PDA

View Full Version : Protest against SPL stitch up to admit Rangers Newco

JeMeSouviens
12-04-2012, 12:27 PM
From other threads there seems to be plenty of strong feeling against the SPL admitting a new Phoenix Rangers directly to the SPL. As detailed on other threads I think this can be stopped by 2 clubs voting against the new rules at the SPL general meeting on April 30. I want Hibs to be one of them.

We have one home game before the vote (v Killie, 22nd April). I think we need some kind of protest to make the strength of feeling known. Some possible ideas:

1. Boycott - don't like this, looks like apathy especially if we've lost the semi.

2. Song - something simple, "no rangers newco" to the tune guantanemera (there's only one XXXX XXXXX)?

3. Walkout - again, don't like, especially if we happened to be losing.

4. Delayed walk in, nobody takes their seats for the first 5 mins. Quite like this, shows Rod/the SPL what empty stadiums look like. :wink:

5. Card display, eye catching but needs organised.

Anybody got better ideas?

WarringtonHibee
12-04-2012, 12:28 PM
Get to the SPL Survey thread pal! We're going to fight this. :thumbsup:

Seveno
12-04-2012, 12:29 PM
From other threads there seems to be plenty of strong feeling against the SPL admitting a new Phoenix Rangers directly to the SPL. As detailed on other threads I think this can be stopped by 2 clubs voting against the new rules at the SPL general meeting on April 30. I want Hibs to be one of them.

We have one home game before the vote (v Killie, 22nd April). I think we need some kind of protest to make the strength of feeling known. Some possible ideas:

1. Boycott - don't like this, looks like apathy especially if we've lost the semi.

2. Song - something simple, "no rangers newco" to the tune guantanemera (there's only one XXXX XXXXX)?

4. Delayed walk in, nobody takes their seats for the first 5 mins. Quite like this, shows Rod/the SPL what empty stadiums look like. :wink:

Write to the Hibs Board.

joe breezy
12-04-2012, 12:30 PM
Why not have a 'NO TO RANGERS NEWCO' fan display by both Hibs and Aberdeen fans.

This weekend would have much better impact than Hibs v Kilmarnock and Aberdeen fans would definitely feel the same way too

Newry Hibs
12-04-2012, 12:35 PM
Didn't the Huns have a red card display on 18 & 72 minutes? What about using that for some kind of chant etc?

JIm
12-04-2012, 12:36 PM
Didn't the Huns have a red card display on 18 & 72 minutes? What about using that for some kind of chant etc?

They did indeed. Did this last Saturday at the game vs St Mirren.

Ozyhibby
12-04-2012, 12:38 PM
Dundee it'd fans planning on turning back on the match and staying silent at kick off for a couple of minutes.

Ozyhibby
12-04-2012, 12:40 PM
A two min silence at the start of both semi finals would def send a message. Would take a bit of coordination over next two days.

JeMeSouviens
12-04-2012, 12:40 PM
Write to the Hibs Board.

Done that. (3 times now at various stages).

Would urge everyone else who feels strongly to do the same. mailto:board@hibernianfc.co.uk

My latest:

Hi,

Further to my previous emails, I note the latest press release from the SPL outlining their "Financial Fair Play" proposals. I urge Hibs to vote against anything that allows an "insolvency transfer event".

Any new Rangers entity must not be allowed to start life with direct entry to the SPL. If Hibs vote in favour of anything that allows this to happen, it will be the final straw for me and I will give up on attending any SPL matches.

Best regards,

JeMeSouviens
12-04-2012, 12:41 PM

Missed that. Done. :aok:

Hibernia Na Eir
12-04-2012, 12:55 PM
Funny how the Huns aren't happy at the new proposals.....they should count themselves damned lucky they might still get to play in SPL.
One rule for Huns, another for Livingston and the likes.....

Cheshire Hibee
12-04-2012, 12:58 PM

Thread now a stickie.:thumbsup:

Andy74
12-04-2012, 01:02 PM
Isn't it quite difficult for any clubs to comment/acknowledge until it is a bit clearer what on earth is happening with Rangers?

There's a lot of good things in the new fair play proposal, more sanctions than there are now and I don't think that having an agreed list of sanctions actually changes the fact that they still need voted back in.

If Rangers actually get liquidised :greengrin I'd think that would be the time for action instead of worrying about the hypotheticals at this stage.

JeMeSouviens
12-04-2012, 01:05 PM
Isn't it quite difficult for any clubs to comment/acknowledge until it is a bit clearer what on earth is happening with Rangers?

There's a lot of good things in the new fair play proposal, more sanctions than there are now and I don't think that having an agreed list of sanctions actually changes the fact that they still need voted back in.

If Rangers actually get liquidised :greengrin I'd think that would be the time for action instead of worrying about the hypotheticals at this stage.

This is exactly what the SPL are banking on. Fix the rules now to make NewHun entry as easy as possible then wave them through when it actually happens. :rolleyes:

Ozyhibby
12-04-2012, 01:06 PM

NO. NO. NO. They are putting these rules in place now so that the Huns gain automatic re entry in to the SPL. If we wait it will be too late.

Andy74
12-04-2012, 01:08 PM
This is exactly what the SPL are banking on. Fix the rules now to make NewHun entry as easy as possible then wave them through when it actually happens. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure it will be as easy as that for them. In the meantime the measures would ensure that if they do get back in there are some sanctions, which doesn't seem to be the case at the moment.

Anyway, as I said, we don't know if there will a Newco or not and so protesting at this stage seems a bit premature.

Andy74
12-04-2012, 01:09 PM
NO. NO. NO. They are putting these rules in place now so that the Huns gain automatic re entry in to the SPL. If we wait it will be too late.

How? Where is the change that will allow a newco Rangers to get in any easier than now?

JeMeSouviens
12-04-2012, 01:12 PM
I'm not sure it will be as easy as that for them. In the meantime the measures would ensure that if they do get back in there are some sanctions, which doesn't seem to be the case at the moment.

Anyway, as I said, we don't know if there will a Newco or not and so protesting at this stage seems a bit premature.

Ok then, why do you think the SPL are introducing new rules enshrining the concept of an "insolvency transfer event"? Do you button up the back?

Hongkong Phooey
12-04-2012, 01:12 PM

Agreed. Surely though at least 2 clubs will vote against this?

There seem to be a few surveys going too - saw one on pie & bovril and on Scotzine. Be interesting (but helluva difficult I guess) to get them all integrated.

Caversham Green
12-04-2012, 01:17 PM
I've just posted on another thread that only two of the resolutions need an 11-1 majority to be passed. These are the 75% reduction of SPL fees and "updates and extensions to the definition of Insolvency Event in the SPL Articles and clarifies the process in the event that a Member which is the subject of an Insolvency Event is required to transfer its share in the Company."

The first is barely relevant while the second doesn't make clear what the updates and extensions are. The other resolution need an 8-4 majority which means that, for example Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen and Dundee United could all oppose them but they would still pass. In any case at least one of the resolutions should be passed IMO, but they need to be considered individually not as a complete package.

Andy74
12-04-2012, 01:19 PM
Ok then, why do you think the SPL are introducing new rules enshrining the concept of an "insolvency transfer event"? Do you button up the back?

It's not clear from the wording what this really means. However, as it stands the transfer can just be approved by the SPL, so, in what way is it making it easier?

Thanks for the kind buttoning up the back comment though, helpful.

Chuck Rhoades
12-04-2012, 01:32 PM
30minute silent protest is currently being discussed with banners being shown every 5 minutes. Hope to share more after SF.

JeMeSouviens
12-04-2012, 01:33 PM
It's not clear from the wording what this really means. However, as it stands the transfer can just be approved by the SPL, so, in what way is it making it easier?

Ok, I admit I am cynical about this but I think a reading of the current SPL articles of association makes it clear an 11-1 vote is required. The new proposals' resolution 5 says,

"Resolution 5 proposes updates and extensions to the definition of Insolvency Event in the SPL Articles and clarifies the process in the event that a Member which is the subject of an Insolvency Event is required to transfer its share in the Company."

Without seeing the detail it's impossible to say what "clarifies the process in the event that a Member which is the subject of an Insolvency Event is required to transfer its share in the Company" actually means. However, I would be amazed if it still requires an 11-1 vote.

... and sorry about the (un)helpful comment.

Onion
12-04-2012, 01:36 PM

The Huns have a vote at the moment and, with Celtic, can approve/reject many resolutions as they see fit under the 11-1 rule. If the Huns go bust, their vote goes with them - unless they pass resolution 2A in which case the NewHuns will automatically inherit a right to vote. This is as clear a stitch up as you get. We need to stop this in its tracks.

Andy74
12-04-2012, 01:38 PM
The Huns have a vote at the moment and, with Celtic, can approve/reject many resolutions as they see fit under the 11-1 rule. If the Huns go bust, their vote goes with them - unless they pass resolution 2A in which case the NewHuns will automatically inherit a right to vote. This is as clear a stitch up as you get. We need to stop this in its tracks.

They will automatically inherit a vote? I don't see that.

Keith_M
12-04-2012, 01:40 PM
30minute silent protest is currently being discussed with banners being shown every 5 minutes. Hope to share more after SF.

Not at the semi-final, I hope.

If we had a 30 minute silence at ER, how would anybody know? :greengrin

I think it would have been great if we could have one long banner in the North stand this weekend (e.g. "Say NO to NewCo Rangers. Cheats must be punished."), held at one end by Aberdeen fans and at the other by Hibs. I think that would be a great show of unity.

It would be even better if somebody arranged the same thing for the other final. Considering the participants, I'm sure they'd be in favour as well.

Onion
12-04-2012, 01:43 PM

I think it would have been great if we could have one long banner in the North stand this weekend (e.g. "Say NO to NewCo Rangers. Cheats must be punished."), held at one end by Aberdeen fans and at the other by Hibs. I think that would be a great show of unity.

It would be even better if somebody arranged the same thing for the other final. Considering the participants, I'm sure they'd be in favour as well.

Maybe we should just hold up some green cards when the teams come out as a sign of protest :wink:

Onion
12-04-2012, 01:46 PM
They will automatically inherit a vote? I don't see that.

Isn't the whole point that NewCo would automatically be part of the SPL (with sanctions), and therefore able to vote ?

Chuck Rhoades
12-04-2012, 01:47 PM

No way would we get into the Hampden with a banner against the NewCo.

1875 NO 1
12-04-2012, 01:50 PM
Done that. (3 times now at various stages).

Would urge everyone else who feels strongly to do the same. mailto:board@hibernianfc.co.uk

My latest:
Email rod direct. Rpetrie@hibernianfc.co.uk

Andy74
12-04-2012, 02:09 PM
Isn't the whole point that NewCo would automatically be part of the SPL (with sanctions), and therefore able to vote ?

It doesn't read that way to me. An insolvency event is being recognised as something but short of that I don't see it following that anyone going through such an event gets back in automatically. It does say that if you have been let in and that you fall within an insolvency event then there will be sanctions. I think you still need that initial step of getting voted back in by way of the clubs approving the transfer.

At the moment the transfer could be accepted that same way and there's no current mechanism to apply sanctions.

JIm
12-04-2012, 02:20 PM
No way would we get into the Hampden with a banner against the NewCo.

Could this be unfurled as a wee late surprise? Surely not that hard to sneak something like this in? If there was something i'd be more than happy to take it.:aok:

InchHibby
12-04-2012, 02:25 PM

I've read quite a few posts on this subject and my thoughts are that there are more than a few people holding high positions within the SPL who think this will all just blow over and that Rangers football club will slip right back into being Rangers football club within the very same Premier League. It is difficult for us to do anything regarding this matter but one thing we can do is to let our club know just how we feel and that in the event of a vote being taken on this matter they at least know how the majority of the fans feel and hopefully they will take this on board and voice their opinions accordingly. Rangers deserve to be punished severly for blatant cheating so I for one will be passing my thoughts over to Mr Rod Petrie.

Cheshire Hibee
12-04-2012, 02:38 PM

Survey response now at 1000 + and BBC picking up on it. :wink:

Spread the word. :thumbsup:

HibbyRod
12-04-2012, 02:58 PM
I've read quite a few posts on this subject and my thoughts are that there are more than a few people holding high positions within the SPL who think this will all just blow over and that Rangers football club will slip right back into being Rangers football club within the very same Premier League. It is difficult for us to do anything regarding this matter but one thing we can do is to let our club know just how we feel and that in the event of a vote being taken on this matter they at least know how the majority of the fans feel and hopefully they will take this on board and voice their opinions accordingly. Rangers deserve to be punished severly for blatant cheating so I for one will be passing my thoughts over to Mr Rod Petrie.

Pass mine on too D! :aok: :greengrin

Bostonhibby
12-04-2012, 04:19 PM

:agree: And the Yams will slide in right after them, an establishment fix pure and simple.

Dashing Bob S
12-04-2012, 04:37 PM
The Hearts board have already made a protest against this financial corruption by deciding to pay their own players on time this month.

snooky
12-04-2012, 05:35 PM

:agree: Good point.
The SPL are asking us to "lie back, open our legs and think of Scotland"

Andy74
12-04-2012, 08:41 PM
:agree: Good point.
The SPL are asking us to "lie back, open our legs and think of Scotland"

How's it a good point? It's made up. There is no automatic transfer in those proposals.

Moulin Yarns
12-04-2012, 09:03 PM
Could this be unfurled as a wee late surprise? Surely not that hard to sneak something like this in? If there was something i'd be more than happy to take it.:aok:

Just a thought, but is there an Olympic security trial at the semi?

snooky
12-04-2012, 10:23 PM
How's it a good point? It's made up. There is no automatic transfer in those proposals.

The 'point' is that if Rangers stay in the SPL in any shape or form then the 11/1 vote will ensure a status quo (or if you like, an OF dominance) shirley?

blairwallace
12-04-2012, 11:37 PM
'Bring back Newco Rangers?
Bring back Gretna 2008.'

if rangers are instantly able to be reinstalled into Scottish professional football then why were Gretna abolished to start from the bottom?

ekhibee
13-04-2012, 01:05 AM
If it went through, Resolution 6 would mean Hearts would be in deep doodoo.....

Treadstone
13-04-2012, 01:27 AM
Administration rules are currently garbage . Took their lead from England -10pts not severe enough , clubs play their cards to see if the penalty will hinder them or not, ie Leeds a couple of years ago , couldn't avoid relegation then took the penalty . Should be something like 25pts .

Septimus
13-04-2012, 06:28 AM
Let them straight back in but make then play one season behind closed doors at Ibrox. No television coverage either. See what that does for their finances. With a bit of luck it might finish them for keeps.

Andy74
13-04-2012, 08:34 AM
The 'point' is that if Rangers stay in the SPL in any shape or form then the 11/1 vote will ensure a status quo (or if you like, an OF dominance) shirley?

It's the staying in the SPL bit that's important. None of these measures ensure that or make it automatic, a shas been suggested.