PDA

View Full Version : Just Back from Match

down-the-slope
14-04-2012, 02:36 PM
Great day to be a Hibbie :flag::flag:

Of course the usual heart in mouth period in the middle of second half that took another couple of years of my life..

Some great performances and yet a good bit more to come / needed from others and we will be a fairly decent team

BroxburnHibee
14-04-2012, 02:43 PM
That was absolutely brilliant :thumbsup:

Onion
14-04-2012, 03:02 PM
Sensational. All our big players had to play well and they all delivered.

SOL at the end was a bit special to be involved in.

And well done to all those that arranged to green day and lead the singing and support - you were brilliant. great day out.

GreenCastle
14-04-2012, 03:19 PM
Just back to Edinburgh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:top marks:aok: Amazing day - great atmosphere - and well done Hibs!

First half was a really good team performance - 2nd half we started slow and after their lucky wonder goal we kept going and showed great character! Fans stuck with the team and when we scored the winner it was absolutely madness in the Hibs end :greengrin:thumbsup:

At the end seeing the players come to the fans was great and Sunshine on Leith again went down well.

Some great performances today - feels good to be a Hibee again!

:hibees:pfgwa:hibees:pfgwa

down-the-slope
14-04-2012, 03:29 PM
Can i just add that Police / stewards i encountered were great (I know they often rightly get a bashing) we at the rear of D1 stood the entire match and it was not a problem to anyone and no effort made to seat us...that really made it extra special for me :greengrin

essexhibee
14-04-2012, 03:32 PM
Can i just add that Police / stewards i encountered were great (I know they often rightly get a bashing) we at the rear of D1 stood the entire match and it was not a problem to anyone and no effort made to seat us...that really made it extra special for me :greengrin

Yep I agree with this. We broke the tape celebrating and the guy laughed it off didn't care.

**** brill day. Lost my voice which was the main achievement I wanted to do. Great trip home with an M8 full of green scarves out windows. Love it.

GreenCastle
14-04-2012, 03:36 PM

Yeah seemed like they used common sense today - was in the North Stand and stood the whole game.

Great scenes after the game and on the way back on the M8 :thumbsup:

90 mins away.......:wink:

ChicoM1875
14-04-2012, 03:38 PM
Mone the ****** Hibees! Well done!!!

mjhibby
14-04-2012, 06:34 PM
Delighted for everybody connected to the club and especially those who have stood by the team and the players.Im sure rod is a happy bunny tonight as im sure before the cup run we were looking at a loss for the season of around £800-900,000 based on last years figures.Now we may even break even with the revenue for the semi and the final.Also of course it helps in attracting players when they see the support at hampden and the cup revenue can be used to get decent players in.A great day to be a hibby after such a terrible year and now lets keep it going for the rest of the season and then of course the final.Its a funny old game as greavsie used to say.

Bishop Hibee
14-04-2012, 06:39 PM
Brilliant battling performance with some great finishing from Griffiths and O'Connor. As Fenlon says, we'll need to improve for the final but we'll worry about that near the time. GGTTH.

Big thanks to the steward in Section D3 who tried to make us sit down. Cue "stand up if you hate jam tarts" from the boys in front of us which spread round the whole Hibs support after a period when we'd been a bit quiet. He gave up and didn't bother us in the 2nd half.

Malthibby
14-04-2012, 06:40 PM
And no hassle standing for the entire match...
GG

SlickShoes
14-04-2012, 07:08 PM
I went in to the match expecting nothing, then when we scored in 3 mins I was a nervous wreck for the rest of the match. That second goal was something special celebrated by bursting an inflatable sheep!

SOL at the end was pretty fitting and well sung by everyone. All round it was a great day to be a Hibby, looking forward to the final now, don't care who we get, I've seen us lose in the Scottish Cup enough times in my life already, I will be enjoying the day and getting behind every player no matter what!

GreenCastle
14-04-2012, 07:12 PM
I went in to the match expecting nothing, then when we scored in 3 mins I was a nervous wreck for the rest of the match. That second goal was something special celebrated by bursting an inflatable sheep!

SOL at the end was pretty fitting and well sung by everyone. All round it was a great day to be a Hibby, looking forward to the final now, don't care who we get, I've seen us lose in the Scottish Cup enough times in my life already, I will be enjoying the day and getting behind every player no matter what!

:top marks

I saw the plastic sheep in the North Stand being thrown around! :greengrin

Some random guy next to me pretty much had me in a headlock when the winner went in - carnage when that goal was scored - can't remember a goal being celebrated like that for a long time.

Littlest Hobo
14-04-2012, 07:16 PM
Today is what it's all about for me. Everyone had a smile on their face for a change. Brilliant to see :thumbsup:

MartinfaePorty
14-04-2012, 07:24 PM
I'd actually forgotten what a 'let's all do the Hibees bounce' was like! Just reminded me how awful we've been recently, but feel sure Paddy will bring us many more!!!

Scouse Hibee
14-04-2012, 07:30 PM
I was bouncing in the North which given my usually sedate approach from my seat in the West Upper was a blast back to the past for me, I loved every minute of it, can't wait for the final.:greengrin

whiskyhibby
14-04-2012, 07:31 PM
A brilliant day and the stewards were excellent...............Well done Hibs, Hibs fans and Hampden for making a special day

:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa

Hainan Hibs
14-04-2012, 07:37 PM
I'd just like to make a public apology to the guy I accidentally punched in the celebrations after the first goal. As I went for one of my trademark hugs of strangers following Hibs goals the angle of my arm was well off, and as you jumped my right hand came down which made a connection that Tyson would be proud of, I'm glad we could chat afterwards:greengrin

What a trip today, one of the best to Hampden:thumbsup:

14-04-2012, 07:42 PM
Absolutely over the moon!

Bit of a nail biter late in the second half but they stayed strong and held on, absolutely fantastic effort! McPake in particular I thought was outstanding!

Well done to everyone who set up and took part in the display before kick off, thought it looked fantastic, really impressed!

What a game, i'm still hyper! The absolute chaos in the hibs end after sparkys winner was just insane, last time I can remember scenes like that was when we won the cup back in 2007. Sunshine On leith aswell was just fantastic and again took me back to the day we won the cup!

Great day, now please please please hibs bring us that trophy back in May :flag:

GreenCastle
14-04-2012, 07:42 PM
Was pretty funny seeing lots of fans carrying crates of booze walking back along the street towards buses - obviously just been into ASDA and were about to enjoy the rest of their day :greengrin

madabouthibs
14-04-2012, 07:55 PM
Loved it, there was a passion shown by the players today thats been missing all season, a few of them would have been spurred on no doubt by the bigger than usual Hibs support. :agree:
I had faith, even after their equaliser, I didn't feel like today was gonna be a let down. :not worth

ALF TUPPER
14-04-2012, 09:34 PM
Thank you Hibbys for a brilliant afternoon.

Love to all

Sean1875
14-04-2012, 09:40 PM
If you'd told me back in November we'd be in the Scottish Cup final id have laughed in your face and been calling the appropriate authorities, however today was the best day ive had as a hibs fan for a good wee while, long may it continue :pfgwa

down-the-slope
14-04-2012, 09:49 PM
I bet there are loads of Hibs fans who wish they had made the effort today...a smashing advert for all that is good about scottish fooball. Two decent sized clubs / supports and plenty effort by hibs even where skill was missing....thats all we ask..a bit of pride...

Just hope all who were there today who want to be at final get tickets...

jodjam
14-04-2012, 10:13 PM
Today is what it's all about for me. Everyone had a smile on their face for a change. Brilliant to see :thumbsup:

Totally agree. Just barry coming out of a game without a gripe. Canny wait for the final

BroxburnHibee
14-04-2012, 10:20 PM
F****** hell I'm no home yet :greengrin

What a day

I love Hibs and days like today make it all worthwhile

OxoHibby
14-04-2012, 10:35 PM
Was pretty funny seeing lots of fans carrying crates of booze walking back along the street towards buses - obviously just been into ASDA and were about to enjoy the rest of their day :greengrin

Just got back home. Was in ASDA after the game and there was even a full on Hibee sing song in Asda. The woman who served me said she had never seen anything like it before after a game.
Absolutely brilliant day. Please please let this finally be the year.

:pfgwa:flag::flag::pfgwa:pfgwa

matty_f
14-04-2012, 10:38 PM
Just sticking the game on now, first chance to watch it again since I got back. Had a great time at the game, good trip through and back on the bus, great atmosphere about the place and thousands of happy Hibees kicking about. Superb!

:flag::flag::flag:

basehibby
15-04-2012, 12:34 AM
Great day to be a Hibbie :flag::flag:

Of course the usual heart in mouth period in the middle of second half that took another couple of years of my life..

Some great performances and yet a good bit more to come / needed from others and we will be a fairly decent team

:thumbsup: Just back from off the plane from holiday in Cyprus after watching the game in a pub in Paphos - brilliant as I thought I was going to miss the game when the dates were announced!

Needless to say I was kissing the air with glee when Griffiths ensured I would not have to take the horrible but almost inevitable decision to risk missing the bloody flight back and watch ET :not worth

Congratulations to Fenlon and the boys for a magic gutsy performance and cheers to all the fans that went through as well - the volume was on the Liverpool-Everton game where I was but it didn't matter cos watching ye all jumping about about at the goals I could just about hear Yeez anyway -

GGTTH !!! :thumbsup:

:flag::pfgwa:flag:

Saorsa
15-04-2012, 01:21 AM
I'm no very good with words :greengrin so I'll just say I love Hibs :agree: If there's any of the lads looking in tonight then can I say thanks for today :agree:

mim
15-04-2012, 06:32 AM
I'm no very good with words :greengrin so I'll just say I love Hibs :agree: If there's any of the lads looking in tonight then can I say thanks for today :agree:

Nae need for any more words, J.

....that'll do for me too. :flag:

wandering_hibee
15-04-2012, 06:44 AM
Had to take a train from Keith down to Glasgow, went from optimism on the way down to complete quietness on the way home:greengrin
Been to many cup finals and semi-finals over the years and have a feeling that this is going to be our year, think I will need to plan an overnight stop in Edinburgh after the final for the celebrations.:flag::top marks

cannastar
15-04-2012, 08:40 AM
just woke up heid still a bit fuzzy.was even drinking the wifes wine after my guiness ran dry...not a good mix.hope everybody else who was with us at hampden yesterday savoured the moment and soaked up the atmosphere as its been a long time coming.got six weeks to sober up til the final and to be truthfull i hope its an all edinburgh final cos we are owed a result against them big time.ggth:not worth

Dinkydoo
15-04-2012, 10:27 AM
:top marks

I saw the plastic sheep in the North Stand being thrown around! :greengrin

Some random guy next to me pretty much had me in a headlock when the winner went in - carnage when that goal was scored - can't remember a goal being celebrated like that for a long time.

Totally.

The guy in front of me fell over he was jumping about so much. I hugged two random strangers........what a feeling :greengrin