PDA

View Full Version : Who plays for Lewis?

JimBHibees
13-04-2012, 09:55 AM
Personally would be surprised if Claros starts tomorrow as I think the management will be wary about his mobility especially if they are likely to start Soares in midfield also. Given he got a start in the Inverness game I wouldnt be altogether surprised if Richie Towell is given the role as the defensive sitting midfielder. A little surprised he wasnt involved v Well but not sure whether there was a bit of kidology in that.

Any views?

andrew70
13-04-2012, 10:05 AM
Got to be Claros for me but I think Pat will opt for Spoony

Andy74
13-04-2012, 10:11 AM
Got to be Claros for me but I think Pat will opt for Spoony

Hope it's not Wotherspoon. He just doesn't have the physical or mental presence to play in these games.

I'd have Claros in there no problem, i think he's been a bit unlucky to be out the team anyway. We don't have another passer of the ball like him.

Heedersnvolleys
13-04-2012, 10:13 AM
I would like to see Soares have a shot in centre mid with Francomb taking his place on the right. (suspect PF would pick Wotherspoon though)

However I would not try it for the first time in a Semi(never try anything new with a semi :wink:) also I do not advocate making several changes when one will do! So Claros in a straight swap, would have liked him to have more game time recently though.
I am sure Pat knows what he is doing so will be happy with what ever he decides!
:flag::hibees:pfgwa

Judas Iscariot
13-04-2012, 10:21 AM
Claros please, with this team..

Stack

Doherty McPake(c) Hanlon Kujabi

Sproule Osbourne Claros Soares

O'Connor Griffiths

andy1875
13-04-2012, 10:25 AM

Stack

O'Connor Griffiths

This is the team for me as well.......

GGTTH

Craig_in_Prague
13-04-2012, 10:48 AM
Fenlon said in an interview he'll need to bring in someone similar to Lewis, in terms of effort/committment/tackling... So he has me puzzled there, we don't have anyone else!

I'd plump for Claros to play, simply coz he is calm on the ball and in a big game it could be important. His passing appears decent and I think he adds something... where as Towell / Wotherspoon for me don't really offer anything.

JimBHibees
13-04-2012, 10:52 AM
Fenlon said in an interview he'll need to bring in someone similar to Lewis, in terms of effort/committment/tackling... So he has me puzzled there, we don't have anyone else!

I'd plump for Claros to play, simply coz he is calm on the ball and in a big game it could be important. His passing appears decent and I think he adds something... where as Towell / Wotherspoon for me don't really offer anything.

That was the comment that made me think of possibly Towell as a defensive midfielder though agree with your other comments about what players can offer or not.

truehibernian
13-04-2012, 10:52 AM
Francomb for me.

calumhibee1
13-04-2012, 11:00 AM
Claros, somebody who can actually pass a ball can cause real damage on a pitch like Hampden.

pentlando
13-04-2012, 11:03 AM
Personally would be surprised if Claros starts tomorrow as I think the management will be wary about his mobility especially if they are likely to start Soares in midfield also. Given he got a start in the Inverness game I wouldnt be altogether surprised if Richie Towell is given the role as the defensive sitting midfielder. A little surprised he wasnt involved v Well but not sure whether there was a bit of kidology in that.

Any views?

My view of Claros is he's clearly a very decent player, but think he's been struggling to communicate with other players. Hopefully he's been picking up some phrases like man on etc. His position is also the one that Stevenson's been filling. It wasn't working with two holding centre mids, and Stevenson's been playing much better. I think Claros will play tomorrow, and we'll see a much better player in there with Osbourne who will push further forward and let Claros do the holding by himself. His range of passing will be deadly at Hampden too, especially if Griffiths and Sproule can get in behind the Dons back 4.

JimBHibees
13-04-2012, 11:05 AM
My view of Claros is he's clearly a very decent player, but think he's been struggling to communicate with other players. Hopefully he's been picking up some phrases like man on etc. His position is also the one that Stevenson's been filling. It wasn't working with two holding centre mids, and Stevenson's been playing much better. I think Claros will play tomorrow, and we'll see a much better player in there with Osbourne who will push further forward and let Claros do the holding by himself. His range of passing will be deadly at Hampden too, especially if Griffiths and Sproule can get in behind the Dons back 4.

I agree he is a decent player however personally think he has been struggling a bit getting about the pitch looks a little one-paced however his passing should be a very good asset tomorrow if picked.

truehibernian
13-04-2012, 11:10 AM
Hampden is indeed a nice, wide pitch. But for me we also need good set pieces in and around the box. Francombe is a tidy player, can defend, and when I saw him play in midfield at Dunfy he looked composed and combative. His set piece deliveries at Ayr were superb time and again.

If you have McPake, Hanlon,GOC, Soares and Doherty to aim at then it could be vital.

So it's Georgie for me.

hibsbollah
13-04-2012, 11:18 AM

Stack

O'Connor Griffiths

Francombe instead of Ivan, who despite his good game ladt week should be an impact sub on the big wide pitch.

silverhibee
13-04-2012, 11:26 AM
Ian Murray. :cb

Craig_in_Prague
13-04-2012, 11:28 AM
Francombe instead of Ivan, who despite his good game ladt week should be an impact sub on the big wide pitch.

whether you like it or not, Sproule is a nap to start. In fact given his good performance last week, it would be hard to argue that he shouldn't be one of the 1st on the team sheet.

Only change I foresee from last week, is either Claros or Francombe coming in for Lewis.

GreenCastle
13-04-2012, 11:35 AM
Last time we played at Hampden Stevenson was Man of the Match - think he will be missed tomorrow :agree:

Brebners Bookie
13-04-2012, 11:40 AM
Claros in for Lewis and for me i would like Francomb in for Doherty, the guy is a really good defender but i don't think he is a right back. Has a tendency to drift very central when defending, making it hard to get out and stop crosses.

Plus the bonus of Francomb's great set peice delivery.

Hibee87
13-04-2012, 11:44 AM

What is the pitch size at hampden compared to easer road? Im on the assumption that since we built our new stand the pitch size was increased and thus, making it as big if not bigger than hampden so this 'wide hampden pitch' isint actually any different to easter road. I could be wrong though.

team same as last week with claros in for stevenson, its the only team I can think. I agree sproule normally is an impact player but dont see it after last weeks game.

..................stack.................

doherty....mcpake...hanlon...kujabi

soares.....ozzy....claros.......sproule

..........gaz....griffiths..................

I have long since said I would liek to see a right back of doherty and right wing of francombe/vice versa. however this has never happened yet and dont see fenlon starting it tomorrow

any way GGTTH :flag:

Scooter
13-04-2012, 11:49 AM
Francomb for me.

Yip

Stack

Dotherty
Mcpake
Hanlon
Ku jab

Francomb
Ozzy
Soares
Ivan

O'connor
Griffiths

West Upper
13-04-2012, 11:53 AM
Yip

Stack

Dotherty
Mcpake
Hanlon
Ku jab

Francomb
Ozzy
Soares
Ivan

O'connor
Griffiths

That would be the team i would play !

:pfgwa:flag:

allezsauzee
13-04-2012, 11:58 AM
What is the pitch size at hampden compared to easer road? Im on the assumption that since we built our new stand the pitch size was increased and thus, making it as big if not bigger than hampden so this 'wide hampden pitch' isint actually any different to easter road. I could be wrong though.

team same as last week with claros in for stevenson, its the only team I can think. I agree sproule normally is an impact player but dont see it after last weeks game.

I have long since said I would liek to see a right back of doherty and right wing of francombe/vice versa. however this has never happened yet and dont see fenlon starting it tomorrow

This is the team I'd go for. I think Claros will be able to use the big pitch. Hopefully finding Ivan with a few early passes. McArdle will probably play right back and I think Sproule could get a bit of joy against him.

Hibee87
13-04-2012, 12:15 PM

Answered my own question

hampden - 115 x 75

Easter Road - 112 x 74

so hampden is half a yard wider then E.R either side 3 yards longer. Not sure who play left and right back for aberdeen but I would pit sproule up against the slowest and have him and soares swap sides a couple of times if were getting no joy from it. Also would like to see ozzy sitting on half way line and up more than sitting back and have leigh driffting to the left and right confuse the ***** out of the dons each time we attack :wink:

Hibby Bairn
13-04-2012, 12:17 PM
The myth of the big pitch at Hampden..

Hampden 115 x 75
Easter Road 112 x 74

So half a yard wider each side!

Ibrox BTW is 115 x 78.

allezsauzee
13-04-2012, 12:18 PM
Mark Reynolds will probably play left back if Russell Anderson makes it. I thought he was pretty good against us at ER.

RIP
13-04-2012, 12:43 PM
Iain Murray is definitely making an appearance tomorrow

Judas Iscariot
13-04-2012, 01:05 PM
Last time we played at Hampden Stevenson was Man of the Match - think he will be missed tomorrow :agree:

I'm sure Sol Bamba was MOTM last time we played at Hampden :confused:

inglisavhibs
13-04-2012, 03:30 PM
The myth of the big pitch at Hampden..

Hampden 115 x 75
Easter Road 112 x 74

So half a yard wider each side!

Ibrox BTW is 115 x 78.

Not certain but i think that's the old Easter Road dimensions, think it's wider now.

Jim44
13-04-2012, 03:35 PM
What was wrong with Claros last week? Dropped or injured?

macca70
13-04-2012, 03:54 PM
Iain Murray is definitely making an appearance tomorrow

:agree:

Spike Mandela
13-04-2012, 04:01 PM

He was Ian McCall's MOM. Most Hibby's would probably have chosen somebody else imo but there were no failures on the day.

truehibernian
13-04-2012, 04:35 PM
Another possible advantage tomorrow which I hope PF picks up on - Arnesan, Considine, Reynolds and their other centre half Mwuene ?? are all a yellow card away from missing the cup final. With 3 of them starters, early pressure on Reynolds and Considine may kill their confidence and have it playing on their mind.

Only DW is sitting on a yellow for us.

Wotherspiniesta
13-04-2012, 05:37 PM
Ian Murray. :cb

God help us.

hibee_nation
13-04-2012, 06:34 PM
God help us.

Who would you prefer in midfield :shhhsh!:

Spike Mandela
13-04-2012, 06:37 PM

God, obviously.:greengrin

Wotherspiniesta
13-04-2012, 06:42 PM

Someone with a bit more mobility and passing ability would do.

He'd be mental to start Murray.

Eyrie
13-04-2012, 07:13 PM
God, obviously.:greengrin
He's 67 now, and Hampden is a big pitch.

Judas Iscariot
13-04-2012, 07:29 PM
Someone with a bit more mobility and passing ability would do.

He'd be mental to start Murray.

So that'll rule DW out then :cool2:

scoopyboy
13-04-2012, 07:45 PM

Only if you ignore the last two games we played at Hampden that season or the League Cup match sgainst Queens Park.

Wotherspiniesta
13-04-2012, 07:55 PM
So that'll rule DW out then :cool2:

Haw Haw.