PDA

View Full Version : Saturday

Alex Trager
11-04-2012, 01:35 PM
Just had a delve on an Aberdeen forum, and realised that we haven't yet posted a thread on predictions ( i think). So.... what are your's? They all seem to be confident, i can't understand why, however, i think it is going to be a rubbish game, a two one win for the Hibby's.

PatHead
11-04-2012, 02:12 PM
Hibs 2-1, showing character coming from a goal down

yeezus.
11-04-2012, 02:21 PM
Hibs to win 1-0.

I don't think it will be much of a game either, the pair of us may have upped our game a wee bit so it can't be as bad as the Pittodrie game in December.:flag:

Pretty Boy
11-04-2012, 02:22 PM
An Aberdeen supporting mate of mine describe the last month or so as 'total hoofball' and also said they are carrying a few injuries and cup ties.

That's perked me up a bit so I'm going 2-1 Hibs.

Griffiths after about 27 mins after we weather an early storm, Sproulr after about an hour on the break after Aberdeen throw the kitchen sink at us at the start off the second half. We look like we should cruise it but this is Hibs so we lose a soft goal with about 15 to go and no one has any finger nails left come full time after 5 mins injury time.

RoxburghHibs
11-04-2012, 02:37 PM
An Aberdeen supporting mate of mine describe the last month or so as 'total hoofball' and also said they are carrying a few injuries and cup ties.

Gavin Rae is cup tied and Fyvie is just back from injury. Other than that I thought they were all ok?

Sean1875
11-04-2012, 02:45 PM
was alot more confident before they put 3 past Dundee United at the weekend thats for sure. :agree:

Alex Trager
11-04-2012, 03:20 PM
was alot more confident before they put 3 past Dundee United at the weekend thats for sure. :agree:
Mmm i never thought of that but now you mention it, it does bring a litttle nerve or two to me. But in reality they are a poor side, and we were better than UTD in the first half IMO. They were rubbish at Easter Road so i expect the same on saturday, i KNOW Hibs can play well enough to beat them when they try to.

Hibs7
11-04-2012, 03:23 PM
The goals against united were because of very poor defending, a bit like Hibs a few months ago.!!!!

Northernhibee
11-04-2012, 03:26 PM
One goal will win it.

I'll go 1-0, Ivan scoring if he's match fit and good to play :flag:

Dashing Bob S
11-04-2012, 03:27 PM
This one will go to extra time and pens - I'm certain of it. Then, who knows?

yeezus.
11-04-2012, 03:29 PM

Same, but apparently Dundee United were a real let down in comparison to their recent form.

Albanian Hibs
11-04-2012, 03:30 PM
2-0 hibees :agree:

libernian
11-04-2012, 03:48 PM
Mmm i never thought of that but now you mention it, it does bring a litttle nerve or two to me. But in reality they are a poor side, and we were better than UTD in the first half IMO. They were rubbish at Easter Road so i expect the same on saturday, i KNOW Hibs can play well enough to beat them when they try to.

probs the same as us in that game tbh... thought they were ok.

Dav1986
11-04-2012, 04:51 PM
This one will go to extra time and pens - I'm certain of it. Then, who knows?

That's my feelings on the game. 1 goal in 3 matches between the teams this season and even that was from a dodgy penalty.

Billy Whizz
11-04-2012, 04:56 PM
1st goals the winner

AustinHibee
11-04-2012, 04:58 PM
:greengrin1-0 Hibs G O'C

Broken Gnome
11-04-2012, 05:33 PM
Hibs on penalties. We're due a win against them, and a rotten nervy game will see us do it in the tightest margin possible.

Hibernia&Alba
11-04-2012, 05:39 PM
We're underdogs; Dons are playing well. Depends to what extent Hibs turn up. If we can keep up the tempo for the whole match, we can do it. A time for heart against head here : 2-1 Hibs!

Bobby's Cinema
11-04-2012, 05:46 PM
We're underdogs; Dons are playing well. Depends to what extent Hibs turn up. If we can keep up the tempo for the whole match, we can do it. A time for heart against head here : 2-1 Hibs!
1 win in 8 in the league. Nothing to fear. Two teams with no consistency whatsoever. Someone said it further up, first goal the winner IMO

Hibernia&Alba
11-04-2012, 05:50 PM
1 win in 8 in the league. Nothing to fear. Two teams with no consistency whatsoever. Someone said it further up, first goal the winner IMO

Is that right? I thought they were going better than that. Well in that case 5-1 Hibs :greengrin

erin go bragh
11-04-2012, 06:02 PM
Have to disagree with the dons are playing well bit, as they had lost 3 on the bounce before beating utd [ 3rd time this season] so just utd`s bogey team :greengrin a bit like hearts for us :cb .

Aberdeen`s away record is poor , ours is decent ,[compared to our home form] so its a great chance for us to right a few wrongs against them in semis/finals .

Cmon the famous Hibernian :pfgwa
ggtth

3pm
11-04-2012, 06:05 PM
1st goals the winner

Agreed.

One goal in 3 games this season?!

Mikey
11-04-2012, 08:35 PM
Hibs win :thumbsup:

frazeHFC
11-04-2012, 08:38 PM
I honestly have no idea, i think it will go to extra time.

SteveHFC
11-04-2012, 08:42 PM
It will go to Pens and we will win :cb

essexhibee
11-04-2012, 11:12 PM
Either a 1-0 win for either side or it will go to penalties and hibs will win. Think it will be a close match that will be won by a single goal

ekhibee
12-04-2012, 12:51 AM
To me the 2 particularly weak links in the team are Stack and Hanlon, if we can protect both of them we might get something out of it. And before somebody says Stack had a great game on Sunday, well it'll take a lot more than that to convince me.

Pretty Boy
12-04-2012, 07:55 AM
Gavin Rae is cup tied and Fyvie is just back from injury. Other than that I thought they were all ok?

Osbourbe and Milsom struggling, Anderson not match fit and some guy Folly/Foley? Also injured.

Craig_in_Prague
12-04-2012, 08:02 AM
I'm hopeful, possibly even optimistic, but not expectant.

I seen some good signs against Motherwell... some nice attacking moves and although Griffiths doesn't score enough for my liking, he's quick and a handful for defences... whilst O'Connor looked a lot better and he always has a good finish in him. Our defence looks more solid, balls into the box and over the top are generally dealt with quite well (thanks to McPake)... and Kujabi and Doherty whenever they can get forward do add some quality and width. Our midfield individually are decent enough but we are someway from retaining the ball like most other teams and the support to our strikers is poor, leaving them a lot to do on their own. Perhaps Claros will come in on Sat to replace Lewis, and give a good performance on the bigger stage. Sproule was v. good last week and more of the same would be great this week. We also have pace in O'Donavon to come on, so we have options on the bench if need be.

Aberdeen have to be slight favourites, but we deep down have gotta have a good feeling about this one.

Hainan Hibs
12-04-2012, 08:43 AM
With our record in penalty shoot-outs I hope it does go to pens:agree:

johnrebus
12-04-2012, 08:51 AM
Can't see any reason for being confident about winning on Saturday.

We'll take the lead and then lose 2-1.

Same old, same old.

:boo hoo:

R'Albin
12-04-2012, 10:50 AM
Osbourbe and Milsom struggling, Anderson not match fit and some guy Folly/Foley? Also injured.

Folly has been out for over a year now I think, ankle injury, my Grandpa who's a sheep fan reckons it could be career ending.

JennaFletcher
12-04-2012, 11:06 AM
2-2 then Penalties

A lot more of an exciting game than we'll think.

Hibs to win Penalties

:flag: