View Full Version : Soares

14-04-2012, 02:14 PM
Soares did nothing today sorry tobe negative after a win but he was hopeless.

14-04-2012, 02:16 PM
Oh dear, can't you just enjoy the win?

AL-Qaholik
14-04-2012, 02:18 PM

Perspective required?? WE'RE IN THE SCOTTISH CUP FINAL!!! :flag::pfgwa:flag:

14-04-2012, 02:20 PM
Who gives a ****.

We are in the Scottish Cup Final

14-04-2012, 02:20 PM

Whether or not that's true, in the context of the fact that we won, it's totally irrelevant. Soares played in the winning semi-final Hibs team and contributed to the win like everyone else.

As the man says, why bother posting this after we just got into the Final?

14-04-2012, 02:21 PM
sorry to be negative after a win

No one is making you post.

14-04-2012, 02:22 PM
Some of our fans just hate success.

No wonder we rarely ever win anything worthy of note.

WE ARE IN THE FINAL.

And we're going all the way. :wink:

14-04-2012, 02:28 PM
Whether or not that's true, in the context of the fact that we won, it's totally irrelevant. Soares played in the winning semi-final Hibs team and contributed to the win like everyone else.

As the man says, why bother posting this after we just got into the Final?

Sorry was not aware of the rule of not posting about a poor performance from a player after a win

I will try harder, however the point is though he did not contribute.

14-04-2012, 02:31 PM
Some of our fans just hate success.

No wonder we rarely ever win anything worthy of note.

WE ARE IN THE FINAL.

And we're going all the way. :wink:

Yeah your right it is the fans fault

JIm
14-04-2012, 02:31 PM
Sorry was not aware of the rule of not posting about a poor performance from a player after a win

Away and take your face for a *****

14-04-2012, 02:32 PM
Oh dear, can't you just enjoy the win?Some folk just cant help themselves ...:no way:

14-04-2012, 02:33 PM

I will try harder, however the point is though he did not contribute.Yes he did ..were through to the Scottish cup final ..cheer up ffs ...

14-04-2012, 02:36 PM
Yes he did ..were through to the Scottish cup final ..cheer up ffs ...

I am a "happy hibbie" simply making a point :greengrin

14-04-2012, 02:41 PM

You must have been ****ing suicidal the last few years. Jeezo!!!

14-04-2012, 02:43 PM
I am a "happy hibbie" simply making a point :greengrinI know ..its cool ..:thumbsup:

14-04-2012, 02:57 PM

Nothing wrong with "making points". But at least time them a little better.

There may have not been many great individual performances today, but the lads worked together as a team and came up trumps.

Its a breath of fresh air to see some team work in the side for a change and we should be encouraging that more, instead of pointing fingers at individuals because they didn't stand out.

We won today, because we done what we needed to do in order to win. Now i'd like to see us doing the same in the final. :agree:

CmoantheHibs
14-04-2012, 03:09 PM
Why after such a wonderful day is this the point you feel you must make.Surely there are other more positive things to focus on:confused:

14-04-2012, 03:10 PM
I was kind look at this quote from another thread.

"Soares 1 point. Total passenger, looked absolutely exhausted for the last 20".

sauzee1966
14-04-2012, 03:26 PM
Its like having a ' Night ' with miss world then saying she had horrible feet......look on the positive not the negative. As a TEAM they did well!! TEAM!

14-04-2012, 03:53 PM

have to agree with you mate, you are spot-on. He did very little of note and I thought the occassion got to him as generally he is a really good player, just not today. Cant believe the stick you are getting for stating your poit of view. It is after all a forum where all supporters are entitled to your opinion. Had we lost the game there would be a lot of people on here slating him for his display. Still, we are in the final and I, [as no doubt you are too] am over the moon at the team display and the victory.
On another note, thought Sproul was poor as well. No doubt be slated for my opinion, but hey-ho, it is my opinion and I am entitled to it.

14-04-2012, 03:59 PM

We've just reached our first SC final in 11 years and someone starts a thread to criticise a player. FFS....

inglisavhibs
14-04-2012, 04:00 PM

When you have record like HIbs have at Hampden especially in the Scottish Cup, I think it's not the time to be negative. Enjoy the win and analyse the performance later. Both wide players in midfield were not at their best but you will very rarely get all eleven playing well. The main thing was that they all tried the it Hearts out from start to finish and got the club to the final. Well done boys.

Prof. Shaggy
14-04-2012, 04:03 PM

And how do you think he got so exhausted?

14-04-2012, 04:03 PM
have to agree with you mate, you are spot-on. He did very little of note and I thought the occassion got to him as generally he is a really good player, just not today. Cant believe the stick you are getting for stating your poit of view. It is after all a forum where all supporters are entitled to your opinion. Had we lost the game there would be a lot of people on here slating him for his display. Still, we are in the final and I, [as no doubt you are too] am over the moon at the team display and the victory.
On another note, thought Sproul was poor as well. No doubt be slated for my opinion, but hey-ho, it is my opinion and I am entitled to it.Why not just saviour the moment though ..we are into a cup final ..we should be rejoicing ..for a few hours at least cant we just celebrate the occasion without the need to pick on poor/under performers ..is that too much to ask ?

Seems the betwetters are never pleased !!!

14-04-2012, 04:11 PM

Not a day for negativity Sammy! I think you should do the honourable thing and delete your own post.

14-04-2012, 04:17 PM

Bollox, he ran all day did plenty of defending at set pieces and was part of a team that has just taken us to the SC semi final. Get a grip.

14-04-2012, 04:17 PM
And how do you think he got so exhausted?

No idea why he was exhausted. Certainly was not for his forceful runs, tracking back and all round good performance. Maybe it is because he is a poor trainer and is just unfit but as I say I have no idea.

Last time I looked this was a forum to post comments it says nothing that the comments must be positive because we won.

Really get over yourselves

14-04-2012, 04:20 PM
Not a day for negativity Sammy! I think you should do the honourable thing and delete your own post.

Really ?

You think my post is so negative it should be deleted?

Is it so wrong to point out I thought that a player had a poor game.

Is there no place for a slightly negative comment because we won ?

14-04-2012, 04:20 PM

Layered with irony.

Prof. Shaggy
14-04-2012, 04:21 PM
No idea why he was exhausted. Certainly was not for his forceful runs, tracking back and all round good performance. Maybe it is because he is a poor trainer and is just unfit but as I say I have no idea.

Last time I looked this was a forum to post comments it says nothing that the comments must be positive because we won.

Oi!! What are you getting uppity at me for?
You can use this forum for whatever you want - I was asking a question - is there a problem with that?

14-04-2012, 04:26 PM
Oi!! What are you getting uppity at me for?
You can use this forum for whatever you want - I was asking a question - is there a problem with that?

No problem at all

BUT

Many here seem to have an issue with what must be my over the top comments

14-04-2012, 04:31 PM
No problem at all

BUT

You apologised for posting the OP in the OP.

Are you surprised people think you're being a bit of a snark?

No problem at all

BUT

Imagine going to the bother of starting a thread slagging off a player on the day we've made it to the Scottish Cup Final for the first time in 11 years with the chance of making history. Unbelievable.

No problem at all

BUT

Many here seem to have an issue with what must be my over the top commentsGo oot & get pissed bud ..:aok:

14-04-2012, 04:34 PM
Imagine going to the bother of starting a thread slagging off a player on the day we've made it to the Scottish Cup Final for the first time in 11 years with the chance of making history. Unbelievable.

Yeah imagine having an opinion really really shocking stuff. :confused:

Lets all agree this is the greatest team ever and all 14 players today were magnificent. (PS I thought about 8 of them were outstanding)

Is that better ?

14-04-2012, 04:37 PM
Lets all agree this is the greatest team ever and all 14 players today were magnificent. (PS I thought about 8 of them were outstanding)

Where are your threads/posts on the other 8?

14-04-2012, 04:39 PM
Why not just saviour the moment though ..we are into a cup final ..we should be rejoicing ..for a few hours at least cant we just celebrate the occasion without the need to pick on poor/under performers ..is that too much to ask ?

Seems the betwetters are never pleased !!!

Should you care to read my post you will see that I am over the moon, "happy as larry" " Couldn't be happier" etc etc etc. But, after all the initial hype dies down , feel more people will agree with the OP's poin of view, I was posting to let him / her know that he/she was correct in what he/she was saying, true, the timing of the post could have been better, but that point doesn't make it's content wrong. Some folk just want an arguement, both the op and I, like most - if not all Hibs supporters tonight are extactic, so lets call a halt to all this in-fighting eh and as you say - enjoy the moment.

14-04-2012, 04:40 PM
Where are your threads/posts on the other 8?

To scared to post on here mate the stick you get for making a factually correct post is unbelievable.

14-04-2012, 04:40 PM
Yeah imagine having an opinion really really shocking stuff. :confused:

Is that better ?

Get a grip. Amazing day out and every member of the Hibs team played their part.

We know our limitations and god knows there are many but save your moaning for our lacklustre defeats in the league and rejoice in what was a fantastic result for all Hibees today.

14-04-2012, 04:43 PM
To scared to post on here mate the stick you get for making a factually correct post is unbelievable.

Layered with irony.

14-04-2012, 04:43 PM
Agree totally with the OP, opinions that are different from the majority are slagged on here.
Why not just accept Soares was not a plus today.

14-04-2012, 04:46 PM
Get a grip. Amazing day out and every member of the Hibs team played their part.

We know our limitations and god knows there are many but save your moaning for our lacklustre defeats in the league and rejoice in what was a fantastic result for all Hibees today.

"Get a grip" okay then :rolleyes:

14-04-2012, 04:48 PM
Agree totally with the OP, opinions that are different from the majority are slagged on here.
Why not just accept Soares was not a plus today.

Why not just wait till monday - or include that opinion in another thread.

Starting a thread to slate a guy so soon after the game seems a bit ott.

14-04-2012, 04:49 PM
Why not just wait till monday - or include that opinion in another thread.

Starting a thread to slate a guy so soon after the game seems a bit ott.

"slate a guy" read the op again and tell me it was OTT

14-04-2012, 04:51 PM
Why not just accept Soared was not a plus,today.

14-04-2012, 04:51 PM
"slate a guy" read the op again and tell me it was OTT

Yup, starting a thread to say the guy did nothing is ott.

BTW Thought you were too scared to post?

14-04-2012, 04:56 PM
Yup, starting a thread to say the guy did nothing is ott.

BTW Thought you were too scared to post?

I am shaking as type.

I really don't get peeps on here unless your a happy clapper all the way some folk just want to have a dash at you.

For the record I am very very pleased I thought it was a great team performance.

However imho Soares did very very little to contribute to a great win.

Sorry if others don't agree but that is what forms are for opinions

14-04-2012, 05:01 PM
I am shaking as type.

I really don't get peeps on here unless your a happy clapper all the way some folk just want to have a dash at you.

For the record I am very very pleased I thought it was a great team performance.

We ALL have opinions but most of us are too happy or too pished to bother with moaning today ya miserable git!

14-04-2012, 05:03 PM
We ALL have opinions but most of us are too happy or too pished to bother with moaning today ya miserable git!

Not you though eh !

Dirkster23
14-04-2012, 05:09 PM
I am shaking as type.

He maybe didn't do too much on the attacking front, but played his part giving Doherty some protection down the flank. At the moment PF has us playing with a very deep midfield making us hard to break down. Don't think this suits Soares game but he worked back and won a few headers in and around our own box.

14-04-2012, 05:11 PM
Well, I'll say this...right or wrong, your decision to post negative criticism of a player and the brilliant timing of it (posted minutes after we reach the Scottish Cup Final) is certainly getting you a lot of attention. And here we all are arguing about it.

I bet you never guessed that would happen when you posted...

14-04-2012, 05:12 PM
He maybe didn't do too much on the attacking front, but played his part giving Doherty some protection down the flank. At the moment PF has us playing with a very deep midfield making us hard to break down. Don't think this suits Soares game but he worked back and won a few headers in and around our own box.

That's an excellent point :agree:

LeithBoozy
14-04-2012, 05:12 PM
It is unusual for a whole team to all play great on the day, that is why players get subbed. He was part of a decent hard-working performance and helped get us to the SC final, perhaps he will score the winner for us in May?.:greengrin

14-04-2012, 05:18 PM
Nothing wrong with "making points". But at least time them a little better.

There may have not been many great individual performances today, but the lads worked together as a team and came up trumps.

Its a breath of fresh air to see some team work in the side for a change and we should be encouraging that more, instead of pointing fingers at individuals because they didn't stand out.

We won today, because we done what we needed to do in order to win. Now i'd like to see us doing the same in the final. :agree:

Great post and says it all :top marks
As the game came to an end , as always , I like to pick my "MOM ", and to day for me this was a 1 to 11 + subs and management TEAM EFFORT.
A big thank you to all involved including SOARES
Have a question !
Anyone else wonder what Griffiths would be like in a GOOD team with proper support ? :greengrin

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

14-04-2012, 05:19 PM
He wasn't very involved today in fairness. Don't think the OP deserves the abuse, but it's a bit of a weird thing to bring up so soon after the match.

I think there's a player in there though, for sure.

14-04-2012, 05:26 PM

Spot on. Defence is part of his job and he did it well. But it appears some don't rate that side of the game in a midfielder

kevinc
14-04-2012, 05:27 PM

How many times did the full-back get forward and pose problems down his side?

14-04-2012, 05:39 PM

FWIW I agree with you 100% he was pish, however after a day like today I can forgive him as he was part of the team that has just got us to the final! May 19th Hampden here we come :flag:

14-04-2012, 05:50 PM
Well, I'll say this...right or wrong, your decision to post negative criticism of a player and the brilliant timing of it (posted minutes after we reach the Scottish Cup Final) is certainly getting you a lot of attention. And here we all are arguing about it.

I bet you never guessed that would happen when you posted, right?

Tell the truth I never thought about it before posting maybe if I had I would not have posted.

However during the game I was thinking I could not believe how anonymous Soares was and how little he had contributed. I posted and it seems to have caused a fuss.

14-04-2012, 06:12 PM
Tell the truth I never thought about it before posting maybe if I had I would not have posted.

However during the game I was thinking I could not believe how anonymous Soares was and how little he had contributed. I posted and it seems to have caused a fuss.

Fair dos Sammy. The thing is, you could be 100% right.

I was watching the game on my iphone via a video call through someone else's iphone, so I honestly didn't get a full or fair impression of how things were, including how Soares played, which I imagine folks will have different opinions on anyway.

What I'm trying to say is that we have been so desperate for something to celebrate...and it's the Scottish Cup Final too - how often in our lifetimes will we see our team get a shot at it? - and this site, I think anyway, struggles with the amount of negativity from people posting on it a lot of the time, so your post, coming as it did at the happiest Hibs moment in recent memory, kind of felt like a kick in the sacks :greengrin

For my part, I am sorry if I gave you a hard time about your post. I really don't want to fight with another Hibee, especially today, but I hope that what I just wrote explains why I did it.

14-04-2012, 06:12 PM

Don't you realise that the team was set up to stop them getting the ball wide and putting crosses in for the big two up front.Soares and Sproule spent the game doing that-one of the reasons we won.

14-04-2012, 06:17 PM
Don't you realise that the team was set up to stop them getting the ball wide and putting crosses in for the big two up front.Soares and Sproule spent the game doing that-one of the reasons we won.

Fair dos ancient but I did not see Soares at all.

kevinc
14-04-2012, 06:18 PM
FWIW I agree with you 100% he was pish, however after a day like today I can forgive him as he was part of the team that has just got us to the final! May 19th Hampden here we come :flag:

The boy he was directly up against was subbed at half time,they changed shape at the start of the second half and he kept the full-back in defensive mode up until the last 5 mins. i guess it's all about opinions though:flag:

14-04-2012, 06:18 PM
Fair dos Sammy. The thing is, you could be 100% right.

I was watching the game on my iphone via a video call through someone else's iphone, so I honestly didn't get a full or fair impression of how things were, including how Soares played, which I imagine folks will have different opinions on anyway.

What I'm trying to say is that we have been so desperate for something to celebrate...and it's the Scottish Cup Final too - how often in our lifetimes will we see our team get a shot at it? - and this site, I think anyway, struggles with the amount of negativity from people posting on it a lot of the time, so your post, coming as it did at the happiest Hibs moment in recent memory, kind of felt like a kick in the sacks :greengrin

For my part, I am sorry if I gave you a hard time about your post. I really don't want to fight with another Hibee, especially today, but I hope that what I just wrote explains why I did it.

No probs a great day.
I just think Soares poor display could have cost us the game it did not and in hindsight I maybe should not have posted.

14-04-2012, 06:19 PM
Fair dos ancient but I did not see Soares at all.

He does more unseen work than Brian Kerr ever did:greengrin

14-04-2012, 06:20 PM
He does more unseen work than Brian Kerr ever did:greengrin

Brian Kerr did unseen work? I don't ever remember seeing that....:wink:

gringojoe
14-04-2012, 06:45 PM
Agree with OP, was almost like playing with 10 men. Expected more from Soares today. Still we are now in the final GGTTH.

King Paddy
14-04-2012, 06:49 PM

have to agree the weak link in midfield IMO. I would play Spoony ahead of Soares.

14-04-2012, 07:03 PM
Should you care to read my post you will see that I am over the moon, "happy as larry" " Couldn't be happier" etc etc etc. But, after all the initial hype dies down , feel more people will agree with the OP's poin of view, I was posting to let him / her know that he/she was correct in what he/she was saying, true, the timing of the post could have been better, but that point doesn't make it's content wrong. Some folk just want an arguement, both the op and I, like most - if not all Hibs supporters tonight are extactic, so lets call a halt to all this in-fighting eh and as you say - enjoy the moment.

No they don't.

Stonewall
14-04-2012, 07:06 PM
He did nothing in a positive sence but did a nice, disciplined wee holding job down our right flank.

The Don's tactics were clearly to try a stretch us on the flanks to get crosses in for their big forwards, the fact they changed tactics at half time suggests he must have been doing okay.

That said I have seen nothing in any game he has played to indicate he can be a positive influence on the team. Hope I'm wrong though.

14-04-2012, 07:08 PM
Probably wrong here with gut but I think when he plays or is on the pitch we win or seldom lose?

14-04-2012, 07:21 PM
No they don't.

Yes they do

14-04-2012, 07:23 PM
Played his part IMHO. Quite but geY in the final

14-04-2012, 07:39 PM
Ok the negativity has started already. so here is my opinion.

Soares looks like he could do with extra training along with big Gaz in my opinion.

Two talented footballers who have plenty to offer but need to be a little more mobile.

Gazza had a good game today and took his goal well, imagine what those two could do if they lost a few pounds for the final :agree:

They were both part of a winning team that got us into a Scottish Cup Final today so I haven't a bad word to say about any of their performances today.

14-04-2012, 07:40 PM

He did more than you are doing. He supported his team mates to a win that takes us into the final

14-04-2012, 08:10 PM
No they don't.

14-04-2012, 08:19 PM
Soares did loads of work off the ball and although he wasn't on it much what he did he did well.

Think he will get better and better the more he plays

14-04-2012, 08:24 PM
Probably wrong here with gut but I think when he plays or is on the pitch we win or seldom lose?

I must agree with this but I often think he looks lethargic and needs a kick up the backside. I didn't think Soars Sproule or Claros did much going forward today but the definately stifled the Dons midfield and I think along with the back four denied Aberdeen many opportunities to score. It seems to me that Pat Fenlon has decided that the best way of playing with the players he has is to try and stop the opposition scoring and play on the break and the players are now beginning to get his ideas and it is starting to work. Lets get together and win enough points to stay up win the cup and see what next season holds.:pfgwa:hibees:flag::thumbsup:

14-04-2012, 09:09 PM

Which is probably why they're the two players who've come in for most criticism tonight.

They were playing to instructions IMO and did so very well. Football's a team game and the team (apart from about 20 minutes after HT) generally played well as a team. I fully expected them to crumble after the Dons' equaliser - after all, we've seen that happen a few times before now - but credit to them they didn't.

19-05-2012, 10:34 PM
At Hearts 1st goal today Soares was 2nd to the ball 3 times from the corner the scored from !!!

Totally un-interested played the ball in for the goal other than that he was bystander

Saturdays Hero
19-05-2012, 10:44 PM
At Hearts 1st goal today Soares was 2nd to the ball 3 times from the corner !!!

Totally un-interested played the ball in for the goal other than that he was bystander

He's murder & the squad will continue to be full of imposters unless we spend,money talks & McPake will be off,sure to be a few clubs offering him more than us,unless we cough up it'll continue to be full of Soares & the like.

burghhibs
20-05-2012, 08:16 AM
Won't be sorry to se the back of him, no battling quality, very litte pace, very little skill. Always looks flat footed and slow, hope you enjoyed your short stay in the capital!

20-05-2012, 08:28 AM
Spares, along with the rest of the midfield, did **** all yesterday. None of them are good enough and they all need to be binned if we're going to improve.

Why can none of our 'hardworking', 'ball-winning' midfielders stop Ian black playing? As for the ones who aren't ball-winners, why can't they create any chances?

The midfield is the weakest link in this team and the lack of creativity is frightening.

20-05-2012, 01:09 PM
First time I saw him I thought he was just unfit, now I know he's just lazy!

He has good quality but in this league you need to be quick of the blocks or your in trouble.

20-05-2012, 01:13 PM
While not defending him, there were others just as guilty. I'm sure there were times when we we're 3rd to the ball!

20-05-2012, 01:16 PM
Spares, along with the rest of the midfield, did **** all yesterday. None of them are good enough and they all need to be binned if we're going to improve.

Why can none of our 'hardworking', 'ball-winning' midfielders stop Ian black playing? As for the ones who aren't ball-winners, why can't they create any chances?

The midfield is the weakest link in this team and the lack of creativity is frightening.

this:agree: