PDA

View Full Version : McPake

joe_hfc
14-04-2012, 01:39 PM
Do anything to sign up him! he is an absolute Rock, and is passionate about the club's success. Could be an inspirational captain and we should look to build our defense around him. Outstanding. :flag:

Mikey_1875
14-04-2012, 01:41 PM
You could see it last minute when he was almost jumping the gun celebrating going mad when mark brown got the ball in his hands at the end. Great player. Sign him up and build a team around him.

sleeping giant
14-04-2012, 01:41 PM
Do anything to sign up him! he is an absolute Rock, and is passionate about the club's success. Could be an inspirational captain and we should look to build our defense around him. Outstanding. :flag:

Simply outstanding :flag:

MSK
14-04-2012, 01:42 PM

You could see it last minute when he was almost jumping the gun celebrating going mad when mark brown got the ball in his hands at the end. Great player. Sign him up and build a team around him.

Simply outstanding :flag::hibees:pfgwa:flag:

Hibercelona
14-04-2012, 01:43 PM
Another Murphy. Calm and cool and as solid as a rock.

Get him signed up ASAP Mr Fenlon please!

cockneymike
14-04-2012, 01:44 PM
Totally agree, he was awesome today and is just the sort of guy we need leading the team! Pay him whatever it takes to get him to sign.

cabbageandribs1875
14-04-2012, 01:44 PM
can i use the word colossus for McPake :wink: closely followed by griffiths and o'connor

MSK
14-04-2012, 01:50 PM
can i use the word colossus for McPake :wink: closely followed by griffiths and o'connor:agree:...:flag::pfgwa:hibees

Craig_in_Prague
14-04-2012, 01:50 PM
McPake is **** outstanding. Best defender i think we've had in my life... Tho it depends if you'd call le god a defender. If we can keep him for next season and beyond.. then the future is bright indeed.

Pretty Boy
14-04-2012, 01:54 PM
can i use the word colossus for McPake :wink: closely followed by griffiths and o'connor

I'd add Osbourne as well.

He wasn't brilliant but, in the 2nd half especially, he worked his socks off.

Hibs7
14-04-2012, 02:06 PM
Osbourne was rubbish.

cabbageandribs1875
14-04-2012, 02:06 PM
McPake in his weekend gear

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f8/AstonColossus.png

:cb :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
14-04-2012, 02:10 PM
I'd add Osbourne as well.

He wasn't brilliant but, in the 2nd half especially, he worked his socks off.

just proves we all have differing opinions PB :greengrin i thought he had a lot of misplaced passes, with a shocker out of our box straight to an aberdeen player in the 2nd half, it's maybe just his style that bugs me, he just seems to jog throughout the game with the odd burst now and again

joe_hfc
14-04-2012, 02:12 PM
McPake in his weekend gear

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f8/AstonColossus.png

:cb :greengrin

:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin :greengrin:greengrin

MSK
14-04-2012, 02:13 PM
Osbourne was rubbish.Worked his ass off ..good enough for me ..

sauzeelegod
14-04-2012, 02:43 PM
James McPake take a bow son. What a header to set up the winning goal. HIBEES YA BASS

Part/Time Supporter
14-04-2012, 02:44 PM
I know this may be a silly question with Levein as manager, but McPake for Scotland?

:dunno:

Elephant Stone
14-04-2012, 02:47 PM
We need to be doing absolutely everything we can to keep him, he's been outstanding. What a difference.

MSK
14-04-2012, 02:48 PM
I know this may be a silly question with Levein as manager, but McPake for Scotland?

:dunno:Enough said ...

NORTHERNHIBBY
Other teams with more beans have to be looking at this boy as well.

Seveno
Never in the history of football can it have been as easy to nominate the MoM.

I loved the way he came to the fans at the South stand and pointed to his armband. A captain worthy of lifting the ..........

hibsbollah
14-04-2012, 02:49 PM

I loved that bit :greengrin Sauzee-esque emotional reaction.

lapsedhibee
14-04-2012, 02:50 PM
Let me be the first to use the word outstanding to describe his performance today.

MSK
14-04-2012, 02:52 PM
Never in the history of football can it have been as easy to nominate the MoM.

I loved the way he came to the fans at the South stand and pointed to his armband. A captain worthy of lifting the ..........Passionate about football ..when many players turned us down because they didnt fancy the relegation battle McPake stood up & fancied the challenge ...his gain is their loss ..:agree:

AlbertK86
14-04-2012, 02:53 PM
Osbourne was rubbish.

Wot game were you at. He shut them down all day was at the centre of all Hibs good moves, went past men on numerous occasions.
He looked a class above anybody else on the park.

The only negative marks for me were for Sproule. How many chances was he given to run in the wide open spaces but chose to stop and look for a pass. Should have been straight in on goal on at least three occasions

McPake - great leader ... Really hope we can sign him

Onion
14-04-2012, 03:07 PM
McPake was sensational. Great leader, great captain and an inspiration to everyone.

down-the-slope
14-04-2012, 03:09 PM

Buy a season Ticket :dunno:

micka_weer
14-04-2012, 03:30 PM
With a bit of luck (and hard work) maybe captaining the side in Europe next season might be incentive enough to encourage him to sign? Fingers crossed!

essexhibee
14-04-2012, 03:34 PM
He's an absolute unit. Won everything. Love him. And was going mental at the end.

Franck Stanton
14-04-2012, 03:45 PM
Osbourne was rubbish.

This has to be a tongue-in-cheek throw away comment, doesn't it ? If not , then the poster needs to get a life. Really, some folk.

Bob Box Fish
14-04-2012, 03:54 PM
What a player, minds me of big jones in his first season but possibly better ?

Hibs7
14-04-2012, 03:59 PM
This has to be a tongue-in-cheek throw away comment, doesn't it ? If not , then the poster needs to get a life. Really, some folk.

What the fek has getting a life got to do with my opinion (which I am entitled to) that Osbourne, Soares and Claros are the worst of Hibs loan signings, not one of those 3 got pass marks from me. I would not be happy if any of those 3 got permanent contracts.

Part/Time Supporter
14-04-2012, 04:02 PM
What the fek has getting a life got to do with my opinion (which I am entitled to) that Osbourne, Soares and Claros are the worst of Hibs loan signings, not one of those 3 got pass marks from me. I would not be happy if any of those 3 got permanent contracts.

1. Osbourne isn't on loan, he was signed on a free last summer.

2. I thought he had a better than decent game today.

AlbertK86
14-04-2012, 04:06 PM

Erse yi dinnae even ken who's on loan !!!

MSK
14-04-2012, 04:10 PM
Erse yi dinnae even ken who's on loan !!!Cut oot the personal stuff please ..lets aw celebrate ffs !!!

Hibs7
14-04-2012, 04:12 PM
Well what do you expect, you are not entitled to have a different opinion from the Hibs happy clapping sheep.

MSK
14-04-2012, 04:14 PM
Well what do you expect, you are not entitled to have a different opinion from the Hibs happy clapping sheep.Well if you are gonna criticise players at least you should ken who is on loan or not ....naw ..:rolleyes:

Hibs7
14-04-2012, 04:16 PM
There are that many :-) it is easy to make a mistake.

essexhibee
14-04-2012, 04:17 PM
Everyone stop moaning lol.

Back to the OP. He was a collusus. What a belter of a challenge to win the ball and help set up our goal. Looks a leader. Is a leader. Class.

MSK
14-04-2012, 04:18 PM
There are that many :-) it is easy to make a mistake.Savour the moment bud ..:pfgwa

Hibs7
14-04-2012, 04:19 PM
Agree totally about McPake, and the good news is Stevenson is back for the final.

Hibs7
14-04-2012, 04:21 PM
Savour the moment bud ..:pfgwa

Oh I did and the league cup final win, but being slagged for an opinion is becoming common practice on here. Not the way it used to be.

At The Edge
14-04-2012, 04:22 PM
He was awesome today, as was the rest of team,

Beefster
14-04-2012, 04:22 PM
Well what do you expect, you are not entitled to have a different opinion from the Hibs happy clapping sheep.

You're allowed to have an opinion but dinnae be surprised when someone tells you it's pish. There's nothing worse than someone whinging about not being allowed to have an opinion when what they actually mean is "boo hoo, no-one agrees with me".

Man up.

MSK
14-04-2012, 04:24 PM
Oh I did and the league cup final win, but being slagged for an opinion is becoming common practice on here. Not the way it used to be.Get over it mate, I honestly cant believe the pettyness on here after we have just reached a final ...****ing unbelievable !!!!!

Scorrie
14-04-2012, 04:25 PM
Loved the way in his post match interview McPake was talking about "us" and "we" and the players playing for each other. Could be one of the great Hibs captains. Get him signed!

GreenCastle
14-04-2012, 04:25 PM

Ozzy and Claros were very good 1st half - not too bad 2nd half! Ozzy has been one of the best players for Hibs this season aslo!

Soares didn't have his best game but still did enough and brings some quality and calmness to the team.

Anyone see McPake singing Sunshine on Leith at the end of the game also!

Could become a massive Hibs legend if we were to win on the 19th May!

Baldy Foghorn
14-04-2012, 04:35 PM
McPake is a rock, throws himself into challenge after challenge, I love watching him getting stuck in....A no-nonsense centre half....

GreenCastle
14-04-2012, 04:41 PM
Also he won the ball (broke up Aberdeens move) for the 1st goal (tackle)and 2nd goal (header).

Think he will be back at Coventry next season - for his final year of his contract.

Wotherspiniesta
14-04-2012, 04:53 PM
Said as much last week, and he was an absolute rock again today. I've held high hopes for him even after hearing his first interview. Talk is cheap, I know. But this guy can back it up and then some. He attacks the ball fearlessly, he talks his teammates through the game, he's brung Hanlon on leaps and bounds, he wins free kicks and he's quite quick across the ground aswell. We should do absolutely everything in our power to keep hold of McPake. Give him the freedom of East Mains, buy him a hoose, let him **** Petrie's wife. Just sign the guy up.

Westie1875
14-04-2012, 05:10 PM
Loved the way in his post match interview McPake was talking about "us" and "we" and the players playing for each other. Could be one of the great Hibs captains. Get him signed!
Do you know if this interview is available online?

Baldy Foghorn
14-04-2012, 05:13 PM
Also he won the ball (broke up Aberdeens move) for the 1st goal (tackle)and 2nd goal (header).

Think he will be back at Coventry next season - for his final year of his contract.

I have a feeling we will push the boat out to capture his signature

GreenCastle
14-04-2012, 05:16 PM
I have a feeling we will push the boat out to capture his signature

I would like to think so - he would be one I gave more money than some others :agree:

Depends what Coventry decide to do with him come summer - he did say on his twitter Q and A recently he would be going back next season...let's keep our fingers crossed he stays around - a real leader :top marks

Baldy Foghorn
14-04-2012, 05:32 PM
I would like to think so - he would be one I gave more than some others :agree:

Depends what Coventry decide to do with him come summer - he did say on his twitter Q and A recently he would be going back next season...let's keep our fingers crossed he stays around - a real leader :top marks

Agree:agree::agree:

essexhibee
14-04-2012, 05:42 PM
Cracking photo of him on the website.

14-04-2012, 06:06 PM

Totally agree, thought he was fantastic today, won everything in the air! He is a real leader and shows so much fight and passion. Get him signed up!

Top marks to him and all the boys today :thumbsup:

:flag:

Scorrie
14-04-2012, 06:13 PM
Do you know if this interview is available online?

Can't find it on the SSN website bud but perhaps it may crop up on SSN on TV or when they do a highlights show later. It's good stuff though

BroxburnHibee
14-04-2012, 06:36 PM
Mcpake is our player of the year

The difference that guy has made is unbelievable

King Paddy
14-04-2012, 06:45 PM
Osbourne was rubbish.

Beg to differ my dear friend, thought Osbourne really came onto a game in the last 20min.
Overall great performance.

TornadoHibby
14-04-2012, 06:47 PM

:top marks:aok:

Couldn't have put it better myself! :aok::aok:

Alfred E Newman
14-04-2012, 06:50 PM
Wages will be the stumbling block but we must try and sign him if its at all possible even if it uses up all the cup final money. By signing him you are really getting two players, the difference in Hanlon`s performances since McPake came has been fantastic. Like McPake I thought Hanlon was terrific today.

...WentToMowAnSPL
14-04-2012, 06:51 PM
Osborne was great ... When he got on the ball he looked around tried to pass to his own side, shielded the ball if he couldn't and seemed to be bothered ... Damn these new fangled skills - will never catch on in Scottish football !

GreenCastle
14-04-2012, 06:58 PM
Wages will be the stumbling block but we must try and sign him if its at all possible even if it uses up all the cup final money. By signing him you are really getting two players, the difference in Hanlon`s performances since McPake came has been fantastic. Like McPake I thought Hanlon was terrific today.

So true :aok:

Wotherspiniesta
14-04-2012, 06:59 PM
Osborne was great ... When he got on the ball he looked around tried to pass to his own side, shielded the ball if he couldn't and seemed to be bothered ... Damn these new fangled skills - will never catch on in Scottish football !

:agree:

Ozzy was brilliant today.

Seems to play better away from home. (like most of our players TBF)

HibeesLA
14-04-2012, 07:02 PM

Let's hope that the fact we're in a final, chance of silverware, chance of European football will go a long way to convince some of these players that Hibernian is a real choice for the future, and not just a place to get some games in before going back down south. Today certainly did Pat's job no harm for his plans at building a new team in the summer.

Aldo
14-04-2012, 07:21 PM
McPake was outstanding IMHO and was the standout for me. Folk have said this And that but team game.

McPake mom closely followed by Leigh Griffiths who ran his heart out.

BoltonHibee
14-04-2012, 07:22 PM
McPake was superb today. The commited way he powered through to header that ball in the lead up to the second Hibs goal, typifies his recent performances.

A true leader

The Falcon
14-04-2012, 07:29 PM
I would like to think so - he would be one I gave more money than some others :agree:

Its not Coventry that is the problem. They are willing to deal and Hibs are willing to pay.

Aldo
14-04-2012, 07:34 PM
Its not Coventry that is the problem. They are willing to deal and Hibs are willing to pay.

From what I have heard price with Coventry already agreed just the player to agree

Westie1875
14-04-2012, 07:35 PM

So whats the problem then? Get it done Hibs! :greengrin:hibees

The Falcon
14-04-2012, 07:38 PM
So whats the problem then? Get it done Hibs! :greengrin:hibees

Its not difficult to work out.

Godsahibby
14-04-2012, 07:42 PM
Number 1 is James mcpake, number2 is James mcpake, number 3 is James mcpake, number 4 is James mcpake. We all dream of a team of James mcpakes a team of James mcpakes a team of James mcpakes!

Holmesdale Hibs
14-04-2012, 08:25 PM
Agree with all the positive comments re McPake. He's exactly what we need as a defender and captain. We should do everything we can to keep him. Hopefully Coventy have not noticed all his good performances, if they have wages could be a problem.

Same applies to Griffiths, we should keep him as well. He's the only player in the team with real flair and given a bit of nurturing could get even better.

jgl07
14-04-2012, 08:43 PM
Agree with all the positive comments re McPake. He's exactly what we need as a defender and captain. We should do everything we can to keep him. Hopefully Coventy have not noticed all his good performances, if they have wages could be a problem.

Same applies to Griffiths, we should keep him as well. He's the only player in the team with real flair and given a bit of nurturing could get even better.

Coventry are in deep financial trouble and are on the point of relegation to League One. I do not think they will be difficult to deal with It may be up to Hibs to give him the wages as he makes so much difference to the team.

Regarding Griffiths, Wolves look set for relegation to the Championship. I am not aware if they have financial problems. They are likely to lose Stephen Fletcher and could also lose Kevin Doyle if they do go down. They may see Griffths as a viable option in the Championship. He is probably not good enough for the Premiership but might prosper at a lower level in England.

Wolves will almost certainly have a new manager for next season and he might have other ideas?

hibee_girl
14-04-2012, 08:45 PM
Coventry are in deep financial trouble and are on the point of relegation to League One. I do not think they will be difficult to deal with It may be up to Hibs to give him the wages as he makes so much difference to the team.

Regarding Griffiths, Wolves look set for relegation to the Championship. I am not aware if they have financial problems. They are likely to lose Stephen Fletcher and could also lose Kevin Doyle if they do go down. They may see Griffths as a viable option in the Championship. He is probably not good enough for the Premiership but might prosper at a lower level in England.

Wolves will almost certainly have a new manager for next season and he might have other ideas?

Or Wolves might be easy to deal with because they'll be looking to get players off the wage bill.

The Falcon
14-04-2012, 09:02 PM

What if the man himself is not that keen on a move here?

GreenCastle
14-04-2012, 09:07 PM
If he can win us the SC that is good enough for me :agree:

SteveHFC
14-04-2012, 09:32 PM
Great Player

Great Captain

Just Great :not worth:not worth

Sean1875
14-04-2012, 09:46 PM

Might just have been caught up in the moment but today atleast the passion he showed both through the match and after it to me shows that he really enjoys life with us and obviously feels something for the club, just keeping my fingers tightly crossed we can sign him up, hopefully him lifting the scottish cup will be enough to persuade him :greengrin

matty_f
14-04-2012, 10:09 PM
He was outstanding, Fenlon's first priority in the summer has to be to get a deal done with McPake for the next two or three years, and build a team with McPake and Hanlon as the centre half pairing the team is built from.:agree:

p.s. Ozzy was good today. I can't understand the criticism he's getting. I thought he did very well.

Liams
14-04-2012, 10:19 PM
Anyone at the game today also noticed when the bbc/sky interviewed him on the pitch after the game, then when sparky came over next to him for his interview (While sunshine on leith was singing out by us) he turned round for the chorus? What a guy!! super Mcpake!!!!! ILOVE HIM:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa

Holmesdale Hibs
14-04-2012, 10:33 PM

Agree with this re Griffiths. I was hoping Wolves wouldn't get relegated so we'd have more chance of keeping him. Doesn't look likely.

Anyway, this is McPake's thread so I'll reiterate that we should do everything we can to keep him. Coventry being skint sounds good.

OxoHibby
14-04-2012, 10:40 PM
McPake was absolutely immense.
It was his commitment that essentially led to both goals

lyonhibs
15-04-2012, 12:02 AM
There's no doubt in my mind that signing McPake on a decent term contract at the wages he deserves should be the number 1 priority of the board this summer

Mibbes Aye
15-04-2012, 12:05 AM

Would agree whole-heartedly with that post. McPake has been outstanding and I think we get a better sense of how just how good Hanlon can be when he's got somebody half-decent beside him.

On another note though - you'll correct me if I'm wrong here, but didn't you start a thread a wee while ago saying how desperate Hibs were for making McPake captain? :hmmm: :greengrin

Dalianwanda
15-04-2012, 12:51 AM
Thought this was great http://www.itv.com/sport/football/news/mcpake-targets-cup-glory-18013/

basehibby
15-04-2012, 12:59 AM
Said as much last week, and he was an absolute rock again today. I've held high hopes for him even after hearing his first interview. Talk is cheap, I know. But this guy can back it up and then some. He attacks the ball fearlessly, he talks his teammates through the game, he's brung Hanlon on leaps and bounds, he wins free kicks and he's quite quick across the ground aswell. We should do absolutely everything in our power to keep hold of McPake. Give him the freedom of East Mains, buy him a hoose, let him **** Petrie's wife. Just sign the guy up.

:greengrin :top marks Agree McPake is exactly the sort of player we need to be building the team around - he seems to have a real enthusiasm for playing for Hibs and pride in being our captain and Hibs must do everything possible to ensure he sticks around - go on Mrs Petrie - you know it's worth it :cb

jgl07
15-04-2012, 01:10 AM

There is not a lot that can be done in that case.

Certainly McPake gives the impression that he is really enjoying his time with Hibs.

Maybe he would prefer trips to Walsall, Tranmere, and Scunthorpe?

SurferRosa
15-04-2012, 01:22 AM
McPake is magnificent and hopefully every effort will be made to sign him.

He was superb today. Leigh and Ozzy were also outstanding.

GGTTH.

hibsbollah
15-04-2012, 05:27 AM
McPake was getting loads of love on twitter from Hibbys.yesterday, some promising to tweet him everyday until he signs a contract!

Response:

"C use on May 19th! Outstanding once again! This is our year!"

Youve got to love James McPake.

3pm
15-04-2012, 06:42 AM
I just can't see him staying unfortunately.

Speculation will begin and I suspect Celtic and Rangers will be credited with an interest soon enough.

hibsbollah
15-04-2012, 07:04 AM

Speculation will begin and I suspect Celtic and Rangers will be credited with an interest soon enough.

Why would a classy individual like JM go to the huns? Crazy talk.

Slicer
15-04-2012, 07:05 AM
What a header for the second goal! He came into the screen mid-air, ball first, man second!! Must have watched it 20 times last night!! GGTTH

3pm
15-04-2012, 07:10 AM
Why would a classy individual like JM go to the huns? Crazy talk.

Hope you're right.

Stevo1875
15-04-2012, 07:47 AM
Hope you're right.

i agree, cant see the huns affording him. i do think he will be in demand and out of our reach though.

Onion
15-04-2012, 08:02 AM

Let's dream a little here. What if McPake leads the team to the first SC win in 110 years. Do you think the club will let him walk away ? Or would they push the boat out to reward the man with a contract he deserved ?

3pm
15-04-2012, 08:08 AM
Let's dream a little here. What if McPake leads the team to the first SC win in 110 years. Do you think the club will let him walk away ? Or would they push the boat out to reward the man with a contract he deserved ?

What do you think he deserves?

The Falcon
15-04-2012, 08:46 AM

I am not sure that this is the problem.

What can Hibs offer that might persuade him his future is in Edinburgh? Other than the SC Final this season, our first in 11 years, which he certainly appeared to enjoy yesterday, I am not sure much has happened that would sell him on a move to Hibs.

GreenCastle
15-04-2012, 08:52 AM

I think the fans would give him the freedom of the city and probably pay for his contract with season ticket renewals! :greengrin

Onion
15-04-2012, 09:34 AM
What do you think he deserves?

The freedom of Leith, a life sized bronze statue, top wage at Hibs with free housing, pension and medical benefits for him, his family and future generations of McPakes, his name above the West Stand and his mug on the new 60p first class stamp..... for starters at least :greengrin

dp00
15-04-2012, 10:54 AM
I think he will stay, have a look on twitter And he certainly appears to enjoy it up here. He also tweeted his Missus not that long ago and from her tweets she was having a good time up here too...

He has the chance to be club captain of a big club and be a hero or go back to Coventry where he will just be another player...

He will stay

frazeHFC
15-04-2012, 11:13 AM
He is an absolute hero! If he stays he will go on to become a legend imo. If true we have agreed a fee, get the contract negotiations underway. NOW! :thumbsup:

Next week Jaaaammmmmeeeeeessssssss McPakeeeee needs to be sung by every man, woman and dog round Easter Road to show how much he means to us.

givescotlandfreedom
15-04-2012, 11:35 AM
He has been absolutely superb since he came in. Not just his nonense, commanding defending but his determination, drive and passion, which is that of a captain we've not had since Sauzee IMO.
PLEASE sign him Mr Petrie, if you do I'll buy each and every unsold season ticket and hospitality package at full price for every season and not even ask for the early bird offer.*

*May not be true.

dp00
15-04-2012, 12:04 PM
Mcpakes latest tweets

@JamesMcPake: And for the record I got mom but my partner yesterday could and maybe should have had it. Paul was outstanding #Bigfuture

@JamesMcPake: Thanks 4 all the messages yesterday and today. Was an amazing feeling in the end! Fans once again were amazing #GGTTH

Betty Boop
15-04-2012, 12:05 PM
I hope he stays. At last someone for the Ladees ! :love ya!:

HibeeEmma
15-04-2012, 12:06 PM

I back that!

Betty Boop
15-04-2012, 12:09 PM
I back that!

As Keith Lemon would say- McPake is a bang tidy guy ! :greengrin

chorley_fm
15-04-2012, 12:17 PM
Man of the Match by a country mile yesterday

GreenPJ
15-04-2012, 12:20 PM
Mcpakes latest tweets

@JamesMcPake: And for the record I got mom but my partner yesterday could and maybe should have had it. Paul was outstanding #Bigfuture

@JamesMcPake: Thanks 4 all the messages yesterday and today. Was an amazing feeling in the end! Fans once again were amazing #GGTTH

Not only a true captain but also nice to hear a humble footballer for once although think MoM went to the right person. I thought all of the back 4 were excellent and wee Kujabi particularly in the last 20 mins did really well as Ivan was not really giving him the support he needed late in the game.
McPake is top priority but would also like to see if we could keep Doherty as well.

Northernhibee
15-04-2012, 12:27 PM
I think when McPake walks out to a full Hibs end at Hampden next month, it might just help make up his mind.

I think there's no chance of keeping Doherty though. Hopefully we'll get Francomb, I like the lad.

blackpoolhibs
15-04-2012, 12:29 PM

Not only the ladies, if he picks that cup up in May, he can pump me if he wants. :greengrin

cannastar
15-04-2012, 12:34 PM
I would agree that wee kujabi was brilliant in the last twenty mins threw himself into tackles at every opp...just seemed to get caught out earlier in second half on occasions.Mcpake had a stormer apart from one blip when he gave the ball away in dangerous position.Ozzy was brill... looks like a fish out of water sometimes as players around him cant seem to read him or anticipate what he is looking to do,a bit like when john collins was at ER.In fairness i dont think we had a bad player yesterday and to be honest if Stack is fit,then i think injury preventing yesterdays line up may be the starting eleven for the final.

Betty Boop
15-04-2012, 12:48 PM
Not only the ladies, if he picks that cup up in May, he can pump me if he wants. :greengrin

:faf:

Billie Jo
15-04-2012, 01:08 PM

No for me, my manager @ work took a wee shine to him tho :hug:

The Falcon
15-04-2012, 01:16 PM

That might just clinch the deal Blackpool.

GreenPJ
15-04-2012, 01:22 PM
I would agree that wee kujabi was brilliant in the last twenty mins threw himself into tackles at every opp...just seemed to get caught out earlier in second half on occasions.Mcpake had a stormer apart from one blip when he gave the ball away in dangerous position.Ozzy was brill... looks like a fish out of water sometimes as players around him cant seem to read him or anticipate what he is looking to do,a bit like when john collins was at ER.In fairness i dont think we had a bad player yesterday and to be honest if Stack is fit,then i think injury preventing yesterdays line up may be the starting eleven for the final.

I think Stevenson will be back in and I would seriously look at Soares and Sproule. Against a team better than Aberdeen I think we would be punished down the wings.

Betty Boop
15-04-2012, 07:31 PM
No for me, my manager @ work took a wee shine to him tho :hug:

He/she has good taste. :greengrin

The_Todd
15-04-2012, 07:37 PM
McPake is just what we've been missing since Jones left, and is worth a good few points just by himself - we need to build from the back, and preferably from McPake.

Hibby_G
15-04-2012, 07:47 PM
McPake's header was out standing:pfgwa

HibbyAndy
15-04-2012, 07:49 PM
McPake's header was out standing:pfgwa

:agree:

The guy is a born leader!!!

GreenCastle
15-04-2012, 07:58 PM
The freedom of Leith, a life sized bronze statue, top wage at Hibs with free housing, pension and medical benefits for him, his family and future generations of McPakes, his name above the West Stand and his mug on the new 60p first class stamp..... for starters at least :greengrin

:not worth

Greendub
15-04-2012, 08:01 PM
It will probably end up the same as it has done for years, we either bring in or produce an amazing player, they give the whole we love hibs, then the old firm come along with more money and boom, gone.

It's not loads of managers we need, we need players to stay!

MrRobot
16-04-2012, 11:33 AM
Great guy. Honeslty after saturday he is the man. Deffo sign him up.