PDA

View Full Version : Sheep - Shall we sing a song for you!

frazeHFC
09-04-2012, 02:40 PM
Can't wait for Saturday. Dunno how many Hibees will be there, 10,000.......15,000......20,000.......but they seemed to suggest it's going well in the club store yesterday. The thought of Turnbulls Tornadoes etc being sung at the top of everyones voices and drowning out any noise from the sheep is something to look forward too, and is giving me shivers already. :thumbsup:

Lets make sure we can't hear those lot by giving it 90 minutes of constant, loud singing. Shall we sing a song for you....:singing:

Mon the Hibs!!!!!!!!!!!

:flag:

yeezus.
09-04-2012, 02:54 PM
Can't wait for Saturday. Dunno how many Hibees will be there, 10,000.......15,000......20,000.......but they seemed to suggest it's going well in the club store yesterday. The thought of Turnbulls Tornadoes etc being sung at the top of everyones voices and drowning out any noise from the sheep is something to look forward too, and is giving me shivers already. :thumbsup:

Lets make sure we can't hear those lot by giving it 90 minutes of constant, loud singing. Shall we sing a song for you....:singing:

Mon the Hibs!!!!!!!!!!!

:flag:

:thumbsup: It won't be hard to drown out the sheep but I'll have no voice after 90 mins - GGTTH:flag:

Pretty Boy
09-04-2012, 03:43 PM
Do the sheep have any songs other than

'Aburdeen, aburdeen aburdeen, aburdeen, aberdeen, aburdeeeeeen'?

I lived there for years and can't recall hearing fans sing anything other than that or a handful singing some variation on 'we are Hibernian dc'.

Billy Whizz
09-04-2012, 03:50 PM

I lived there for years and can't recall hearing fans sing anything other than that or a handful singing some variation on 'we are Hibernian dc'.

They also sing something along the lines of
"Saturday where ever you may be"
We are the famous Aberdeen"

Feel free to correct me

Mikey_1875
09-04-2012, 03:53 PM

Not many apart from the classy 'were red, your dead, were bouncin on your head' and the again classy Ian Durrant song. Assured by many sheep up here that they'll be noisy and seem quite cocky of a result albeit in a very poor quality game. I reckon we'll outsing them and ram it right up them!

Pretty Boy
09-04-2012, 03:56 PM
"Saturday where ever you may be"

Feel free to correct me

Aah that would be the one I thought sounded like our ' we are hibernian fc'.

Hibs3-2
09-04-2012, 03:58 PM
"Stand free, where ever you may be"

Feel free to correct me

Corrected, i think

Billy Whizz
09-04-2012, 04:01 PM
Corrected, i think

Got close😄

yeezus.
09-04-2012, 04:14 PM
All they sing is "Staaaaand free wherever you may be" (we are Hibernian FC)

It gets really annoying after 45 minutes of the one song.

Northernhibee
09-04-2012, 04:24 PM
I think we should all make sure we know the words to GGTTH for when the team walk out onto the pitch - drown out the sheep and make it feel like a proper Hibs game.

Cannae ****ing wait for this match though :flag:

Viva_Palmeiras
09-04-2012, 05:01 PM
Oh when the reds go steamin' in...

Come on ye reds...

And bizarrely (sung to the to the tune of Kano) "chente... chente, chente, chente... Chente..." [well it is Doric so could be anything!]

Eh... That's about it

If you must ask spent a year up there and on occasion sat in the south stand. They're nae bad and fair minded (the ones I knew/met).

Did you know they let the doors open for the last 15 mins and the kids were allowed into the merkland road entrance! Bet not these days

joe breezy
09-04-2012, 07:26 PM
They used to sing one man went to mow as well, so 2 Chelsea songs in their repertoire

Liam89
09-04-2012, 07:36 PM
will there be a rendition of SOL before kick off? :flag:

Northernhibee
09-04-2012, 07:39 PM

100% should be. We need to let the sheep know from the kick-off that this is the Hibees big day and our big occasion, not theirs from the get-go. Make it as intimidating an experience as possible for the opposition players.

09-04-2012, 07:41 PM

A rendition of that with all hibs fans involved would sound amazing!