PDA

View Full Version : David Wotherspoon

forthhibby
14-04-2012, 03:42 PM
Worth a wee mention, thought we got a grip of the game again when he came on :thumbsup::flag:

Pretty Boy
14-04-2012, 03:44 PM
Was keen to get forward and support which was maybe lacking a wee bit before he came on.

mentalhibee
14-04-2012, 03:52 PM
Yep, well played Spoony! Should have slipped in sproule at the end to make it 3-1,he defo made an impact when he came on.

ano hibby
14-04-2012, 03:53 PM
And he didn't pick up a booking so no suspensions for final

essexhibee
14-04-2012, 04:15 PM
Yea did well apart from the horror shot when he should have squared to Sproule.

Twiglet
14-04-2012, 04:24 PM

I thought he played well too. For the shot he took in hindsight I thought he should have passed to Sproule, but at the time i didn't see him. He suddenly went flying past after Spoony had let his shot away. I assumed at the time Sproule hadn't shouted for it.

Wotherspiniesta
14-04-2012, 04:30 PM
He's taken a fair bit of bashing on this site, but I thought he was really positive when he came on today. Well played Spoony :thumbsup:

Biggie
14-04-2012, 04:32 PM
Defo agree, spoony did well, but really anyone could have done better than the pitbull (spaniel more like)...well done spoony

col02
14-04-2012, 04:48 PM
Stabilised our midfield at a time when Aberdeen were controlling the game thru their midfield so a good substitution and well played the lad. I still think he is a player worth sticking with as he has the ability no doubt about that in my mind it is just the confidence that is lacking at the moment but can see him next season making a big push to kick on a bit again.

ancient hibee
14-04-2012, 06:26 PM
He plays better away from ER-probably our fault.

Viking
14-04-2012, 06:29 PM
Worth a wee mention, thought we got a grip of the game again when he came on :thumbsup::flag:

Yep! Definately settled things down! thought kujabi was great in second half too! fought for every ball on the left and side and was up and down the pitch!

MSK
14-04-2012, 06:33 PM
Yep! Definately settled things down! thought kujabi was great in second half too! fought for every ball on the left and side and was up and down the pitch!Hates a tackle !!!! :greengrin....brill performance from the wee man ..(Kujabi)

Who got MOM ..?

Pretty Boy
14-04-2012, 06:35 PM
Hates a tackle !!!! :greengrin....brill performance from the wee man ..(Kujabi)

Who got MOM ..?

McPake got the official MOM.

MSK
14-04-2012, 06:39 PM
McPake got the official MOM.Good shout ..:aok:

Alfred E Newman
14-04-2012, 06:39 PM
Stabilised our midfield at a time when Aberdeen were controlling the game thru their midfield so a good substitution and well played the lad. I still think he is a player worth sticking with as he has the ability no doubt about that in my mind it is just the confidence that is lacking at the moment but can see him next season making a big push to kick on a bit again.

Thought he did well by putting a shift in when he came on ,but his poor shot rather than pass to Sproule for a clinching goal and an atrocious free kick underlines his weakness.

TornadoHibby
14-04-2012, 06:46 PM

That was enough to have the guy in the South Stand behind me shouting taht "How does that ******er get near the Hibs team never mind get a game! :rolleyes:

I thought he did help our shape when he came on as Claros looked tired. :agree:

Was decent going forward and put in two or three decent defensive tackles! :agree:

He should have passed to Ivan instead of shooting himself though! :agree::agree: 3-1 would have been us out of sight and pressure off!

Ozyhibby
14-04-2012, 07:27 PM
Not easy to come on as a sub on such a big game. Great performance. Well done to Fenlon for bringing him in at the right time.

heretoday
14-04-2012, 08:05 PM
Nobody was perfect out there today but what mattered was the committment the players put in, especially in the first half. If they'd had some of that in certain league games we wouldn't be in second bottom place.

MoM for me was O'Connor for taking and making the goals.

Penrith Hibee
14-04-2012, 08:54 PM
Spoony's a player and thought he made a huge difference when he came on. Yep, he made a gaff with the missed pass to Ivan and the free kick could have been better but for me, he changed the game when the sheep were threatening to take charge.

AlbertK86
14-04-2012, 08:59 PM
Spoony been pish lately but played well when came on today

jacomo
15-04-2012, 12:53 PM
Not easy to come on as a sub on such a big game. Great performance. Well done to Fenlon for bringing him in at the right time.

After Aberdeen equalised, Fenlon was key. The teams had cancelled each other out, he waited for Aberdeen to show their hand and then made the outfield change. Good work. :aok:

patlowe
15-04-2012, 01:12 PM
I personally think the only problems Wotherspoon have are in his head, ability wise he should be a starter every week. Until he sorts it out I'd keep playing him as an impact sub, a bit less pressure on him and he can change a game in the way he did yesterday. Regardless, the amount of stick he gets from Hibs fans is ridiculous, he's clearly a confidence player and needs support.