PDA

View Full Version : The Big Screen on Lothian Road

Hibee_Dave
12-04-2012, 01:21 PM
I was just reading in the Evening News about that big screen and how it's not permanent and is owned by the Olympic Games organisers. Apparently they're applying for another year's stay because they don't know what to do with it.

It would fit in great between the east and south stands no? That corner would be a perfect place for a big screen and would finish off the stadium perfectly! Extra advertising opportunity and half time scores, highlights etc. Plus, the Olympic organisers are meant to leave a sporting legacy.....giving it to us would definitely do that!

Chuck Rhoades
12-04-2012, 01:49 PM
I was just reading in the Evening News about that big screen and how it's not permanent and is owned by the Olympic Games organisers. Apparently they're applying for another year's stay because they don't know what to do with it.

It would fit in great between the east and south stands no? That corner would be a perfect place for a big screen and would finish off the stadium perfectly! Extra advertising opportunity and half time scores, highlights etc. Plus, the Olympic organisers are meant to leave a sporting legacy.....giving it to us would definitely do that!

Would rather keep big tellys out of ER. Make out ground more plastic than it already is. I would prefer people watched the field and cheer the players on! If you want to watch it at telly stay at home?

frazeHFC
12-04-2012, 02:46 PM
I'll take it off their hands, would be a great addition to the back garden!

Hibee87
12-04-2012, 02:56 PM
Would rather keep big tellys out of ER. Make out ground more plastic than it already is. I would prefer people watched the field and cheer the players on! If you want to watch it at telly stay at home?

I disagree, I wouldnt have the screen on during the game of the game maybe just as another giant scoreboard. But it would look good before/during half time they could play highights of previous games etc Can you imagine playing the jambos and at half time making them watch re runs of the 6-2 ands 0-7 games, or against the newco sticky buns re runs of ivan and various other games think it would be a decent addition

frazeHFC
12-04-2012, 02:58 PM
It would cost a lot to install and run, which again is money i'd rather see used on the team, or used to have a game where the club provides travel; something worthwhile.

Pretty Boy
12-04-2012, 03:02 PM
It would cost a lot to install and run, which again is money i'd rather see used on the team, or used to have a game where the club provides travel; something worthwhile.

Agree with this.

No problem with capital expenditure that benefits the football team but a screen is a bit of unnecessary spending when there's already a hole in the budget to fill.

SquashedFrogg
12-04-2012, 03:53 PM
Agree with this.

No problem with capital expenditure that benefits the football team but a screen is a bit of unnecessary spending when there's already a hole in the budget to fill.

Maybe we could get rid of another board member to cover costs? :greengrin

Also, these screens are great but have you seen the size of the remote control and the number of batteries it takes?

RyeSloan
12-04-2012, 03:58 PM
Agree with this.

Sounds like a perfect opportuity for our marketing and sponsorship function to pull their socks up and get someone to pay for the install and then to sponsor it...sure there are plenty TV/Media compnaies or Tech Retailers that might be tempted to contribute to this.

Or why not get the current owners to 'dontate' it to ER with a small cheque to ensure it's legacy is secure...legacy is a big theme for the olympics so well within the realms of possibility, esp considering how many billions of public money they have available.

Hibby Bairn
12-04-2012, 04:20 PM
I think it is BBC that "owns" this screen.

Dashing Bob S
12-04-2012, 04:32 PM
I'm rather keen to see this happen. As the previous boss, Colin Calderwood stated, we have 'the perfect squad' and I'm think we're all in agreement by acknowledging that PF has done the impossible and improved on that perfection.

Therefore, that frees us up to spend every available penny on infrastructure.

Viva_Palmeiras
12-04-2012, 04:51 PM
I posted as much when the council were thinking of getting in bed with the yams for a new stadium. Claimed ;)

ALF TUPPER
13-04-2012, 10:07 PM
My infuriating neighbours keep harping on about their new 50" plasma.

Can i have the olympic screen please ? - so i can get it right up the pletentious plicks.

cabbageandribs1875
14-04-2012, 01:16 AM
Maybe we could get rid of another board member to cover costs? :greengrin

Also, these screens are great but have you seen the size of the remote control and the number of batteries it takes?

http://www.walyou.com/img/jumbo_universal_remote.jpg

14-04-2012, 05:35 AM

:agree: