PDA

View Full Version : Planes, trains and automobiles to Scotland for the semi-final

lyonhibs
11-04-2012, 10:52 PM
Are any .netters on the 2pm service up on Friday afternoon from Kings Cross or the 2.30pm train back down on the Monday?

I expect I'll see some Hibbies milling about Kings Cross, certainly on the Friday.

On a more general note, where are people travelling from for the game? Where's the farthest afield people are leaving from? It's always impressive to see where people trek from for these big games.

WarringtonHibee
11-04-2012, 11:05 PM
A few of us coming up from Cheshire/Lancashire getting in for 11:03, notice it's the 6:05 Virgin London service so hopefully a few Hibees from London on there by the time we jump on at Warrington, Wigan, Preston etc... :thumbsup:

yeezus.
11-04-2012, 11:06 PM
Are any .netters on the 2pm service up on Friday afternoon from Kings Cross or the 2.30pm train back down on the Monday?

I expect I'll see some Hibbies milling about Kings Cross, certainly on the Friday.

On a more general note, where are people travelling from for the game? Where's the farthest afield people are leaving from? It's always impressive to see where people trek from for these big games.

From Aberdeen, although I'm travelling from Stranraer to Aberdeen on the Friday then from Aberdeen to Hampden on the Saturday GGTTH

essexhibee
11-04-2012, 11:08 PM
Easyjet flight late tommorow night from stansted then back down Monday morning. Making a weekend of it :thumbsup:. Pretty straightforward and not as impressive as the journey booked for our tartan army trip to Belgium in October! :greengrin

Keith_M
12-04-2012, 06:04 AM
Easyjet from Munich on Friday and heading back Sunday.

What's the prize for the farthest travelled glory-hunter? :greengrin

Fergos
12-04-2012, 06:16 AM
Driving up from London Friday morning.....do it most months so nothing too out of ordinary....cannae wait.

Hibernian - local national international - one Hibee nation under the groove!!!!!!!

Cmon the Hibs

HH81
12-04-2012, 06:39 AM
Train for me, leaving Halifax Friday after work. 1 night stop over then early train into Glasgow Saturday morning. Making weekend of it so not returning till Monday.

Pretty Boy
12-04-2012, 08:18 AM
Only travelling from Edinburgh but heading through on the Friday night.

Check into the hotel, swim and a sauna. Meet my mates, line the stomach then find a watering hole to sample some good old Glesga banter.

Newry Hibs
12-04-2012, 08:27 AM
Getting up (I hope) at almost the night before to get a 7.00 ferry from Larne to Troon and then train(s) to Hampden. Hopefully the match will keep me awake.

I'm much more excited then my 2 boys.

Green Man
12-04-2012, 08:30 AM
Just a short journey for me - bus into town then the 0911 train from Waverley to Central, quick change onto the Mount Florida train to get to the boozer for opening time. I canny wait :greengrin

OxoHibby
12-04-2012, 09:00 AM
Flying up from Heathrow on Sat morning.
Taxi to hampden hopefully in time for kick off. Couple of glesga beers to celebrate a win the fly back down to Heathrow in the evening.
Getting more excited by the day

lyonhibs
12-04-2012, 09:11 AM
Flying up from Heathrow on Sat morning.
Taxi to hampden hopefully in time for kick off. Couple of glesga beers to celebrate a win the fly back down to Heathrow in the evening.
Getting more excited by the day

Where have you been hiding these past 18 months!!??

We're on the telly box @ the end of April for the game vs St Midden - fancy a jaunt to Quinns in London, or trying somewhere here in Oxford to watch it? (unlikely I know)

OxoHibby
12-04-2012, 09:23 AM
Where have you been hiding these past 18 months!!??

We're on the telly box @ the end of April for the game vs St Midden - fancy a jaunt to Quinns in London, or trying somewhere here in Oxford to watch it? (unlikely I know)

Yeah i have been meaning to go to Quinns but never quite made it. I 'd be up for that. Yates in Reading also shows Scottish games as an option

cwilliamson85
13-04-2012, 12:26 PM
Tube from Kelvinhall to Buchanan st at 9:15ish. Counting house for large breakfast and 2 pints at 9:30 then head over to hampden.

Keith_M
13-04-2012, 12:35 PM
Tube from Kelvinhall to Buchanan st at 9:15ish. Counting house for large breakfast and 2 pints at 9:30 then head over to hampden.

I think you might be disappointed because I'm almost certain the Counting House doesn't sell booze at that time of the morning.

cwilliamson85
13-04-2012, 12:50 PM
That's where you are wrong. If you order a large breakfast you can also order up to 2 pints before the 11am serving time. I called and confirmed :)

DH1875
13-04-2012, 12:58 PM
That's where you are wrong. If you order a large breakfast you can also order up to 2 pints before the 11am serving time. I called and confirmed :)

Yip, as long as your having breakfast you can get a pint.

lyonhibs
13-04-2012, 01:22 PM
In 1st class en route North. Left LKC @ 2. Heineken open and tasting frankly scrumptious.

PatHead
13-04-2012, 01:42 PM
Yip, as long as your having breakfast you can get a pint.

That 8 breakfasts each then?