PDA

View Full Version : SF Nerves Kicking In

Reaper
13-04-2012, 03:01 PM
Getting nervous? I've started to do the pacing, unsettled marches around the house (And pissed the missus off in the process :flag:)

Dashing Bob S
13-04-2012, 03:01 PM
I have to say, even my normal ice-cool nerves under pressure are a tad jangly at the moment.

Have been putting myself on extra high doses of sex and alcohol to try and stave off the hibbie heebie geebies.

Anybody else have coping strategies?

Anyway, must head to the dressing room to plan the Hampden attire. That should help calm me.

hibsforeurope
13-04-2012, 03:04 PM
Getting nervous? I've started to do the pacing, unsettled marches around the house (And pissed the missus off in the process :flag:)

Just you I guess :greengrin

Reaper
13-04-2012, 03:04 PM
That's spooky, we both started a thread on the same topic at exactly the same time. This is definitely our year. C'mon the Hibs. (Oh aye and yes I'm bricking it now)

Reaper
13-04-2012, 03:08 PM
Just you I guess :greengrin

Well I ken you'll no be nervous. Nowt about the Melrose 7's tae get nervous about. Dinnae come greetin tae me when you cannae get a tic fir the final lol :pfgwa

Pete
13-04-2012, 03:12 PM
I also started feeling nervous at one minute past four.

HibbyAndy
13-04-2012, 03:14 PM
Tell ye what, Am no a mullion miles away fae sparking open the first can of beer, A dvd or 2 from games in the past tae get me aw excited, Cat getting kicked clean oot the windae and the burd is as radge as me aboot hibs.

:flag::flag::flag:

hibsforeurope
13-04-2012, 03:22 PM
Well I ken you'll no be nervous. Nowt about the Melrose 7's tae get nervous about. Dinnae come greetin tae me when you cannae get a tic fir the final lol :pfgwa

Mind keep your ticket stub.

lyonhibs
Nerves and undiluted excitement here. Living far away makes one miss the buzz even more. Can't wait.

Dashing Bob S
That's spooky, we both started a thread on the same topic at exactly the same time. This is definitely our year. C'mon the Hibs. (Oh aye and yes I'm bricking it now)

Just thrown a few thing together in a suitcase. Heading through to La Weedge right now, spending the evening at the Malmaison Hotel. Doubtless one's nerves will be further stretched by lack of decent pottering services at Glasgow Queens Street station.

EskbankHibby
13-04-2012, 03:24 PM
I have to say, even my normal ice-cool nerves under pressure are a tad jangly at the moment.

Have been putting myself on extra high doses of sex and alcohol to try and stave off the hibbie heebie geebies.

Anybody else have coping strategies?

Anyway, must head to the dressing room to plan the Hampden attire. That should help calm me.

I hope you are planning a new thread regarding your hampden attire when the time comes Robert? Not leaving the house without the appropriate sartorial advice.

marinello59
13-04-2012, 03:32 PM
I hope you are planning a new thread regarding your hampden attire when the time comes Robert? Not leaving the house without the appropriate sartorial advice.

When in Rome do as the Romans. I haven't washed for a week and will be wearing a shell suit.

DaveF
13-04-2012, 03:34 PM
When in Rome do as the Romans. I haven't washed for a week and will be wearing a shell suit.

:faf:

DaveF
13-04-2012, 03:38 PM
Not nervous, but wouldn't mind 8.30am on saturday to hurry up :greengrin

hailhail22
13-04-2012, 03:40 PM
My nerves are under control its the excitement of tomorrow whats getting me.

JE89
13-04-2012, 03:43 PM
On the way to Glasgow now. Wasn't going to go due to uni work but couldn't stay away. Living in aberdeen is going make the victory all the more exciting. Come on you Hibees!

John_the_angus_hibby
13-04-2012, 03:45 PM
On the train up from Darlington. Excited and nervous. Home tonight, pick up laddie (and two sheep!! Don't ask) tomorrow early doors and drive through!!!!

I feel anxiously confident...

Sent from another universe!

Makaveli
13-04-2012, 03:50 PM
I'm cooler than Kujabi at the moment, it's always first thing on a big game morning that gets me.

Baker9
13-04-2012, 03:56 PM
Just dug out one of my gym kits from the drawer and found a plastic emerald green clothes peg tangled up in the shorts. I see this as a sign and I will carry it with me tomorrow. If we get into the final and play Hearts I'll order 30,000.

lyonhibs
13-04-2012, 04:00 PM
On the way to Glasgow now. Wasn't going to go due to uni work but couldn't stay away. Living in aberdeen is going make the victory all the more exciting. Come on you Hibees!
'due to Uni'!? Gies peace! I went to a mid-week night game the day before a final exam. Hibs > Educatshun. Always. :-P

lyonhibs
13-04-2012, 04:07 PM
Tell ye what, Am no a mullion miles away fae sparking open the first can of beer, A dvd or 2 from games in the past tae get me aw excited, Cat getting kicked clean oot the windae and the burd is as radge as me aboot hibs.

:flag::flag::flag:

Part timer. My 1st sip of SF wkend nectar was at 1.20 this afternoon @ Kings X.

LTYF
Phone won't let me add smileys. Honest....

Pretty Boy
13-04-2012, 04:08 PM
I'm on my 5th pint in Glasgow.

I feel no bad.

O'Rourke3
13-04-2012, 04:08 PM
It's like Christmas - cannot wait - beer to aid sleep.

HibbyAndy
13-04-2012, 04:10 PM
Part timer. My 1st sip of SF wkend nectar was at 1.20 this afternoon @ Kings X.

LTYF
Phone won't let me add smileys. Honest....

Chicken curry chips and soft noodles will be washed doon with Fosters in the nixt 20 minutes:cb

Gotta love SF weekend:yw:

SteveHFC
13-04-2012, 04:16 PM
Chicken curry chips and soft noodles will be washed doon with Fosters in the nixt 20 minutes:cb

Gotta love SF weekend:yw:

Is your bird going tomorrow :greengrin

Sean1875
13-04-2012, 04:16 PM
Nerves have definitely kicked in. Its gonna be a long night...

...WentToMowAnSPL
13-04-2012, 04:17 PM
Sitting at Aberdeen railway station, thinking how many folk know I'm a hibby at work .... Hmmmm :-)

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?cl5dvr

marinello59
13-04-2012, 04:47 PM
Hibs flag flying from an upstairs window and Hibs tunes blasting out from the stereo. Mrs M59 thwarted my plan to burn an effigy of a sheep in my next door neighbours garden. (She did mutter something about still having to live in Aberdeen after this weekend. Killjoy. )

Northernhibee
13-04-2012, 04:49 PM
Already booked the day off work for after the final.

Cool as a cucumber.

SquashedFrogg
13-04-2012, 05:07 PM
'due to Uni'!? Gies peace! I went to a mid-week night game the day before a final exam. Hibs > Educatshun. Always. :-P

Hibs = Education :cb

Pretty Boy
13-04-2012, 05:08 PM
I'm currently on my 6th pint in a Glasgow hotel bar. Going to head out for a bite to eat then head to the Pot Still for a few malts. Nerves are definitely in the post though.

It's been ages since I really properly looked forward to a Hibs game.

Hibbylad86
13-04-2012, 05:10 PM
Major nerves kicking in now!! I just got the playlist sorted and currently blasting Hibs Heroes out in the house. WHAT A TUNE!!!!

Mon the hibs! GGTTH

Jones28
13-04-2012, 05:13 PM

Me neither, I am at a loss as to what to wear to games until DBS comes along :agree:

Long time since I've had pre-match heebie-jeebies. MON THE HIBS

Spike Mandela
13-04-2012, 05:30 PM
When IS this semi that you speak of?:confused::wink:

Craig_in_Prague
13-04-2012, 05:37 PM
Scooped a few and feeling dandy. Looking forward to the game a lot... Kinda feel like we`ve nothing to lose.

lyonhibs
13-04-2012, 05:38 PM
for all of us, tomorrow @ 12.15. For the fortunate few, well b4 then....

N.Wales Hibby
13-04-2012, 05:39 PM
Sitting here reading the posts and feeling nervous and excited. Going to have a few drinks to steady me, then going to bed early..When I get up in the morning the first thing I will see is my Hibs top signed by Pat Stanton and Lawrie Reilly. I will try and eat some breakfast and read the papers online and check out Hibs net to hear the latest. Phone my laddie who will be in a worse state than me then get myself ready to watch the game on TV. When I see you lot at the game with the flags and banners waving and the team running out onto the pitch I will feel emotional and proud to be a Hibby... Enjoy your day my fellow Hibby's . I wish I could be there with you.

HibeeSince85
13-04-2012, 05:41 PM
Currently en route to Chalmers Debtal Hospital to lose a molar or two, I have bigger nerves on my mind at the moment, works a treat for curing the semi final nerves though.

Hainan Hibs
13-04-2012, 05:46 PM
Stuck in Aberdeen after Dad decided that a golfing competition was more important than going to the semi-final and told me last minute when I thought he was buying the bloody tickets:grr:

**** you if you're reading:agree:.

Still tempted to book an early train ticket tomorrow and purchase a ticket at Hampden on my own, hate the thought of missing a match at Hampden. Also I'd have more of a chance of obtaining a ticket for the final and giving a **** you to the old man who willnae get one.

Right now I'm a weird mix of nerves and anger:worried::grr::greengrin

Aldo
13-04-2012, 05:49 PM
I've been really nervous for the last few days. Not going to make the game but will be watching in boozer.

Mon Hibs go and do the business.

GG

Craig_in_Prague
13-04-2012, 05:53 PM
Get to hampden and buy a ticket in the morning!
I'd love to be there the morn!

Stuck in Aberdeen after Dad decided that a golfing competition was more important than going to the semi-final and told me last minute when I thought he was buying the bloody tickets:grr:

Still tempted to book an early train ticket tomorrow and purchase a ticket at Hampden on my own, hate the thought of missing a match at Hampden. Also I'd have more of a chance of obtaining a ticket for the final and giving a **** you to the old man who willnae get one.

marinello59
13-04-2012, 05:54 PM

You have a PM. :greengrin

lyonhibs
13-04-2012, 06:05 PM

Are you seriously debating 'Hibs vs Golf'??
Oh ye Gods.

Hainan Hibs
13-04-2012, 07:15 PM
Get to hampden and buy a ticket in the morning!
I'd love to be there the morn!

You have a PM. :greengrin

Are you seriously debating 'Hibs vs Golf'??
Oh ye Gods.

Don't worry ladies Marinello59 has sorted me out with bus and game tickets, I'm rolling on down to Hampden:partyhibb:flag:

Cheers again :thumbsup:

Green Man
13-04-2012, 07:34 PM
Don't worry ladies Marinello59 has sorted me out with bus and game tickets, I'm rolling on down to Hampden:partyhibb:flag:

Great stuff :thumbsup: well played M59, this weekend is all about Hibees coming together and that's a fine example :agree:

Reaper
13-04-2012, 08:03 PM

Well done mate, 10/10 to M59! GGTTH! oh by the way M59, bring the sheep wi ye the morn we can burn it ootside Hampden :greengrin

London Hibs FC
13-04-2012, 08:04 PM
Sitting here reading the posts and feeling nervous and excited. Going to have a few drinks to steady me, then going to bed early..When I get up in the morning the first thing I will see is my Hibs top signed by Pat Stanton and Lawrie Reilly. I will try and eat some breakfast and read the papers online and check out Hibs net to hear the latest. Phone my laddie who will be in a worse state than me then get myself ready to watch the game on TV. When I see you lot at the game with the flags and banners waving and the team running out onto the pitch I will feel emotional and proud to be a Hibby... Enjoy your day my fellow Hibby's . I wish I could be there with you.

I'm in bits already Pop! Skype you in the morning!

GGTTH!