PDA

View Full Version : SPL Fans Survey

Cheshire Hibee
12-04-2012, 12:12 PM
I started a thread a few weeks ago suggesting a site to survey fans outside RFC on their thoughts on a Newco RFC being allowed automatic re-entry into the SPL, this site is now live and asks specific questions relating to this plus the proposed new Financial Fair Play rules.

The aim is to roll this out accross all Scottish football fans forums outwith RFC and get a consensus on feeling towards this likelihood occurring therefore if you could suggest forums to post to this would be appreciated.

We have also set up a Twitter account at twitter.com/splfansurveys so if you could let as many people as possible know the intention is to send the results out to media outlets as well as all SPL clubs so we can let them know what we think as at the moment all media announcements are RFC friendly, we need as many as possible to make their feelings known.

For the survey the address is http://www.splsurvey.co.uk

WarringtonHibee
12-04-2012, 12:13 PM
Also please follow http://www.twitter.com/SPLFanSurveys :agree:

Cheshire Hibee
12-04-2012, 12:41 PM
Allready 60 plus taken part mainly Hibbies but starting to spread, now on the Bounce just waiting for registration to Kickback to be accepted will then roll out there.

:thumbsup:

Saorsa
12-04-2012, 12:42 PM
good work :aok:

Cheshire Hibee
12-04-2012, 01:09 PM
Over 200 responses now keep it up.:thumbsup:

WarringtonHibee
12-04-2012, 01:22 PM
Over 300, tell everyone you know who is a Scottish Football Fan :thumbsup:

Onion
12-04-2012, 01:27 PM
Great job - well done.

WarringtonHibee
12-04-2012, 01:29 PM
400+ now... ****! :greengrin

Keith_M
12-04-2012, 01:32 PM
Just a thought but, what's to stop Rangers fans hijacking this survey? If they wanted, they could surely log in and give their own answers.

It's easy enough to identify a Rangers fan verbally but much harder if they're online. **

** For those of you wondering, instead of saying one hello, say two in quick succession. If it bursts into song, it's a Hun :wink:

WarringtonHibee
12-04-2012, 01:34 PM
Hence e-mail verification, it makes it a harder process to cheat the poll, that and I've got my methods but I'm not letting the cat of the bag with that one - lets just say I've planned for anyone trying to rig this and I'll spot it all a mile off. :wink:

Dalianwanda
12-04-2012, 01:39 PM
Wouldn't take any of my email addresses?

Cheshire Hibee
12-04-2012, 01:59 PM
Now on dafc.net

WarringtonHibee
12-04-2012, 02:00 PM
Wouldn't take any of my email addresses?

PM me pal :)

WarringtonHibee
12-04-2012, 02:25 PM
BBC have picked up on this... :wink:

PatHead
12-04-2012, 02:27 PM
Completed and sent following email around a number of football supporting friends of a mixture of clubs Feel free to do the same.....

Don't know how you feel about Rangers position with regard to retaining

their position within the SPL. The press seem to feel they have a devine

right to be there. In order to try and let the press know there are other

feelings in this regard a survey of 4 or 5 questions has been set up at

http://www.splsurvey.co.uk/ (http://www.splsurvey.co.uk/)

Please spend the 30 or so seconds it would take to complete the survey.

Doubt it will make a difference but it would be interesting to know real

feelings.

Finally please pass this onto anyone who may be interested in completing it

Cabbage East
12-04-2012, 02:32 PM
Won't accept my email address...

Cheshire Hibee
12-04-2012, 02:37 PM
Completed and sent following email around a number of football supporting friends of a mixture of clubs Feel free to do the same.....

feelings.

Survey now at 1000+ keep spreading the word. And BBC onto it :thumbsup:

sambajustice
12-04-2012, 02:43 PM
Started a new thread about it here...

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/172214-spl-fans-survey/

dont know if you've already posted it there though! Done it anyway! :cb

Cheshire Hibee
12-04-2012, 03:08 PM
Started a new thread about it here...

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/172214-spl-fans-survey/

dont know if you've already posted it there though! Done it anyway! :cb

Cheers now over 1400 in 3 hours we will hope to provide some feed back on responses later.

BBC have contacted us via Twitter but reluctant to say to much at this stage.

Cheshire Hibee
12-04-2012, 03:23 PM
Capital FM now picked up on just spoke with them over the phone.

watch this space !!!!!

Hibrandenburg
12-04-2012, 03:57 PM
Capital FM now picked up on just spoke with them over the phone.

watch this space !!!!!

Better hope that the UDA/UVF don't pick up on it, otherwise it might be more than a phone call you're getting.

Good work though :-)

Cheshire Hibee
12-04-2012, 04:01 PM

feelings.

Update now received in excess of 1600 responses and BBC Scotland have asked and been given a small snapshot of the responses so far and they may run a piece on BBC Scotland at 18.45 tonight.

Have also received a call from Capital FM who are keen to see the results and air it in their news bulletins.

Keep spreading the word if you know fans in other clubs forums let them know.

Cabbage East
12-04-2012, 04:20 PM
Fairly sure the Huns will try to hijack this.

jgl07
12-04-2012, 04:46 PM

It doesn't really matter if they do.

The key point is to get across to the board of Hibs, Aberdeen, Dundee United, Motherwell, etc that they risk losing a large proportion of their support if they go along this path.

truehibernian
12-04-2012, 04:56 PM
Not seen it anywhere so thought I would ask - Ralph Topping and Co say that the television deals are in jeopardy without Rangers in the SPL.

Has anyone written to either Sky or ESPN to get their thoughts on both the situation and/or their stance on sporting integrity. Indeed, has anyone written to Ralph or Doncaster to ask when companies have expressed concern or doubt over a deal ? I think us fans of Scottish football deserve a bit of transparency there, or at least have them tell us the main players at Sky they deal with so that we can start to press them too.

Onion
12-04-2012, 05:01 PM
Not seen it anywhere so thought I would ask - Ralph Topping and Co say that the television deals are in jeopardy without Rangers in the SPL.

Has anyone written to either Sky or ESPN to get their thoughts on both the situation and/or their stance on sporting integrity. Indeed, has anyone written to Ralph or Doncaster to ask when companies have expressed concern or doubt over a deal ? I think us fans of Scottish football deserve a bit of transparency there, or at least have them tell us the main players at Sky they deal with so that we can start to press them too.

What brasses me off is where is the media in all of this ? There are hundreds of pertinent questions that need asked and yet all the press and TV are interested in is "speaking" to and on behalf of RFC. What happened to objective journalism - or is that sheer fantasy ?

JIm
12-04-2012, 05:07 PM
What brasses me off is where is the media in all of this ? There are hundreds of pertinent questions that need asked and yet all the press and TV are interested in is "speaking" to and on behalf of RFC. What happened to objective journalism - or is that sheer fantasy ?

Sheer Fantasy sadly.

truehibernian
12-04-2012, 05:09 PM
I might try and get Jim Spence to champion that cause.

Stevo1875
12-04-2012, 05:15 PM
It doesn't really matter if they do.

The key point is to get across to the board of Hibs, Aberdeen, Dundee United, Motherwell, etc that they risk losing a large proportion of their support if they go along this path.

disagree, although a good idea, clubs need to consult season ticket holders directly.

EdinMike
12-04-2012, 05:24 PM
I'm now listening to Sportsound through, gritted teeth. And it's the key thing they are talking about now. Chick sounds like he's close to tears on the whole Rangers situation...:na na:

WarringtonHibee
12-04-2012, 06:45 PM
Anyone see Reporting Scotland? :thumbsup:

PatHead
12-04-2012, 07:13 PM

What did they say?

WarringtonHibee
12-04-2012, 07:32 PM
What did they say?

Showed the website and 3 quotes we sent across to them, currently working on a way to display results so everyone can see the bigger picture.

Cheshire Hibee
12-04-2012, 07:39 PM
Showed the website and 3 quotes we sent across to them, currently working on a way to display results so everyone can see the bigger picture.

Now upto 3075 responses at 20:30 not bad for 7 hours !!!!

WarringtonHibee
12-04-2012, 07:55 PM
94.8% are saying a huge GTF to Newco.

TheGreenMan
12-04-2012, 08:21 PM
Completed.

**** off and die you Hun *******s.

:pray:

John_the_angus_hibby
12-04-2012, 08:22 PM
Better hope that the UDA/UVF don't pick up on it, otherwise it might be more than a phone call you're getting.

Good work though :-)

The reason that joke is both funny and scary is enough for me to vote against the newco regardless of bloody sportsmanship!!

Sent from another universe!

PatHead
12-04-2012, 09:29 PM
Cheshire

Sorry Warrington

Went on to Jambo Kickback to have a look. Notice they are all voting for a Gers demise. Would it be worth encouraging them to forward it to non-member friends/family by email?

What other forums have you managed to get onto and what is latest?

...WentToMowAnSPL
12-04-2012, 09:32 PM
anyone know what the latest is ?? or where to see it - I''m following on twitter but haven't seen any recent update ?

WarringtonHibee
12-04-2012, 09:39 PM
anyone know what the latest is ?? or where to see it - I''m following on twitter but haven't seen any recent update ?

I'm doing some updates to the site which will include a new page with the latest stats, but I'll update them every few hours or so, if they update live people who want to screw the vote could use that to their advantage.

WarringtonHibee
12-04-2012, 10:15 PM
http://splsurvey.co.uk/stats.php

edinburghhibee
13-04-2012, 12:16 AM
http://splsurvey.co.uk/stats.php

I've filled out the survey and when I clicked the link through my email address it went onto a blank screen has my post worked.

WarringtonHibee
13-04-2012, 12:23 AM
I've filled out the survey and when I clicked the link through my email address it went onto a blank screen has my post worked.

Yea double checked it - just noticed a small error making it not load the content - but it still counted.

Ta!

...and the Huns are already trying to cheat, there's a shock.

edinburghhibee
13-04-2012, 12:27 AM
Yea double checked it - just noticed a small error making it not load the content - but it still counted.

Ta!

...and the Huns are already trying to cheat, there's a shock.

Well they have been getting away with it for the last three decades why stop now????

WarringtonHibee
13-04-2012, 12:29 AM
‎"Disgraceful way to go about your business. Kicking the countrys biggest and worlds most successful club when they're down. We will not forget these actions, EVER. The SPL have shown their true colours in recent weeks. My club is on its knees and you have done NOTHING to help us. In fact you have continued to move the goalposts, just when there is a thin ray of light at the end of a very long and dark tunnel. Generations have followed our great club through thick and thin and we will continue for ever more. We don't do walking away. WATP."

:faf::faf::faf:

frazeHFC
13-04-2012, 12:31 AM
‎"Disgraceful way to go about your business. Kicking the countrys biggest and worlds most successful club when they're down. We will not forget these actions, EVER. The SPL have shown their true colours in recent weeks. My club is on its knees and you have done NOTHING to help us. In fact you have continued to move the goalposts, just when there is a thin ray of light at the end of a very long and dark tunnel. Generations have followed our great club through thick and thin and we will continue for ever more. We don't do walking away. WATP."

:faf: :faf: :faf: :faf: :faf:

GO BUST YA HUNS, NOW!

edinburghhibee
13-04-2012, 12:34 AM

Hope you replied by simply saying "awww cupcake, what a shame on you!"

Pr!cks:giruy:

Cabbage East
13-04-2012, 06:31 AM

They really do come from another planet.

WarringtonHibee
13-04-2012, 07:29 AM
The latest:

There have been a total of 4760 responses.
If Rangers are liquidated and reformed as a Newco, should they be allowed immediate re-entry into the SPL?

No (4444) - 93.36%
Yes (316) - 6.64%

In the event of a Rangers Newco being allowed immediate re-entry how, as a supporter of another SPL/SFL club would you respond?

I would continue to attend SPL fixtures as normal (676) - 14.20%
I would NOT attend any SPL fixtures at all (2534) - 53.24%
I would continue to attend SPL fixtures but boycott any fixtures involving the Rangers Newco (1391) - 29.22%
I support an SFL team so don't attend any SPL fixtures (159) - 3.34%

Do you back the SPL's Financial Fair Play Proposals?

Yes (2092) - 43.95%
No (2668) - 56.05%

cad
13-04-2012, 08:13 AM
Ive taken a few posts from you know where , they dont seem to be happy with their lot, as far as I can make out theyve not done anything wrong and everybody's against them .
One thing that does equate to everybody is the SPL is run by w...kers

"We've been stabbed in the back, kicked when we're down and had our faces slammed against a wall. Now is the time to **** them all! Do nothing that is not in the best interests of Rangers. Spend nothing that is not going to our club. We are not looking for any favours just to be treated fairly which seems impossible as they seem to be queuing up to get their pound of flesh. After everything that has happened to us recently this has enraged me the most as the pariahs that have been nibbling away have shown their hand. Now I really hope that anyone acting in the best interests of Rangers can see exactly what we are up against and get themselves ready for the fight ahead, We don't do walking away cause We are the people, No surrender! "

I ve just changed my vote

I love away games I love following our team

But they have gone to far

We fed and clothed these teams for 140 years

They have lived off US

Today they cost US money and our creditors money.

This can no longer go without sanction

Flk them I will get my handicap down.

The fact of the matter is - it is not Rangers supporters who will kill the game off in Scotland - it is the intended actions of these vindictive *******s in the SPL (and elsewhere) who will reap the whirlwind by our reaction.

If they don't start the fight, we won't enter that ring.

Simple.

These *******s need to take a long hard look in the mirror - I will NOT accept Rangers or its fans being blamed for causing any downfall of Scottish football.

They (our enemies) had better ****ing want what they wish for. http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif

Well if you feel that way then we are in a no win situation, we stay in the SPL on these new crippling rules (If liquidated) meaning we can’t achieve anything other than avoid relegation for a couple of years while making other clubs richer in the process. We go down to division 3 with a chance to win things and not be used as a pawn in the SPL’s game while we watch the other clubs crumble and fall into the abyss thus the product get’s worse…

Why should we the Rangers fans pay for other SPL teams to stick the boot into us, attend in our thousands just to see our team hit with restrictions meaning we can do nothing more than survive while lining other clubs pockets?

I am all in favour of a boycott. We cannot just sit back and take this Draconian punishment in "silent dignity". It is our lack of reaction to punishments and measures imposed in the past that has brought us to the point where the SPL think they can do what they like to us with impunity. I would say that a fully supported boycott of away games is the ONLY answer...Make THEM suffer!! We should also try to get the club on board by asking them to have the Under19's play at home, whether at Ibrox or Auchenhowie, on the same date and time that the 1st team are playing away, so that we can go and support our club on match days regardless !
WATP RTID

Easy way round it, **** them and the 10 , just show the games at Ibrox we never travel in Scotland again , they get **** all we plough everything we have into Rangers then watch the ****s bleat they will be begging for us to return

Saorsa
13-04-2012, 08:24 AM
:hilarious

jonty
13-04-2012, 08:49 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/i/b01fnvk1/?t=16m21s

16m 21 seconds in the sport section starts

Wont be up for long though.

JeMeSouviens
13-04-2012, 09:40 AM
Excellent work Cheshire and Warrington. I posted this up on Kickback, AFC chat and Kerrydale st. You've replied on the first 2, you might want to reply on the last:

http://kerrydalestreet.co.uk/topic/8674705/1/

PatHead
13-04-2012, 10:12 AM
Looks like your survey is beginning to have the desired effect. Even Jim Traynor is recognising the truth in today's Daily Record. Well done!

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/rangers/2012/04/13/jim-traynor-column-rangers-must-start-from-scratch-in-division-three-86908-23823231 (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/rangers/2012/04/13/jim-traynor-column-rangers-must-start-from-scratch-in-division-three-86908-23823231/)

WarringtonHibee
13-04-2012, 12:15 PM
Stats have now been updated as of 13:08

There have been a total of 6013 responses.

If Rangers are liquidated and reformed as a Newco, should they be allowed immediate re-entry into the SPL?
No (5664) - 94.20%

Yes (349) - 5.80%

In the event of a Rangers Newco being allowed immediate re-entry how, as a supporter of another SPL/SFL club would you respond?
I would continue to attend SPL fixtures as normal (801) - 13.32%

I would NOT attend any SPL fixtures at all (3247) - 54.00%

I would continue to attend SPL fixtures but boycott any fixtures involving the Rangers Newco (1772) - 29.47%

I support an SFL team so don't attend any SPL fixtures (193) - 3.21%

Yes (2529) - 42.06%

No (3484) - 57.94%

Does anyone have any press contact details I can use, or can some people help get it out there by emailing Sky Sports News?

tamig
13-04-2012, 01:00 PM
Ive taken a few posts from you know where , they dont seem to be happy with their lot, as far as I can make out theyve not done anything wrong and everybody's against them .
One thing that does equate to everybody is the SPL is run by w...kers

"We've been stabbed in the back, kicked when we're down and had our faces slammed against a wall. Now is the time to **** them all! Do nothing that is not in the best interests of Rangers. Spend nothing that is not going to our club. We are not looking for any favours just to be treated fairly which seems impossible as they seem to be queuing up to get their pound of flesh. After everything that has happened to us recently this has enraged me the most as the pariahs that have been nibbling away have shown their hand. Now I really hope that anyone acting in the best interests of Rangers can see exactly what we are up against and get themselves ready for the fight ahead, We don't do walking away cause We are the people, No surrender! "

I ve just changed my vote

I love away games I love following our team

But they have gone to far

We fed and clothed these teams for 140 years

They have lived off US

Today they cost US money and our creditors money.

This can no longer go without sanction

Flk them I will get my handicap down.

The fact of the matter is - it is not Rangers supporters who will kill the game off in Scotland - it is the intended actions of these vindictive *******s in the SPL (and elsewhere) who will reap the whirlwind by our reaction.

If they don't start the fight, we won't enter that ring.

Simple.

These *******s need to take a long hard look in the mirror - I will NOT accept Rangers or its fans being blamed for causing any downfall of Scottish football.

They (our enemies) had better ****ing want what they wish for. http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif

Well if you feel that way then we are in a no win situation, we stay in the SPL on these new crippling rules (If liquidated) meaning we can’t achieve anything other than avoid relegation for a couple of years while making other clubs richer in the process. We go down to division 3 with a chance to win things and not be used as a pawn in the SPL’s game while we watch the other clubs crumble and fall into the abyss thus the product get’s worse…

Why should we the Rangers fans pay for other SPL teams to stick the boot into us, attend in our thousands just to see our team hit with restrictions meaning we can do nothing more than survive while lining other clubs pockets?

I am all in favour of a boycott. We cannot just sit back and take this Draconian punishment in "silent dignity". It is our lack of reaction to punishments and measures imposed in the past that has brought us to the point where the SPL think they can do what they like to us with impunity. I would say that a fully supported boycott of away games is the ONLY answer...Make THEM suffer!! We should also try to get the club on board by asking them to have the Under19's play at home, whether at Ibrox or Auchenhowie, on the same date and time that the 1st team are playing away, so that we can go and support our club on match days regardless !
WATP RTID

Easy way round it, **** them and the 10 , just show the games at Ibrox we never travel in Scotland again , they get **** all we plough everything we have into Rangers then watch the ****s bleat they will be begging for us to return

Some entertaining and interseting comments from the hun.

A few of them seem to be playing the sympathy card (everyone's kicking us when we're down blah blah). What about their arrogant boast of "No one likes us - we don't care." It would appear that a lot of them do care - very much. Hun ****s.

WarringtonHibee
13-04-2012, 01:07 PM
600 more in the last hour, looks like momentum is really picking up.

Saorsa
13-04-2012, 01:10 PM
600 more in the last hour, looks like momentum is really picking up.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

PatHead
13-04-2012, 01:29 PM
Your survey is now twice the size of the number who attended the St Johnstone v ICT game last weekend (3326) and much larger than the Dunfermline v Hearts crowd (4700). This makes it a sizeable proportion of supporters of Scottish teams and its findings are therefore extremely relevant.

ChooseLife
13-04-2012, 01:49 PM
I think some people could be confused by the Fair Play question, 40% are saying they agree with it, I think if the question was something like "do you agree with the new rules the SPL have proposed that would evidently allow a new Rangers back into the league?" I'm not that good with words but you know what I mean, no way 40% would agree with it if they knew what the bottom line was.

Has the survey been posted on Killie, Dundee/Utd, St Mirren, Motherwell, Super Js etc forums?, the second people posted it on kerrydale/kickback the voting numbers seemed to skyrocket!

Great work guys :agree:

Onion
13-04-2012, 02:09 PM
I think some people could be confused by the Fair Play question, 40% are saying they agree with it, I think if the question was something like "do you agree with the new rules the SPL have proposed that would evidently allow a new Rangers back into the league?" I'm not that good with words but you know what I mean, no way 40% would agree with it if they knew what the bottom line was.

Has the survey been posted on Killie, Dundee/Utd, St Mirren, Motherwell, Super Js etc forums?, the second people posted it on kerrydale/kickback the voting numbers seemed to skyrocket!

:agree:Agree with this. You don't want anyone to misinterpret the results and think that 40% are happy with the sanctions i.e. allowing NewCo into the SPL

Cheshire Hibee
13-04-2012, 03:22 PM

Have registered with some but as it's just me and Mark and he's in work and i've been on night's difficult to keep up with the response so any links would help and speed process up especially if any admins on these baords are known.:thumbsup:

Cheshire Hibee
13-04-2012, 03:27 PM
:agree:Agree with this. You don't want anyone to misinterpret the results and think that 40% are happy with the sanctions i.e. allowing NewCo into the SPL

Latest stats last night for was 45% however we did a little tweak to the wording and since then is now swinging away from yes as you will see from lates stats.

There have been a total of 7427 responses.

No (7047) - 94.88%

Yes (380) - 5.12%

I would continue to attend SPL fixtures as normal (934) - 12.58%

I would NOT attend any SPL fixtures at all (4008) - 53.97%

I would continue to attend SPL fixtures but boycott any fixtures involving the Rangers Newco (2258) - 30.40%

I support an SFL team so don't attend any SPL fixtures (227) - 3.06%

Yes (2879) - 38.76%

No (4548) - 61.24%

muzzhfc
13-04-2012, 03:53 PM
i appealed to the official club twitter and various others for a RT to raise awareness. doubt it will happen though :(

WarringtonHibee
13-04-2012, 04:54 PM
BBC sportsound 18:10, my dad is on about this survey! :thumbsup:

frazeHFC
13-04-2012, 04:59 PM

Cheshire Hibee
13-04-2012, 05:11 PM
Now live on sportsound :thumbsup:

cabbageandribs1875
13-04-2012, 05:20 PM

Bill ?

it's a pretty poor phone reception

ancienthibby
13-04-2012, 05:22 PM
Bill ?

it's a pretty poor phone reception

He's doing well - the line is fine!:agree:

cabbageandribs1875
13-04-2012, 05:23 PM
that will be us on the buns hit list now :faf: killie, dundee hibs, aberdeen, now us :greengrin

Mikeystewart
13-04-2012, 05:23 PM
Is there a facebook page for the survey? would help in getting it out there.

marinello59
13-04-2012, 05:24 PM

He came across really well. Well done to him. :thumbsup:

cabbageandribs1875
13-04-2012, 05:25 PM

articulate enough, can he take over mike riley's position as hibs fans 'spokesperson' :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
13-04-2012, 05:30 PM
He would probably make a better spokesman that the current clown. :rolleyes:

Cheshire Hibee
13-04-2012, 06:45 PM
He would probably make a better spokesman that the current clown. :rolleyes:

Cheers Gary can you do my CV.

btw another 600 responses since my bit on Sportsound possibly could hit 10,000 by the end of tonight.

blackpoolhibs
13-04-2012, 07:13 PM
I heard the interview on sportsound, it was a wee bit of a shame the sound was a bit iffy for part of it, but you did come across well. At last the voice of the rest is being heard, and getting a bigger stage.

LancashireHibby
13-04-2012, 07:21 PM
Any links online to listen to it again? If it's any good then I might consider handing over your ticket tomorrow, Bill :wink:

SurferRosa
13-04-2012, 07:32 PM
Any links online to listen to it again? If it's any good then I might consider handing over your ticket tomorrow, Bill :wink:

try this mate...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/scotfoot

PatHead
13-04-2012, 07:56 PM
Just listened. You seemed to turn presenters around from their earlier comments. Keep up the good work. When is survey closing and when will you forward results to Club Chairmen?

Persevere80
13-04-2012, 08:14 PM
:aok: Done! Bye Bye Rangers.

LancashireHibby
13-04-2012, 08:17 PM
try this mate...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/scotfoot
Cheers for that.

Good listen, great work Bill :thumbsup:

Cheshire Hibee
13-04-2012, 10:43 PM
Updated stats from http://splsurvey.co.uk

Would have been nice to have hit 10K but not far away.

There have been a total of 9398 responses.

No (8958) - 95.32%

Yes (440) - 4.68%

I would continue to attend SPL fixtures as normal (1122) - 11.94%

I would NOT attend any SPL fixtures at all (5044) - 53.67%

I would continue to attend SPL fixtures but boycott any fixtures involving the Rangers Newco (2935) - 31.23%

I support an SFL team so don't attend any SPL fixtures (297) - 3.16%

Yes (3528) - 37.54%

No (5870) - 62.46%

Mikeystewart
13-04-2012, 11:00 PM
Updated stats from http://splsurvey.co.uk

Would have been nice to have hit 10K but not far away.

There have been a total of 9398 responses.

No (8958) - 95.32%

Yes (440) - 4.68%

I would continue to attend SPL fixtures as normal (1122) - 11.94%

I would NOT attend any SPL fixtures at all (5044) - 53.67%

I would continue to attend SPL fixtures but boycott any fixtures involving the Rangers Newco (2935) - 31.23%

I support an SFL team so don't attend any SPL fixtures (297) - 3.16%

Yes (3528) - 37.54%

No (5870) - 62.46%

What percentage of the votes for re-admission of a new-co are Rangers fans?

WarringtonHibee
13-04-2012, 11:08 PM
What percentage of the votes for re-admission of a new-co are Rangers fans?

187 RFC fans say Yes

Cheshire Hibee
14-04-2012, 06:13 AM
while our minds are all on Hampden today & a poosible Cup Final can I ask that you take the opportunity to tell mates about http://www.splsurvey.co.uk and ask them to take part we need to get OUR message across and make sure it's heard by all.

Sky seem reluctant to pick the story up which says it all about their attitude towards Scottish football can I urge you to email Sky at u2us@skysports.com and let them know that Scottish Football isn't just about the OF and that splsurvey.co.uk is about giving SPL teams a stronger, collective voice.

If enough email them hopefully we can get them to mention the response and encourage even more to respond. :thumbsup:

...WentToMowAnSPL
14-04-2012, 07:07 AM
Just emailed them -)

Cheshire Hibee
14-04-2012, 09:12 PM
Hope you all enjoyed the day out at Hampden I know I did.!!

Will update response stats shortly. :flag:

LancashireHibby
14-04-2012, 09:14 PM
Hope you all enjoyed the day out at Hampden I know I did.!!

Will update response stats shortly. :flag:
Surprised you're still not canvassing for support, Bill! :greengrin :thumbsup:

Cheshire Hibee
14-04-2012, 10:32 PM
Surprised you're still not canvassing for support, Bill! :greengrin :thumbsup:

Cheers Matt i'm sure you'll help.

Been informed that the survey was discussed today by Stuart Cosgrove and Tam Cowan ... Off The Ball?

Feedback I got It was all positive ... As in saying the powers that be should pay attention :thumbsup:

WarringtonHibee
15-04-2012, 02:09 PM
Sky are clearly bellends who don't care, they've continually ignored e-mails from us and God knows how many fans.

So, we're planning to put a statement on the homepage of the survey site to make it clear we feel that Sky do not care about the voices of Scottish Football fans. What do you think about the following message:

SKY SPORTS DON'T CARE ABOUT SCOTTISH FANS

We've been covered by the BBC on multiple occasions and other journalists have shown interest and requested access, but why are Sky so silent on this? We feel this silence speaks volumes, they don't care about us. Sky, who continually cause fans problems because of absolutely ridiculous kick off times to suit their TV schedules. Send u2us@skysports.com a e-mail to urge them to cover the survey and to let millions know that we've spoken. If they don't listen, perhaps it's time to reconsider giving them our money - Sky don't care about us, they don't care about football, they care about money. Football didn't start with Sky.

SneakersO'Toole
15-04-2012, 04:43 PM
Bump.

No chance of a sticky for this admin? Personally think its well worth it for the exposure its created and the use it could have moving forward.

LancashireHibby
15-04-2012, 06:43 PM
What's today's figure?

Ants
15-04-2012, 07:15 PM
I started a thread a few weeks ago suggesting a site to survey fans outside RFC on their thoughts on a Newco RFC being allowed automatic re-entry into the SPL, this site is now live and asks specific questions relating to this plus the proposed new Financial Fair Play rules.

The aim is to roll this out accross all Scottish football fans forums outwith RFC and get a consensus on feeling towards this likelihood occurring therefore if you could suggest forums to post to this would be appreciated.

We have also set up a Twitter account at twitter.com/splfansurveys so if you could let as many people as possible know the intention is to send the results out to media outlets as well as all SPL clubs so we can let them know what we think as at the moment all media announcements are RFC friendly, we need as many as possible to make their feelings known.

For the survey the address is http://www.splsurvey.co.uk

Can you please breakdown the statistics into football club voting?

jonty
15-04-2012, 07:31 PM
Is the site still up? Can't access it from here:confused:
(wanted to peek at stats)

Cheshire Hibee
15-04-2012, 09:57 PM
Is the site still up? Can't access it from here:confused:
(wanted to peek at stats)

Site is still up at http://www.splsurvey.co.uk

Latest stats show 1234 responses so far from Hibs fans so a lot of scope to improve that figure.

Overall weekend has seen a slowdown but was expected so need to push on so raise awareness where you can.

There have been a total of 11283 responses.

No (10800) - 95.72%

Yes (483) - 4.28%

I would continue to attend SPL fixtures as normal (1297) - 11.50%

I would NOT attend any SPL fixtures at all (6021) - 53.36%

I would continue to attend SPL fixtures but boycott any fixtures involving the Rangers Newco (3595) - 31.86%

I support an SFL team so don't attend any SPL fixtures (370) - 3.28%

Yes (4111) - 36.44%

No (7172) - 63.56%

WarringtonHibee
15-04-2012, 10:00 PM
Hibs fans only:

No (1213) - 98.30%
Yes (21) - 1.70%

I would continue to attend SPL fixtures as normal (116) - 9.40%
I would NOT attend any SPL fixtures at all (677) - 54.86%
I would continue to attend SPL fixtures but boycott any fixtures involving the Rangers Newco (435) - 35.25%
I support an SFL team so don't attend any SPL fixtures (6) - 0.49%

Yes (525) - 42.54%
No (709) - 57.46%

LancashireHibby
15-04-2012, 10:15 PM
Hibs fans only:

I support an SFL team so don't attend any SPL fixtures (6) - 0.49%

Right, come on, who answered that one?!

PatHead
17-04-2012, 07:48 PM
What is the latest?

Cheshire Hibee
18-04-2012, 10:55 AM
What is the latest?

Now just over 12,000 response's :thumbsup:

We are doing all we can to keep it up there by retweeting etc have joined few more boards sent emails to every supporters trust.

Conatacted all trusts on Sunday via email as yet no response from any so don't know if they are spreading the word most trust sites require you taking annual membership so unable to see if they have mentioned us.

Some feedback on any stories in press or on radio if its seen or heard would be appreciated.

JeMeSouviens
18-04-2012, 11:12 AM
Now just over 12,000 response's :thumbsup:

We are doing all we can to keep it up there by retweeting etc have joined few more boards sent emails to every supporters trust.

Conatacted all trusts on Sunday via email as yet no response from any so don't know if they are spreading the word most trust sites require you taking annual membership so unable to see if they have mentioned us.

Some feedback on any stories in press or on radio if its seen or heard would be appreciated.

Have you mailed out to the local press yet? I would suggest they might not be as beholden to the OF as the Glasgow based titles. Even better if you could split the responses down by club, so the Evening News/Scotsman could get the Hibs/Hearts angle, the Dundee clubs for the Courier, Dons for the P&J etc etc.

Edit:

I've had a quick mail round:

EEN
Scotsman
Dundee Courier
Dundee Eve Telegraph
Aberdeen P&J
Aberdeen Evening Express
Glasgow Herald
Glasgow Evening Times

See if any get in touch.

WarringtonHibee
18-04-2012, 12:47 PM
Have you mailed out to the local press yet? I would suggest they might not be as beholden to the OF as the Glasgow based titles. Even better if you could split the responses down by club, so the Evening News/Scotsman could get the Hibs/Hearts angle, the Dundee clubs for the Courier, Dons for the P&J etc etc.

Edit:

EEN
Scotsman
Dundee Courier
Dundee Eve Telegraph
Aberdeen P&J
Aberdeen Evening Express
Glasgow Herald
Glasgow Evening Times

See if any get in touch.

The Courier got in touch at 1PM :thumbsup:

WarringtonHibee
18-04-2012, 01:22 PM
Posted this on our Twitter before:

ABERDEEN: 97% NO to Newco // 66% wouldn’t return & 24% would boycott Newco fixtures // 54% NO to FFP -- www.splsurvey.co.uk (http://www.splsurvey.co.uk)

CELTIC: 98% NO to Newco // 53% wouldn’t return & 36% would boycott Newco fixtures // 73% NO to FFP -- www.splsurvey.co.uk (http://www.splsurvey.co.uk)

DUNDEE UTD: 97% NO to Newco // 62% wouldn’t return & 27% would boycott Newco fixtures // 54% NO to FFP -- www.splsurvey.co.uk (http://www.splsurvey.co.uk)

DUNFERMLINE: 97% NO to Newco // 62% wouldn’t return & 25% would boycott Newco fixtures // 49% NO to FFP -- www.splsurvey.co.uk (http://www.splsurvey.co.uk)

HEARTS: 97% NO to Newco // 46% wouldn’t return & 36% would boycott Newco fixtures // 41% NO to FFP -- www.splsurvey.co.uk (http://www.splsurvey.co.uk)

HIBERNIAN: 98% NO to Newco // 54% wouldn’t return & 35% would boycott Newco fixtures // 56% NO to FFP -- www.splsurvey.co.uk (http://www.splsurvey.co.uk)

INVERNESS CT: 93% NO to Newco // 55% wouldn’t return & 33% would boycott Newco fixtures // 60% NO to FFP -- www.splsurvey.co.uk (http://www.splsurvey.co.uk)

KILMARNOCK: 95% NO to Newco // 56% wouldn’t return & 33% would boycott Newco fixtures // 57% NO to FFP -- www.splsurvey.co.uk (http://www.splsurvey.co.uk)

MOTHERWELL: 92% NO to Newco // 61% wouldn’t return & 25% would boycott Newco fixtures // 69% NO to FFP -- www.splsurvey.co.uk (http://www.splsurvey.co.uk)

RANGERS: 35% NO to Newco // 22% wouldn’t return & 3% would boycott Newco fixtures // 76% NO to FFP -- www.splsurvey.co.uk (http://www.splsurvey.co.uk)

ST JOHNSTONE: 96% NO to Newco // 56% wouldn’t return & 32% would boycott Newco fixtures // 57% NO to FFP -- www.splsurvey.co.uk (http://www.splsurvey.co.uk)

ST MIRREN: 96% NO to Newco // 54% wouldn’t return & 35% would boycott Newco fixtures // 59% NO to FFP -- www.splsurvey.co.uk (http://www.splsurvey.co.uk)

SPL & SFL (excluding OF): 96% NO to Newco // 53% wouldn’t return & 30% would boycott Newco fixtures // 54% NO to FFP -- www.splsurvey.co.uk (http://www.splsurvey.co.uk)

dangermouse
18-04-2012, 01:53 PM

ABERDEEN: 97% NO to Newco // 66% wouldn’t return & 24% would boycott Newco fixtures // 54% NO to FFP -- www.splsurvey.co.uk (http://www.splsurvey.co.uk)

CELTIC: 98% NO to Newco // 53% wouldn’t return & 36% would boycott Newco fixtures // 73% NO to FFP -- www.splsurvey.co.uk (http://www.splsurvey.co.uk)

DUNDEE UTD: 97% NO to Newco // 62% wouldn’t return & 27% would boycott Newco fixtures // 54% NO to FFP -- www.splsurvey.co.uk (http://www.splsurvey.co.uk)

DUNFERMLINE: 97% NO to Newco // 62% wouldn’t return & 25% would boycott Newco fixtures // 49% NO to FFP -- www.splsurvey.co.uk (http://www.splsurvey.co.uk)

HEARTS: 97% NO to Newco // 46% wouldn’t return & 36% would boycott Newco fixtures // 41% NO to FFP -- www.splsurvey.co.uk (http://www.splsurvey.co.uk)

HIBERNIAN: 98% NO to Newco // 54% wouldn’t return & 35% would boycott Newco fixtures // 56% NO to FFP -- www.splsurvey.co.uk (http://www.splsurvey.co.uk)

INVERNESS CT: 93% NO to Newco // 55% wouldn’t return & 33% would boycott Newco fixtures // 60% NO to FFP -- www.splsurvey.co.uk (http://www.splsurvey.co.uk)

KILMARNOCK: 95% NO to Newco // 56% wouldn’t return & 33% would boycott Newco fixtures // 57% NO to FFP -- www.splsurvey.co.uk (http://www.splsurvey.co.uk)

MOTHERWELL: 92% NO to Newco // 61% wouldn’t return & 25% would boycott Newco fixtures // 69% NO to FFP -- www.splsurvey.co.uk (http://www.splsurvey.co.uk)

RANGERS: 35% NO to Newco // 22% wouldn’t return & 3% would boycott Newco fixtures // 76% NO to FFP -- www.splsurvey.co.uk (http://www.splsurvey.co.uk)

ST JOHNSTONE: 96% NO to Newco // 56% wouldn’t return & 32% would boycott Newco fixtures // 57% NO to FFP -- www.splsurvey.co.uk (http://www.splsurvey.co.uk)

ST MIRREN: 96% NO to Newco // 54% wouldn’t return & 35% would boycott Newco fixtures // 59% NO to FFP -- www.splsurvey.co.uk (http://www.splsurvey.co.uk)

SPL & SFL (excluding OF): 96% NO to Newco // 53% wouldn’t return & 30% would boycott Newco fixtures // 54% NO to FFP -- www.splsurvey.co.uk (http://www.splsurvey.co.uk)

Overwhelming support for a newco not to be allowed straight back in to the SPL, Neil Doncaster et al take note.

The 35% of Rangers fans against immediate re-entry does not surprise me as the huns at my work would rather they started again in SFL3 should a newco be formed.

Cheshire Hibee
18-04-2012, 02:55 PM
Overwhelming support for a newco not to be allowed straight back in to the SPL, Neil Doncaster et al take note.

The 35% of Rangers fans against immediate re-entry does not surprise me as the huns at my work would rather they started again in SFL3 should a newco be formed.

I have just received a call from Jim Spence asking me to take part in a discussion about the survey on BBC Sportsound tonight between 1830 & 1900 with Chick Young & Gerry Hassan.

blackpoolhibs
18-04-2012, 03:23 PM
I have just received a call from Jim Spence asking me to take part in a discussion about the survey on BBC Sportsound tonight between 1830 & 1900 with Chick Young & Gerry Hassan.

You doing it pal, I will listen in obviously if you are, but cant be bothered with that erse if not?

JeMeSouviens
18-04-2012, 03:38 PM

Excellent. If you're looking for suggestions, point out:

- Would this rule bending be done for any other club?
- Newco is a new club, why should it jump the queue of all the SFL clubs.
- If clubs are "going to go to the wall" without Rangers, then how do Falkirk, Hamilton, Dunfermline etc survive when they drop to the first division?
- Fans would rather see clubs tightening belts than admit the game is blatantly corrupt.
- Would you go to a casino where you knew the dealer used a loaded deck?

jgl07
18-04-2012, 03:43 PM

How do you get to listen to Sportsound? It is only on medium wave and it is not on-line. My last MW radio bit the dust some time ago.

blackpoolhibs
18-04-2012, 03:46 PM
Excellent. If you're looking for suggestions, point out:

- Would this rule bending be done for any other club?
- Newco is a new club, why should it jump the queue of all the SFL clubs.
- If clubs are "going to go to the wall" without Rangers, then how do Falkirk, Hamilton, Dunfermline etc survive when they drop to the first division?
- Fans would rather see clubs tightening belts than admit the game is blatantly corrupt.
- Would you go to a casino where you knew the dealer used a loaded deck?
:agree:
And one question they never ask, they always say ah but when ignoring every question as an irrelevance.

Ask them why everyone should just stop playing by the rules, as its a lot easier to just ignore them, cheat and have no real punishment.

Whats the point in paying taxes, keeping their houses in order, when there's no need, if all we need to do is pay penny's in the pound?:confused:

Cheshire Hibee
18-04-2012, 05:31 PM
You doing it pal, I will listen in obviously if you are, but cant be bothered with that erse if not?

Yep sat waiting for the call got my stats to hand.

Bring it on :wink:

WarringtonHibee
18-04-2012, 05:37 PM

I've got a few cards up my sleeve to detect any false votes ;)

blackpoolhibs
18-04-2012, 05:40 PM
Yep sat waiting for the call got my stats to hand.

Bring it on :wink:

You will get the last 5 minutes if lucky, then no chance to take calls and it will not be mentioned again. :grr:

blackpoolhibs
18-04-2012, 05:53 PM
You will get the last 5 minutes if lucky, then no chance to take calls and it will not be mentioned again. :grr:

Told you. :rolleyes:

WarringtonHibee
18-04-2012, 05:57 PM
Told you. :rolleyes:

There was so much more to say from the stats, including non-OF stats!

:grr::grr:

blackpoolhibs
18-04-2012, 06:01 PM
There was so much more to say from the stats, including non-OF stats!

:grr::grr:

Neil lennons behaviour is much more important than what scottish fans think of the game. :rolleyes:

Cheshire Hibee
18-04-2012, 06:15 PM

Would have been happy with 5 think I got 2 no chance to expand on questions though I did **** up on first didnt see it coming :grr:

JeMeSouviens
18-04-2012, 06:29 PM
Would have been happy with 5 think I got 2 no chance to expand on questions though I did **** up on first didnt see it coming :grr:

Lucky if you got 2 seconds. Practically the only stat picked up on was what 36% of Huns want by Gordon Smith. :rolleyes:

Saorsa
18-04-2012, 06:31 PM
Would have been happy with 5 think I got 2 no chance to expand on questions though I did **** up on first didnt see it coming :grr:Sorry I read about you being on earlier then I missed it, what happened? Did they fob you off?

John_the_angus_hibby
18-04-2012, 06:50 PM

Fantastic work mate. Can't, or rather shouldn't be ignored. Either will be used to help save Scottish football or as a footnote on it's demise. If this is ignored, those who are making these decisions should be shot; metaphorically speaking of course.

Sent from another universe!

Cheshire Hibee
18-04-2012, 07:40 PM

Edit:

EEN
Scotsman
Dundee Courier
Dundee Eve Telegraph
Aberdeen P&J
Aberdeen Evening Express
Glasgow Herald
Glasgow Evening Times

See if any get in touch.

Cheers for that might give them a jog I had emailed most of them Friday night but got no response.

Cheshire Hibee
18-04-2012, 07:50 PM
Sorry I read about you being on earlier then I missed it, what happened? Did they fob you off?

Lucky if i got 2 minutes at the end of the show one thing did get across though to be fair with their help was that 54% said they would walk away even managed to tell Jim Spence his team Dundee Utd at 62% one of the highest with Aberdeen at 66%.

We are looking to put together Press packs broken down by club and response figures with & without Old Firm with graphs etc at the end to distribute to the media and to clubs & SFA/SPL boards.

We will close this survey at 18:00 Monday 23rd April that gives us time to pull it all together and get it out to clubs etc.

In the meantime can you copy & paste a link to your facebook& twitter accounts and add it to any emails or texts you send out encouraging people to respond.

http:www.splsurvey.co.uk

Saorsa
18-04-2012, 07:57 PM
Lucky if i got 2 minutes at the end of the show one thing did get across though to be fair with their help was that 54% said they would walk away even managed to tell Jim Spence his team Dundee Utd at 62% one of the highest with Aberdeen at 66%.

We are looking to put together Press packs broken down by club and response figures with & without Old Firm with graphs etc at the end to distribute to the media and to clubs & SFA/SPL boards.

We will close this survey at 18:00 Monday 23rd April that gives us time to pull it all together and get it out to clubs etc.

In the meantime can you copy & paste a link to your facebook& twitter accounts and add it to any emails or texts you send out encouraging people to respond.

http:www.splsurvey.co.uk (http://www.splsurvey.co.uk)

:thumbsup::aok:

WarringtonHibee
19-04-2012, 09:52 AM
Here are the latest results as of 10:20, Thursday 19th April 2012
This page will be updated at least twice daily.
There have been a total of 12838 responses.

No (12293) - 95.75%
Yes (545) - 4.25%

I would continue to attend SPL fixtures as normal (1512) - 11.78%
I would NOT attend any SPL fixtures at all (6734) - 52.45%
I would continue to attend SPL fixtures but boycott any fixtures involving the Rangers Newco (4148) - 32.31%
I support an SFL team so don't attend any SPL fixtures (444) - 3.46%

Yes (4808) - 37.45%
No (8030) - 62.55%

Need more votes! Keep telling people and emailing u2us@skysports.com!

Cheshire Hibee
19-04-2012, 10:11 AM
Here are the latest results as of 10:20, Thursday 19th April 2012
This page will be updated at least twice daily.
There have been a total of 12838 responses.

No (12293) - 95.75%
Yes (545) - 4.25%

I would continue to attend SPL fixtures as normal (1512) - 11.78%
I would NOT attend any SPL fixtures at all (6734) - 52.45%
I would continue to attend SPL fixtures but boycott any fixtures involving the Rangers Newco (4148) - 32.31%
I support an SFL team so don't attend any SPL fixtures (444) - 3.46%

Yes (4808) - 37.45%
No (8030) - 62.55%

Need more votes! Keep telling people and emailing u2us@skysports.com!

Jim White presenting on Sky Sports News now!!!!! Be a good time to hammer u2us@skysports.com asking questions about the survey.:devil:

Saorsa
19-04-2012, 10:17 AM
Jim White presenting on Sky Sports News now!!!!! Be a good time to hammer u2us@skysports.com asking questions about the survey.:devil:sent :aok:

blackpoolhibs
19-04-2012, 11:32 AM
Again it seems any broadcaster in scotland presented with evidence that does not sit well with the glasgow media, is hardly given any air time at all. Tonight we will get the same old sheite about how hard a time lemons having, and how sally has met another bidder and supports that one too.

Whichever way you look at this survey, there's a lot of folk willing to walk away from scottish football, and they are virtually ignoring that. If its not old firm related, they dont give a toss.

WarringtonHibee
19-04-2012, 11:33 AM
http://www.thecourier.co.uk/Sport/Football/article/22268/online-fan-survey-delivers-newco-warning-for-rangers-and-spl.html

Phil MaGlass
19-04-2012, 01:00 PM
Now might be a good time to shut the voting down?
It sends a strong message to SPL, SFA and BUNS.

Cheshire Hibee
19-04-2012, 01:24 PM
Now might be a good time to shut the voting down?
It sends a strong message to SPL, SFA and BUNS.

We are closing it at 1800 Monday.

Just watch this space Have a feeling there might be something that might just send these figures rocketing. :wink:

sparky
19-04-2012, 01:30 PM

I always get the podcast. Just skipped through the one from the 18th and didn't hear anything about the survey. Just a lot of hot air about team Gb and Mick McCarthy talking about Fletcher. Is that the same show you spoke on? presented by Jim Spence, with Chick Young, Gordon Smith and Gerry Hassan? If so it ends abruptly with McCarthy's call. Is the Beeb going all Big Brother on us?

Cheshire Hibee
19-04-2012, 01:45 PM
I always get the podcast. Just skipped through the one from the 18th and didn't hear anything about the survey. Just a lot of hot air about team Gb and Mick McCarthy talking about Fletcher. Is that the same show you spoke on? presented by Jim Spence, with Chick Young, Gordon Smith and Gerry Hassan? If so it ends abruptly with McCarthy's call. Is the Beeb going all Big Brother on us?

Yeah that's the show though suspect I might get more airtime soon. :wink:

blackpoolhibs
19-04-2012, 02:33 PM
Can we put questions here you'd like to ask those in charge about this, should those running this survey be asked to speak with the big wigs at Hampden? :wink:

Cheshire Hibee
19-04-2012, 02:38 PM
Can we put questions here you'd like to ask those in charge about this, should those running this survey be asked to speak with the big wigs at Hampden? :wink:

Good idea Gary you never know I might just get a wee invite.:wink:

Cheshire Hibee
20-04-2012, 10:09 AM
Again it seems any broadcaster in scotland presented with evidence that does not sit well with the glasgow media, is hardly given any air time at all. Tonight we will get the same old sheite about how hard a time lemons having, and how sally has met another bidder and supports that one too.

Whichever way you look at this survey, there's a lot of folk willing to walk away from scottish football, and they are virtually ignoring that. If its not old firm related, they dont give a toss.

Seems not everybody is ignoring us.

I can now reveal I have been invited to a meeting at Hampden on Tuesday 24th April with Neil Doncaster & Iain Blair the SPL's Operations Director to discuss the survey results.

The survey closes at 1800 Monday response so far has been great just short of 13,500 can we have a massive push to try to get it past 15,000 by the time it closes.

Thanks for the support. :thumbsup:

Saorsa
20-04-2012, 10:12 AM

I can now reveal I have been invited to a meeting at Hampden on Tuesday 24th April with Neil Doncaster & Iain Blair the SPL's Operations Directot to discuss the survey results.

The survey closes at 1800 Monday response so far has been great just short of 13,500 can we have a massive push to try to get it past 15,000 by the time it closes.

Thanks for the support. :thumbsup:You've probably been invited so those OF stooges can tell you how important the OF tae the TV deal and how £20 Million will be lost if they're not there :rolleyes:

Dinnae be accepting any of their pish or let them rubbish your good work and get them telt. :agree:

TheEastTerrace
20-04-2012, 10:18 AM
You've probably been invited so those OF stooges can tell you how important the OF tae the TV deal and how £20 Million will be lost if they're not there :rolleyes:

Dinnae be accepting any of their pish or let them rubbish your good work and get them telt. :agree:

Hopefully the (questionable) mathematics that was applied to work out the loss of TV revenue for the SPL can also be applied to work out the impact of over 50% of each club's average attendance walking away from the sport. I would suggest that would tot up to well over £20m.

Also remember that Neil Doncaster has previous here. He was part of the Football League management who sanctioned the Leeds United 'newco'. When it comes to the crunch, let's just see if all the past year's bluster from Doncaster about making it a more fan-orientated sport actually has any substance. It's pretty clear that supporters are against the SPL.

dangermouse
20-04-2012, 10:51 AM

I can now reveal I have been invited to a meeting at Hampden on Tuesday 24th April with Neil Doncaster & Iain Blair the SPL's Operations Director to discuss the survey results.

Thanks for the support. :thumbsup:

Don't be eating any of that succulent lamb that may be on offer. :greengrin

mickki40
20-04-2012, 11:11 AM
Great news... don't accept any flannel from them. This is more likely a publicity stunt for the S.F.A. saying " we don't ignore fans" etc. Then just go against what real fans are voting for. We know Scottish football has been a joke for years, the SFA cosying up to Sky sports for a deal so they can keep their own jobs. Where is Sky sports in all this????? Exactly. Not even having the courtesy to answer e mails on an issue as important as this. This unbiased Media is also a F*****g Joke. I have a 22 year old daughter who lives in England and can see what goes on In Scotland, and she doesn't even watch football. It is about time Hampden grew a massive set and Said No to a Newco. But you bet your ass they will go against any survey. "This is just the beginning"

Don Giovanni
20-04-2012, 12:52 PM

Mikeystewart
20-04-2012, 12:58 PM
We are closing it at 1800 Monday.

Just watch this space Have a feeling there might be something that might just send these figures rocketing. :wink:

Oh really? :greengrin

PatHead
20-04-2012, 02:14 PM
Have you tried Talksport?

TheEastTerrace
20-04-2012, 02:26 PM

Good point. If there is anything to be learnt from the Rangers situation, it is that some sections of the Scottish sports media cannot be trusted to ask the questions that matter and bring about change that is in the interests of the sport, not the selfish interests of club owners.

Cheshire Hibee
20-04-2012, 04:09 PM
Good point. If there is anything to be learnt from the Rangers situation, it is that some sections of the Scottish sports media cannot be trusted to ask the questions that matter and bring about change that is in the interests of the sport, not the selfish interests of club owners.

Tried the talksport phone in earlier in week no joy.

Looking good to hit 14,000 by end of today, gives us weekend then to hopefully boost it past 15k & beyond.

Lot of paper to dump on Mr Doncasters desk hope it can take the weight.

Saorsa
20-04-2012, 04:43 PM
Tried the talksport phone in earlier in week no joy.

Looking good to hit 14,000 by end of today, gives us weekend then to hopefully boost it past 15k & beyond.

Lot of paper to dump on Mr Doncasters desk hope it can take the weight.Tae be safe maybe best put it on his chair, it can certainly take the weight.

WarringtonHibee
21-04-2012, 10:00 AM
Overnight we shot past 14,000 responses!

Right, it's the football this weekend, so if you're going the match, tell at least 2 pals and urge them to do the survey, tell them to get their smartphones out and get it done pronto! And urge them to tell more pals at the match, at the pub before and after the match. If enough word of mouth gets around the grounds and pubs today I'm sure we could pass 15,000 tonight!

Also, everyone please keep e-mailing u2us@skysports.com and make them take notice, they reported on a pointless survey of 1,650 people about wether or not they care about the olympics, yet are ignoring what is now 14,000 Scottish football fans?! Get 'em telt!

Here's this morning stats:

There have been a total of 14073 responses.

No (13487) - 95.84%
Yes (586) - 4.16%

I would continue to attend SPL fixtures as normal (1661) - 11.80%
I would NOT attend any SPL fixtures at all (7310) - 51.94%
I would continue to attend SPL fixtures but boycott any fixtures involving the Rangers Newco (4570) - 32.47%
I support an SFL team so don't attend any SPL fixtures (532) - 3.78%

Yes (5404) - 38.40%
No (8669) - 61.60%

http://www.splsurvey.co.uk

Moulin Yarns
21-04-2012, 11:14 AM
email sent to Sky, suggesting if they continue to support the view that Rangers FC must be in the SPL then they are likely to lose a large number of subscribers north of the border.

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-04-2012, 01:07 PM

Keys and Gray seem to have a half hour Rangers love-in most days without actually adressing any of the important issues regarding the current situation.

Have you sent it to Channel 4 News' Mr Thomson?

HibeeDaz6270
21-04-2012, 01:22 PM
email sent to Sky, suggesting if they continue to support the view that Rangers FC must be in the SPL then they are likely to lose a large number of subscribers north of the border.
Hopefully a few people do the same :agree:

WindyMiller
21-04-2012, 03:14 PM
Plenty coverage on "Off the Bawl".

Well done.

:aok:

Cheshire Hibee
23-04-2012, 11:32 AM
Number of response's now stands at 15,363.

Survey will close at 1800 tonight, we have started preparing the packs which will be sent to all SPL clubs.

And I have the opportunity to hand Mr Doncaster his personally.

Lets give him 16,000 reasons to listen.

Just came of the phone to Brian Marjoribanks from the Scottish Daily Mail the are looking to do an article on the survey in tomorrows edition ahead of our meeting with Neil Doncaster.

Beefster
23-04-2012, 11:48 AM

Survey will close at 1800 tonight, we have started preparing the packs which will be sent to all SPL clubs.

Just came of the phone to Brian Marjoribanks from the Scottish Daily Mail the are looking to do an article on the survey in tomorrows edition ahead of our meeting with Neil Doncaster.

Fantastic work, CH. It's evidently made a real difference.

TheEastTerrace
23-04-2012, 11:54 AM

Nice one - this is exactly the message the SPL and SFA need. If they don't heed the warning, the game's a bogey.

Great that the Daily Mail are interested. I think contacting Alex Thomson (Channel 4) is worth a shout too. He's been very impartial and allowed all sides to contribute.

WarringtonHibee
23-04-2012, 04:25 PM
Survey closes in just over 30 minutes, if anyone hasn't done it yet get it done! And post it on Twitter, Facebook or fire some text messages off!

http://splsurvey.co.uk (http://splsurvey.co.uk/)

Over 16,300 responses.

Cheshire Hibee
23-04-2012, 05:36 PM
Fantastic work, CH. It's evidently made a real difference.

On BBC Sportsound at approx 1845 to discuss final response to survey.

BBC Reporting Scotland doing a piece outside Hampden after meeting tomorrow.

Capital FM possibly doing a piece with me prior to meeting tomorrow. :thumbsup:

BEEJ
23-04-2012, 05:52 PM
Survey closes in just over 30 minutes, if anyone hasn't done it yet get it done! And post it on Twitter, Facebook or fire some text messages off!

Over 16,300 responses.
Great effort, WH.

Well done! :applause:

Cheshire Hibee
23-04-2012, 05:55 PM
On BBC Sportsound at approx 1845 to discuss final response to survey.

BBC Reporting Scotland doing a piece outside Hampden after meeting tomorrow.

Capital FM possibly doing a piece with me prior to meeting tomorrow. :thumbsup:

Just had call from Sportsound they are squeezed for time so looking to have me on at half time on tonights match at about 2025.

Final total 16527

Saorsa
23-04-2012, 06:02 PM

Over 16,300 responses.

Final total 16527 well done tae you both for taking this on and doing a great job :agree:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/hands.gif

Moulin Yarns
23-04-2012, 07:31 PM
Listened in on sportsound. Well done.

semaj64
23-04-2012, 07:39 PM
Well done you came across well, lets hope other take note now

:aok::aok:

LancashireHibby
23-04-2012, 08:07 PM
Top effort to the pair of you. Anyone will to donate a cup final ticket to Cheshire Hibee in recognition of his hard work?! :wink:

...WentToMowAnSPL
23-04-2012, 08:12 PM

Absolutely brilliant work ! Well done :-) :thumbsup:

Cheshire Hibee
23-04-2012, 08:26 PM
Top effort to the pair of you. Anyone will to donate a cup final ticket to Cheshire Hibee in recognition of his hard work?! :wink:

I'm sure I'll be unindated with offers of Cup Final tickets from Hibees now !!!!:violin:

WarringtonHibee
23-04-2012, 08:27 PM

Hey, and me!

Viva_Palmeiras
23-04-2012, 09:04 PM
Good work guys.What's Regan gonna want to know ? Who you are, why you're doing it who you work for?Will he be interested in how you collected and verified the info, unlike the SNP ensured there were not repeat submissions looking for a flaw in the process and to discredit/dismiss the stats ?Good luck!!!

Viva_Palmeiras
23-04-2012, 09:08 PM
Good work guys.What's Regan gonna want to know ? Who you are, why you're doing it who you work for?Will he be interested in how you collected and verified the info, unlike the SNP ensured there were not repeat submissions looking for a flaw in the process and to discredit/dismiss the stats ?Good luck!!!*Doncaster

WarringtonHibee
23-04-2012, 09:16 PM
Good work guys.What's Regan gonna want to know ? Who you are, why you're doing it who you work for?Will he be interested in how you collected and verified the info, unlike the SNP ensured there were not repeat submissions looking for a flaw in the process and to discredit/dismiss the stats ?Good luck!!!

I have my methods! :agree:

PatHead
23-04-2012, 10:54 PM
Well done guys.Sazfe journey north. Look forward to hearing the outcome of your meeting.

WarringtonHibee
24-04-2012, 12:41 AM
http://distilleryimage8.instagram.com/28f1ba828da611e1ab011231381052c0_7.jpg

Ready. :thumbsup:

PDF version of this report will be available tomorrow after 3PM.

frazeHFC
24-04-2012, 12:43 AM
http://distilleryimage8.instagram.com/28f1ba828da611e1ab011231381052c0_7.jpg

Ready. :thumbsup:

PDF version of this report will be available tomorrow after 3PM.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

down the slope
24-04-2012, 07:14 AM
Well done for all the hard work and lets hope the powers that be have the courage to listen to what the fans are saying although if i am correct the decision on where any newco will play is made by the SPL board , have a look at who makes up the board and see which way the majority would vote http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.asp?page=s30

blackpoolhibs
24-04-2012, 10:49 AM
Is there a link to this, missed it last night and would like to listen?

JeMeSouviens
24-04-2012, 04:46 PM
Published result:

http://www.splsurvey.co.uk/SPL_SURVEY_Newco-FFP-Results.pdf

Top work, Warrington and Cheshire. Well presented and unequivocal in its findings! :top marks (and they included my comment. :thumbsup:).

Hope you stuck it to Doncaster, looking forward to hearing how it went.

snooky
24-04-2012, 06:00 PM
Well done for all the hard work and lets hope the powers that be have the courage to listen to what the fans are saying although if i am correct the decision on where any newco will play is made by the SPL board , have a look at who makes up the board and see which way the majority would vote http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.asp?page=s30

Oh dear :rolleyes:

:ostrich::ostrich::ostrich::fez::ostrich::ostrich:

hhibs
24-04-2012, 07:28 PM

erse

Gingertosser
25-04-2012, 11:11 AM
How did the meeting go ?

JeMeSouviens
25-04-2012, 12:03 PM
Starting to get some traction in the media:

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/moving-goalposts-will-anger-supporters.17409202

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/rangers/304809-fans-threaten-spl-boycott-if-rangers-newco-is-given-free-pass-into-league/

:aok:

JeMeSouviens
25-04-2012, 12:14 PM
Oh dear, the Huns aren't happy. :wink:

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=218036

Don Giovanni
25-04-2012, 12:32 PM
Well done to Warrington and Cheshire (and everyone else who has contributed). Clearly a power of work has gone into the collection of data and its presentation.

The message is clear...

...now we have to hope / believe that the powers that be will be receptive and act in good faith for the future of Scottish football.

Saorsa
25-04-2012, 01:41 PM

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=218036:greengrin :thumbsup:

boo ****in' hoo :dummytit::boo hoo:

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-04-2012, 01:59 PM
STV have been the best sports reporters for the past year, really?

I'm sure what the boy meant was they've been best at telling Rangers Loyal Fans what they want to hear!

Killiehibbie
25-04-2012, 02:24 PM
I'm sure I'll be unindated with offers of Cup Final tickets from Hibees now !!!!:violin:
Posted Today, 11:31 AM
Well the guy who made the survey and the website was certainly easy to find. The internet is a scary place http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

Taken from rangers media. Maybe they want to send you something in the post:eek:

neilmartinrocks
25-04-2012, 02:43 PM

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=218036

so they are, in a nutshell, saying "big boy done it and ran away" and "if we don't get away with all the lying, thieving and cheating scottish football is ****ed"
listen you cheated you got caught and if you do get away with it scottish fooballs ****ed anyways.

Gingertosser
26-04-2012, 08:22 AM
is the meeting still ongoing :confused:

HibbyRod
26-04-2012, 01:03 PM
is the meeting still ongoing :confused:

I have been wondering this too with :confused:

Perhaps the guys have discovered some details from Doncaster, etc., that will have to remain confidential until things come out into the open? :dunno:

JeMeSouviens
26-04-2012, 01:31 PM
Statement on SPL survey site:

Important News: About our meeting with the SPL

We met with Neil Doncaster & Iain Blair yesterday we presented them with a 37 page document which clearly demonstrates the feelings of 16,527 Scottish football supporters.

We had a frank discussion and exchanged views however they made it clear it was a private meeting therefore the contents of the meeting cannot be posted on an open forum. However the fact remains 95% of those who responded say a resounding no to a Newco gaining direct entry to the SPL and 52% of fans say they would not attend SPL games if it did happen.

The clubs have all been given access to the results and it is for them now to decide to listen or to ignore their fans.

We now have to wait to see what the outcome is and reflect on the actions of our clubs.

Thank you to all who participated, we'd like to ask another question in the future on an issue relevant to all fans, such as perhaps kick off times, pricing or even what people think about the current league structure, are people for or against a 16 team SPL for example?

Beefster
26-04-2012, 01:36 PM
Statement on SPL survey site:

"however they made it clear it was a private meeting therefore the contents of the meeting cannot be posted on an open forum."

Sort of negates the goodwill that they gained for agreeing to the meeting IMHO. What was the point of the meeting (as opposed to just posting them a copy of the report) if it wasn't to start dialogue with the supporters of Scottish football? Makes it sound like the meeting was to persuade CH and co of the SFA's view rather than the other way around.

Caversham Green
26-04-2012, 01:38 PM
"however they made it clear it was a private meeting therefore the contents of the meeting cannot be posted on an open forum."

Sort of negates the goodwill that they bought for agreeing to the meeting IMHO. What was the point of the meeting (as opposed to just posting them a copy) if it wasn't to start dialogue with the supporters of Scottish football?

:agree: That immediately makes me suspicious of Doncaster and Blair's motives for calling the meeting in the first place.

Good work by the guys involved, but I hope they can give some hints as to how the meeting went.

Gingertosser
26-04-2012, 01:43 PM
Reminds me of the Hearts reps who went to meet Vlad, but didn't bother to tell the fans certain revelations, just in case it upset them.

It's a public survey, surely the meeting has to be public.

I would have just said theres no point in having the meeting.

oh.... one other thing, the fans have already voted on the league set up, they ignored it !!!

jonty
26-04-2012, 02:09 PM

Sort of negates the goodwill that they gained for agreeing to the meeting IMHO. What was the point of the meeting (as opposed to just posting them a copy of the report) if it wasn't to start dialogue with the supporters of Scottish football? Makes it sound like the meeting was to persuade CH and co of the SFA's view rather than the other way around.

get it posted on the PM board then :greengrin

Sean1875
26-04-2012, 02:13 PM
get it posted on the PM board then :greengrin

Agreed :aok::greengrin

Fergus52
26-04-2012, 03:19 PM
was reported live on sky sports news just now, anyone else see it?

TamHibs
26-04-2012, 04:14 PM
Dear Mr Doncaster

I would like to forward onto you, the concerns of myself and I believe that of the wider Rangers fanbase, the impartiality of the SPL Surveys questionnaire.

It has come our attention, that this survey is somewhat flawed, in that only 2% of Rangers fans have actually responded to the survey, in stark contrast to the 40% of Celtic fans. With fans forums being easily accessible over the internet, we are able to view rival message boards to see that there is a concerted campaign to, and I choose not to mince my words here, destroy Rangers. This is evident by the numerous amount of fake pledges to the 'SaveRangers' website by other fans, to give a grossly inflated perception of how much money a share issue would raise if Rangers were to be under fan ownership. This campaign is also evident by the responses sent to the SPL survey, with no purpose other than to ruin Rangers as a club.
What I ask is that the above facts are taken into account. As of yet, Rangers have not been found guilty of either dual contracts for players or the EBT case. In fact, Rangers as a club have been guilty of nothing other than having an owner who has lead Rangers onto this perilous path we currently find ourselves on. Sir David Murray sold Rangers to the charlatan that is Craig Whyte. As to whether he knew what this would lead to is debatable, but it is undeniable now that Craig Whyte had his own self interests in mind rather than them of the club he owned.
Rangers never had a functioning board when Craig Whyte settled in. There was no-one there to question his unscrupulous actions, as he had suspended anyone with the authority to do so. Rangers fans do not support Craig Whyte, they support Rangers. This is where the difference lies. Craig Whyte's actions weren't representative of the club that he owned but of himself. We are shocked that this is not recognised and that the club continue to be punished for the acts of a single person.
It is our view that the SFA and SPL are happy to carry on with the theme set up by the Celtic fans, as mentioned above. This is not due to paranoia but due to the draconian and extreme punitive measures carried out by both organisations, where it seems that Rangers should be punished for the actions of individuals. We believe that while the SPL and the SFA do not wish to see Rangers cease to exist, mainly due to the economical and commercial impact this would have on Scottish football, there are serious questions to be asked about why such actions have been taken by the named organisations.
As you have probably seen, Rangers fans are organising their own concerted campaign to counteract those unjust actions by the SPL and the SFA. Some teams in the SPL are perilously close to financial ruin themselves, and while it is regrettable, a mass boycott of SFA and SPL sponsors, as well as the clubs is being drawn up.
I would ask every member of the SPL and SFA to look at the bigger picture here. It is well publicised that the current Sky deal is dependant on there being 4 Old Firms each season. It is known that a lot of the teams in the SPL rely on both this money and money from away gates to survive. Your future actions will ultimately decide the future of Scottish football as we know it. Survival or suicide. Please don't make the wrong choice.

Kind Regards

Dear Mr Doncaster, It has been brought to my attention that your recent Fans' Survey is somewhat flawed, for the want of a better description. Should the SPL go ahead with their plans for further sanctions on Rangers FC, I will be setting up a co-ordinated approach to the SPL's activities by, hopefully, thousands of fans of Rangers FC and neutral football supporters in which the details of this survey will be made public, and a concerted effort by all will be made to ensure that the SPL suffer financially at the hands of such football fans. I'm sure you will no doubt be aware that we, as fans of Rangers FC, and indeed, Scottish Football, have already started with our campaign against various companies and businesses who sponsor the SFA. The SPL will suffer the same treatment should they be found to be dealing with our club in an unjust manner, and not inline with their treatment of all other Scottish clubs. I trust you will take the above into consideration if and when your Association decide to impose further sanctions on our club.

Kindest Regards

What a couple of pricks :agree:

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?43mmf3

JeMeSouviens
26-04-2012, 04:20 PM
Should the SPL go ahead with their plans for further sanctions on Rangers FC, I will be setting up a co-ordinated approach to the SPL's activities by, hopefully, thousands of fans of Rangers FC and neutral football supporters in which the details of this survey will be made public, and a concerted effort by all will be made to ensure that the SPL suffer financially at the hands of such football fans.

Best of luck with that one, amigo.

snooky
26-04-2012, 06:30 PM
The Quote -
"Dear Mr Doncaster

I would like to forward onto you, the concerns of myself and I believe that of the wider Rangers fanbase, the impartiality of the SPL Surveys questionnaire.

It has come our attention, that this survey is somewhat flawed, in that only 2% of Rangers fans have actually responded to the survey, in stark contrast to the 40% of Celtic fans. With fans forums being easily accessible over the internet, we are able to view rival message boards to see that there is a concerted campaign to, and I choose not to mince my words here, destroy Rangers. This is evident by the numerous amount of fake pledges to the 'SaveRangers' website by other fans, to give a grossly inflated perception of how much money a share issue would raise if Rangers were to be under fan ownership. This campaign is also evident by the responses sent to the SPL survey, with no purpose other than to ruin Rangers as a club.
What I ask is that the above facts are taken into account. As of yet, Rangers have not been found guilty of either dual contracts for players or the EBT case. In fact, Rangers as a club have been guilty of nothing other than having an owner who has lead Rangers onto this perilous path we currently find ourselves on. Sir David Murray sold Rangers to the charlatan that is Craig Whyte. As to whether he knew what this would lead to is debatable, but it is undeniable now that Craig Whyte had his own self interests in mind rather than them of the club he owned.
Rangers never had a functioning board when Craig Whyte settled in. There was no-one there to question his unscrupulous actions, as he had suspended anyone with the authority to do so. Rangers fans do not support Craig Whyte, they support Rangers. This is where the difference lies. Craig Whyte's actions weren't representative of the club that he owned but of himself. We are shocked that this is not recognised and that the club continue to be punished for the acts of a single person.
It is our view that the SFA and SPL are happy to carry on with the theme set up by the Celtic fans, as mentioned above. This is not due to paranoia but due to the draconian and extreme punitive measures carried out by both organisations, where it seems that Rangers should be punished for the actions of individuals. We believe that while the SPL and the SFA do not wish to see Rangers cease to exist, mainly due to the economical and commercial impact this would have on Scottish football, there are serious questions to be asked about why such actions have been taken by the named organisations.
As you have probably seen, Rangers fans are organising their own concerted campaign to counteract those unjust actions by the SPL and the SFA. Some teams in the SPL are perilously close to financial ruin themselves, and while it is regrettable, a mass boycott of SFA and SPL sponsors, as well as the clubs is being drawn up.
I would ask every member of the SPL and SFA to look at the bigger picture here. It is well publicised that the current Sky deal is dependant on there being 4 Old Firms each season. It is known that a lot of the teams in the SPL rely on both this money and money from away gates to survive. Your future actions will ultimately decide the future of Scottish football as we know it. Survival or suicide. Please don't make the wrong choice.
Kind Regards"

To be 'fair', the guy makes a valid point at the last line. However, I think we may differ on which way we read the survival/suicide choice.

PatHead
30-04-2012, 10:39 PM
I realise you guys put a lot of work into the survey and the meeting you had with Doncaster was private. It appears that he discussed it on Radio Scotland tonight- see Rangers in Admin tread- and commented as follows

Doncaster also appears to have sprung the same misinformation on the organiser of the SPL Survey, who the SPL chief was very dismissive off tonight, implying the organiser accepted his view after he explained “the facts”.

Is he the only one allowed to say what was said at the"private" meeting? Doesn't sound right but would be interested to know if you were aware he discussed your meeting on Radio Scotland.

If you are allowed to discuss the meeting now what nugget did change your thoughts with? I assume you will be able to find a link somewhere on Radio Scotland.

WarringtonHibee
30-04-2012, 10:49 PM
I realise you guys put a lot of work into the survey and the meeting you had with Doncaster was private. It appears that he discussed it on Radio Scotland tonight- see Rangers in Admin tread- and commented as follows

Doncaster also appears to have sprung the same misinformation on the organiser of the SPL Survey, who the SPL chief was very dismissive off tonight, implying the organiser accepted his view after he explained “the facts”.

Is he the only one allowed to say what was said at the"private" meeting? Doesn't sound right but would be interested to know if you were aware he discussed your meeting on Radio Scotland.

If you are allowed to discuss the meeting now what nugget did change your thoughts with? I assume you will be able to find a link somewhere on Radio Scotland.

Just rang my dad about that, when he's off his shift he'll have a listen to the podcast. He'll fire a reply on here in the morning.

:grr:

Cheshire Hibee
01-05-2012, 03:06 PM
Just rang my dad about that, when he's off his shift he'll have a listen to the podcast. He'll fire a reply on here in the morning.

:grr:

I've had an oppotunity to listen to the podcast and his comments about listening to the facts are somewhat distorted as the facts as he presented them may not be what they seem.

With regard to facts I have sent Mr Doncaster an email for clarification on some of the alledged facts he presented at the meeting and am awaiting his response.

In his radio interview he spoke of clubs exiting aministration through a CVA and reforming as a Newco however you will note he never talks about clubs who liquidate and reform as a Newco I wonder why?

I have also made him aware despite what my views are thay are irrelevant as I presented him with the views of 16,527 Scottish Football fans and it's their views that need to be heard not mine.

Hibrandenburg
06-05-2012, 12:21 PM
I've had an oppotunity to listen to the podcast and his comments about listening to the facts are somewhat distorted as the facts as he presented them may not be what they seem.

With regard to facts I have sent Mr Doncaster an email for clarification on some of the alledged facts he presented at the meeting and am awaiting his response.

In his radio interview he spoke of clubs exiting aministration through a CVA and reforming as a Newco however you will note he never talks about clubs who liquidate and reform as a Newco I wonder why?

I have also made him aware despite what my views are thay are irrelevant as I presented him with the views of 16,527 Scottish Football fans and it's their views that need to be heard not mine.

Any word on this Cheshire? Can you reveal what was said at the meeting?

blackpoolhibs
06-05-2012, 12:31 PM
As ever Doncaster wanting secrecy, cant imagine any reasons other than lies why he'd want this?

This survey was open to everyone, the meeting between those involved should be the same, why the secrecy Doncaster?

Why are we not all allowed to know what went on?

What do you have to hide? :confused::confused::confused:

Hibrandenburg
08-05-2012, 01:25 PM
All quiet here. You been got to by the UVF/UDA?

Cheshire Hibee
30-05-2012, 11:38 PM
All quiet here. You been got to by the UVF/UDA?

We may have gone quiet at SPL Fan Surveys but until things develop there isn't much we can do though we are monitoring the situation daily and I do have an invite to a further meeting which at this stage I don't believe is worthwhile until we see how things pan out re RFC.

Regarding our previous meeting with ND a lot of what was discussed has now been aired in the media, however there are some things that as of yet are not and in order to retain credibility you have to understand we will not bring them out into an open forum.

Hopefully you trust us and will respect our stance, the meeting was a learning curve which hopefully will benefit us in future.

We did however send this out to all SPL clubs ahead of todays meeting as a reminder we are still here and havent gone away and will continue to voice the opinion of Scottish Football Fans.

All club chairmen should think carefully on how the supporters of THEIR club will react in the event of a Newco club being allowed direct re-entry into the SPL.
A lot of statements have been made about how we need a strong Rangers in the SPL but ask yourself how strong will Rangers be if they are reformed as a Newco bear in mind under EUFA rules as a Newco they would not be eligible for European competition for three years therefore they would be denied significant revenue streams.
Would a Newco RFC command the attendances they currently receive or would we see a return to the crowds the pre David Murray era due to the fact a Newco RFC would not be as competitive.
Again there is speculation regarding the Sky TV deal which if statements suggest is dependent on four Old firm matches per season again would they be willing to pay as much knowing that they may not be as competitive.
Some Chairmen have already stated that they feel they need the revenue generated by the 1 or 2 visits from RFC dependent on whether they finish in the top 6 ask yourself if you vote to allow a Newco will this cover the loss of revenue you will suffer if as fans who took part in our survey state they will walk away from the SPL follow through on their threat and a large number of fans of other clubs are now saying they will boycott away matches of any club who votes for a Newco to allow this to happen.
We are in no way threatening clubs by our actions we are just passing on the thoughts of Scottish football fans from all clubs bear in mind 54% of fans of the 16527 fans who took part have said they will walk away can you as a club afford to take the risk.
You should also bear in mind that both members of the Old Firm had aspirations of leaving Scottish football in the not too distant past in search of a place in the EPL and given the opportunity as unlikely as it seems would they think twice about your club in those circumstances, no doubt we would hear how Scottish Football would benefit i.e. be more competitive etc surely there is an opportunity for you as club chairmen to bring about those changes for the benefit of all.
The Scottish game is dying and if you make the wrong decision then you will accelerate its demise through ignoring SPORTING INTEGRITY over finance.

BEEJ
31-05-2012, 07:29 AM
We did however send this out to all SPL clubs ahead of todays meeting as a reminder we are still here and havent gone away and will continue to voice the opinion of Scottish Football Fans.

All club chairmen should think carefully on how the supporters of THEIR club will react in the event of a Newco club being allowed direct re-entry into the SPL.
A lot of statements have been made about how we need a strong Rangers in the SPL but ask yourself how strong will Rangers be if they are reformed as a Newco bear in mind under EUFA rules as a Newco they would not be eligible for European competition for three years therefore they would be denied significant revenue streams.
Would a Newco RFC command the attendances they currently receive or would we see a return to the crowds the pre David Murray era due to the fact a Newco RFC would not be as competitive.
Again there is speculation regarding the Sky TV deal which if statements suggest is dependent on four Old firm matches per season again would they be willing to pay as much knowing that they may not be as competitive.
Some Chairmen have already stated that they feel they need the revenue generated by the 1 or 2 visits from RFC dependent on whether they finish in the top 6 ask yourself if you vote to allow a Newco will this cover the loss of revenue you will suffer if as fans who took part in our survey state they will walk away from the SPL follow through on their threat and a large number of fans of other clubs are now saying they will boycott away matches of any club who votes for a Newco to allow this to happen.
We are in no way threatening clubs by our actions we are just passing on the thoughts of Scottish football fans from all clubs bear in mind 54% of fans of the 16527 fans who took part have said they will walk away can you as a club afford to take the risk.
You should also bear in mind that both members of the Old Firm had aspirations of leaving Scottish football in the not too distant past in search of a place in the EPL and given the opportunity as unlikely as it seems would they think twice about your club in those circumstances, no doubt we would hear how Scottish Football would benefit i.e. be more competitive etc surely there is an opportunity for you as club chairmen to bring about those changes for the benefit of all.
The Scottish game is dying and if you make the wrong decision then you will accelerate its demise through ignoring SPORTING INTEGRITY over finance.
Excellent! Well done. :aok:

Hibrandenburg
31-05-2012, 08:07 AM
We may have gone quiet at SPL Fan Surveys but until things develop there isn't much we can do though we are monitoring the situation daily and I do have an invite to a further meeting which at this stage I don't believe is worthwhile until we see how things pan out re RFC.

Regarding our previous meeting with ND a lot of what was discussed has now been aired in the media, however there are some things that as of yet are not and in order to retain credibility you have to understand we will not bring them out into an open forum.

Hopefully you trust us and will respect our stance, the meeting was a learning curve which hopefully will benefit us in future.

Excellent post and keep up the good work.
Don't laugh, but I was seriously concerned that you might have been knobbled! Would not put anything past that manky mob.

jonty
31-05-2012, 08:08 AM
Have any of the clubs got back to you with anything constructive?