PDA

View Full Version : Player Ratings Scottish Semi Final Win

spike220
14-04-2012, 02:08 PM
Stack - 8/10 - Good until he went off, nobody in the world would have saved the Aberdeen Goal
Doherty - 7/10 - Played wel & took a lot of bashing, weak clearance header for Aberdeen Goal.
Mcpake (c) - 10/10 - Both attacks for the Goals were started by his input into the game. very solid at the back.
Hanlon - 8/10 - Solid honest shift
Kujabi - 8/10 - Aberdeen never really got to grips with him, perhaps only one lapse though in defence.
Soares - 6/10 I wanted more from him, but good passing passages and combined well.
Ozzy - 9/10 - Ran all day protected the defence when required, the engine of the midfield today.
Claros - 7/10 - some nice touches and is growing into the team.
Sproule - 7/10 - never set the game alight but constantly kept Aberdeen
guessing

Griffiths -9/10 - played for 95 minutes, well taken goal, hit the post too
Goc - 9/10 - All class, has lost weight, is sharper. A very, very good striker took his goal well and assisted Giriffiths Goal

Subs
Brown - 8/10 Did well 2 good saves (there are no easy saves in the semi-finals)
Francomb - 6/10 almost lost the game giving away a free kick with minuted left
Wotherspoon - 7/10 on for Claros, some good go forward and changed things around a bit

Doyle - unused -still think his fate is to do something for us in the cup yet (just a feeling I have)

hibsbollah
14-04-2012, 02:33 PM
Stack 7 Still wish he would come out a bit more. Not a lot to do but did it well.

Kujabi 8 Great assist, won his individual battles.
McPake 8 Very good. Not completely faultless, a couple of slack.passes thatcould have cost us against better players, but still our best defender.
Hanlon 7
Doherty 7

Sproule 6 worked tirelessly in a defensive role.
Claros 6 an occasional touch of quality but needs to impose himself more.
Ozzie 6 Like the rest of the midfield was completely dominated in the air. Much better when he got it down and played.
Soares 6

O'Connor 8 Has obviously worked hard on his fitness. Delighted for him.
Griffiths 9 Sensational workrate and took his goal really well.

Fenlon 9 Got the tactics right...pressed their players hard throughout. Sometimes the quality wasn't there but the effort they put in was tremendous. Really pleased and proud of them all :flag:

Elephant Stone
14-04-2012, 02:41 PM
Stack 8. Composed performance, really good.

Doherty 7
McPake 8. Solid.
Hanlon 7
Kujabi 6

Sproule 7.
Osbourne 7. Best I've seen him play in ages, needs to improve his distribution a lot though.
Claros 7
Soares 1. Total passenger, looked absolutely exhausted for the last 20.

O'Connor 8
Griffiths 7

Seveno
14-04-2012, 02:51 PM
Stack - 8/10 - Good until he went off, nobody in the world would have saved the Aberdeen Goal
Doherty - 7/10 - Played wel & took a lot of bashing, weak clearance header for Aberdeen Goal.
Mcpake (c) - 10/10 - Both attacks for the Goals were started by his input into the game. very solid at the back.
Hanlon - 8/10 - Solid honest shift
Kujabi - 8/10 - Aberdeen never really got to grips with him, perhaps only one lapse though in defence.
Soares - 6/10 I wanted more from him, but good passing passages and combined well.
Ozzy - 9/10 - Ran all day protected the defence when required, the engine of the midfield today.
Claros - 7/10 - some nice touches and is growing into the team.
Sproule - 7/10 - never set the game alight but constantly kept Aberdeen
guessing

Griffiths -9/10 - played for 95 minutes, well taken goal, hit the post too
Goc - 9/10 - All class, has lost weight, is sharper. A very, very good striker took his goal well and assisted Giriffiths Goal

Subs
Brown - 8/10 Did well 2 good saves (there are no easy saves in the semi-finals)
Francomb - 6/10 almost lost the game giving away a free kick with minuted left
Wotherspoon - 7/10 on for Claros, some good go forward and changed things around a bit

Doyle - unused -still think his fate is to do something for us in the cup yet (just a feeling I have)

This is outrageous ! Why did you only give James McPake a 10 ?

Wotherspiniesta
14-04-2012, 02:58 PM
Stack- 8 Solid.

Doherty- 8 Solid.
McPake- 9 Solider.
Hanlon- 9 Similarily Solider.
Kujabi- 7 Wonderfullly dodgy.

Soares- 2 Didn't do much.
Claros- 7 Neat and put in some tackles.
Ozzy- 9 Awesbourne.
Sproule- 2 Didn't do much.

Griffiths- 9 Hibs fan. Ran all day.
O'Connor- 8 Loved it. Goal and assist.

Wotherspoon- 7 positive.

lucky
14-04-2012, 03:03 PM
10 out of 10 for everyone. We are in the final

H113EE5
14-04-2012, 05:19 PM
10 out of 10 for everyone. We are in the final

Imagine how good we would be without the 3 passengers in midfield. Soares, Sproule and Carlos were and have been for the past weeks, absolutely cr@p

lucky
14-04-2012, 05:22 PM
Imagine how good we would be without the 3 passengers in midfield. Soares, Sproule and Carlos were and have been for the past weeks, absolutely cr@p

Imagine posting that on the day we got to the final

Hibs90
14-04-2012, 05:32 PM
Stack 7 decent until he had to go off

Doherty 8 - pretty solid
McPake 9 -apart from his one cock up a brilliant performance
Hanlon 7 - solid most of the game
Kujabi 7 - could be bettter but had a decent game

Sproule 5 - worst player on the park imo
Yaya Toure - 8 - Superb
Claros 7 - dont not too much wrong
Soares 6 - looks unfit

O'Connor 8
Griffiths 8

YASSSS :pfgwa

Sergio sledge
14-04-2012, 05:33 PM

Claros hasn't been playing, so he can't have been crap for the past weeks. Whilst Sproule and Soares didnt do a great deal in attack, the whole team pressed all over the pitch, Claros put himself about well and played the easy passes. The midfield as a defensive unit were good today I thought.

Hibs7
14-04-2012, 06:06 PM
The midfield were pathetic. We done well to win considering their performance, glad Stevenson available for the final.

ancient hibee
14-04-2012, 06:07 PM
The whole point about today was that Sproule and Soares were to defend the wings so that Aberdeen couldn't get crosses in to the two big men-this worked a treat -anyone who doesn't think so in my humble opinion knows SFA about football.

Hibs7
14-04-2012, 06:09 PM
The whole point about today was that Sproule and Soares were to defend the wings so that Aberdeen couldn't get crosses in to the two big men-this worked a treat -anyone who doesn't think so in my humble opinion knows SFA about football.

Yeah well said Pat Felon, .ha, ha.

StarMan10
14-04-2012, 06:10 PM
Have to say i thought Claros had a bit of a shocker at times today! You can see the odd glimpse of class with some of the stuff he does but seems to be struggling to get used to scottish football but hopefully in time he will get used to it.

Dirkster23
14-04-2012, 06:11 PM

Spot on :agree: As a result Aberdeen only created a handful of chances throughout the game.

lucky
14-04-2012, 06:14 PM

well said Old Yin :greengrin. PF tactics worked and the Hibees are going back to hampden

hibee_girl
14-04-2012, 06:14 PM
Stack 7 - Caught everything he had, came off his line (once, maybe :greengrin), had no chance with the goal

Doherty 7 - Good game
McPake 10 - Solid
Hanlon 9 - Another good solid game from him
Kujabi 7 - he was good but can never relax watching him!

Soares 6 - Wasn't great, kept drifting into the middle leaving the Aberdeen player in acres of space! He'd be better in the middle though :greengrin
Claros 6 - thought it was his best game for us so far but fully expect Stevenson to claim his place back next week
Osbourne 9 - he strolled through that game with ease
Sproule 7 - yes he didn't come forward an awful lot but it was clear he'd been told to protect/help Kujabi

O'Connor 9 - the hardest he's worked all season
Griffiths 9 - he just never gives up :thumbsup:

seven nowt
14-04-2012, 06:43 PM
Stack 5 - Didn't have much to do, poor distribution, should have saved the goal
Doherty 7 - Played well
McPake 8 - Brilliant, a couple of mistakes
Hanlon 8 - Yet again, solid
Kujabi 7 - Exciting again.

Soares 5 - Wasn't great
Claros 6 - Never done much wrong, was a bit quite
Osbourne 8 - Was hard in the challenge and stopped any sheep attacks
Sproule 3 - Looked absolutely clueless...again!

O'Connor 7 - Hitting form again, looks clumsy sometimes but he's a goalscorer
Griffiths 6 - Tried to be exciting, not much came off for him. Scored the winner! Typical

Average Rating: 6.36

Brown - Better than Stack. Deserves a start

Liam89
14-04-2012, 06:47 PM
So many yam fuds in this thread, or just idiotic stay at home fans. WE'RE IN THE SCOTTISH CUP FINAL. :flag::flag:

Pretty Boy
14-04-2012, 06:48 PM
Stack 7

Docherty 7
Hanlon 8
McPake 20
kujabi 7

Soares 6
Osbourne 8
Claros 6
Sproule 6

Griffiths 8
O'Connor 8

Brown 7
Wotherspoon 7
Francombe no time

McSwanky
14-04-2012, 06:52 PM
should have saved the goal

:tee hee:

fitothewalk
14-04-2012, 06:53 PM
both gary and leigh played well and our strength is defo going forward:giruy:

Seveno
14-04-2012, 06:54 PM
Stack 7

Docherty 7
Hanlon 8
McPake 20
kujabi 7

Soares 6
Osbourne 8
Claros 6
Sproule 6

Griffiths 8
O'Connor 8

Brown 7
Wotherspoon 7
Francombe no time

McPake 20. - yup, that's more like it.

R'Albin
14-04-2012, 06:56 PM
Stack 5 - should have saved the goal

Please, for the love of god, tell me you are joking!?

King Paddy
14-04-2012, 06:58 PM

Agree about Soars but i thought Claros and Sproule did contribute considerably to our Victory.
I was proud today to be a hibee, well done to all the team.

Jones28
14-04-2012, 07:02 PM
Stack - 7, did what he had to do well enough/Brown - 7, likewise

Doherty - 7, did well
Mcpake - 11, MOTM by a mile :aok:
Hanlon - 9, excellent
Kujabi - 8, one bad pass apart from that didnt put a foot wrong

Soares - 6, dissapointing, but worked hard defending
Osbourne - 7, did alright, lack of composure let him down
Claros - 7, ditto
Sproule - 5, infuriating going forward but worked hard as per

Go'C - 8 :aok:
Griffiths - 8:aok:

dmc1875
14-04-2012, 07:12 PM
Stack 5 - Didn't have much to do, poor distribution, should have saved the goal
Doherty 7 - Played well
McPake 8 - Brilliant, a couple of mistakes
Hanlon 8 - Yet again, solid
Kujabi 7 - Exciting again.

Soares 5 - Wasn't great
Claros 6 - Never done much wrong, was a bit quite
Osbourne 8 - Was hard in the challenge and stopped any sheep attacks
Sproule 3 - Looked absolutely clueless...again!

O'Connor 7 - Hitting form again, looks clumsy sometimes but he's a goalscorer
Griffiths 6 - Tried to be exciting, not much came off for him. Scored the winner! Typical

Average Rating: 6.36

Brown - Better than Stack. Deserves a start

:crazy:

LaMotta
14-04-2012, 07:22 PM

:agree:

Stack 7 decent until he had to go off

Doherty 8 - pretty solid
McPake 9 -apart from his one cock up a brilliant performance
Hanlon 7 - solid most of the game
Kujabi 7 - could be bettter but had a decent game

Sproule 5 - worst player on the park imo
Yaya Toure - 8 - Superb
Claros 7 - dont not too much wrong
Soares 6 - looks unfit

O'Connor 8
Griffiths 8

Utter nonsense

Aldo
14-04-2012, 07:32 PM
McPake was outstanding closely followed by Griffiths and if PF has funds at the end of the season then for me the 2 if them should be top if the list.

McPake was the MOTM by a country mile IMHO

hibsbollah
14-04-2012, 07:37 PM

Exactly right. they were charged with defending the wings and did so.

The Falcon
14-04-2012, 08:17 PM
McPake was outstanding closely followed by Griffiths and if PF has funds at the end of the season then for me the 2 if them should be top if the list.

McPake was the MOTM by a country mile IMHO

I thought Griffiths was MOTM today. Held the ball up and always showed for it. Generally was a total pain to the Aberdeen defenders and never gave them peace.

As an aside I though Claros did ok as well though at times looked unsure what his role was.

The Harp Awakes
14-04-2012, 10:01 PM
Stack 6 - Solid enough but not much to do.

Doherty 7 - Battled well. Decent game.
Hanlon 7 - Distribution poor at times but has much improved since playing alongside McPake.
McPake 9 - Inspirational:not worth
kujabi 7 - One moment of madness but otherwise a decent game. Loads of energy.

Soares 5 - Pressed and covered well but quiet game.
Osbourne 9 - Our best midfielder by a mile. Solid throughout.
Claros 6 - Did ok but yet to settle. Will be a better player next season.
Sproule 5 - Like Soares worked hard but didn't pose much of a threat.

Griffiths 9 - Must be a nightmare to play against. Perpetual motion. Brilliantly taken winner.
O'Connor 8 - Has picked up following a mid-season slump. Forming a decent partnership with Sparky.

Brown 6 - Assured when coming on at a time when the dons were on top. Gave team confidence to push on in the final 10 mins.
Wotherspoon 6 - Did really well when he came on.
Francombe - 1 - no time to shine.

Well done Hibs. A great battling performance.

Hiber-nation
14-04-2012, 10:06 PM
Stack 5 - should have saved the goal

:faf:

Beyond belief really.

Hibercelona
14-04-2012, 10:10 PM
:hahaha: People who are moaning about the midfield.

Who's to say that we still would have won today if we had a different midfield? :confused:

Jim44
14-04-2012, 10:43 PM
O'Connor's positionai awareness with his back to the goal when he scored was really impressive.

seven nowt
15-04-2012, 08:25 AM
:faf:

Beyond belief really.

My second position is goalkeeper. Obviously we have different ideas of what standard a keeper should play at. He was off his line a bit when he didn't have to be, he showed the space for Vernon to shoot and attempted to save it with the wrong hand. Mark Brown would have saved that.

3pm
15-04-2012, 08:38 AM
My second position is goalkeeper. Obviously we have different ideas of what standard a keeper should play at. He was off his line a bit when he didn't have to be, he showed the space for Vernon to shoot and attempted to save it with the wrong hand. Mark Brown would have saved that.

You're being very harsh man.

NAE NOOKIE
15-04-2012, 08:46 AM
Just a great team effort. Worried about how easily we gave up the midfield at times, but we have done that all season.
Perhaps PF has decided to concentrate on stopping teams in the last 3rd rather than try to win the midfield.

That works against the likes of Aberdeen, not so sure it will against a better team.

Thanks Hibs for giving us a great day at Hampden, doesnt happen too often.

:thumbsup:

NorthNorfolkHFC
15-04-2012, 08:51 AM
i liked the look of Spoony in a central role. He looked pretty confident and made one or two defence splitting passes in his short time on the park.

i realise it was late in the day and players were tiring though!!!

BSEJVT
15-04-2012, 11:00 AM

:top marks

Sometimes players sacrifice their own games to do a job for the team.

It makes them look bad but "real football people" know whats going on

Tyler Durden
15-04-2012, 11:15 AM

I don't think anyone is denying that Sproule and Osbourne have done well defensively for the team in the last 2 games. However they need to do much more when we have the ball.

Ivan seems wholly unwilling to take his man on these days which is strange as his defensive work has shown he still has the pace. Improved performances in the last few weeks but it's not to say we shouldn't hope and expect better. Hopefully the players take confidence from the result and string a few more good results together before the final.

Jim44
15-04-2012, 11:25 AM

I don't think anyone is denying that Sproule and Osbourne have done well defensively for the team in the last 2 games. However they need to do much more when we have the ball.

Ivan seems wholly unwilling to take his man on these days which is strange as his defensive work has shown he still has the pace. Improved performances in the last few weeks but it's not to say we shouldn't hope and expect better. Hopefully the players take confidence from the result and string a few more good results together before the final.

A football team can be a bit like a cooking recipe. Not all the ingredients have major roles to play but their presence is very often crucial to the success of the end product. :dunno:

Northernhibee
15-04-2012, 11:28 AM
Stack 9 - Always looked in control, absolutely nothing he could do about the goal. Best I've seen him in ages.

Doherty 7 - Followed his brief very well, nicely played.
McPake 10 - Potentially one of the great CBs of our club. Very very good indeed.
Hanlon 9 - Stormer of a game
Kujabi 6 - Moments of good play, also very shaky at some points too.

Sproule 7 - When he found himself some space, he was very good.
Osbourne 8 - Always available, happy with his battling performance today
Claros 8 - Best performance for us, some fantastic passes.
Soares 5 - Stuck to his brief, did the minimum to tick that box but workrate was very poor.

O'Connor 9 - Calmly taken goal, always looked dangerous
Griffiths 9 - Always get the feeling when the ball falls to him that something will happen. Won a lot of 50/50 headers and even 40/60s, and a sublime finish that Deeks would have been proud of.

SUBS
Wotherspoon 7 - Brought some more energy and helped turn the game back in our favour.
Brown 6 - Didn't have much to do.
Francomb 100,000 - Honestly, no ****ing clue as I was too busy partying already, for all I know he could have cleared five shots off the line whilst finding out where Ian Black was and punching him in the puss. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt :flag:

Scouse Hibee
15-04-2012, 11:31 AM

Ridiculous comment that can't be proved. It was a tremendous goal and only someone on the wind up would want to blame Stack for it.

GreenPJ
15-04-2012, 12:22 PM

:agree: He got no purchase in his jump, he effectively fell backwards and went with the wrong hand albeit was still a very good strike but think he should have had at least a hand to it.

GreenPJ
15-04-2012, 12:26 PM
i liked the look of Spoony in a central role. He looked pretty confident and made one or two defence splitting passes in his short time on the park.

i realise it was late in the day and players were tiring though!!!

Thought Spoony did really well when he came. He showed some grit in midfield and played a few passes on the deck that split the Aberdeen defence. I would rather see him there with Ozzy and Stevenson for the final with Francombe at right mid.

sparkiedelpaco7
15-04-2012, 12:40 PM
Stack - 7 - Didnt have too much to do, couldnt do anything with the goal but at times was slow off his line
Doherty - 7 - Solid despite taking too big hits
McPake - 9 - MOM. SIGN HIM NOW!!!!
Hanlon - 7 - Couple of dodgy passes but on the whole played well
Kujabi - 6 - Did alot well but didnt stand out
Soares - 7 - Got involved alot but I feel he should be playing CM as he didnt have the pace to play winger
Claros - 6 - Quiet in periods but put in good tackles and tried to make opening passes
Osbourne - 6 - Needs to drive past people more and take the game by scruff of the neck
Sproule - 6 - Tried to get involved but legs looked tired. 5 years ago, most of his runs would have led to goals
O'Connor - 7 - Well taken goal and was involved alot. Needs to work closer to Leigh
Griffiths - 8 - Created alot of movement and chances and took goal well.

Wotherspoon - 7 - Came on and settled the ship well.
Brown - 7 - Didnt have a lot to do but what he had he did well
Francomb - 6 - Didnt have long but didnt make any mistakes