PDA

View Full Version : Balotelli's attempt to break Song's leg at the weekend

lapsedhibee
10-04-2012, 08:21 PM
No action to be taken by FA because it wasn't an off-the-ball incident.

You really have to wonder at the intelligence of fitba rule-makers sometimes. :bitchy:

Wotherspiniesta
10-04-2012, 08:36 PM
And in the same day, the QPR players appeal against his red card has been dismissed.

2 ridiculous decisions by the FA.

I guess its not just our football association who live on a different planet.

Danderhall Hibs
10-04-2012, 08:42 PM
It's just referees covering both their own and their mates arse. Happens the world over.

lapsedhibee
10-04-2012, 08:56 PM
It's just referees covering both their own and their mates arse.

Don't think so in this case. The ref, assistants and 4th official all said they didn't see the incident. The FA have clarified that retrospective action is not for incidents that the officials didn't see - it's for incidents that happened off the ball that officials didn't see. A bizarre distinction imo.

Hibs7
10-04-2012, 08:59 PM
Balotelli is an animal, shouldn't be allowed near a football field.

easty
10-04-2012, 09:09 PM
Balotelli is an animal, shouldn't be allowed near a football field.

I like him.

10-04-2012, 09:14 PM
I like him.

So did I, all his funny, harmless carry on before was actually quite funny and it was nice having a character like that around in the game. However, i think he has started to become a bit too big for his boots and his ego is far to big. His tackles v arsenal (the Song one in particular) were just dirty and could have given someone a career ending injury.

Jones28
10-04-2012, 09:56 PM
There's a fine line between amusing stunts off the pitch, but when it starts transferring onto the pitch that's when there's a problem. Keep the heed Mario FFS

The Green Goblin
10-04-2012, 11:16 PM
Here it is. Can't really tell if one of the officials did actually see it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5orjflbYzps

monktonharp
10-04-2012, 11:26 PM
So did I, all his funny, harmless carry on before was actually quite funny and it was nice having a character like that around in the game. However, i think he has started to become a bit too big for his boots and his ego is far to big. His tackles v arsenal (the Song one in particular) were just dirty and could have given someone a career ending injury.aye, as you say. he's a character all right:rolleyes:

Tricla
11-04-2012, 07:05 AM
MB is a dirty, cheating barsteward and I can't believe any professional football club would pay him hundreds of thousands of pounds to display his quite obvious idiocy.

Pretty Boy
11-04-2012, 07:28 AM
Don't think he's a bad guy as such but he is immature and arrogant, which is a dangerous mix.

Mourinho punted him because he couldn't, or wouldn't, deal with the nonsense. Mancini has known him since he was just a boy and can't seem to get through to him. Seems to me he's one of these guys who can't be kept under control and will probably never be the player he could be because of that.

AustinHibee
11-04-2012, 08:13 AM
FA have stated that one of the four officials has said that he saw the incident so therefore they cannot
take any retrospective action.

Sylar
11-04-2012, 08:36 AM
FA have stated that one of the four officials has said that he saw the incident so therefore they cannot

Which is a nonsense, because it only takes one official to see something to take action during the game itself.

I guess they don't have some version of a compliance officer down in England?

Seems stupid that they can rescind cards for both off and on the ball instances, but can't apply them retrospectively.

Sylar
11-04-2012, 08:43 AM
The other side of the coin. Interesting quote from Roberto Martinez, regarding Ivanovic's assault on Maloney on Saturday:

He said: "As a player, if you do something wrong you should be punished at that moment.

"You are competing against the opposing team in that game. You should be punished there and then.

"I don't see the point of punishing someone retrospectively. That is not something I am keen to see."

Macaroon
11-04-2012, 11:43 AM
Don't think he's a bad guy as such but he is immature and arrogant, which is a dangerous mix.

Mourinho punted him because he couldn't, or wouldn't, deal with the nonsense. Mancini has known him since he was just a boy and can't seem to get through to him. Seems to me he's one of these guys who can't be kept under control and will probably never be the player he could be because of that.

Reminds me a Riordan.

Obviously, on a far lesser scale. But he could have been such a bigger talent without his attitude.

lapsedhibee
11-04-2012, 11:55 AM

Not, I think, how the Gruniad's currently reporting the situation:

"The coming together of Balotelli and Song was seen by Atkinson and the nearest assistant referee. But they were partially unsighted so the serious nature of the incident was missed by them, the other assistant and the fourth official. This meant the episode was included in the official match report, and so Fifa rules that state any in-game issue cannot be reofficiated later tied the FA's hands.

The statement from the FA said: "Retrospective action in relation to the incident involving Mario Balotelli of Manchester City and Alex Song of Arsenal, which occurred in the 20th minute of Sunday's game, will not be taken. Where at least one of the officials has seen the coming together of players retrospective action is not taken, regardless of whether they have seen the full extent of the challenge."

I read this as meaning that none of the officials saw the incident - all they saw was two players coming together (which was not the incident). Similarly, Ivanovic walking up to Maloney was not an incident - punching him was.

FA(rking) shambles.

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-04-2012, 11:55 AM
What Martinez said is right, whats the point a player going unpunished in a game against your team and then picking up a ban so that he misses a game against another team? All that does is give that team an advantage, so, say they were competing against the team he made the initial foul against for Europe, then the team he made the foul against is being punished twice for doing nowt wrong!

lapsedhibee
11-04-2012, 12:11 PM
What Martinez said is right, whats the point a player going unpunished in a game against your team and then picking up a ban so that he misses a game against another team? All that does is give that team an advantage, so, say they were competing against the team he made the initial foul against for Europe, then the team he made the foul against is being punished twice for doing nowt wrong!

What Martinez said is wrong. Thuggery should be punished, even if there are unintended consequences.

If everyone in your street has a 63" telly and a burglar only robs yours (let's assume for the purposes of the thought-experiment that you don't live in Liverpuddle), should you report him or not?

If you report him and he gets banged up, then he can't rob anyone else's telly and you're left as the only one in the street without a big telly, and you will be socially ostracised, at worst, or have to pay an insurance excess (or lose no-claims bonus, or suhin), at best.

If you ignore the wrongdoing and he comes back and robs everyone else's telly, then you're all in the same boat on a level playing field (think Dumbarton FC). You won't be socially ostracised, or in any way worse off than your neighbours.

yeezus.
11-04-2012, 12:12 PM
Should of been a straight red, hate the guy and hate Man City

Wotherspiniesta
11-04-2012, 12:35 PM
Perhaps Martinez said this so Ivanovic wouldn't be suspended for Chelsea's game against QPR at the end of the month? :wink:

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-04-2012, 12:50 PM
What Martinez said is wrong. Thuggery should be punished, even if there are unintended consequences.

If everyone in your street has a 63" telly and a burglar only robs yours (let's assume for the purposes of the thought-experiment that you don't live in Liverpuddle), should you report him or not?

If you report him and he gets banged up, then he can't rob anyone else's telly and you're left as the only one in the street without a big telly, and you will be socially ostracised, at worst, or have to pay an insurance excess (or lose no-claims bonus, or suhin), at best.

If you ignore the wrongdoing and he comes back and robs everyone else's telly, then you're all in the same boat on a level playing field (think Dumbarton FC). You won't be socially ostracised, or in any way worse off than your neighbours.

Aye, thats the same thing right enough.

Mario does deserve a ban, but, will it do Arsenal any good?

lapsedhibee
11-04-2012, 01:56 PM
Mario does deserve a ban, but, will it do Arsenal any good?

Course it won't do Arsenal any good, any more than convicting a criminal will get you your telly back. :confused:

Dashing Bob S
11-04-2012, 02:01 PM

About the size of it.

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-04-2012, 04:13 PM
Course it won't do Arsenal any good, any more than convicting a criminal will get you your telly back. :confused:

Might get a better one back from the insurance money!

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-04-2012, 04:20 PM
What if I tried to sell my tv to Balo(telly), but he stamped on my leg when he came to the house to collect it? what recourse would I have?

lapsedhibee
11-04-2012, 04:21 PM
Might get a better one back from the insurance money!

You, BaloTELLI (:hmmm:), Gary O'Connor and the boy that robbed your telly are all at it together. Scamsters one and all :agree:

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-04-2012, 04:23 PM
Will we just leave it at that? this could go on a while!

Mikey
11-04-2012, 08:41 PM
I saw it today for the first time and it was a shocker.

HibbyAndy
11-04-2012, 08:47 PM
I saw it today for the first time and it was a shocker.

:agree:

Song actually does well to continue considering his leg gets bent back the way when getting snapped by MB, I actually like MB but enough is enough when it comes to career threatening tackles like that, The guy is a loose cannon and Mancini needs to empty this Air head soon as possible.

Northernhibee
11-04-2012, 08:59 PM
He knew exactly what he was doing.

Would fully back Mancini if he doesn't play him again.

yeezus.
11-04-2012, 11:21 PM
... and MOTD seemed to spend a good while wittering on about him tonight.