PDA

View Full Version : Travelling by train

Bob Box Fish
13-04-2012, 07:04 PM
From central station which is the correct destination Kings Park or Mount Florida? Sitting in the east stand.

Cheers

Darth Hibbie
13-04-2012, 07:05 PM
From central station which is the correct destination Kings Park or Mount Florida? Sitting in the east stand.

Cheers

Kings Park :agree:

Bob Box Fish
13-04-2012, 07:09 PM
Kings Park :agree:

Cheers, thought I would check to make sure as its been mount Florida every other time I've been through!

Dinkydoo
13-04-2012, 07:46 PM
Sitting in the north tomorrow, never been to hamden via train. Would Mount Florida be better for us North Stand Hibbies?

Nakedmanoncrack
13-04-2012, 08:30 PM
Sitting in the north tomorrow, never been to hamden via train. Would Mount Florida be better for us North Stand Hibbies?

Mount Florida certainly slightly closer if you are in the North, but its at the Aberdeen end, so would expect Hibs fans to be directed towards the trains to Kings Park

Green Man
13-04-2012, 08:33 PM

I think Mount Florida is slightly closer to the north stand than Kings Park. Trains to MF are more frequent as well and the route is more straightforward - get off the train, go up the steps in front of you (assuming you're facing the same direction as the train) and turn left, follow the road straight and you'll come to the north stand.

Dinkydoo
13-04-2012, 08:56 PM
Thanks to both of you - appreciated.

I'll be heading towards the platform at Glasgow Central for train heading to Mount Florida anyway since I've already checked times and they seem to fit better with my travel arrangements....

If I'm diverted towards Kings Park then so be it, should still have plenty of time.

Thanks again.

GGTTH

wearethehibs
13-04-2012, 09:29 PM
Ill be getting the train to mount florida. Shouldnt be to much difference. I never even knew there was another station near hampden

Squealing pig
13-04-2012, 09:41 PM
Gettin a train to glasgow queen street how could I get to hampden from there never took the train through

BroxburnHibee
13-04-2012, 09:43 PM
Gettin a train to glasgow queen street how could I get to hampden from there never took the train through

:taxi

Green Man
13-04-2012, 09:44 PM
If you're getting a train to Queen Street you'll need to get down to Central for a train out to Hampden. It's about a 15 minute walk, or one stop on the subway - St Enoch subway station is a couple of minutes from Central.

But Broxburn's taxi suggestion is easier :greengrin

Squealing pig
13-04-2012, 09:47 PM
Thanks but is there any buses I don't even no where the subways are?

hibee92
13-04-2012, 09:48 PM

Wondering the same actually. Bump.

Green Man
13-04-2012, 09:55 PM
The First Bus number 75 goes from the city centre to Hampden, I'm not sure where the stop is though. The subway is right next door to Queen Street, take the right hand exit from the station and you'll see the subway in front of you.

If you want to ensure you don't get lost you might be better off in a taxi - years since I used one but Glasgow taxis were always much cheaper than Edinburgh ones in my experience.

Nakedmanoncrack
13-04-2012, 10:04 PM
Glasgow taxis indeed much cheaper than ours.
But if arriving at Queen St getting to Central is a straightforward 5 minute walk, there will be hundreds of others making same journey on foot, I wouldn't worry about it.

DH1875
13-04-2012, 10:55 PM
If you've got your train ticket there's a free bus that runs between both stations. It's a straight forward walk though and only takes 10 mins. Just walk down Queen St till you get to Argylle St, turn right and walk to you come to Central station. I'll be there about 11am if you want to follow me :greengrin. Better yet, follow the other Hibs fans and the sheep :wink:.
If their doing any football specials tomorrow it'll be to Mount Florida so I'm getting the train tickets to there.

Andy74
14-04-2012, 07:22 AM
Not a good start. Livi to Central cancelled. One hour less beer!

Peevemor
14-04-2012, 07:31 AM
Not a good start. Livi to Central cancelled. One hour less beer!

Not really a train/line you should be relying on. :no way:

Andy74
14-04-2012, 07:33 AM
Not really a train/line you should be relying on. :no way:

I know. Would have saved getting into Edinburgh first and it was the express version. Well, should have been.

cabbageandribs1875
14-04-2012, 08:51 AM
I know. Would have saved getting into Edinburgh first and it was the express version. Well, should have been.

quick taxi up to Livi north station, would have got you into Queen st in 35 mins :)