To the SPL

Welcome :aok:

Another day out in the Highlands next season :party:

down-the-slope
10-04-2012, 09:22 PM
To the SPL

Well Done our EX Asst manager :greengrin and Welcome County...

Inverness 4 times next season then...if they don't get ground sorted in time

Can we not just play one Friday night the other on Mon/Tuesday night and jsut stay up there for a couple of days :aok:

frazeHFC
10-04-2012, 09:23 PM
:thumbsup:

And down-the-slope that would be amazing! :greengrin

matty_f
10-04-2012, 09:27 PM

Can we not just play one Friday night the other on Mon/Tuesday night and jsut stay up there for a couple of days :aok:

That's a great shout!

--------
10-04-2012, 09:33 PM
To the SPL

We'd better get ourselves sorted out before August, then.

County are a sight better team than Dunfermline and Adams has a point to prove.

Eyrie
10-04-2012, 09:51 PM
Congratulations to Adams.

We need to improve for next season anyway, so this doesn't change anything.

Jonnyboy
10-04-2012, 09:53 PM
Anyone else think we should have kept Adams and punted CC? :wink:

Eyrie
10-04-2012, 09:55 PM
Yes.

But hadn't Adams already gone back north before Calderwood starting looking at his sweeties?

magpie1892
10-04-2012, 09:58 PM

I interviewed Jimmy Calderwood a couple of days ago for one of the red tops this coming weekend. Not sure if they'll print all of what he said about Adams but it wasn't very complimentary. Basically said DA rubbed everyone at the club up the wrong way, was very arrogant, and basically got sacked as no-one wanted to work with him.

Jonnyboy
10-04-2012, 10:00 PM
Yes.

But hadn't Adams already gone back north before Calderwood starting looking at his sweeties?

Probably but I've changed my mind after reading the post below :greengrin

I interviewed Jimmy Calderwood a couple of days ago for one of the red tops this coming weekend. Not sure if they'll print what he said about Adams but it wasnt' very complimentary at all. Said he rubbed everyone at the club up the wrong way, was very arrogant, and basically got sacked.

Dunno what shocks me more J - what JC said or the fact that you've done work for a red top :greengrin

magpie1892
10-04-2012, 10:01 PM
Probably but I've changed my mind after reading the post below :greengrin

Dunno what shocks me more J - what JC said or the fact that you've done work for a red top :greengrin

I'm just a merc, JC, you know that. Besides, I'd never been to Deventer before - nice wee trip to the country.

Jonnyboy
10-04-2012, 10:01 PM
I'm just a merc, JC, you know that. Besides, I'd never been to Deventer before - nice wee trip to the country.

:greengrin You're a merc right enough :wink:

magpie1892
10-04-2012, 10:03 PM
:greengrin You're a merc right enough :wink:

Err... :wink:

Eyrie
10-04-2012, 10:04 PM
I interviewed Jimmy Calderwood a couple of days ago for one of the red tops this coming weekend. Not sure if they'll print all of what he said about Adams but it wasn't very complimentary. Basically said DA rubbed everyone at the club up the wrong way, was very arrogant, and basically got sacked as no-one wanted to work with him.
But they still took him back six months later when Jimmy's contract expired :confused:

magpie1892
10-04-2012, 10:08 PM
But they still took him back six months later when Jimmy's contract expired :confused:

He rubbed everyone at Hibs up the wrong way. And his dad's the director of football at County. You do the math, as they say.

Should be in the paper on Saturday. Just buy it. You know which one. I won't tell anybody.

Cabbage East
10-04-2012, 10:10 PM
Would have preferred a team with history and a big support but hey ho...

joe breezy
10-04-2012, 10:27 PM
They deserve it I guess but if I'd rather Dundee, Partick Thistle or Ayr in the SPL

Eyrie
10-04-2012, 10:40 PM
He rubbed everyone at Hibs up the wrong way.
Oops - took your original post to mean he'd ruffled feathers at Ross County based on Jimmy Calderwood succeeding him there.

yeezus.
10-04-2012, 10:40 PM
They certainly deserve it. Ground sharing with ICT.

Might be 3 southwest derby's in the south of Scotland in division 2 next season as well - Ayr, QOS and Stranraer

Newhaven
10-04-2012, 10:51 PM

Martin 'Wolfie' Adams the darts player would have been better than Calderwood

Wotherspiniesta
11-04-2012, 12:01 AM
Martin 'Wolfie' Adams the darts player would have been better than Calderwood

I'm sure Wolfie wouldn't have any problems working with pricks in the board ..and I'm be sure that he wouldn't take any bull. BUT as long as he can bag the double before he checks out, that'd be oche with me.

Beefster
11-04-2012, 06:02 AM

Nope. When he was at Hibs, his reputation was based on one cup run. There was nothing there to justify giving him our job.

marinello59
11-04-2012, 06:16 AM
Would have preferred a team with history and a big support but hey ho...

They were formed in 1929. How long ago does a club need to have been formed before they pass your history test?
Well done to them.That's two clubs from the Highlands who have shown that merely surviving in the lower leagues is not the only option. The sooner we get a proper pyramid structure in place the better.

down-the-slope
11-04-2012, 07:29 AM

:thumbsup:

And down-the-slope that would be amazing! :greengrin

That's a great shout!

I realise it would probably be beyond the 'administartors of our games'...but im thinking of club costs as much as fans travel etc. Even if they get ground sorted then Ross Friday night / Caley Monday night staying up there would be very attractive to a lot of fans / clubs (think of Killie's travel) and then surely a reverse of this with Ross / Caley getting two close away games in quick succession say Hibs Hearts and then we could offer training at EM for them in between.

I would love 3/4 days up there with 2 matches...much easier to justify... :greengrin

Gatecrasher
11-04-2012, 11:21 AM
good luck to them, i think they will give some teams a fright including proabably us! County fan in my work has been cheesing all day :greengrin

Keith_M
11-04-2012, 11:25 AM

If we're lucky! Otherwise, we'll probably end up making six visits, going by how the SPL decide the post split matches.

Macaroon
11-04-2012, 11:46 AM
Not feeling particularly welcoming to them tbh.

If we don't get our act together they will relegate us.

Gatecrasher
11-04-2012, 11:49 AM
Not feeling particularly welcoming to them tbh.

If we don't get our act together they will relegate us.

The only people that can relegate us is us, We dont want to be relying on the Hamilton and Dunfermline to keep our SPL Status every year

Sean1875
11-04-2012, 11:55 AM

This makes perfect sense:agree: which is exactly why it wont happen :greengrin

hopefulhibby
11-04-2012, 12:28 PM
The only people that can relegate us is us, We dont want to be relying on the Hamilton and Dunfermline to keep our SPL Status every year

Will Martin Scott go back to Ross County and will he come back to haunt us? also will PF prove himself to be a better manager than DA?

jgl07
11-04-2012, 12:53 PM
Will Martin Scott go back to Ross County and will he come back to haunt us? also will PF prove himself to be a better manager than DA?

I do hope that Derek Adams does the decent thing and takes Martin Scott back. It is the least that he can do after lumbering Hibs with him in the first place.

Promoted clubs rarely go straight down, although Dunfermline might buck that trend this year.

I can see Ross County staying up for at least two seasons. They have an exceptional support for such a small town.

Someone from Inverness told me that it was disaffection after the Caley-Thistle merger that prompted some supporters from Inverness to switch allegiances to Ross County. I would imagine that if there was a forced Hibs-Hearts merger that some of us would react in the same way.

The Sea-gull
11-04-2012, 02:04 PM
Massive congratulations to Ross County.

To give an idea of the scale of what they have done, Dingwall is the smallest town in terms of population (approx 5000) to have a senior league football team in Scotland.

I know they probably drag in a lot of support from elsewhere in the surrounding area where they have no competition for miles to the north but it really is an example of what can be done with a well run and well supported community club who have obviously achieved this by successfully reaching out to and capturing the imagination of the local area.

MSK
11-04-2012, 08:56 PM
Massive congratulations to Ross County.

To give an idea of the scale of what they have done, Dingwall is the smallest town in terms of population (approx 5000) to have a senior league football team in Scotland.

I know they probably drag in a lot of support from elsewhere in the surrounding area where they have no competition for miles to the north but it really is an example of what can be done with a well run and well supported community club who have obviously achieved this by successfully reaching out to and capturing the imagination of the local area.Agree ..would rather have had Falkirk though ...or even Dundee ..just shows though both those teams would have beem my faves to battle it out ..didnt expect that from Ross County ..:agree:

Viva_Palmeiras
11-04-2012, 09:03 PM
Interestingly enough Celtic has congratulated RC on this achievement.
funny don't think they'll do this for everybody coming up from the sfl

Speedway
12-04-2012, 12:56 PM

Jimmy or Colin?