.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17710610

cabbageandribs1875
14-04-2012, 01:41 PM
sellick plz, Europe here we come

p.s. lots of yellow cards for the yamboids walking the suspension tightrope, just incase they scrape a win the flukey *******s

Lucius Apuleius
14-04-2012, 01:41 PM
Torn. Would love it to be the yams but I also think we could beat the lesser greens, however the the thought of straight back to Europe no matter the result makes me a tad happy.

HIBERNIAN-0762
14-04-2012, 01:52 PM
Over on boakback the usual poor support :blah::blah::blah:

Do they never tire of spouting that pish?, please God let it be them in the final :agree:

Hibs7
14-04-2012, 02:08 PM
I sill take the jumbos as long as 6 of them that are already on a booking get booked tomorrow.

sauzee's-socks
14-04-2012, 02:08 PM
I would prefer to get Celtic. If it must be defeat, rather them than Hearts.

Hibbyradge
14-04-2012, 02:09 PM
Europe? WTF?

One game in July and embarrassed by some team from Azerbaijan that we've never heard of?

Compare that to getting the monkey off our backs by actually winning the Cup and stuffing THEM to do so.

Bring on the Yams.

Kato
14-04-2012, 02:12 PM
Europe? WTF?

One game in July and embarrassed by some team from Azerbaijan that we've never heard of?

Compare that to getting the monkey off our backs by actually winning the Cup and stuffing THEM to do so.

Bring on the Yams.

Agree. Bring on the weirdos.

Part/Time Supporter
14-04-2012, 02:14 PM

Good positive mindset there.

:hilarious

Bring them on.

Kato

Do they never tire of spouting that pish?, please God let it be them in the final :agree:

They are all little men, so have an obsession about size. As far a sickbag is concerned they are not only little men but poor excuses for human beings. Let them hoot on all they want.

Under the radar Hibs, under the radar.

sauzee's-socks

Summary? I never venture over there.

Keith_M
14-04-2012, 02:15 PM
The ideal scenario is that every Yam is booked tomorrow but they still win. Then we play their reserves in the final.

We might even scrape a draw if that happens...

:duck:

:greengrin

Craig_in_Prague
14-04-2012, 02:15 PM
I'm warming to playing the yams. We are defending well.. even if we sit too deep. But we can be pretty dangerous up front... we cant influence what happens tomorrow anyway..lets just enjoy today and May 19th will be what it will be.

Hibercelona
14-04-2012, 02:17 PM
We'll WIN, regardless of who we get.

sauzee's-socks
14-04-2012, 02:18 PM
One thing is for sure. We have the better strikers. I assume Griffiths loan will automatically be extended to last past the end of the SPL season.

Keith_M
14-04-2012, 02:24 PM
One thing is for sure. We have the better strikers. I assume Griffiths loan will automatically be extended to last past the end of the SPL season.

Contracts are normally signed to 30th June, so hopefully that's the case with loans too. Would be a bit strange if he had to leave before the final, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Bigbobajob
14-04-2012, 02:27 PM

My thoughts exactly, don't think i could even watch it if it was a Hibs hearts final.... I would be sh@*ting it.

sauzee's-socks
14-04-2012, 02:46 PM
It's ***** that the one time we make it to the final we're terrified of the opposition. I'm taking a positive attitude from now on. Our name's on the cup!

greenlex
14-04-2012, 02:50 PM
My thoughts exactly, don't think i could even watch it if it was a Hibs hearts final.... I would be sh@*ting it.
They are ****ting themselves just as much if not more.

Jim44
14-04-2012, 02:51 PM
If we're going to win the cup, I'd prefer to do it against a decent team. So it's Celtic for me.

greenlex
14-04-2012, 02:53 PM
Europe? WTF?

Bring on the Yams.

:agree: 100% Then when we beat them it will be later entry into the Europa league. :thumbsup:

hibsbollah
14-04-2012, 02:53 PM
Hearts please. Time to get bragging rights. Forever. :flag:

MSK
14-04-2012, 02:54 PM
Hearts please. Time to get bragging rights. Forever. :flag::agree:

lapsedhibee
14-04-2012, 02:56 PM
If we're going to win the cup, I'd prefer to do it against a decent team. So it's Celtic for me.

:tsk tsk:

Since Hearts have such a special relationship with the Scottish Cup - it's virtually their cup you know - they would be the bigger scalp.

'mon the yams the morn.

HIBERNIAN-0762
14-04-2012, 03:00 PM
Summary? I never venture over there.

One said..." I can't believe they are in the final, they are so poor"

"they hardly had any supporters there today but that's nothing new"...(EH?)

"we will destroy them in the final as we always do, they won't ever win this cup"

Remarkable arrogance from a team sitting 6th in the league, they really do think they are Barca don't they.

Absolute clowns...bring them on!

Springbank
14-04-2012, 03:01 PM
:tsk tsk:

Since Hearts have such a special relationship with the Scottish Cup - it's virtually their cup you know - they would be the bigger scalp.

'mon the yams the morn.

Let's do it in style.
An All-Edinburgh Final is the way to do it.

McSwanky
14-04-2012, 03:22 PM
We'd be rooting for any other non-OF team (unless your vision has been clouded by the draw of Europe) so it's the Farts for me. Bottom line is that we have a better chance of beating them than Celtic.

Hibercelona
14-04-2012, 03:24 PM
We'd be rooting for any other non-OF team (unless your vision has been clouded by the draw of Europe) so it's the Farts for me. Bottom line is that we have a better chance of beating them than Celtic.

We shouldn't be looking at it in terms of who we have the better chance against.

We should be prepared for any final, regardless of what we're up against.

The real challenge won't be the team we're up against, it will be our own mind set.

Who cares who wins tomorrow.

--------
14-04-2012, 03:30 PM
We shouldn't be looking at it in terms of who we have the better chance against.

The real challenge won't be the team we're up against, it will be our own mind set.

My thoughts exactly. Let it be whoever it will be.

GGTTH.

And let me be the first to say this - on the day, whatever happens, we stay to the end and make more noise than the Unwashed at the other end of the ground. Just like last time.

:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa

McSwanky
14-04-2012, 03:33 PM

Let's look at this logically. Say hearts are 20% better than us as team, and Celtic are 100% better. It means that we can still beat hearts without playing out our skins. We'd have to play our absolute best to beat Celtic even if they're only playing half as well as they can. I know which team I'd rather play.

Part/Time Supporter
14-04-2012, 03:35 PM
Let's look at this logically. Say hearts are 20% better than us as team, and Celtic are 100% better. It means that we can still beat hearts without playing out our skins. We'd have to play our absolute best to beat Celtic even if they're only playing half as well as they can. I know which team I'd rather play.

:agree:

Chuck in the fact they would probably have a few players out due to injury and suspension.

sauzee's-socks
14-04-2012, 03:59 PM
It's the thought of getting beat by that lot. IF we did beat them, that would eclipse anything.

Pretty Boy
14-04-2012, 04:06 PM
Europe? WTF?

Bring on the Yams.

This.

It's written in the stars this year.

We'll do it and if that involves beating Hearts in the final all the better.

As for some of them mouthing off about poor support, WTF? Who sold more tickets this weekend?

inglisavhibs
14-04-2012, 04:10 PM
**** that ..gimme the tramps ...:hibees:pfgwa:flag:

Rather have a chance to win the cup. Europe is over rated and usually ends too quickly. Want to be at foot of the walk when the team are parading the cup. Difficult but more chance of beating Hearts than Celtic.

JimBHibees
14-04-2012, 04:15 PM
Europe? WTF?

Bring on the Yams.

Completely agree and if they are weakened by a few missing the final even better.

Baldy Foghorn
14-04-2012, 04:40 PM
So some are not fussed for Europe, I for one am....Celtic are not invincible, Killie beat them to lift the League Cup.....

Hearts in a Final would be torture for the ticker, 3 games against us this season, they have papped us, so how is getting them in the Final easier:confused:

GreenCastle
14-04-2012, 04:44 PM
We are due a win against them...10 games without a win...

Revenge for the semi a few years ago -surely the game couldn't be as bad as that ?

Bring on the yams...could you imagine if we beat them in the final :hyper:

Diclonius
14-04-2012, 04:45 PM
Celtic or Hearts?

I'd say Them - if they beat us, no big difference. It'll hurt but we're used to it over the years. If we beat them, they'll never live it down. Us not winning the cup means more to them than them winning it and they will be ****ting it.

Col2
14-04-2012, 04:50 PM
Has to be Hearts. Celtic are a much much better team on paper than they are and we are.

This Hibs team as we know is not the best and plays in fits and starts but we seem to have the ability to raise our game for cup ties and score crucial goals.

Fenlon made it clear he wanted Hearts post match so good enough for me!

col02
14-04-2012, 04:53 PM
An all Edinburgh final is my wish for two main reasons. The first reason is I believe we have a stronger chance against Hearts than Celtic. The second being that an all Edinburgh cup final would inject some excitement back into our city for football and might just grab enough attention from the media to make it such a special occassion. Hearts will not admit it but like ourselves they need a shot in the arm to try generate interest in their club again from fans who are threatening to not renew their season tickets. An all Edinburgh final imho will see both Edinburgh clubs become stronger next season than they are at the moment.

EuanH78
14-04-2012, 04:55 PM
Hearts,

If we are going to break this hoodoo, might as well be by beating them :wink:

Caversham Green
14-04-2012, 04:59 PM
As an aside, an all-Edinburgh final with a big noisy crowd would send a clear message that there is life in Scottish football beyond the Glasgow bigots - we don't need either of them as much as they think we do.

That and the chance to stuff the yams in a cup final?

Bring it on.

Hibercelona
14-04-2012, 04:59 PM
I don't care who we get landed with really.

All I care about is us winning, regardless of the opposition.

Frazerbob
14-04-2012, 05:42 PM
100% Hearts!

If they beat us in the final then so what...is it any different from their win in the semi when Gretna were awaiting in the final?

90 minutes to wipe the slate clean and take away all their slagging ammunition. They will be nervous as hell, fans and players. Imagine we ended the hoodoo against THEM!

Bring it on I say!

NaeTechnoHibby
14-04-2012, 05:42 PM
So some are not fussed for Europe, I for one am....Celtic are not invincible, Killie beat them to lift the League Cup.....

Hearts in a Final would be torture for the ticker, 3 games against us this season, they have papped us, so how is getting them in the Final easier:confused:

I agree with you :agree:

Hibernia&Alba
14-04-2012, 05:50 PM
Yams in the final would be the ultimate all or nothing match. Winning would be the ultimate, defeat unbearable. 110 year wait ended against them. Oh man, I could die happy. :greengrin

Still think they'll get hammered tomorrow.

Hibbyradge
14-04-2012, 05:54 PM
Yams.

No doubt.

HibbyAndy
14-04-2012, 06:02 PM
Have sold out there allocation for tomorrow?.

sleeping giant
14-04-2012, 06:03 PM
Hearts

Dibben
14-04-2012, 06:06 PM
The more I think about it, it has to be Hearts!

Stanton
14-04-2012, 06:48 PM
Maybe better chance of beating the Pinks :confused:

Nakedmanoncrack
14-04-2012, 06:55 PM
**** please.

madabouthibs
14-04-2012, 06:57 PM
For me there would be only one ideal scenario tomorrow, hearts get beat, and Celtic lose. :greengrin

Littlest Hobo
14-04-2012, 07:04 PM
Hearts to win and get all nine players who are on a yellow card get another booking and suspended for the final.

A 5-0 demolition job in the final with them leaving 30 minutes before the end with us partying into the wee small hours keeping them awake and ripping the piss out of them for years to come. CARLSBERG WEEKEND:aok:

Viking
14-04-2012, 07:07 PM
Hearts!!

And with a bit of luck a few of their players who are already on a yellow get one tomorrow!!!

Seveno
14-04-2012, 07:08 PM
If it is a Hibs v Celtic final then it should be renamed the Financial Fair Play Final.

SlickShoes
14-04-2012, 07:11 PM
I don't care who we get, we have a terrible cup record, we have a terrible record against hearts and a terrible record against celtc too. But the cup final is 90 mins unrelated to anything else, all we can do is hope the players put in a great shift and get right behind them. Every now and again trips to hampden really stick in the memory and today is one of those, I can't understand anyone that doesnt take the chance to go see hibs play there just based on form.

Franck Stanton
14-04-2012, 07:14 PM
Having thought about it, I would love to stuff the big team in the final, REALLY would, however.....in order to do that they would have to beat sellik tomorrow, and as I NEVER want the pinkoids to win any game, just cant bring myself to hope they win, so, even though it means giving up the chance for bragging rights forever, want sellik in the final.

SlickShoes
14-04-2012, 07:20 PM
Said this in another thread but our record in the cup is awful, our record against celtc is awful, our record against hearts is awful.

It's going to be difficult whoever we get, so I don't care who we end up playing in the final, after such a crap season those players on the pitch gave us another memorable experience at hampden lets just get behind them all and see what happens, if we don't win it, well we haven't won it for 110 years anyway. We will be massive underdogs regardless of who we face.

Littlest Hobo
14-04-2012, 07:20 PM
The FARTS for me too, we have to beat them at some point :rolleyes:

Eyrie
14-04-2012, 07:39 PM
Whoever wins tomorrow's game will be the favourites against us, so we'll have to be at our best regardless. But if Hearts make it then there is a risk that they win the Cup and that would be intolerable, so I'd prefer Celtc.

Besides, it will help Fenlon's summer recruitment drive if we've got European football to offer new players.

Hibbyradge
14-04-2012, 08:06 PM
Vote for Hearts.

For the first and, maybe, last time you're allowed! :wink:

GreenCastle
14-04-2012, 08:23 PM
Want the yams to get beat tomorrow but also want them in the final for revenge - is that possible ?

AlbertK86
14-04-2012, 08:33 PM
Bring on the hertz

7-0 6-2

GGTTH

Hainan Hibs
14-04-2012, 08:41 PM
Hearts. Ending the hoodoo against them in a SC final would mean all time bragging rights.

Hiber-nation
14-04-2012, 08:46 PM
I don't want them to win tomorrow but I'd prefer them in the Final. Does that make sense??

LeithBoozy
14-04-2012, 08:51 PM
Dont care, as long as it is well controlled by a first class ref. I dont know, perhaps someone like Willie Collum and his linesmen !!!

Hibercelona
14-04-2012, 08:52 PM

I understand what you're saying, but football isn't a logical game.

Celtic might look far better than we do on paper compared to Hearts, but I personally don't think things would be any easier, even if it is Hearts.

We should be prepared to play out of our skins anyway, regardless of who we're up against. It's a cup final!

Beefster
14-04-2012, 08:57 PM
Yams every time. We've nothing to fear from that jumped-up, blazer-wearing, inbred bunch of tosspots.

gf77
14-04-2012, 09:01 PM
Can't make up my mind really, on one hand Celtic would be good for Europe, but then to beat Hearts in the final would be immense!

CentreLine
14-04-2012, 09:03 PM
C'mon hahahahearts.......Never thought I'd hear myself say that but don't really care who beats the OF and an Edinburgh final would be scary but fantastic on so many levels.

djs69
14-04-2012, 09:09 PM
Im sure I read last week that the ugly lot along the road have quite a few players on a booking. So, does anyone know who is on a booking for them and celtic....and which of them do you hope picks up another and cant play in the final??? Black and Brown for me if they are?? Heres hoping for a good old kicking match !!

hibee_girl
14-04-2012, 09:15 PM
Hearts captain Marius Zaliukas, Rudi Skacel, Andrew Driver, Darren Barr, Danny Grainger, Scott Robinson, David Templeton, Suso and Jordan Morton are all in danger of being suspended for the final should they pick up a second yellow card of the competition.

Westie1875
14-04-2012, 09:19 PM
We are due a win against them...10 games without a win...

Revenge for the semi a few years ago -surely the game couldn't be as bad as that ?

Bring on the yams...could you imagine if we beat them in the final :hyper:

Exactly, WHEN we beat them in the final it will be amazing, it will take me at least a week to sober up after the celebration. :greengrin:flag:

Sean1875
14-04-2012, 09:58 PM

Always said i dont fancy Hearts in the final but with that many possibly suspended it is definitely looking tempting... :cb

Green Man
14-04-2012, 10:15 PM
I don't care who we play. We're in the final. We're going back to Hampden :flag:

oldbiker
14-04-2012, 10:19 PM
Couldn't be anything better than gubbing the jumbos to lift the cup, :pfgwa

Jim44
14-04-2012, 10:27 PM
I really fancy Celtic to take them apart tomorrow so there will be a lot of disappointed Hibbys tomorrow. If Fenlon can get the team up for it, we might just do it against them in the final, The consolation of a couple of games at least in Europe is not to be sniffed at either.

Hibercelona
14-04-2012, 10:29 PM
I really fancy Celtic to take them apart tomorrow so there will be a lot of disappointed Hibbys tomorrow. If Fenlon can get the team up for it, we might just do it against them in the final, The consolation of a couple of games at least in Europe is not to be sniffed at either.

I think it will be equally as hard for us, regardless of who wins tomorrow.

They'll always be "disappointed hibbys", even after we win the cup. :wink:

OxoHibby
14-04-2012, 10:51 PM
I don't want them to win tomorrow but I'd prefer them in the Final. Does that make sense??

Know what you mean.
The Yams in the final for me. Best chance of winning.

stu in nottingham
14-04-2012, 10:58 PM
Europe? WTF?

Bring on the Yams.

What the fellah above said. Time's time.

matty_f
14-04-2012, 11:04 PM
Whenever the thoughts come to mind of what the best way to win the cup would be, it'd be by beating the Yams, every single time. The OF don't even come into it when I think about Hibs breaking the run. For that reason, and the fact that all the pressure would be on them and not us, I've voted for the Yams.

ElginHibbie
14-04-2012, 11:33 PM
If we are going to finally win it, I would love it to be against the Yams, and I think after the last derby we have as good a chance of doing that now as we have had in a long time. Especially if they loose some of their players in the final, due to them picking up yellow cards tomorrow.

Though realistically, it's gonna be Celtic, but with the Euro place and Killie beating them in the League cup, I don't see that that as an extremely worse situation

Cabbage East
14-04-2012, 11:47 PM
Anyone wanting 'them' is ******in mental!

Dashing Bob S
14-04-2012, 11:49 PM
Hibs v Hearts final. Yams to beat Celtic in a pen shoot-out after 1-1 draw after extra time.

Hibs 3 Yams 1 in final.

essexhibee
14-04-2012, 11:52 PM
I hear what people are saying but our record against hearts is woeful. For the last few years its been enivitable they are gonna beat us and they have. Jusy couldnt see that changing myself....and defeat would be unthinkable.

basehibby
15-04-2012, 12:05 AM
I put Celtic cos if we got the Yams in the final the tension would just about kill me!

Blow it though - I'm just delighted to be there - whoever we get - BRING IT ON!!! :drool:

Mikey
15-04-2012, 12:12 AM
Anyone wanting 'them' is ******in mental!

I'm *** mental. Always have been.

Let's be having them.

Pete
15-04-2012, 12:19 AM
I'm *** mental. Always have been.

Let's be having them.

Apparently Gary Locke will win the final for them.

I'm not sure we should even bother turning up knowing he is in their camp.

It's not like we've ever defeated any team he's had anything to do with before. God forbid in a cup final!

TObeachesHibby
15-04-2012, 05:01 AM
it has to be hearts..... but only after a dirty hacking game in which half their team is suspended for the final :agree::giruy:

Steve-O
15-04-2012, 05:14 AM
Celtic, selfishly because I would not come back to the UK for that game. Hearts would however cause quite a dilemma given it would be the biggest game in most of our lifetimes...On the other hand though, spending an utter fortune to come back and see Hearts beat us in a cup final would be absolutely gut-wrenching!

TObeachesHibby
15-04-2012, 05:37 AM
too right .. but what if you're coming back anyway......:confused:
ahh the wonderful conundrums of the most inconsistent Hibs team I have ever known:greengrin
Only ever been to one winning cup final 1991.... three losing ones 1993, 2001, 2004
I promised my mate not to come over for 2007 .. ..and we all know how that ended up .. so maybe for the greater good I should give this one a miss ..........
anyways ...well chuffed today .....:thumbsup::pfgwa

Barney McGrew
15-04-2012, 06:20 AM
Bring on the yams. Every bit of pressure would be on them, their fans and everyone else will expect them to only have to turn up to win it given our derby and SC records.

But at the back of their tiny wee pea brains, they'll be absolutely ****ting themselves that we would get the monkey off our back by beating them.

And we will :wink:

Hibernia&Alba
15-04-2012, 06:22 AM
I still haven't voted yet. Yams for the occasion and the better chance of victory. Only fear of another defeat to that mob is holding me back. Cup final derby defeat would be impossible to recover from.

Do I have the courage to risk failure in order to achieve greatness? Hmmmm

marinello59
15-04-2012, 07:15 AM
Stuff fear of defeat. Bring on the Yams. How long since the last all Edinburgh final? Far too long!

...WentToMowAnSPL
15-04-2012, 07:18 AM
Yams please !

Stevo1875
15-04-2012, 07:41 AM
guarantee europe?... so we can get beat in our first qualifying round by a team from Lichtenstein! so i'll pass on smeltic and take our chances with the yams. it would be the best thing ever to beat them in the final so we might as well at least have the opportunity.

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::f lag::flag:

Stevo1875
15-04-2012, 07:44 AM
Celtic, selfishly because I would not come back to the UK for that game. Hearts would however cause quite a dilemma given it would be the biggest game in most of our lifetimes...On the other hand though, spending an utter fortune to come back and see Hearts beat us in a cup final would be absolutely gut-wrenching!

heavy... i came back from london for the livi final and that was bad enough!

Gmack7
15-04-2012, 07:53 AM
Europe? WTF?

Bring on the Yams.

good point well made
let the kicking match begin

heretoday
15-04-2012, 08:07 AM

My thoughts entirely. If Killie can beat them so can we.

YehButNoBut
15-04-2012, 08:08 AM
Has to be Hearts, we've crap recent records against both but have more chance in beating them.

Getting beat from Hearts would be tough to take but we'd get over it but beating them in the final would be the greatest day ever as a Hibee and the chance may never present itself again (in my lifetime anyway).

So hope Hearts win today picking up a multitude of bookings on the way, would be a great day for Edinburgh.

Disc O'Dave
15-04-2012, 08:10 AM
Bring on the yams. Every bit of pressure would be on them, their fans and everyone else will expect them to only have to turn up to win it given our derby and SC records.

But at the back of their tiny wee pea brains, they'll be absolutely ****ting themselves that we would get the monkey off our back by beating them.

And we will :wink:

They WILL be bricking it if they get past Celtic.......our Scottish Cup record is the ONLY thing that defines them remotely positively, and without that they have nothing.

Most of the "big" scotish teams have some defining moments, The Arabs and Aberdeen have their European exploits in the 80's, we have all the "first team in Europe" history, the Famous Five,and all that jazz

Once the cup hoodoo is out the way, it's only really that day in 1986 that people the world over will know them for.

Big Frank
15-04-2012, 08:10 AM
i want celtic in the final.

Hope hertz get humped

Leithenhibby
15-04-2012, 08:12 AM
I still haven't voted yet. Yams for the occasion and the better chance of victory. Only fear of another defeat to that mob is holding me back. Cup final derby defeat would be impossible to recover from.

Do I have the courage to risk failure in order to achieve greatness? Hmmmm

:agree: We all do, it's time to grow a pair and deliver :aok:

"Bring them tramps on"

basher88
15-04-2012, 08:15 AM
hope it's the yam's and then we hammer them in the Hampden sunshine.

Littlest Hobo
15-04-2012, 08:23 AM
Hobbits creaming themselves.......as the tittle

Most of them telling each other how we have no chance in the final....:blah::blah::blah:

Then I found one sensible post......this:aok: If only the rest of his fellow supporters were as grounded.

Debut 4 (http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/user/869-debut-4/) http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/public/style_images/JKB_2010/user_popup.png (http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/user/869-debut-4/page__f__1)

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/public/style_images/JKB_2010/noavatar.png
Reserve Team
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/public/style_extra/team_icons/member.gif

Posted Yesterday, 19:10
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/public/style_images/JKB_2010/snapback.png (http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=2835313)Daydream Believer, on 14 April 2012 - 06:14 PM, said:

If they have to play Celtic then they've spawned an undeserved place in Europe. They probably know in their heart of Hearts that they'll get beaten in the final regardless of who they play.

A bit presumptuous? Im a believer in my own team, when i do sport myself i only believe there`ll be one winner but i never underestimate the opposition or think the game is won before it begins.

Being grounded and taking everything into consideration before you compete is important....and one is not writing off the the others chances...because it makes you perform appropriately....

I HATE all this talk of "they can`t win it". If anyone has watched Hearts long enough or ever played themselves competitively you`ll know it can just take one off day and its over.....

Do you think Celtic think tomorrow`s game is a given even though they are champions? No, because they wouldn`t be champions otherwise.

I just hate all this ****** blase attitiude towards it all....dangerous game. :agree::aok:

Littlest Hobo
15-04-2012, 08:27 AM
You don't read or hear things like this very much coming from a Hearts supporter, reasons why I copied and pasted it.

I now know that there is at least one of the 400,000 that is grounded :hibees

Littlest Hobo
15-04-2012, 08:41 AM
Titled.....Hobbits in dreamland
Daydream Believer, on 14 April 2012 - 06:14 PM, said:

If they have to play Celtic then they've spawned an undeserved place in Europe. They probably know in their heart of Hearts that thhttp://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/public/style_images/JKB_2010/snapback.png (http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=2835313)ey'll get beaten in the final regardless of who they play.

A bit presumptuous? Im a believer in my own team, when i do sport myself i only believe there`ll be one winner but i never underestimate the opposition or think the game is won before it begins.

Being grounded and taking everything into consideration before you compete is important....and one is not writing off the the others chances...because it makes you perform appropriately....

I HATE all this talk of "they can`t win it". If anyone has watched Hearts long enough or ever played themselves competitively you`ll know it can just take one off day and its over.....

Do you think Celtic think tomorrow`s game is a given even though they are champions? No, because they wouldn`t be champions otherwise.

I just hate all this ****** blase attitiude towards it all....dangerous game.

There is one of the 400,000 who is grounded:not worth

1two
15-04-2012, 08:43 AM
Yes, I hope you beat Celtic today! We're going to win the cup this year and I would love you all to be at Hamden to see us do it.

Westie1875
15-04-2012, 08:45 AM
Yes, I hope you beat Celtic today! We're going to win the cup this year and I would love you all to be at Hamden to see us do it.

:agree: :greengrin

Col2
15-04-2012, 08:52 AM
Really hope they win today. Beating them on the 19th May would be the sweetest victory EVER.

yeezus.
15-04-2012, 09:01 AM
More chance of beating the yams than the Celts... still recovering from yesterday :flag:

Betty Boop
15-04-2012, 09:20 AM
I hope Celtic demolish them today.

ronaldo7
15-04-2012, 09:31 AM
I hope the yams have at least 7 guys booked today and then spawn a result to make the final. :wink:

Baker9
15-04-2012, 09:59 AM
Amazing atmosphere yesterday especially after such an early goal. We need to capture that, add to the numbers attending and build on it for the final. I sincerely hope it is Hearts. Some people seem to think getting Celtic would be better as at least we have a place in Europe. We need to man up. Hearts are the easier option and we need to out- attend, out-shout and out-celebrate them. We were humiliated in the Hampden semi against them and we have been lying down to them ever since.

Head to head against hearts, with Paddy Fenlon managing and Captain McPake running the show!

Eyrie
15-04-2012, 11:04 AM
I don't understand the logic that Hearts will be bricking themselves at the thought of playing us.

Their fans will be, because a loss will be even worse for them than it would be for us, but we won't be facing their fans. It'll be their players on the pitch, and they will be supremely confident of continuing their recent record of success against us. They will use that confidence to relax themselves and draw on it if we get an early goal like yesterday.

The Hearts squad is just as dangerous as the Celtc one, but if we get ahead against Celtc they'll start thinking back to the League Cup final against Kilmarnock.

SteveHFC
15-04-2012, 11:09 AM
Celtic by a mile

Hibercelona
15-04-2012, 11:10 AM
I don't understand the logic that Hearts will be bricking themselves at the thought of playing us.

Their fans will be, because a loss will be even worse for them than it would be for us, but we won't be facing their fans. It'll be their players on the pitch, and they will be supremely confident of continuing their recent record of success against us. They will use that confidence to relax themselves and draw on it if we get an early goal like yesterday.

The Hearts squad is just as dangerous as the Celtc one, but if we get ahead against Celtc they'll start thinking back to the League Cup final against Kilmarnock.

A loss won't be worse for them than it will for us. That's utter pish.

If Hearts get to the final, we better want it more than they do, because last time in the semi was a disgrace.

Eyrie
15-04-2012, 11:31 AM
A loss won't be worse for them than it will for us. That's utter pish.

Disagree - for both sets of fans there is the horror of losing to their arch-rivals, but they have the added worry that instead of gloating over 110 years, it'll be us gloating that we beat them in the final. Don't tell me you wouldn't rub it in?

cannastar
15-04-2012, 11:46 AM
On a personal note i hope its hearts as an all edinburgh final would as said earlier generate a renewed interest in the capital for the fitba.:flag:

snooky
15-04-2012, 11:51 AM
On a personal note i hope its hearts as an all edinburgh final would as said earlier generate a renewed interest in the capital for the fitba.:flag:

Let's wait till we get pass the semi ...... eh wait a minute ..... :hmmm:

:flag:

blackpoolhibs
15-04-2012, 12:18 PM
I voted hearts but its strange, every time hearts go near i find myself shouting dont score. And every time celtic go near i'm wanting them to score. Old habits i suppose, i have never wanted hearts to win any game. :confused:

iwasthere1972
15-04-2012, 12:31 PM
Sellick for me.

Hiber-nation
15-04-2012, 12:36 PM
I voted hearts but its strange, every time hearts go near i find myself shouting dont score. And every time celtic go near i'm wanting them to score. Old habits i suppose, i have never wanted hearts to win any game. :confused:

:agree:

Its built into us to want them to lose every game they ever play against anyone. Forget Europe, forget the final, I just hate hearts.

Hibby_G
15-04-2012, 12:38 PM
Celtic:aok: