PDA

View Full Version : Mike Riley says "the SPL needs Rangers"

killie-hibby
13-04-2012, 04:52 PM
Two page article in todays Daily Mail has comments from supporters spokesmen from the ten non Rantic clubs regarding Newco Rangers. The spokesmen from Aberdeen,Dundee United, Dunfermline,Hearts,Inverness,Kilmarnock,St.Johnsto ne and St.Mirren dont hold back in their opinions that Rangers are cheats, should be kicked out of the SPL and made to apply for a place in the SFL third division. The Motherwell spokesman indicates that 90% of Motherwell supporters are against the newco being allowed into the SPL. He states that for money reasons we will have to accept the newco into the SPL.
To my shame and embarrassment Mike Riley (chairman of the Hibs Supporters Association) is quoted as saying "What Rangers have done over the years is really poor. They've not played the game and they have given themselves an extra financial advantage when they already had a natural financial advantage over most other SPL clubs. But while there's anger about how they have behaved, I think MOST HIBS FANS would reluctantly agree that the bottom line is that the SPL needs Rangers to prosper. It sticks in the throat a bit but it's true".

I have never met Mr Reilly during my 56 years of supporting Hibs. His views on a newco are the opposite of mine.Has he really gauged the opinion of "most Hibs fans". Has he ever been on Hibs Net where he would discover the majority would not tolerate a newco in the SPL,with a significant number of supporters threatening to sever their ties with Hibs and the SPL. Has anyone ever been asked by him their opinions on a newco.Is anyone aware of any surveys or polls instigated by this spokesman who certainly does not speak for me.

green glory
13-04-2012, 04:55 PM
Who are these ****ers who keep claiming to represent us and do exactly the opposite?

cabbageandribs1875
13-04-2012, 04:56 PM
i backed up this guy the last time a statement from him to a paper was put on here, i'm not backing him up this time

Golden Bear
13-04-2012, 04:59 PM
Right now I couldn't care a monkeys tosser.

We've a big semi final to look forward to tomorrow and everything else football wise is of no significance.

hibee_nation
13-04-2012, 05:01 PM
Two page article in todays Daily Mail has comments from supporters spokesmen from the ten non Rantic clubs regarding Newco Rangers. The spokesmen from Aberdeen,Dundee United, Dunfermline,Hearts,Inverness,Kilmarnock,St.Johnsto ne and St.Mirren dont hold back in their opinions that Rangers are cheats, should be kicked out of the SPL and made to apply for a place in the SFL third division. The Motherwell spokesman indicates that 90% of Motherwell supporters are against the newco being allowed into the SPL. He states that for money reasons we will have to accept the newco into the SPL.
To my shame and embarrassment Mike Riley (chairman of the Hibs Supporters Association) is quoted as saying "What Rangers have done over the years is really poor. They've not played the game and they have given themselves an extra financial advantage when they already had a natural financial advantage over most other SPL clubs. But while there's anger about how they have behaved, I think MOST HIBS FANS would reluctantly agree that the bottom line is that the SPL needs Rangers to prosper. It sticks in the throat a bit but it's true".

I have never met Mr Reilly during my 56 years of supporting Hibs. His views on a newco are the opposite of mine.Has he really gauged the opinion of "most Hibs fans". Has he ever been on Hibs Net where he would discover the majority would not tolerate a newco in the SPL,with a significant number of supporters threatening to sever their ties with Hibs and the SPL. Has anyone ever been asked by him their opinions on a newco.Is anyone aware of any surveys or polls instigated by this spokesman who certainly does not speak for me.

So does a knife, shut the up about telling us how we feel about the huns. :na na:

Thought i better add only joking before someone thinks i'm serious :thumbsup:

Stantons Angel
13-04-2012, 05:05 PM
Right now I couldn't care a monkeys tosser.

We've a big semi final to look forward to tomorrow and everything else football wise is of no significance.

I agree wholeheartedly with the comments made here!

Hibs are far more important than anything going on at the "Cauldron of HATE"!
Come on the HIBEES!!!

WarringtonHibee
13-04-2012, 05:05 PM
Our survey said... EEHHHH EHHHH

blackpoolhibs
13-04-2012, 05:06 PM
He does not speak for me. :rolleyes:

Beefster
13-04-2012, 05:06 PM

I've defended 'fans spokesmen' before but this guy is completely wrong and I'd be astonished if he was even representing the members of his affiliated supporters clubs.

Edit: This is the same guy who dismissed Fenlon on his appointment as the 'cheap option' so he seems to have a habit of talking pish.

JeMeSouviens
13-04-2012, 05:07 PM
Woefully out of touch. :rolleyes:

.Sean.
13-04-2012, 05:09 PM
Mike Riley's a bawbag. Did he come on here and explain himself after his last arsehol statement when he claimed he was speaking on behalf of us?

hibsbollah
13-04-2012, 05:10 PM
What a cock-hole.

soupy
13-04-2012, 05:14 PM
I diny even ken him, so he's definitely no talking on behalf of me, the guys talking Pish........

Saorsa
13-04-2012, 05:19 PM

I have never met Mr Reilly during my 56 years of supporting Hibs. His views on a newco are the opposite of mine.Has he really gauged the opinion of "most Hibs fans". Has he ever been on Hibs Net where he would discover the majority would not tolerate a newco in the SPL,with a significant number of supporters threatening to sever their ties with Hibs and the SPL. Has anyone ever been asked by him their opinions on a newco.Is anyone aware of any surveys or polls instigated by this spokesman who certainly does not speak for me.What a load of *****e, I think he thinks wrong. His comments are the thing that stick in my throat. He disnae have a clue.

Jones28
13-04-2012, 05:23 PM
Who on earth is this guy?!

Not a representation of any Hibs fan I know....

blackpoolhibs
13-04-2012, 05:29 PM
What a load of *****e, I think he thinks wrong. His comments are the thing that stick in my throat. He disnae have a clue.

And yet he's giving interviews as the Hibs fans spokesman, but has not done any poll as far as i know on this?

An erse, who speaks out it too.

Winston Ingram
13-04-2012, 05:35 PM
Mike Riley can GTF:agree:

sesoim
13-04-2012, 05:46 PM
It's fair enough saying the SPL would be better off with Rangers in it, but to say we need a PROSPEROUS Rangers is absolute bull. I want to see a severely weakened Rangers in the SPL next season, so we can all take it in turns giving them a good tanking. They deserve it after arrogantly overspending their way to success over the years.

Cabbage East
13-04-2012, 05:49 PM
This boy is so far off the mark it's unreal. I don't know a single Hibby that wants the newco in the SPL.

blackpoolhibs
13-04-2012, 05:50 PM
I think MOST HIBS FANS would reluctantly agree that the bottom line is that the SPL needs Rangers to prosper.

Why, just why do we need any Rangers side to prosper in the SPL?

adhibs
13-04-2012, 05:53 PM
what an embarasment to the club. hope your proud of yourself mike ya slaverin idiot. the death of rangers would be the happiest day of my life

not that he speaks for the club in anyway but the point stands

soupy
13-04-2012, 05:53 PM
I think MOST HIBS FANS think Mike Reilly is a bawbag.

FACT

Mikey
13-04-2012, 05:55 PM
C'mon folks, no need for the personal stuff. By all means disagree but leave out the name calling.

grunt
13-04-2012, 06:00 PM
I wonder how he claims to know what most Hibs fans think?
Does he post on here?

adhibs
13-04-2012, 06:01 PM
C'mon folks, no need for the personal stuff. By all means disagree but leave out the name calling.

if your willing to put yourself forward as the voice of the club you should be prepared for a bit stick. especialy when what your saying couldnt be any further away than what the general opinion is

Westie1875
13-04-2012, 06:04 PM
He does not speak for me. :rolleyes:

Nor me (or any other Hibs fan I know). I haven't met one Hibby who wants them to be allowed back in.

Pete
13-04-2012, 06:04 PM

His comments are that strange it's understandable. He's saying these things for some reason but its giving a negative impression of the hibs support.

Is he saying these things just to get attention?

hibee_nation
13-04-2012, 06:07 PM

Your second names no Reilly is it. :greengrin

stoneyburn hibs
13-04-2012, 06:07 PM
Does a spokesman not speak on behalf of the fans ? , the huge majority on here dont have that view , sure the bounce wont and any hibby that i know does not have that view , is this guy self appointed ?

Saorsa
13-04-2012, 06:09 PM
Does a spokesman not speak on behalf of the fans ? , the huge majority on here dont have that view , sure the bounce wont and any hibby that i know does not have that view , is this guy self appointed ?self important?

Mikey
13-04-2012, 06:10 PM
Your second names no Reilly is it. :greengrin

We don't do press.

One read of this thread tells you why :greengrin

grunt
13-04-2012, 06:12 PM
We don't do press.
One read of this thread tells you why :greengrinI'm guessing that if you had spoken to the press, you wouldn't have said what he did.
Would anyone on here?

Mikey
13-04-2012, 06:14 PM
I'm guessing that if you had spoken to the press, you wouldn't have said what he did.

Good guess :greengrin

hibsbollah
13-04-2012, 06:15 PM
Does anyone know if Mike Reilly exists? Has anyone met him?

Winston Ingram
13-04-2012, 06:18 PM

I heard he had a season ticket in the Club Deck :whistle:

Hibercelona
13-04-2012, 06:18 PM
Message to you Mike if you actually ever bother to read Hibs forums.

I hope Rangers DIE. We don't need them, we don't want them. As long as they remain, Scottish football will continue to sink deeper into the gutter.

If it was any other club (bar one of the OF), the SFA wouldn't give a toss.

Berwickhibby
13-04-2012, 06:25 PM

The man does exist and he is an ignorant self rightious clown...... you do not speak on my behalf or the members of my branch Mr Reilly ::giruy:

HibbyDave
13-04-2012, 06:26 PM
Time for the press or anyone else to "out him" - who is he?

I don' t know him.
I don't know anyone else who knows him.
I suspect he might be RP:greengrin

I don't know a single fan OF any club (ex huns) who will accept the Newco getting into the SPL with or without the supposed penalties agreed on by the board members of other clubs.
Can anyone say for certain what the stance of Hibernian is towards the acceptance of Newco into the sp hell?

Still......... we have more important fish to fry with the semi tomorrow.
GGTTH

givescotlandfreedom
13-04-2012, 06:26 PM
Pish spouter.

HibbyDave
13-04-2012, 06:28 PM
Pish spouter.

Who?

ScottB
13-04-2012, 06:30 PM
How exactly did this guy come to be in his position?

What efforts did he undertake in order to come to the conclusion that the crap that he's spouting is an opinion of 'most' of us?

Seriously, this is damaging in the extreme, hell what if the Board take this to be our majority opinion?

This guy needs to put a sock in it.

SkintHibby
13-04-2012, 06:32 PM
Until somebody provides a picture or says they know him, I will continue to refuse to believe this clown Mike Reilly actually exists!

If you do exist clown, you do not represent my views, or any other Hibbies I know.:agree:

On a side note, somebody called him a cock-hole. WTF is a cock-hole lol?:faf:

Hibercelona
13-04-2012, 06:32 PM

What efforts did he undertake in order to come to the conclusion that the crap that he's spouting is an opinion of 'most' of us?

Seriously, this is damaging in the extreme, hell what if the Board take this to be our majority opinion?

Its simple really.

In order to crawl your way up the media ladder, you must be an OF apologist. If you say anything negative about them, you'll be knocked back down again.

hibee_nation
13-04-2012, 06:36 PM
Until somebody provides a picture or says they know him, I will continue to refuse to believe this clown Mike Reilly actually exists!

If you do exist clown, you do not represent my views, or any other Hibbies I know.:agree:

Not sure but i think my wife has a few :whistle:

blackpoolhibs
13-04-2012, 06:37 PM

Here he is. 8064

SkintHibby
13-04-2012, 06:38 PM
[/B]

Oh aye, never thought of that lol.:greengrin

ScottB
13-04-2012, 06:44 PM

Well, they do have a hole in them... :cb

SkintHibby
13-04-2012, 06:49 PM
Well, they do have a hole in them... :cb

Mike Reilly is a japs eye? :greengrin

Jonnyboy
13-04-2012, 06:57 PM
Forty eight posts and not one that explains how and why this guy has the position he has. He's part of the official supporters club and will have been elected to his position in that organisation. He will have been approached for comments and I can only assume that he actually knows some Hibs fans who want a prosperous Rangers in the SPL - either that or he's made it all up for reasons only he could explain

invisible man
13-04-2012, 07:08 PM

Me

greenginger
13-04-2012, 07:22 PM

http://hibsclub.co.uk/branches/

There's a Mike Reilly chairman of the Southern Branch . :rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
13-04-2012, 07:24 PM
Forty eight posts and not one that explains how and why this guy has the position he has. He's part of the official supporters club and will have been elected to his position in that organisation. He will have been approached for comments and I can only assume that he actually knows some Hibs fans who want a prosperous Rangers in the SPL - either that or he's made it all up for reasons only he could explain
There should be a vote of no confidence against him brought up as quickly as humanly possible IMO by his members.

bawheid
13-04-2012, 07:26 PM
Guy's clearly a clown. Talks mince every time he opens his mouth.

Eyrie
13-04-2012, 07:28 PM
Note to Mike Reilly (in the unlikely event you are actually checking what we really think)

There's anger about how you have behaved, I think MOST HIBS FANS would reluctantly agree that the bottom line is that Hibs fans need a better spokesman to represent us. It'll stick in your throat a bit but it's true.

scoopyboy
13-04-2012, 07:34 PM

If you go to the Hibs Club on Sunnyside Lane you will meet him.

Scoopyboy understands however you won't meet him at a match.

blackpoolhibs
13-04-2012, 07:36 PM
There should be a vote of no confidence against him brought up as quickly as humanly possible IMO by his members.

Jonnyboy
13-04-2012, 07:38 PM

So, that's two votes of no confidence then G :greengrin

You know there are those who say the supporters club is more a social club than anything else and this kind of thing makes you wonder as MR is clearly out of touch with the fans that follow the club

greenginger
13-04-2012, 07:44 PM

I see Hibs.Net is listed on the membership of the Association of Hibernian Supporters Clubs so maybe Mr Reilly is speaking for us. :confused:

scunnyhibs
13-04-2012, 07:48 PM

I think (and if anyone knows better I'm happy to be corrected!) the supporters club agm was last week and he was voted back in. Dont know how many of the 1500 members were there or how close the vote was tho

CentreLine
13-04-2012, 07:53 PM
http://hibsclub.co.uk/branches/

There's a Mike Reilly chairman of the Southern Branch . :rolleyes:

http://www.southernbranch.co.uk/

Mike O'Reilly appears on the committee page. He clearly has strong views but, like all of us, he will be a committed Hibee. I absolutely support his right to have an opinion and to share it with the press if he wishes. However, I just wish he would not claim to represent anyone but himself or, at the very most, the members in his own branch.

SMAXXA
13-04-2012, 07:54 PM

He does exist and my old man has known him for many a year, I dont agree with is comments and he doesnt represent me or many Hibs fans I know. All I would say is keep to the topic and less of the smart asre jokes about his wife etc. Not needed IMO.

Onion
13-04-2012, 07:56 PM
4 words to say to this... "Not in my name".

snooky
13-04-2012, 07:57 PM
For a moment I thought it was Kano - jeez.
Eurosport "Expert" (where did he get his degree - and, what team does he support?)
The last paragraph takes the biscuit.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/desmond-kane/spl-needs-rangers-old-181033437.html

BroxburnHibee
13-04-2012, 07:58 PM
He does exist and my old man has known him for many a year, I dont agree with is comments and he doesnt represent me or many Hibs fans I know. All I would say is keep to the topic and less of the smart asre jokes about his wife etc. Not needed IMO.

Agreed

It's a valid discussion but can we try to keep the personal insults out of it guys eh?

CentreLine
13-04-2012, 07:59 PM

:agree:
There is no need for this site to degenerate in to personal abuse. The guy may not share the views of the majority but he is a Hibee. Maybe the admin should be looking at some of the childish uncalled for posts on this thread and remove a few

Paisley Hibby
13-04-2012, 08:08 PM

And the source for all this fuss is a quote in the Daily Mail. Is that the same Daily Mail who had to print an apology this week for their Leigh Griffiths story? Maybe Mike Riley did say this (and if he did then he's a choob) but I'd be looking for a more credible source.

Iggy Pope
13-04-2012, 08:12 PM
The Supporters Association has seldom been representative of Hibs Fans in anything other than name. How many Hibs Club branches actually run a bus to games anymore?

The place is rotten with Yams and always has been. Easy enough to affiliate and nothing says you have to be a Hibby. I stopped re-affiliating years ago as the place was becoming not much more than a green version of the British Legion......

I recall a thread on here some time back which focused on the ousting of Frank Dougan (another fans spokesman!) from the Treasurer role at the Association AGM, something which I recall from the thread, Mike Reilly and his cronies orchestrated when he effectively took the Chair he uses now to air these pish awful views.

Reilly would appear to be the latest in a long line of 'Green Blazers' who seldom venture anywhere near Easter Road on matchdays.
He was vocal enough at the last Shareholders AGM right enough, but Petrie effectively advised him to belt up in his own tactful manner, so doubtful if his views are representative of the club either.

Iggy Pope
13-04-2012, 08:15 PM

Can see plenty of ill-advised name-calling, but where has anyone mentioned his wife????

Beefster
13-04-2012, 08:16 PM

Here you go.

http://www.scotsman.com/webimage/1.2214553.1333537386!image/192213299.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_595/192213299.jpg

Iggy Pope
13-04-2012, 08:17 PM

Unlikely that the board will give his view a lot of credibility. Petrie is not a fan.

CentreLine
13-04-2012, 08:19 PM
Here you go.

http://www.scotsman.com/webimage/1.2214553.1333537386!image/192213299.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_595/192213299.jpg

To be fair he does look a bit like one of those hahahahearts fans pictured kicking the hats

WindyMiller
13-04-2012, 08:19 PM

Mike O'Reilly appears on the committee page. He clearly has strong views but, like all of us, he will be a committed Hibee. I absolutely support his right to have an opinion and to share it with the press if he wishes. However, I just wish he would not claim to represent anyone but himself or, at the very most, the members in his own branch.

Of a sort.

linlithgowhibbie
13-04-2012, 08:20 PM
The Supporters Association has seldom been representative of Hibs Fans in anything other than name. How many Hibs Club branches actually run a bus to games anymore?

The place is rotten with Yams and always has been. Easy enough to affiliate and nothing says you have to be a Hibby. I stopped re-affiliating years ago as the place was becoming not much more than a green version of the British Legion......

I recall a thread on here some time back which focused on the ousting of Frank Dougan (another fans spokesman!) from the Treasurer role at the Association AGM, something which I recall from the thread, Mike Reilly and his cronies orchestrated when he effectively took the Chair he uses now to air these pish awful views.

Reilly would appear to be the latest in a long line of 'Green Blazers' who seldom venture anywhere near Easter Road on matchdays.
He was vocal enough at the last Shareholders AGM right enough, but Petrie effectively advised him to belt up in his own tactful manner, so doubtful if his views are representative of the club either.

How many Hibs club branches run buses anymore?

Linlithgow and Bo'ness branch do, We have been members of the Hibs Sup Assoc since 1983 and have run busses since then. You should maybes go into the clubrooms before a match and have a look around. You will see several hundred real Hibbies in there. No need for digs at fellow Hibbies coz we like a drink in good safe surroundings.
But getting back to Mike Reillys statement,,,, he doesn't speak for me or any of our members when he comes out with such rubbish.

Iggy Pope
13-04-2012, 08:27 PM
How many Hibs club branches run buses anymore?

Linlithgow and Bo'ness branch do, We have been members of the Hibs Sup Assoc since 1983 and have run busses since then. You should maybes go into the clubrooms before a match and have a look around. You will see several hundred real Hibbies in there. No need for digs at fellow Hibbies coz we like a drink in good safe surroundings.
But getting back to Mike Reillys statement,,,, he doesn't speak for me or any of our members when he comes out with such rubbish.

I see enough of the Clubrooms now and again to know the score. I wasn't digging out fellow Hibbies, more the numbers in the club that are the exact opposite of Hibbies. I was a member of Hawkhill for three decades. And I know they don't take a bus anymore. How many do is what I asked. Do Stanton? Edinburgh West? Southern? Eastern? St Giles? Central?

Green Cabbage 7
13-04-2012, 08:37 PM
Don't agree with this at all we need a league that will grow and prosper not living in the dark ages were the of control everything. Time to let our league breath if rangers are in so be it but a fairer league, let them work themselves through the divisions though!

leither17
13-04-2012, 08:48 PM
Here you go.

I put that up earlier and it got deleted all I searched was his name and hibs and up that popped

SMAXXA
13-04-2012, 08:50 PM
Can see plenty of ill-advised name-calling, but where has anyone mentioned his wife????

Read the thread !!!!!!!!!!

Quote -

blackpoolhibs
13-04-2012, 08:51 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if he's been got at, no sane Hibs fan would come out with that bollox

leither17
13-04-2012, 08:55 PM

Quote -

Think you should read it mate if anything the poster was talking about his own wife

hibbymac
13-04-2012, 09:03 PM

Quote -

Whoops :doh:

Forthview
13-04-2012, 09:13 PM
I believe that Mr Riley is employed by a well known electrical contractor based in Loanhead, their corporate colours are red white and blue.:wink:

Geo_1875
13-04-2012, 09:18 PM

Maybe some of the posters who claim to never have heard of Mike could join a Hibs supporters branch, then become members of the supporters association at Sunnyside (it's just off Easter Road). If you then spend some years helping in the club you could stand for election to the committee. If you stand for office you might reach the dizzy heights of Chairman of the Hibernian Supporters Association. If you do the hacks in the Scottish media might choose to ask you your opinion on the burning issues of the day.

Alternatively you could hide on the internet and wonder why Chick Young hasn't got your home phone number on speed dial.

I don't agree with Mike's comments on the RFC situation but I can understand why he is asked to comment.

BroxburnHibee
13-04-2012, 09:22 PM
Maybe some of the posters who claim to never have heard of Mike could join a Hibs supporters branch, then become members of the supporters association at Sunnyside (it's just off Easter Road). If you then spend some years helping in the club you could stand for election to the committee. If you stand for office you might reach the dizzy heights of Chairman of the Hibernian Supporters Association. If you do the hacks in the Scottish media might choose to ask you your opinion on the burning issues of the day.

Alternatively you could hide on the internet and wonder why Chick Young hasn't got your home phone number on speed dial.

I don't agree with Mike's comments on the RFC situation but I can understand why he is asked to comment.

Yeah but when he was elected was it made clear he was allowed to be interviewed in that capacity as a spokesman for the membership.

I'm a member and I sure as hell don't agree with his comments and I don't know of any fan that does.

SMAXXA
13-04-2012, 09:33 PM
Think you should read it mate if anything the poster was talking about his own wife

Haha what a tool, too many beers me thinks. Apologies my bad!!!!! I stand well and truley corrected :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
13-04-2012, 09:40 PM

With all that work, does he ever find time to go watch Hibs? During that work, does he ever find time to ask the membership their views on this subject?

Reaching those dizzy heights have given him imo a stage to talk complete drivel, and give false claims that he cant hope to back up with ANY facts.

If i were a member, i'd be looking for an explanation, and were he gets the impression the Hibs support share his views?

hibee_nation
13-04-2012, 10:10 PM
Haha what a tool, too many beers me thinks. Apologies my bad!!!!! I stand well and truley corrected :greengrin

Phew thought that the bassa had pumped her :greengrin

Ozyhibby
13-04-2012, 10:16 PM

Maybe becoming chairman of the glorified bowling club that is sunnyside is not the dream of many hibbys.
Perhaps if the custodians of Hibs.net should start putting forward a spokesman for these occasions. Someone who represents the views of the majority of Hibs fans on this board. Not easy I know, but I'm sure they could get closer than mr Reilly.
I know more than a few hibs fans who have never set foot inside the Hibs club. Personally don't mind it but there is no way it represents all Hibs fans and has nothing like the reach of Hibs.net.

BroxburnHibee
13-04-2012, 10:20 PM
Maybe becoming chairman of the glorified bowling club that is sunnyside is not the dream of many hibbys.
Perhaps if the custodians of Hibs.net should start putting forward a spokesman for these occasions. Someone who represents the views of the majority of Hibs fans on this board. Not easy I know, but I'm sure they could get closer than mr Reilly.
I know more than a few hibs fans who have never set foot inside the Hibs club. Personally don't mind it but there is no way it represents all Hibs fans and has nothing like the reach of Hibs.net.

Does Mikey no already get enough grief on here :tee hee:

Unless blackpool fancies the gig :hilarious

blackpoolhibs
13-04-2012, 10:23 PM
Does Mikey no already get enough grief on here :tee hee:

Unless blackpool fancies the gig :hilarious

:greengrin

lucky
13-04-2012, 10:28 PM
Leave the guy alone. It's his opinion. So what he is not speaking on behalf of all of us. Join the :net branch and oust him. Until then shut it and give the guy a break. He runs a successful club.

hibbymac
13-04-2012, 10:30 PM

Why would the "custodians of Hibs.net" be affiliated to a "glorified bowling club" ??? :confused:

blackpoolhibs
13-04-2012, 10:34 PM
Leave the guy alone. It's his opinion. So what he is not speaking on behalf of all of us. Join the :net branch and oust him. Until then shut it and give the guy a break. He runs a successful club.

Naw, just naw. If he's willing to talk sheite in our name, he can take the flak that comes with it.

07hibee
13-04-2012, 10:34 PM
Has this guy been elected as a spokesman/chairman for all Hibs supporters ,or the ones in the Hibs club?Surely theyre should be some consultation with fans /supporters before this guy gets to put his opinions into the media?

07hibee
13-04-2012, 10:37 PM

It might be his opinion, but it looks like its the opinion of most Hibs fans,

Don Giovanni
13-04-2012, 10:49 PM
Deary me...
...not in my name, Mike.

It's one thing to have personal opinion but quite another to claim that opinion as being representative of most Hibbies, particularly when that claim is a blatant lie
The guy needs to either do his job properly and REPRESENT Hibs supporters faithfully or step down.

Gerard
13-04-2012, 10:57 PM

Hear Hear
I am interested in Hibs and what is best for Hibs. I care not for the 'OF' unless it benefits Hibs:wink:

givescotlandfreedom
13-04-2012, 10:59 PM
Who?

Mike Reilly in this instance, not aimed at you.

gobragh1875
13-04-2012, 11:17 PM
cana say iv seen him at many away games just another mouth piece who likes to hear his own voice
who speaks for the indipendant hibs fans ?

spike220
13-04-2012, 11:25 PM
Does not speak for me

spike220
13-04-2012, 11:28 PM
Does Mike Riley supporters spokesmen represent your views?
yes or no

Geo_1875
13-04-2012, 11:30 PM
With all that work, does he ever find time to go watch Hibs? During that work, does he ever find time to ask the membership their views on this subject?

Reaching those dizzy heights have given him imo a stage to talk complete drivel, and give false claims that he cant hope to back up with ANY facts.

If i were a member, i'd be looking for an explanation, and were he gets the impression the Hibs support share his views?

Why ask me. I'm sure Mike would be happy to answer your questions. Just ask for a word next time your in the club. Or maybe an email to the club will get you a response.

HibeeB
13-04-2012, 11:36 PM
Why ask me. I'm sure Mike would be happy to answer your questions. Just ask for a word next time your in the club. Or maybe an email to the club will get you a response.

If Mike is so open to suggestion why does nobody seem to have his email addy?

07hibee
13-04-2012, 11:44 PM
Ive never been into comitees and all that social club stuff,but this isnt right,were getting misrepresented here,surely its time for a hibs supporters organisation not just a hibs club?

07hibee
13-04-2012, 11:50 PM

exactly,the sherrifs badge is well out of touch if you ask me,which nobody has

Geo_1875
14-04-2012, 12:24 AM
If Mike is so open to suggestion why does nobody seem to have his email addy?

Try info@hibsclub.co.uk

CmoantheHibs
14-04-2012, 03:01 AM
Wow just voted and reckon that the poll results speak for themselves.Maybe someone should mail them to that rag as a true reflection of .nets views.

hibsbollah
14-04-2012, 06:23 AM
Me

Mike Reilly, a poor man's Brian Kerr.

Beefster
14-04-2012, 07:00 AM

It may well be his opinion but he's being asked in his role as 'Hibs Fans Chief'. If he was just plain old Mike Riley, an electrician who apparently isn't the most committed Hibee in the world, he wouldn't be being asked.

Iggy Pope
14-04-2012, 07:03 AM

Quote -

I'm off to the game now but unless that poster is Mike Reilly, it ain't a reference to his missus!

You maybe need to read the thread .....(!!!!!)

Malthibby
14-04-2012, 07:17 AM
He should be acknowledging that it's his persoal opinion, he does not speak for the majority of Hibs fans & the Dr are just using him.
Very disappointing.

hibbymac
14-04-2012, 07:21 AM
I'm off to the game now but unless that poster is Mike Reilly, it ain't a reference to his missus!

You maybe need to read the thread .....(!!!!!)

Why have a go at the guy after he has already apologised ???

Andy74
14-04-2012, 07:27 AM
Anyone who wants one of these blazer positions shouldn't get one. Speak for yourself Riley or ask whoever you think you represent. You've been wrong about everything I've ever heard you say.

alexedwards
14-04-2012, 07:33 AM
For a moment I thought it was Kano - jeez.
Eurosport "Expert" (where did he get his degree - and, what team does he support?)
The last paragraph takes the biscuit.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/desmond-kane/spl-needs-rangers-old-181033437.html

The SPL would survive no bother without Rangers, or Celtic for that matter but the lack of courage from Scottish football's
poor quality decision-makers will ensure that the game in this country suffers for many years by bending over for the OF.
Competitive league; sporting integrity - that'll be somewhere else then. :applause:

lapsedhibee
14-04-2012, 08:15 AM
Perhaps the custodians of Hibs.net should start putting forward a spokesman for these occasions.

I think the poster formerly known as Macar had a lot of experience with the media, but he was hounded out of hibs.net for being not hibs.net class. Wiss, Kerr, Chisholm, Nish, Rankin, Macar - where will it all end? :dunno:

hibsbollah
14-04-2012, 08:31 AM
Anyone who wants one of these blazer positions shouldn't get one. Speak for yourself Riley or ask whoever you think you represent. You've been wrong about everything I've ever heard you say.

I know what you're saying, but the implication of that would be a representative forced to do the job against their will.

My vote for offishal .net 'speaks for all of us' goes to Dashing Bob

Cropley10
14-04-2012, 09:18 AM

So he doesn't actually watch Hibs play football at Easter Road. And yet he speaks for most of us? :confused:

Hibs7
14-04-2012, 10:11 AM
Should send a link to this thread to the paper.

Betty Boop
14-04-2012, 10:13 AM
LMAO at all the keyboard hardmen on this thread ! :faf:
Mike Reilly has been to more Hibs matches than you have had hot dinners, so stick that in your pipe and smoke it ! :blah:

hibsbollah
14-04-2012, 10:17 AM
Mike Reilly has been to more Hibs matches than you have had hot dinners, so stick that in your pipe and smoke it ! :blah:

That's very unlikely Betty. I've had approximately 41x365 hot dinners, which =14,965 hot dinners. It is mathematically impossible for Mike Reilly to have been to this many Hibs games.

spike220
14-04-2012, 11:09 AM

I think when mike speaks for less than 3% of hibbees then I will listen.

jgl07
14-04-2012, 04:47 PM
But Berwick Rangers aren't in the SPL.