PDA

View Full Version : Petrie must go

Ozyhibby
12-04-2012, 10:18 PM
I've normally stood up for Petrie up until now but with reports from other Hibs.netters that he is ready to back the re-entry of a rangers newco into the spl, against the wishes of the vast majority of the Hibs support I think it really is time that we mounted a sustained campaign to force him out the club.

Brebners Bookie
12-04-2012, 10:23 PM
I've normally stood up for Petrie up until now but with reports from other Hibs.netters that he is ready to back the re-entry of a rangers newco into the spl, against the wishes of the vast majority of the Hibs support I think it really is time that we mounted a sustained campaign to force him out the club.

Is he though? Only thing i've heard from him directly was on that TV debate where he kept going on about sporting fairplay and integrity.

zlatan
12-04-2012, 10:24 PM
Given his comments on that pointless debate on TV a few weeks ago I'd be very surprised, and disappointed, if Rodders was game for letting the huns straight back in.

BroxburnHibee
12-04-2012, 10:24 PM

I'm all for everyone having an opinion but do you really think we need to have this discussion on here the day before our most important game in ages. :confused:

Twa Cairpets
12-04-2012, 10:26 PM

I'd wait until he's done something concrte before demanding his head. Seems to me to have been pretty "anti" Hun so far.

marinello59
12-04-2012, 10:30 PM

I must have missed those posts. (Probably hidden amongst the ones where you are slaughtering something else about the club....manager, players, fans who go to games regardless etc.) Perhaps we should wait and see what the clubs position actually is before deciding somebody should be hung for it.

offshorehibby
12-04-2012, 10:30 PM

And where are you getting this nonsense from.

Kato
12-04-2012, 10:34 PM
reports from other Hibs.netters that he is ready to back the re-entry of a rangers newco into the spl,

Have you ever heard the phrase 'jumping the gun"?

I think it really is time that we mounted a sustained campaign to force him out the club.

Where will you find the time when you're so busy mounting a campaign to show everyone what a **** you can be?

Semi-final on Saturday, mate. Any chance of a bit solidarity?

Viva_Palmeiras
12-04-2012, 10:34 PM
Thought this was going to be a wind up from the thread title.

Mccann and Petrie I bet theyd have a good laugh over the biscuit tins;) history will judge.

Wotherspiniesta
12-04-2012, 10:43 PM
Ozyhibby is nothing but a troll. Wanting Fenlon launched about a month into the job, now wanting Petrie fired over somethings he's not even done.

Wouldn't even bother responding to this utter nonsense.

fat freddy
12-04-2012, 10:49 PM
i thought this thread was a plea for rod to attend the match on saturday...

Ozyhibby
12-04-2012, 10:59 PM
I've not been proved wrong about Fenlon yet, although hopefully I will be over the next few weeks starting on saturday.
I hope I'm wrong about Petrie but I'm not that hopeful. The problem with waiting on this is that 2 weeks on Monday a vote will be taken that will tarnish the reputation of the Scottish game forever. So hardly jumping the gun. Posters on the Rangers in admin thread are indicating that replies from Petrie to their queries on this issue have been very non committal and along the lines of ignore what's happening with the Huns and back Hibs. To me that sounds like someone who is going to vote in a way that will be unpopular.
The problem with waiting till he has done it, is that it will be too late by then. Newhun FC will be back in the league, debt free and ready to start cleaning up winning trophies again.
Perhaps Petrie could put trolls (not sure what that is) like me at ease and let the Hibs fans know what the clubs position is on such an important matter.
As for big game on sat, I agree that it is and I will be there supporting the team like everyone else but time really is a factor in all this.

SkintHibby
12-04-2012, 11:19 PM
Im perfectly content with a Newco Rangers gaining direct entry to the SPL.

As longs Rangers liquidate and lose all their titles/cups I'll be happy with what follow follows because its nothing less than they cheating barstewards deserve.:agree:

spike220
12-04-2012, 11:29 PM

:troll:

Get lost Jambo

Vini1875
12-04-2012, 11:33 PM
I am really hoping that Hibs vote against the newco hun regime. I hope also that the new huns then boycott games at ER. Hibs ofen do their business quietly so I doubt that anyone actually knows which way Hibs will vote. Rather than call for heads to roll Hibs supporters ought to be telling the board how they feel. A short email to the board makes sense, it also makes sense that a diplomatic reply is sent from the board as this seems to be the way of the world. That said I feel it is important after this vote that all clubs who vote against the huns getting into the SPL in the advent that they are liquidated should let their own supporters know that they at least stood up for the fans. I will personally be ashamed if Hibs vote to allow the huns back in.

Kato
12-04-2012, 11:36 PM
I've not been proved wrong about Fenlon yet, although hopefully I will be over the next few weeks starting on saturday.
I hope I'm wrong about Petrie but I'm not that hopeful. The problem with waiting on this is that 2 weeks on Monday a vote will be taken that will tarnish the reputation of the Scottish game forever. So hardly jumping the gun. Posters on the Rangers in admin thread are indicating that replies from Petrie to their queries on this issue have been very non committal and along the lines of ignore what's happening with the Huns and back Hibs. To me that sounds like someone who is going to vote in a way that will be unpopular.
The problem with waiting till he has done it, is that it will be too late by then. Newhun FC will be back in the league, debt free and ready to start cleaning up winning trophies again.
Perhaps Petrie could put trolls (not sure what that is) like me at ease and let the Hibs fans know what the clubs position is on such an important matter.
As for big game on sat, I agree that it is and I will be there supporting the team like everyone else but time really is a factor in all this.

YakityYakity-Yak.

PaulSmith
13-04-2012, 06:04 AM
Fenlon must go, Petrie must go, get BB tae F, Griffiths should be thrown to the Wolves, O'Connor's goin tae Saughton jail, Doherty can F off back to Wolves tae, Francomb wood rather be in Ayia Napa wi his Cockney mates, Stack's murder, the 12th man are worse than a man short, the SPL can F right off, referees!, the OF should piss off tae the Atlantic, ram yer u20 league, stick yer season tickets up yer bum, burn East Mains, rip up the seats at ER....let's go mental and have a paasaaarrrrrrty at Hampden tomorrow instead?!

The Falcon
13-04-2012, 06:08 AM
This appears to be a number of peoples standard posts. Kick ***** out of the club/personnel whilst claiming to hope/be delighted to be "proved wrong". Double whammy. Told you so/look at me if they are right and oh so happy if they are wrong.

While no one would argue that the team is anything but very poor, and has been for a while, we have now had two seasons of "we are definately going down" woe woe woe etc. and, while we are not out the woods yet, it looks like we awill be ok. I suspect if we do avoid the drop there will be a significant amout of posters as dissapointed as the majority that will be very happy. I suspect the numbers will be closer than a lot of people think.

I for one think that RP will do whats best for Hibs, as he always has done IMO, and there has been nothing from him to suggest he is supportive of Rangers survival at any cost.

declan macmanus
13-04-2012, 06:52 AM
This email reply from Hibs makes me think they will back a Rangers newco.

The club understands the strength of feeling amongst the support on this issue. But everyone who has Hibernian's best interests at heart needs to work together in the best interests of the club. Not to renew season tickets, or not to attend matches at Easter Road hurts the club - and only the club. It does not hurt Rangers or their supporters or anyone else in the SPL - only Hibernian.
The position at Rangers (in administration) is far from resolved. Hibernian's future should not depend on the timetable for the Rangers administration. Rest assured that all the clubs in the SPL want to do the right thing for Scottish football. Please support your club.

If they believe that they are doing the right thing for Scottish football then I am out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
13-04-2012, 07:18 AM
A day before a semi final and we get this pish.

Couldn't this have waited until Monday? I was looking forward to a day of predicting results, team selection, crowd size etc. Instead I get more divisive crap from a serial troll.

Beefster
13-04-2012, 07:22 AM

The club understands the strength of feeling amongst the support on this issue. But everyone who has Hibernian's best interests at heart needs to work together in the best interests of the club. Not to renew season tickets, or not to attend matches at Easter Road hurts the club - and only the club. It does not hurt Rangers or their supporters or anyone else in the SPL - only Hibernian.
The position at Rangers (in administration) is far from resolved. Hibernian's future should not depend on the timetable for the Rangers administration. Rest assured that all the clubs in the SPL want to do the right thing for Scottish football. Please support your club.

If they believe that they are doing the right thing for Scottish football then I am out.

I don't think there are any pointers about them backing a 'Rangers 2012' there. I think they're getting increasing desperate about STs and their comms are reflecting that. At the moment, they're suffering from the perfect storm of us being mince, the ST offering not being that great, the farce over the promotion of said ST offering, the fact that folk don't actually have to renew for another 7 weeks or so and the stuff about Rangers' future.

Hibs have a tendency to panic as soon as something doesn't go (or isn't about to go) particularly well (e.g. the sackings of Mixu, Hughes and Calderwood). They're in panic mode again IMHO.

down the slope
13-04-2012, 08:15 AM

Couldn't this have waited until Monday? I was looking forward to a day of predicting results, team selection, crowd size etc. Instead I get more divisive crap from a serial troll.

If it is p!sh then let the club come out and tell the fans the way it intends to vote on the Rangers issue or are we not even worth that little bit of information ?. If past precedence is anything to go by then i think he will vote for them , he was all in favour of the ten team league and he still might be for all we know and yet he knew that most fans on here and elsewhere wanted a larger league but all we got was the usual platitudes that he would vote for whatever he thought was best for Hibs. Ignore the fans at your peril Mr P , he is quite vocal when he is begging us to hand over our cash yet he never opens his trap about his voting intensions as it would seem he knows best !, the evidence of that would suggest otherwise !.

jonty
13-04-2012, 08:27 AM

I dont see them backing a newco - its self preservation. They cant build a team without income at the start of the season. The majority of this income is through ST sales.

Whilst hibs can vote against this, other SPL clubs need to do the same.

We're cutting our noses off to spite our faces - but what else can we do? buy STs for the under-20s league? Ask hibs to resign from the SPL on principle?
I fear Hibs alone will achieve nothing - it has to be a coordinated effort between the 10 non-OF teams.

Golden Bear
13-04-2012, 08:29 AM

Impeccable timing as ever.

:hmmm:

lyonhibs
13-04-2012, 08:42 AM
Quite unbelievable timing for this pish.

The phrase required to complete the title of this thread is "...to Hampden to support the team he cares about...."

END OF (to quote an erstwhile poster)

Barney McGrew
13-04-2012, 08:43 AM

Look at me, look at me!

:hyper:

matty_f
13-04-2012, 08:46 AM

That doesn't say they are backing the newco at all. :confused:

lyonhibs
13-04-2012, 08:49 AM
That doesn't say they are backing the newco at all. :confused:

It does if you've already made your mind up about where the interests of the Hibs board lie.

I understand your point that if you objectively read the text, then it says nothing of the sort, but hey, let's not hope for miracles the day before our biggest game in years eh? :rolleyes:

Jones28
13-04-2012, 08:50 AM

Right, your first point: The vote is 2 weeks away. So why on earth would any of the SPL chairmen show their hands before the vote?

Your second point: when have Hibs ever been anything different?! Classic Hibs media strategy. You might not like it, but its' the way Hibs are. If you listen to any politician, chairman or anyone else in a position of power in the way Petrie is, they will give you the same none committal pish. And the whole focus on Hibs is because the biggest game of our season is tomorrow. So stop whining about Petrie and focus on the pitch.

Jones28
13-04-2012, 08:53 AM
Fenlon must go, Petrie must go, get BB tae F, Griffiths should be thrown to the Wolves, O'Connor's goin tae Saughton jail, Doherty can F off back to Wolves tae, Francomb wood rather be in Ayia Napa wi his Cockney mates, Stack's murder, the 12th man are worse than a man short, the SPL can F right off, referees!, the OF should piss off tae the Atlantic, ram yer u20 league, stick yer season tickets up yer bum, burn East Mains, rip up the seats at ER....let's go mental and have a paasaaarrrrrrty at Hampden tomorrow instead?!
Well said that man :cb

GreenCastle
13-04-2012, 09:07 AM

:agree:

FOCUS - SEMI FINAL - SIMPLE :greengrin

WarringtonHibee
13-04-2012, 11:12 AM
Worth e-mailing the board the stats? A few people sending the following with their own message?

If Rangers are liquidated and reformed as a Newco, should they be allowed immediate re-entry into the SPL?No (5207) - 93.82%
Yes (343) - 6.18%
In the event of a Rangers Newco being allowed immediate re-entry how, as a supporter of another SPL/SFL club would you respond?I would continue to attend SPL fixtures as normal (762) - 13.73%
I would NOT attend any SPL fixtures at all (2969) - 53.50%
I would continue to attend SPL fixtures but boycott any fixtures involving the Rangers Newco (1638) - 29.51%
I support an SFL team so don't attend any SPL fixtures (181) - 3.26%

See if they take note!

tamig
13-04-2012, 12:40 PM
Given his comments on that pointless debate on TV a few weeks ago I'd be very surprised, and disappointed, if Rodders was game for letting the huns straight back in.

My thoughts entirely.