hibby al
10-04-2012, 12:37 PM
for all those travelling by train on saturday the discounted group
tickets are not available

Andy74
10-04-2012, 04:06 PM
for all those travelling by train on saturday the discounted group
tickets are not available

Any reason? Simple not allowing football fans the same options as others get every day to go about their business?

marinello59
10-04-2012, 04:10 PM
Any reason? Simple not allowing football fans the same options as others get every day to go about their business?

I think it's more a case of there are only a limited number of them available for any particular day. As the saying goes, once they are gone they are gone.

hibby al
10-04-2012, 10:01 PM
I think it's more a case of there are only a limited number of them available for any particular day. As the saying goes, once they are gone they are gone.

not a quota controlled ticked scotrail always make them unavailable when there is a big
sporting event in glasgow and edinburgh (rugby)maximising revenue ,same on sunday for the ****
game.

jgl07
12-04-2012, 02:33 AM

Rather like Hearts' season tickets!

Keith_M
12-04-2012, 06:00 AM
The ticket deal is there purely to maximise revenue when there's normally less demand, hence the reason these deals aren't available during the week. When there's a large demand, they don't need to do it.

I can only presume that's the reason this weekend. Does anyone know if the offer was made unavailable during the Six Nations home games?

DaveF
12-04-2012, 06:40 AM
I've got the groupsave tickets - If that's the deal where 4 adults get a much reduced price?

I bought my tickets on Monday 2nd April mind you, so perhaps they pulled them when demand rose.

NYHibby
12-04-2012, 09:11 AM
I can only presume that's the reason this weekend. Does anyone know if the offer was made unavailable during the Six Nations home games?

I believe that you are right. This outdated webpage says they were unavailable during the 6 Nations in 2010: http://www.scotrail.co.uk/content/groupsave.html

Here are the 2012 T&Cs:
http://www.scotrail.co.uk/content/groupsave