PDA

View Full Version : Section 43, singing section etc

Pretty Boy
14-04-2012, 03:40 PM
Well done on setting up the display today.

All the fans were fantastic but as someone who's giving you a bit criticism in the past credit where its due.

Cracking effort especially tp give up your Friday night as well, good practice for the final too!!!

down-the-slope
14-04-2012, 03:44 PM
TBF i thought both teams displays were cracking and really added to the day. Graet that the clubs / SFA have for once got a handle on working WITH the fans...I hope the final will see greater support for the 12th Man in help / finance etc to make it a bigger / better repeat

:not worth

My steamer throw was only a 4/10....poor effort but I will get training for final :greengrin

ano hibby
14-04-2012, 03:51 PM
Need to see some pics was too busy trying to see out from under my card!!
Well done organisers though

Viva_Palmeiras
14-04-2012, 04:20 PM
Echo that. Well done lads and lasses and the organisers you did our club proud!

essexhibee
14-04-2012, 04:21 PM
Well done boys your a credit to this fine club.

Keith_M
14-04-2012, 04:23 PM
Does anyone have photos of the display?

If so, maybe someone could upload them to the internet (preferably not to Facebook tho)

frazeHFC
14-04-2012, 04:58 PM
:thumbsup:

Tbh when it was still mobbed outside at five past i feared the worst, but great too hear it looked good. :thumbsup:

Was a great effort from all, and the donations were much appreciated. :not worth

GreenCastle
14-04-2012, 05:01 PM
Something massive has to be planned for the final with a message written for all the players to see :agree:

Great effort today with all the flags, streamers, pieces of card.:top marks

Both displays were great and who needs the Old Firm :agree:

smack
14-04-2012, 05:13 PM
Tbh I thought the Aberdeen display was much clearer. It wasn't very easy to make out HFC in our display.
I suggest 1902 for the final especially if we play the yams

hibbybrian
14-04-2012, 05:15 PM
Tbh I thought the Aberdeen display was much clearer. It wasn't very easy to make out HFC in our display.

I'd suggest 1986 if we meet the Yams in the final :greengrin

O'Rourke3
14-04-2012, 05:15 PM
Well done on setting up the display today.

All the fans were fantastic but as someone who's giving you a bit criticism in the past credit where its due.

Cracking effort especially tp give up your Friday night as well, good practice for the final too!!!

:top marksCan't agree more. Was looking forward to seeing it on the telly after I got back - displayed but not remarked upon by the BBC at any rate. Think one of the organisers was on the Hibs.net 1 bus. to have that much enthusiasm is to be properly commended. Bring on the final.
:flag::flag:

Diclonius
14-04-2012, 05:16 PM

I would suggest double sided cards, with "Since 2012" on the other side should we beat them.

woodythehibee
14-04-2012, 05:28 PM
Fantastic lads, take a bow! :flag:

frazeHFC
14-04-2012, 05:30 PM
:top marksCan't agree more. Was looking forward to seeing it on the telly after I got back - displayed but not remarked upon by the BBC at any rate. Think one of the organisers was on the Hibs.net 1 bus. to have that much enthusiasm is to be properly commended. Bring on the final.
:flag::flag:

I just looked at the bus list and yes there was. Mick, if you reading, top class work and organising last night in the set-up. :thumbsup:

I would suggest double sided cards, with "Since 2012" on the other side should we beat them.

:hilarious :thumbsup:

Hibernia&Alba
14-04-2012, 05:34 PM
They shouldn't be criticised. They're trying to introduce some atmosphere and passion, which is all too lacking nowadays. More power to them. :flag:

Sweep
14-04-2012, 05:55 PM
Saw some guys with green and black scarfs, sect 43 on them. where can i get one?

frazeHFC
14-04-2012, 06:04 PM
Saw some guys with green and black scarfs, sect 43 on them. where can i get one?

Smart as ****!

There was not a huge order bought but if you get signed up on the sect 43 forum http://www.sect43.co.uk/forum/forum.php there is a thread about them.

LancashireHibby
14-04-2012, 09:26 PM
Top, top marks to those who set it up. I thought at the time maybe Aberdeen's was maybe a little better than ours as we seemed to have quite a few latecomers, but the pictures look great. Fantastic effort and a credit to the club.

Thomson1875
14-04-2012, 09:34 PM

They just arrived yesterday / day before, limited amount which are selling pretty fast got asked by at least 10ish people where to get one today. Best way to get one would be via our merchandise section on our forum bud.

Display looks good, aberdeen's display was cracking to be honest. Everyone that played there part in our display should be proud. especially the efforts a few individuals put into it was fantastic well done to them, they know who they are.

Bring on the final, bigger and better:flag:

GreenCastle
14-04-2012, 09:36 PM
They just arrived yesterday / day before, limited amount which are selling pretty fast got asked by at least 10ish people where to get one today. Best way to get one would be via our merchandise section on our forum bud.

Display looks good, aberdeen's display was cracking to be honest. Everyone that played there part in our display should be proud. especially the efforts a few individuals put into it was fantastic well done to them, they know who they are.

Bring on the final, bigger and better:flag:

Did Aberdeen players not give some money towards their display?

Maybe have a collection box in the ticket office for the Final - fans asked to donate a quid for the display may help out :aok: when people pick up their tickets.

frazeHFC
14-04-2012, 09:40 PM

Maybe have a collection box in the ticket office for the Final - fans asked to donate a quid for the display may help out :aok: when people pick up their tickets.

Yeah they contributed £500.......is a decent chance we could maybe ask some of our players for the final. :hmmm:

And cracking idea. :thumbsup:

Jonnyboy
14-04-2012, 10:39 PM
Top marks to all concerned and top marks to our whole support for creating a fantastic atmosphere with plenty of singing. Now can we please replicate that at the rest of our home games and of course in the final :greengrin

Iggy Pope
14-04-2012, 11:25 PM
Well done you boys and girls. Inititiative. Pride. Effort. Skill. Can count less than a dozen good days I've had at Hampden but you contributed immensely to one of the good ones today.
:flag:

essexhibee
14-04-2012, 11:30 PM
Just registered with the forum. Admins its "essexhibee" just like on here....waiting on the interrogation to check I'm not a jamboid :greengrin

Think you boys are quality. Great effort today.

Thomson1875
14-04-2012, 11:34 PM
Just registered with the forum. Admins its "essexhibee" just like on here....waiting on the interrogation to check I'm not a jamboid :greengrin

:greengrin

You should be able to sign in now mate.

The final should/will be much bigger and better.

essexhibee
14-04-2012, 11:36 PM
:greengrin

You should be able to sign in now mate.

The final should/will be much bigger and better.

Cheers mate. I'm sure it will be confident you boys will do something great. To give up three hours plus travelling and the expense of doing that for a two minute show is a fantastic touch.

frazeHFC
14-04-2012, 11:56 PM

If you are up at HW next year defo come along to S43 mate. :thumbsup:

mickki40
15-04-2012, 06:37 AM
On behalf of sect43/hibs 12thman can I say thanks to you all for donating. Without you we could not have done that display. Without you we can't do another display at the final. The work put into it by the army of volunteers who attended Hampden on Friday has not gone un-noticed. The guys really do appreciate it. Remember the sect43 guys are trying to bring about a noisier support...a more colourful support, not just at Hampden, but at all games. So I know we have had our critics in the past, and I am sure we will have them in the future. However, Hampden was a great time to show Hibs fans what we are all about. Next home game why not come up to section 43 and sing along with us. We don't bite. Personally, I think we are whats right with the game at the moment. In what has been a difficult year for the club sect43 have continued unabated to try and bring a noisier support to the club, they have put their own money in for most of the time and have not asked for any help except for Hampden. So we will ask you all again so we can plan our display for the final. hibs12thman@hotmail.co.uk is our paypal account. Feel free to donate not just now but also in the future. Once again a massive thanks to you all. GGTTH

essexhibee
15-04-2012, 08:12 AM

If you are up at HW next year defo come along to S43 mate. :thumbsup:

I will do mate ill be needing to meet passionate supporters and I think, just possible, you guys are :greengrin

Onion
15-04-2012, 08:18 AM
I'd be amazed in one of the sponsors or weegie rags don't jump on the case and offer to produce some A3 cards for free, with some advertising on the other side. No way should you find yourselves having to pay for these cards. Should just take a few phone calls to sort it out.

down-the-slope
15-04-2012, 08:24 AM

That is a blinding idea.....:agree:

down-the-slope
15-04-2012, 08:29 AM
I'd be amazed in one of the sponsors or weegie rags don't jump on the case and offer to produce some A3 cards for free, with some advertising on the other side. No way should you find yourselves having to pay for these cards. Should just take a few phone calls to sort it out.

NO WAY from me..this was by fans for fans effort..no grubby sponsors trying to get a free ride on us the supporter...if we sell 25,000 final tickets then 10p each is £2500...thats how easy it can be if we pitch in...the box at ticket office is best idea if the message is got out that people can use it to do their bit

R'Albin
15-04-2012, 08:33 AM
How about writing 7-0 and 6-2 on the cards for the final? :greengrin

Nakedmanoncrack
15-04-2012, 08:36 AM
NO WAY from me..this was by fans for fans effort..no grubby sponsors trying to get a free ride on us the supporter...if we sell 25,000 final tickets then 10p each is £2500...thats how easy it can be if we pitch in...the box at ticket office is best idea if the message is got out that people can use it to do their bit

:agree:

Absolutely, keep it a genuine fans effort.

Pretty Boy
15-04-2012, 08:46 AM

Agree with this.

Just think if every fan who bought a ticket donated a pound or even 50p we could have a brilliant display, let the guys keep some cash back for future projects and make a sizeable donation to a chose charity or something as well.

Keep it a fans effort.

SquashedFrogg
15-04-2012, 10:10 AM
How about writing 7-0 and 6-2 on the cards for the final? :greengrin

Would have no significance when we play Celtic :agree:

I'd prefer our display to show a massive bar of soap..:cb Obviously they'd spend half the match figuring out what is was but I'm sure they'd eventually work it out?

SouthamptonHibs
15-04-2012, 10:35 AM
Well done to all hail hail roll on the final

Thomson1875
15-04-2012, 10:45 AM
Most of our group are against sponsers, sky/espn ect so wouldn't be an option for us.

For the fans, by the fans as someone said.

I'm sure most hibees who help/donate would be prouder to know they helped raise the money and make it happen rather than some sponser/sky or what not paying for it they have took enough away from us football fans.

Looking forward to the final effort.

frazeHFC
15-04-2012, 01:03 PM
Just watched McPake and Griffith's interview with Sunshine On Leith being sung in the background. Amazing. :thumbsup:

Liam89
15-04-2012, 01:05 PM
Just watched McPake and Griffith's interview with Sunshine On Leith being sung in the background. Amazing. :thumbsup:

Can you link me to these interviews?? :flag:

frazeHFC
15-04-2012, 01:09 PM
Can you link me to these interviews?? :flag:

I had the game recorded so saw it there. :(

Sure someone will find a link. :flag:

neilmartinrocks
15-04-2012, 01:25 PM
Most of our group are against sponsers, sky/espn ect so wouldn't be an option for us.

For the fans, by the fans as someone said.

I'm sure most hibees who help/donate would be prouder to know they helped raise the money and make it happen rather than some sponser/sky or what not paying for it they have took enough away from us football fans.

Looking forward to the final effort.

what about CRABBIES?

O'Rourke3
15-04-2012, 02:26 PM
On behalf of sect43/hibs 12thman can I say thanks to you all for donating. Without you we could not have done that display. Without you we can't do another display at the final. The work put into it by the army of volunteers who attended Hampden on Friday has not gone un-noticed. The guys really do appreciate it. Remember the sect43 guys are trying to bring about a noisier support...a more colourful support, not just at Hampden, but at all games. So I know we have had our critics in the past, and I am sure we will have them in the future. However, Hampden was a great time to show Hibs fans what we are all about. Next home game why not come up to section 43 and sing along with us. We don't bite. Personally, I think we are whats right with the game at the moment. In what has been a difficult year for the club sect43 have continued unabated to try and bring a noisier support to the club, they have put their own money in for most of the time and have not asked for any help except for Hampden. So we will ask you all again so we can plan our display for the final. hibs12thman@hotmail.co.uk is our paypal account. Feel free to donate not just now but also in the future. Once again a massive thanks to you all. GGTTH

Just deposited Mick. :flag:

mickki40
15-04-2012, 03:24 PM
Just deposited Mick. :flag:

Thank you, it's appreciated