PDA

View Full Version : Travel to the Final

SouthEnglandHib
14-04-2012, 01:45 PM
Anyone got any cheap ideas?
cheapest ive found is london - glasgow on the coaches, only thing is thats about 8 hours on the coach.

any ideas welcome!

HibeeEmma
15-04-2012, 07:45 AM
Anyone got any cheap ideas?
cheapest ive found is london - glasgow on the coaches, only thing is thats about 8 hours on the coach.

any ideas welcome!

Depemding on where your based, easyjet are showing pretty cheap prices. Il go up on the Thursday and back Monday night -2 nights to celebrate should be sufficient.

If your in Stevenage, Luton has the best priced flights. Get them booked up ASAP from there

SouthEnglandHib
15-04-2012, 12:59 PM
Depemding on where your based, easyjet are showing pretty cheap prices. Il go up on the Thursday and back Monday night -2 nights to celebrate should be sufficient.

If your in Stevenage, Luton has the best priced flights. Get them booked up ASAP from there

Not bad idea, would like to go up friday evening/night sometime, because of work, come back down sunday afternoon!

may sound stupid, do you need your passport? yes its still in GB, but i thought you needed a passport to go anywhere via plane?

lyonhibs
15-04-2012, 05:28 PM
I'll be getting an early Saturday morning train from Euston direct to Glasgow Central. Probably the 7.30 departure - 40 one way. Will worry about the return journey after payday.

HibeeEmma
16-04-2012, 12:58 AM
Not bad idea, would like to go up friday evening/night sometime, because of work, come back down sunday afternoon!

may sound stupid, do you need your passport? yes its still in GB, but i thought you needed a passport to go anywhere via plane?

You need a form of id so either passport or drivers licence. If you fly with Ryanair you need your passport.

Flights shouldn't be too expensive unless easyjet clock onto the final happening and increase them. Get in on them quick to save!

HibeeEmma
16-04-2012, 01:00 AM
I'll be getting an early Saturday morning train from Euston direct to Glasgow Central. Probably the 7.30 departure - 40 one way. Will worry about the return journey after payday.

Is it long to be a 3pm kickoff then? Double check before booking anything

SouthEnglandHib
16-04-2012, 10:56 AM
We've made our choice;
Coach from London - Glasgow over night, kick off time doesn't matter to us then.

Nice sleep on the coach up and back, cheap weekender too.

Anyone else joining?
11pm from London Victoria sounds good.

HibeeEmma
16-04-2012, 02:51 PM
We've made our choice;
Coach from London - Glasgow over night, kick off time doesn't matter to us then.

Nice sleep on the coach up and back, cheap weekender too.

Anyone else joining?
11pm from London Victoria sounds good.

i dont think i could stand being constrained in a small place right before the game.

Im taking the plane up on Thursday night after work, returning monday (unless the celebrations go on)

SouthEnglandHib
16-04-2012, 10:51 PM
Flying's a bit expensive for us, supporting our local team costs a bit.
so we may as well do it the cheapest (all be it, the most uncomfy journey).

go out on the friday out, get drunk enough to sleep up, and do the same coming down!

:flag:
have fun flying though!

lyonhibs
18-04-2012, 10:10 AM
Travelling up on the 7.30 train from Euston to Central - get in at noon, a few scoops with mates in Glasogw. Watch us win the cup. Job's a good 'un

Sunday: awake with monstrous hangover following winning celebrations, go to see victory parade, few more beers, 6pm train back down the road, more beers on train. Back to Oxford about 1am. Work on Monday morning with a massive grin on my face, but a hangover that could down an elephant.

Total travel costs, including getting to London from Oxford: 90. Worth every penny.

SouthEnglandHib
18-04-2012, 12:32 PM
How did you get everything for 90? I only found trains for like 150 from Euston to Glasgow that's why we're getting the coach.

Into london for 7.30, hit the pub
Coach leaves about 11pm, sleep, arrive glasgow 8am!
find ground, have a look around, hit the pub, watch Mcpake lift the trophy, back in the pub, coach leaves Glasgow at 10pm, arrive back in london at 7am,
36 including travel from mine - London. But not including match ticket.

wpj
18-04-2012, 03:10 PM

If you're not watching it in Quinns we may be in with a chance :wink:

lyonhibs
18-04-2012, 03:56 PM
If you're not watching it in Quinns we may be in with a chance :wink:

Couldn't agree more. 90 very, very well spent for all concerned. Was back up for the semi-final and we all saw what happened there!!!

OxoHibby
20-04-2012, 09:32 PM
Travelling up on the 7.30 train from Euston to Central - get in at noon, a few scoops with mates in Glasogw. Watch us win the cup. Job's a good 'un

Sunday: awake with monstrous hangover following winning celebrations, go to see victory parade, few more beers, 6pm train back down the road, more beers on train. Back to Oxford about 1am. Work on Monday morning with a massive grin on my face, but a hangover that could down an elephant.

Total travel costs, including getting to London from Oxford: 90. Worth every penny.

On the same train up. 49 first class 7:30 Euston. 3PM train back to Kings x from Waverly on Sunday 39. Montrous hangover and victory parade - PRICELESS.

All I need now is tickets - for me and a mate. If not then 7:30 from euston arrives in enough time to get train over to sunny edina and watch the game in an Easter Road pub

HibeeEmma
21-04-2012, 07:25 AM
On the same train up. 49 first class 7:30 Euston. 3PM train back to Kings x from Waverly on Sunday 39. Montrous hangover and victory parade - PRICELESS.

All I need now is tickets - for me and a mate. If not then 7:30 from euston arrives in enough time to get train over to sunny edina and watch the game in an Easter Road pub

How do other people find these first clas journeys on the train!? I'm going up on thursday afternoon from King X then back bmi to heathrow - 60 in total.

OxoHibby
21-04-2012, 08:41 AM
How do other people find these first clas journeys on the train!? I'm going up on thursday afternoon from King X then back bmi to heathrow - 60 in total.

Prices for train were throughnationalrail.co.uk and were the prices listed.

How did you find a train and flight for that price?

HibeeEmma
23-04-2012, 11:07 AM
Prices for train were throughnationalrail.co.uk and were the prices listed.

How did you find a train and flight for that price?

Im going up Thursday daytime and returning Monday so its much cheaper. Plus i have a railcard meaning i get 1/3 off trains