PDA

View Full Version : Boozers for SF?

007 Mickey Weir
11-04-2012, 03:39 PM
So we are parking near the ASDA at Toryglen then looking to find a good boozer. Any suggestions?

The Beechwood just off Aitken Rd? :flag:

Dinkydoo
11-04-2012, 05:33 PM
Looking for one too - not been to Hampden for a while and never really out drinking in Glasgow, away from the centre.

Myself and a mate are getting into Mt Florida station an hour or so before KO and could do with getting a quick pint or two before the game, to add to our 'road beers' from the journey up.......:greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
11-04-2012, 05:34 PM
How about a stop off in The Louden? I'm sure we'd be most welcome :greengrin

blueisthecolour
11-04-2012, 10:24 PM
Looking for one too - not been to Hampden for a while and never really out drinking in Glasgow, away from the centre.

Myself and a mate are getting into Mt Florida station an hour or so before KO and could do with getting a quick pint or two before the game, to add to our 'road beers' from the journey up.......:greengrin

Florida pk pub and the clockwork are next to the station.

Green Man
11-04-2012, 10:30 PM
The Beechwood and the Montford are the closest pubs to the Hibs end. I do like the sound of Clockwork though.

therealgavmac
11-04-2012, 10:33 PM
The Beechwood and the Montford are the closest pubs to the Hibs end. I do like the sound of Clockwork though.

As long as it's not orange :greengrin

jgl07
11-04-2012, 10:42 PM

I will probably go for the Montford because it is close to Hampden.

blueisthecolour
11-04-2012, 10:48 PM
I will probably go for the Montford because it is close to Hampden.

Montford and beechwood couple 100 yds from each other clockwork 5 min walk from hampden

Green Man
11-04-2012, 10:53 PM
Montford and beechwood couple 100 yds from each other clockwork 5 min walk from hampden

5 minutes for you - more like 10 for us as we've got to walk round to the other side of the ground :wink:

blueisthecolour
11-04-2012, 11:08 PM
5 minutes for you - more like 10 for us as we've got to walk round to the other side of the ground :wink:

It doesn't take 5 mins to walk from one end to the other, walk across car park takes 2 mins, so lets say 7 mins:wink:

nickwhibs
12-04-2012, 11:40 AM
Is there likely to be many folk at the boozers near Queen St? We're thinking of just going somewhere central then getting a taxi to the ground

DH1875
12-04-2012, 12:04 PM
Is there likely to be many folk at the boozers near Queen St? We're thinking of just going somewhere central then getting a taxi to the ground

If your drinking around central startion I'd just jump on the train instead of a taxi. If their doing special trains it's a hell of a lot quicker.

Green Man
12-04-2012, 12:18 PM
If your drinking around central startion I'd just jump on the train instead of a taxi. If their doing special trains it's a hell of a lot quicker.

Yeah, Mount Florida is only 10 minutes from Central on the train. Trains are every 15 minutes.

nickwhibs
12-04-2012, 12:20 PM

Cheers for the heads up. I wonder if we'd maybe be better just heading to one of the places near the ground to avoid any last minute hassle. It's just I remember the last time at Hampden it was a nightmare trying to get into them.

Green Man
12-04-2012, 12:32 PM
Cheers for the heads up. I wonder if we'd maybe be better just heading to one of the places near the ground to avoid any last minute hassle. It's just I remember the last time at Hampden it was a nightmare trying to get into them.

It's probably the best plan. Get out to Hampden before the pubs open so you should get in ok, then you're already in the area so you can just run from pub to ground.

DH1875
12-04-2012, 12:44 PM
Yeah, Mount Florida is only 10 minutes from Central on the train. Trains are every 15 minutes.

Football specials don't even take that long as there's no stops. You have to get off at the sheeps end though and walk down the hill. If there's segregation after the match it's a pain getting back though as you have to walk the long way round or go to the other station (no quick trains though).

Green Man
12-04-2012, 01:04 PM
Do they still do football specials? Can't see anything on the Scotrail website.

DH1875
12-04-2012, 03:47 PM
Do they still do football specials? Can't see anything on the Scotrail website.

Every other time we've been to Hampden they've been on, so I don't see why Saturday will be any different.