Just did a quick impromptu there....embarrassing to say the least

Can't bring myself to watch to be honest

Why? What happened?

Got a clip or link anyone?

:cb

10-04-2012, 08:31 AM
The proclaimers are great, we should be proud to have such well known celebs amongst our support! :agree:

10-04-2012, 08:31 AM
Why? What happened?

Got a clip or link anyone?

:cb

One of them started singing GGTTH well out of tune, so badly my toes curled up..

10-04-2012, 08:32 AM
The proclaimers are great, we should be proud to have such well known celebs amongst our support! :agree:

They are crap in my book...:wink:

But then we all have our likes and dislikes eh?

10-04-2012, 08:34 AM
Don't watch it then.

I won't :wink:

If they are going to promote the team they need to make sure they get the message across properly and not singing way out of tune and giving us a red face...

10-04-2012, 08:39 AM

If they are going to promote the team they need to make sure they get the message across properly and not singing way out of tune and giving us a red face...
Better than Ronnie Corbett singing a hearts song :wink:

10-04-2012, 08:41 AM
Better than Ronnie Corbett singing a hearts song :wink:

Oh aye...absolutely...:wink:

10-04-2012, 08:44 AM

Not much point in taking a look then if you think they're so crap.
Did you abstain from belting out SOL at the Final v Killie?:rolleyes:

10-04-2012, 08:49 AM
Did you abstain from belting out SOL at the Final v Killie?:rolleyes:

No I didn't actually but beer consumption played a vital part in that, I'm a born and bred Leither and have an affection for the song but really don't like they're style of singing I'm afraid..

To each his own eh...:wink:

10-04-2012, 08:50 AM

:troll:

10-04-2012, 08:57 AM
:troll:

I ain't no troll mate...sorry my opinion irked your unstable brain...

10-04-2012, 09:04 AM
I ain't no troll mate...sorry my opinion irked your unstable brain...

Ok you maybe or may not be trolling, but anybody promoting Hibs on national sorry world wide TV in the week leading up to a cup semi final can only be good publicity, can it not. :confused:

10-04-2012, 09:09 AM
Ok you maybe or may not be trolling, but anybody promoting Hibs on national sorry world wide TV in the week leading up to a cup semi final can only be good publicity, can it not. :confused:

Absolutely but do it right FFS...that's all I'm saying!

10-04-2012, 09:19 AM
I like them. SOL is such a great song we should be proud of them.

10-04-2012, 09:24 AM
I like them. SOL is such a great song we should be proud of them.

That's fine by me mate, got no problem with that at all but had you seen the promo for it you would have diving back under the covers :wink: even the presenter said he hoped they would sing it in tune next time.

10-04-2012, 09:29 AM
Absolutely but do it right FFS...that's all I'm saying!

So how are you planning on promoting us on TV this week?

10-04-2012, 09:30 AM
The exaggerated 'Scottishness' in their style of singing is no worse than the quasi-American accent that most British singers adopt and which we accept without question. I think they're great ambassadors for Hibs.

10-04-2012, 09:34 AM

Did you see it?

If yes then fine

That is all

10-04-2012, 09:36 AM
Did you see it?

If yes then fine

That is all

10-04-2012, 09:37 AM
That is all

I do hope so.

10-04-2012, 09:37 AM
The exaggerated 'Scottishness' in their style of singing is no worse than the quasi-American accent that most British singers adopt and which we accept without question. I think they're great ambassadors for Hibs.

You are quite correct Jim 100% and they are great ambassadors for the club but my point is had you seen the promo perhaps you would be taking a different view.

Nothing wrong in promoting the club with the above person saying millions watching around the world but FFS make sure you get it right not half cocked...

scuttle
10-04-2012, 11:09 AM
Did you see it?

If yes then fine

That is all

Just saw it for the first time,sounded fine to me

10-04-2012, 11:16 AM

So how is singing in your own accent as bad as adopting an accent from the other side of the Atlantic?

10-04-2012, 11:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgS-W2HGT64

GGTTH :flag:

10-04-2012, 11:32 AM
Just saw it for the first time,sounded fine to me

where did you see it?

I can't find it on the SPN website

scuttle
10-04-2012, 11:38 AM
where did you see it?

I can't find it on the SPN website

It was on sky sports news about ten minutes ago ,they will probably repeat it throughout the day

10-04-2012, 11:43 AM
That's fine by me mate, got no problem with that at all but had you seen the promo for it you would have diving back under the covers :wink: even the presenter said he hoped they would sing it in tune next time.

You obviously have some sort of obsession here. That is 11 postings on this thread, mostly replying to yourself.

10-04-2012, 11:44 AM
I thought it was ok.

10-04-2012, 12:00 PM
You obviously have some sort of obsession here. That is 11 postings on this thread, mostly replying to yourself.

So I'm replying to myself and not peoples questions on why I originally posted it up? :confused:

They did a 10 second promo and one of them sung GGTTH so off tune my face turned red and I was in the house myself, my point is, if you are global superstars like they are you really don't need to sing your favourite football teams anthem off key in front of millions, I didn't watch the full interview with them and if they sang it OK then fine.

Hector Nicol must be spinning in his grave :rolleyes:

10-04-2012, 12:05 PM
So I'm replying to myself and not peoples questions on why I originally posted it up? :confused:

They did a 10 second promo and one of them sung GGTTH so off tune my face turned red and I was in the house myself, my point is, if you are global superstars like they are you really don't need to sing your favourite football teams anthem off key in front of millions, I didn't watch the full interview with them and if they sang it OK then fine.

Hector Nicol must be spinning in his grave :rolleyes:

He also sung the Hearts song. If I were him, I'd be more worried about having that credited to me. :wink:

10-04-2012, 12:27 PM
It was the authentic Easter Road version. Off tune, Scottish and slightly out of time.

10-04-2012, 12:29 PM
Please God...no

I haven't seen the clip myself but could it not just be a case of being embarrassed by the way certain accents come across? I always cringe when a 'local' gets interviewed on the national news but I know it's my problem. Friends from North Yorkshire/London/Manchester/Dublin say they feel the same when they hear 'their' accents too :confused:

10-04-2012, 12:35 PM
Listening to the "Sunshine on Leith" album as I stumble across this thread. :greengrin

The Proclaimers are great without my green tinted specs on.

They're perfection with my specs on. :cool2:

10-04-2012, 12:40 PM
Sounded better than what that rabble in Sect43 can manage :greengrin

10-04-2012, 01:15 PM
Recorded from SSN on Blackberry, not that great quality but I thought it was superb. :greengrin :thumbsup:

http://youtu.be/Sze-egfLWSk

Liam89
10-04-2012, 01:23 PM
Recorded from SSN on Blackberry, not that great quality but I thought it was superb. :greengrin :thumbsup:

Quality, GGTTH! :pfgwa

10-04-2012, 01:23 PM
I've uploaded an MP3 file of the youtube video version here (http://k004.kiwi6.com/hotlink/l4998gqh9i/gloryglory(feat.the proclaimers).mp3) if anybody wants to download it.

I tried restoring it a little. It ain't pretty but still a slight improvement over the video. :aok:

jonny
10-04-2012, 01:24 PM

:agree::agree:

Defo Hibs class...

10-04-2012, 01:26 PM

Does sound like they're coming down with a bit of the flu to be fair. :wink:

10-04-2012, 01:34 PM
Does sound like they're coming down with a bit of the flu to be fair. :wink:

They've been bloody poor ever since one of them got contacts or eye laser surgery. It has unbalanced the band.

Four eyes good, two eyes bad.

10-04-2012, 01:35 PM
awk the boys done good :agree:

10-04-2012, 01:47 PM
Your all totally missing the point here.

READ THE ORIGINAL POST FFS!

Sky Sports interviewer.."we will be going over to Easter Road shortly to hear from the Proclaimers"

(One of The Proclaimers starts to sing GGTTH so badly my cat could have done better)

Sky Sports presenter.."well we hope they can sing that in a lower octave when we go back"...cue his red face and laughing.

End of thread

10-04-2012, 01:53 PM
pmsl@end of thread :faf:

10-04-2012, 01:55 PM

I can see a version of Hibs.net - X Factor / Leith has talent / The Voice coming to a T.V near you soon hosted by Hibernian-0762 :wink:

10-04-2012, 01:56 PM
They're *****, but in the best possible way. Kind of like watching a Kujabi free kick s*****, I love 'em.

Zander
10-04-2012, 01:59 PM
better version, bit more in tune

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgS-W2HGT64

maturehibby
10-04-2012, 02:09 PM
A bit morbid but I want this on a loop at my Funeral as I want the Hibs family to enjoy it and my "Hearts friends" to squirm a bit as I had to when attending a Jambo funeral as I was near the end coming out and heard the "Hearts song " played four times much to the amusement of my Jambo colleagues who were getting their kill at my discomfort .
This will be payback time but unfortunately I wont be there to see them squirm :thumbsup:

10-04-2012, 02:22 PM
A bit morbid but I want this on a loop at my Funeral as I want the Hibs family to enjoy it and my "Hearts friends" to squirm a bit as I had to when attending a Jambo funeral as I was near the end coming out and heard the "Hearts song " played four times much to the amusement of my Jambo colleagues who were getting their kill at my discomfort .
This will be payback time but unfortunately I wont be there to see them squirm :thumbsup:

Welcome you can prepare well in advanced with this readily available download (http://k004.kiwi6.com/hotlink/l4998gqh9i/gloryglory(feat.the%20proclaimers).mp3).

Hibby Mike
10-04-2012, 02:42 PM

Hibs Class all over! :greengrin

:partyhibb:flag::partyhibb

Hibby Kay-Yay
10-04-2012, 02:46 PM
I thought they made it their own

10-04-2012, 04:25 PM
That was quality! What is wrong with you people? :grr:

10-04-2012, 04:37 PM
That was quality! What is wrong with you people? :grr:

There is only one miserable git moaning. It just that he repeats himself over and over again.

10-04-2012, 05:35 PM
Please God...no

Prob sing better than u! nowt wrong with them promoting hibs just like they did when mercer tried to buy us etc.

10-04-2012, 05:46 PM
I love them. They're a wee bit naff but you know its genuine and from the heart. A bit like a slightly embarassing relative.

kj79
10-04-2012, 06:01 PM
More concerned with report beginning by saying we have not won any silverwear since 1902!!

Since when did League cup not count??

Yam researcher at SSN suspected :P

10-04-2012, 06:16 PM
Actually thought it was really good no idea what anyones problem with that was.

:flag::flag:

10-04-2012, 06:54 PM
I think its quality. :greengrin

But is it not "bonnie fitbaw team" ?

hibbybrian
10-04-2012, 06:54 PM
More concerned with report beginning by saying we have not won any silverwear since 1902!!

Since when did League cup not count??

Yam researcher at SSN suspected :P

4 League Championships since then too :greengrin

10-04-2012, 07:40 PM
No problems from me, I think they're great. So what if they're a bit naff. Realistically, supporting an SPL team isn't doing much for anyone's street cred, is it?!

10-04-2012, 07:52 PM

Wouldnae get too hung up on a wee one off that you can avoid watching, the boys take the trouble to do a brilliant job of promoting their team around the world - have a look at GGTTH on Youtube that they did in OZ for example. They did a fair bit to help the club during the dark days when it mattered during Hands of Hibs and since. They have been Hibby's since before they were famous so I am perfectly prepared to allow them to make an erse of themselves for the cause.............we've all done it at some point or other I hope :wink:

10-04-2012, 07:56 PM
I suspect Craig and Charlie have made erses of themselves far less often than me in a hibs supporting context :greengrin

10-04-2012, 08:07 PM

:agree: Thanks for posting, even sober I have never sounded that good :greengrin

10-04-2012, 09:19 PM
A decent attempt by two guys that can't sing :duck:

Agree though that it's good to see them promoting the club in the run up to the semi, and they're also at Murray's testimonial dinner.

10-04-2012, 09:50 PM
Dont think the Procs will care about some boy on sky sports comments, they have sold albums all over the world, numbers ones in the US etc.

As for them taking abuse on here, I think Hibs net has sunk to an all new low for me.

Great band, see them everytime they are in Edinburgh and to say they are a huge part of Hibs is an understatement.

10-04-2012, 09:52 PM
Dont think the Procs will care about some boy on sky sports comments, they have sold albums all over the world, numbers ones in the US etc.

As for them taking abuse on here, I think Hibs net has sunk to an all new low for me.

Great band, see them everytime they are in Edinburgh and to say they are a huge part of Hibs is an understatement.

It was one or two folk who clearly don't 'get' the Proclaimers. Hardly the site sinking to a new low

BTW I think they're great :thumbsup:

10-04-2012, 09:54 PM
It was one or two folk who clearly don't 'get' the Proclaimers. Hardly the site sinking to a new low

One or two too many for me!!

10-04-2012, 09:59 PM

I used to sit a couple of seats away from one of them in the old North Stand - perfectly pleasant guy. But I'm not going to start pretending I like a type of music that does nothing for me simply because a band are fellow Hibees.

10-04-2012, 10:00 PM

10-04-2012, 10:35 PM

Me too. :agree:

keithkeith
10-04-2012, 11:26 PM
I used to sit a couple of seats away from one of them in the old North Stand - perfectly pleasant guy. But I'm not going to start pretending I like a type of music that does nothing for me simply because a band are fellow Hibees.

I was a few rows down from them in the North stand - I was in the front row.

Just listened to the SSN footage. Seems perfectly ok / in tune to me!

'Mon the Cabbage at Hampden!!!

11-04-2012, 04:50 AM
Just saw the SSN stuff, cringeworthy!

11-04-2012, 07:27 AM
Think people are mistaking the 2nd voice for out of tune singing. Not brilliant but certainly not as bad as some are making it out to be. Good on them!

11-04-2012, 09:03 AM
I honestly dunno what some folk on here are talking about. Sounded great to me! C'mon the Hibees!!!! :flag::flag::flag:

11-04-2012, 12:06 PM
[QUOTE=Jim44;3174275]The exaggerated 'Scottishness' in their style of singing is no worse than the quasi-American accent that most British singers adopt and which we accept without question. I think they're great ambassadors for Hibs.[/QUOT

I'm not sure it's exaggerated at all, just most people are used to trying to sing in a foreign accent, quasi American as you say

11-04-2012, 07:12 PM
Think people are mistaking the 2nd voice for out of tune singing. Not brilliant but certainly not as bad as some are making it out to be. Good on them!

:agree: Christ, we are all dead in the water if an Il Divo or dame Kiri Tekanawa rendition of our favourite beer infested Hibs utternaces is all that is acceptable on Saturday :wink: These guys are fans, no more no less when it comes to Hibs, who were given a chance to knock something out on Sky and did it as fans because they could.Seen a lot worse from fans on telly, especially on Sky. Chill...........

stanton_4
11-04-2012, 07:23 PM
A fine wee rendition I thought.
Hats of to The Proclaimers.
Total Hibbys.

woodythehibee
11-04-2012, 08:17 PM
Me too. :agree:

Me three :agree: